• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.
How was that? I usually hear that and Steins Gate in the same sentence.
It's a pretty decent shonen series. I really like it. The second season is high on filler for some reason that I'll never understand, but it isn't bad filler. Seasons 3 and 4 are really good, though. If you like battle shonen I'd recommend it. The villains and powers are cool. I'd especially recommend it if you enjoy gothic tones and biblical lore or if you enjoy pseudo-Victorian settings.

It gets pretty dark at points. The bonus of watching the anime is you can pick up the manga right where it left off and not skip a beat. I'd recommend reading the manga.

I don't know why, but it's hard for me to recommend, despite the fact that I really like it. I'd say to just check it out. The first half of the series is decent. The second half is really good (especially the Edo arc) and is where the series really finds its footing and identity. I can't rightfully recommend you to watch a show for 51 episodes in order to reach that point, though. Just know that up to that point, it's a decent battle series.

So Korragaf it's been more than a month now since I lost my bet, can I change my avatar back or nah?
I like that avatar too much to say yes.

I bet that Makorra was going to happen heh. Didn't have enough faith in Korrasami actually happening.

Didn't think Korrasami was gonna happen as well.
tumblr_nj7nepcPYc1u16a9no1_500.gif

tumblr_nj7nepcPYc1u16a9no2_500.gif

Good thing I didn't place my bet... although I wouldn't mind your type of avatar being given to me. Though getting what Satch got would be hellish.

Lethe82

Banned
I really enjoyed it, so I can't fault people who believe that. Plus, I'm not much of a seasonal anime watcher (I watch what I want to), so I can't compare it to anything. Save for Attack on Titan, but that ended when it started, so it doesn't count. Now that's an anime that I couldn't buy into all the hype around it (at least the hype in the community I spent time in).

Still, I really liked KlK and would buy it except Aniplex is a bunch of fucking thugs with their pricing.

My friend put it best, "They think they're still in the VHS era. 4 episodes at the price of a full series."

I enjoy Knight of Sidonia over Attack on Titan, I've never really watched any AOT, but that's probably because it sounds so conceptually familiar and I really enjoy Sci-Fi and a Evangelion/BSG mashup.

I enjoy Knight of Sidonia over Attack on Titan, I've never really watched any AOT, but that's probably because it sounds so conceptually familiar and I really enjoy Sci-Fi and a Evangelion/BSG mashup.

So wait wait wait, you enjoy something over the thing you've never watched?

asdsoauxq.gif

Hamlet

Sure, here's a new one:
WK9HfRE.png
Ha I think i'll pass on that one.
I think you learned your lesson. Next time, don't question Korrasami.
I shall never doubt the Korrasami gods ever again.
I like that avatar too much to say yes.
It's ok not as good as the ones Trey and m_shortpants got.

Good thing I didn't place my bet... although I wouldn't mind your type of avatar being given to me. Though getting what Satch got would be hellish.

Those are really well done and yeah i'm glad I didn't specify for how long like Satch did ha. Poor Satch having to deal with that avatar for a year.
Though Korrasami becoming canon certainly helps.

Sue me, they're basically Coke/Pepsi.
And I've heard meh things about AOT

Oh, it's not your preference I'm knocking, it's that statement. You can't like AoT because you've never seen AoT. It's a genuinely dumb statement, and weird that you even bothered to make the comparison.

Lethe82

Banned
I dispute that on the basis that I've literally had people tell me that KoS is a complete rip off of AoT (regardless of when either started) and one of my friends who has watched AOT thus far has given me plot rundowns and said 'KoS is much more suited to your tastes'.

Sure it's an estimation, but there is a basis for me still being able to make a comparative statement.

I dispute that on the basis that I've literally had people tell me that KoS is a complete rip off of AoT (regardless of when either started) and one of my friends who has watched AOT thus far has given me plot rundowns and said 'KoS is much more suited to your tastes'.

Sure it's an estimation, but there is a basis for me still being able to make a comparative statement.
It carries no weight. You're going off of other people's opinions and viewpoints. If you don't watch AoT based on that and you respect their opinions on your tastes as accurate, that's fine. That's not my argument and I'm not arguing your comparison (I haven't seen Knights of Sidonia and currently hold no urge to) or your personal taste. Your comparison statement does not make sense. If you had said you prefer the concept, or something along those lines, I'd buy it. You didn't and as it stands, it doesn't make sense.

It's like me saying that I prefer eating Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream over Cookies n' Cream, but I've never had Cookies n' Cream. Or I prefer riding in planes as opposed to boats, but I've never ridden in a boat before. Or that I prefer playing soccer over hockey, but I've never played hockey.

Lethe82

Banned
It's like me saying that I prefer eating Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream over Cookies n' Cream, but I've never had Cookies n' Cream. Or I prefer riding in planes as opposed to boats, but I've never ridden in a boat before. Or that I prefer playing soccer over hockey, but I've never played hockey.

I think you're getting a bit hung up on my use of phrasing "I enjoy Knights of Sidonia over attack on Titan' versus the spirit of the rest of the post and my subsequent comments. There's a difference between making an objective statement on the quality of something that you have not experienced and making a subjective statement largely by appealing to personal perception.

To better explain that, most of your statements here: Why would I need to try both ice creams if I already knew that I don't like mint? Mode of transport, some people have a very strong conceptual fear of flying even without having done so, and from a spectator perspective having played or not played either sports is meaningless to innate appeal, provided you are then capable of coming to an understanding of the games in their respective function.

So back of Knights of Sidonia versus Attack on Titan as a prospective viewer. I know that I'm a sucker for 'last bastion of humanity versus overwhelming foe/s' and both shows have that.

But I generally prefer Futuristic Sci-Fi settings.
I know I don't have the endurance for a very long show or one that I have to spend a lot of time catching up on.
I've heard that AOT has a LOT of episodes already out, hm, mark against it.
Knights of Sidonia just started? Cool.
I have a massive love of futuristic Sci Fi? Even better. If I already mentioned that it's probably because it bears repeating.
I heard from a friend that the overall story in AoT degrades rather badly with time? Bleh, why bother then?

My preference for KoS over AoT is in so far that I came to the decision to start watching KoS over AoT, to give KoS 'the first shot'. I find it more innately appealing because of what I personally gravitate to. I have a legitimate preference for one over the other based on the information I have accumulated, I don't need to have actually watched both in their entirety unless I am planning on making more substantive statements that are meant to directly compare and contrast particulars of each show. I can add 'conceptually' earlier in my original sentence if you want, I meant no harm by it. :p

But to loop this back around

So wait wait wait, you enjoy something over the thing you've never watched?

asdsoauxq.gif

Well yes, obviously. :p

SystemBug

So I sent that Korra gif to my friend and he said that Asami should have been the one twerking because she has wider hips.

Does she?

DectectiveGaf?

I got more involved in that thread than I wanted to.

Damn it. I should be focusing on my homework. It's such an easy assignment! Instead, I'm doing this.

orochi91

1/4 of the way into LoK: Book 3, and man this season is pretty tense.

I was linked this pic in the Off-topics thread:

avaxblo3.jpg

Super fucking sexy :3

Hmm I think this is my fault.

I'm so sorry.

Watching all the direct-to-video Disney animated sequels has been a goal of mine for some time. Currently I've only seen the Aladdin sequels, Lion King sequels, and Beauty and the Beast 2.

Of course, I'm strictly referring to the classics. Not like, the Tinkerbell movies or some shit.

SystemBug

I don't think Korra is that wide though...then again I'm pretty sure she does a lot of squats. We don't know what that thing wrapped around her waist is hiding.

exactly, thats why I thought Korra would have the larger hips mainly because she works out and I'm sure she does squats.

SystemBug

honestly though, Korra and Asami are imo quite possible the most attractive people in a cartoon I have seen. I have real thirst and I'm not afraid to admit it

yall thirstin over them young girls.... smh

*lights incense in front of Lin Baefong shrine hidden in my closet*

....what? it's not as bad as Toa renting out AT&T Stadium for his Kuvira shrine

yall thirstin over them young girls.... smh

*lights incense in front of Lin Baefong shrine hidden in my closet*

....what? it's not as bad as Toa renting out AT&T Stadium for his Kuvira shrine
Kuvira is probably close enough to my age to fiend off of. I do like that Lin action though and Suvira is a great crack ship...Su really does need to purify Kuvira.

Kuvira is probably close enough to my age to fiend off of. I do like that Lin action though and Suvira is a great crack ship...Su really does need to purify Kuvira.

Is Lin x Kuvira a thing? Both have mommy issues, progenitors of order, and love/hate Su. If ya can't get to the younger sis, go for the older one I suppose...

The Kuvira/Lin ship came out of the same left field the Kya/Lin ship came from... but I ain't complaining.

Suvira and Korvira are two crack ships which I can understand where they come from. I love both of them anyway, and will go down with them, then use this as a life raft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom