• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.
that there was a good cartoon

Best episode is when he got transported to the future and fight an adult version of himself that had taken over the world and lost control of his powers.

It was some hard-ass shit.

Dark_Danny_Phantom.jpg

Hmm. Maybe I should watch this show again.

Wanderer5

I stumbled upon a trailer of the japanese dub of avatar.... Azula what have they do to you...

Maybe the dub was partly why the avatar universe doesn't seem to have much attention there.

Aaah, a LTTP thread for ATLA. Took one look and didn't even make it past the first page. Already became a vs thread between ATLA and TLoK.

Time to avoid that like the plague.

Aaah, a LTTP thread for ATLA. Took one look and didn't even make it past the first page. Already became a vs thread between ATLA and TLoK.

Just as I suspected, that's why I didn't bother to give it the courtesy of a ole look around. Been there done that.

Everyone has their own tastes and preferences. They just happened to prefer one of the few movies I've almost ever walked out on over one of my favorite series of all time.

No biggie.

Seriously though, I'd love to read that person's justification. I've never heard that opinion.

EDIT: Okay, so I jumped in real quick. Surprisingly tame thread. Genuinely surprising.

Lethe82

Banned

For all the problems Korra has had I've certainly enjoyed it more than TLA even if I enjoyed TLA a great deal and feel that it is objectively better in some ways (consistency, overall writing quality, and character arcs). By the end of my first TLA re-watch I was sick of how at least a third of the episodes in the series revolved around incredibly childish misunderstandings that resulted in huge jumps to conclusions and extreme judgmental anger when the entire thing could have been solved with like one sentence of dialogue and any of the characters not acting like twits.

I mean, I get that they were younger than the cast of LoK, but Katara came across as holier than thou half the time and Aang's frequent freak outs just got old. I still really enjoyed the series, but when LOK showed older protagonists and had them generally acting more mature, I think I was just ready for that.

Not to mention that as much as I loved the world of TLA, I find the ever evolving world of Korra to be much more interesting and thought provoking, same with the concepts that are introduced with the villains all having distinct ideological bends that far surpass that of the antagonist in TLA.

Amon with non bender equality (and the rise of non bender technology changing the world and producing an ever growing threat to benders and that way of life throughout the entire series)

Unalaq and his push towards spiritual harmony (at least from the outset) and the civil war.

Zaheer and anarchism, basically, but with his drive to remove power structures within society

Kuvira's drive to re-centralize the Earth Kingdom, influenced by her history as a orphan and the inaction of others.
Su sucks

Every single one of these villains is at least more interesting than Fire Lord Ozai who was the most generic evil McBadguy to exist in the Avatar Universe. Sure the meat of FireLord OZai was suppose to be spun through his two children, but that doesn't make him any more interesting.

Also I flat out prefer Korra as a protagonist over Aang. Both from a personality perspective (Aang is a bit of a flake throughout the entire series) and from a visual (character design and combat scenes) one. Korra is just a more interesting person to me, as is her struggle to succeed in finding her place in a world that is in a lot of ways changing faster than she can adapt.

I think that when a new Avatar series was announced a lot of people thought that it would be a mini series that showed TLA gang when they were older, and when that ended up not being the case it the show on a back foot for a lot of the diehard fans of TLA; never really able to enjoy how different LOK was attempting to be in the first place, or to enjoy the show on it's own merits for what it was because of what it wasn't. Taking place in a world where Aang was already long dead probably left a sour taste in more than a few mouths.

An-Older-Version-of-the-Gaang-avatar-the-last-airbender-31596077-893-587.jpg

I still remember posts saying 'but these designs look so much better than the new characters".

Yeah, because they didn't actually have to animate them.

That was a really weird scene in KlK. Even weirder when Nu and Ryuko got involved. Nice little incest orgy.
Ragyo felt Satsuki up almost every time they met. I honestly think Nu was enamored by her new sister and liked her more because they were the same type of creation. Nu never really like Satsuki that much because Satuski is too human and never really fell for any or her mind games.

Ragyo felt Satsuki up almost every time they met. I honestly think Nu was enamored by her new sister and liked her more because they were the same type of creation. Nu never really like Satsuki that much because Satuski is too human and never really fell for any or her mind games.

Oh, there's explanations, but finger-fucking your daughters is never going to not be creepy and disgusting.

but ITS TOTALLY AWESOME! BEST ANIME OF 2014!!!

nah

I really enjoyed it, so I can't fault people who believe that. Plus, I'm not much of a seasonal anime watcher (I watch what I want to), so I can't compare it to anything. Save for Attack on Titan, but that ended when it started, so it doesn't count. Now that's an anime that I couldn't buy into all the hype around it (at least the hype in the community I spent time in).

Still, I really liked KlK and would buy it except Aniplex is a bunch of fucking thugs with their pricing.

My friend put it best, "They think they're still in the VHS era. 4 episodes at the price of a full series."

Oh, there's explanations, but finger-fucking your daughters is never going to not be creepy and disgusting.
I can't even argue with that cause it's true. Sokka couldn't even defend that.
I really enjoyed it, so I can't fault people who believe that. Plus, I'm not much of a seasonal anime watcher (I watch what I want to), so I can't compare it to anything.

Still, I really liked it and would buy it except Aniplex is a bunch of fucking thugs with their pricing.

My friend put it best, "They think they're still in the VHS era. 4 episodes at the price of a full series."

This is the only reason why I don't own the show.

I can't even argue with that cause it's true. Sokka couldn't even defend that.

This is the only reason why I don't own the show.

It's awful. Wanna buy Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann on DVD? $50. Wanna buy it all on blu-ray? $100, more if you want the full collection plus movies (I think it's $250 at that point).
Seriously. Motherfuckers.

It's awful. Wanna buy Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann on DVD? $50. Wanna buy it all on blu-ray? $100, more if you want the full collection plus movies (I think it's $250 at that point).
This is why I like Funimation. It's not going to wreck your checking account to own the whole series on Blu Ray.

This is why I like Funimation. It's not going to wreck your checking account to own the whole series on Blu Ray.

This be truth. They do deals so frequently. Same with Viz Media. 13 episodes of Bleach? $20.

For some reason, all this animu talk makes me want to watch D. Gray-man again. Dunno why that anime specifically.

And that my friends, is why I'm thankful for Netflix. I would've been mad if that was my only method for watching the series.

This be truth. They do deals so frequently. Same with Viz Media. 13 episodes of Bleach? $20.

For some reason, all this animu talk makes me want to watch D. Gray-man again. Dunno why that anime specifically.
How was that? I usually hear that and Steins Gate in the same sentence.

So Korragaf it's been more than a month now since I lost my bet, can I change my avatar back or nah?

Oh, so it was a bet behind your avi? I didn't know I started posting here well after the finale. I keep seeing that pic on tumblr and it always reminded of you. What you lose anyway?

Hamlet

Oh, so it was a bet behind your avi? I didn't know I started posting here well after the finale. I keep seeing that pic on tumblr and it always reminded of you. What you lose anyway?

I bet that Makorra was going to happen heh. Didn't have enough faith in Korrasami actually happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom