• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

He did have a disclaimer about no episodes are actually bad but he feels some are weaker than others.

But his reasoning should be interesting

I know, I've seen that video, but I completely disagree about at least half of the episodes on his list that they are among the (relatively) weakest episodes produced by ATLA.

I'll post some of my previous posters to show what my skill level is at. im not a great at drawing but i make up for that using other techniques

I really like these posters. My suggestion would be a duality between Korra[Water] and Kuvira[Earth]. The erosion of rock against the fluidity of the water. Or something like that, dunno.

Lethe82

Banned
I'll post some of my previous posters to show what my skill level is at. im not a great at drawing but i make up for that using other techniques

Batman-Cargo.png

behancefull.jpg

behancefull.jpg

db7ee8ba077edee45b34015530e1e6b6.jpg

Those are really cool!

Nostalgia Critic is insane. All of those are quality episodes with the exception of The Painted Lady and The Great Divide. Boiling Rock and Sokka's Master are two of the highlights of Book Three for the character stuff and the action both. And the list is missing the early Book 1 missteps of The King of Omashu and Imprisoned (although both introduced cool characters who were better served in their later appearances) and the intense awkwardness of Avatar Day, although that had a solid Zuko/Iroh B-plot.

Edit: and I mean come on, The Waterbending Master is one of the few crucial episodes to the overall plot of Book One, and it tees up The Siege of the North, which is one of the best episodes of the entire series. So putting it on a worst episodes list is simply madness. The Cave of Two Lovers is an important step in Aang and Katara's character development, and both it and The Headband have quality humor through their (admittedly weird) premises. I can kinda see where he's coming from with Jet and Bato, and those aren't necessarily my favorite episodes either, but both are significant for the character development contained within and both have really good "guest star" characters.

I understand his points, and I actually agree with some of them, particularly about Sokka's Master and Boiling Rock Part 1, though I think it's disingenuous of him to single out Part 1 when in his Top 11 Best he combines the multi-parters into one episode for each listing. Part 1 is basically set-up that's not really necessary, but without it Part 2 wouldn't have worked out as nicely as it did. That's sort of the whole point of multi-parters though: They're better when treated as a whole as opposed to separate.

Sokka's Master...I really like that episode (Robert Patrick as Piandao is great), I like the power-up it gives Sokka and the confidence he receives. I love the action. On the other hand, in order for that plot to progress, it makes Sokka out to be useless, which has been shown time and time again to not be true. In fact, episodes after this don't really focus on his sword usage at all, which in the long run makes it seem like "Oh. Cool. We got that now." I mean, he's held his own in combat plenty of times before as well (he was trained by Suki before this).

The Painted Lady and The Headband do a good job of showing us what life is like in the Fire Nation, so it's good world-building and has some fairly fun and funny moments, as well as some Kataang stuff. Overall, they're sort of worthless. Same with The Great Divide, the only episode of true filler within the series (absolutely nothing of note occurs in this episode).

I really enjoy the rest, and thus disagree with him, but I understand his points. The only one I can't truly rectify is The Serpent's Pass (and Jet, but that's because he's so dreamy. Look at him. Look at how dreamy he his. And how cool he is. So cool). I feel like that episode is too strong in terms of Aang's progression, Sokka and Suki's relationship, and the foreshadowing of the Drill (the Fire Nation was doing some secret operation, which is why the ships were there, as well as Hakoda's group keeping them out ). I feel like it's a really important episode (though not one of my favorites), especially considering it's a lead in to one of my favorite episodes (from both series), The Drill.

Great work.

Nah it should be dedicated to the shows greatest villains with Unalaq and Vaatu.
heh heh

That'll just be silhouette(s) of Unalaq kissing the tentacle bits of Vaatu. The greatest untold OTP of the avatarverse. Worlds apart but eventually became one, even willing to kill his children to reunite with his lover. If that aint love, it is certainly more than that.

Lethe82

Banned
Someone on reddit did a write up on the villains of the series with a few points I hadn't realized

The idea of making Korra face a new enemy in each book was one that I admittedly didn’t like at first. Amon was so cool and Unalaq so… ehhh… that I would have much rather seen 4 books of fighting equalists. But, seeing the end result, I’ll admit it turned out far better than I feared it might. And with the progression of villains, we also got a clean illustration of Korra’s growth as the Avatar.

Let’s look at each of the four main villains:

Amon was practically embodiment of Korra’s shortcomings as an Avatar. Going into the conflict, Korra was headstrong, naïve, and frankly a little arrogant about her role as the Avatar. But Amon was calm, cool, charismatic, and had powers that even Korra couldn’t match. Korra’s growth here was about widening her perspective; she had to learn that not everybody had the same viewpoints as her, she wasn’t unstoppable, and that there is more than one way to attack a problem.

While Korra was outmatched against Amon, when she faced Vaatu and Unalaq, her powers were on par with theirs, thanks to her connection with Raava. And in this case, Unalaq is not a distant boogeyman figure who haunts her nightmares, but a mentor figure. He is still her superior, but in a much more humanizing role. Korra’s growth here was about moving past being a student and becoming a leader.

When she first faces Zaheer, she has already helped lead the new Air Nation, and taken on some mentor roles of her own, with Daw and Opal. And for the first time, she is physically stronger than the foe she faces, and the Red Lotus must use sneak attacks and deceit to win their fights. Not only that, but she has philosophical conversations with Zaheer as an equal. Her growth here is about understanding her role in the larger balance of the world, and realizing her duty to the world: that she needed to sacrifice herself.

Then, when she takes on Kuvira, she is for the first time the spiritual superior to her enemy. The comparison of Kuvira to book one Korra are obvious. There is a really good shot in the finale where Korra and Kuvira are entering the spirit world, and there are two Korras, one in blue and one in purple, and the purple one turns into Kuvira. Maybe you recognized this shot from book two, where the same thing happened, but that time the blue one turned into Aang. The roles have flipped, and now it is Korra’s time to be the mentor.

It’s neat to see that progression, and I’m sure I’m not the first to see it. But there’s still four more villains to talk about, because each book had two: one big bad (plus henchmen), and one smaller villain that fights against the big bad (ineffectually) and represents the extreme opposite philosophy and illustrates the need for balance (who would have guessed that was a running theme in this show?)

In book one, that was obviously Tarrlok. He serves as a mirror of book one Korra, showing Korra how she might easily turn into the bad guy if she takes the fight too far.

Book two gives us Varrick, who thinks only of himself and his business and is basically the least spiritual person on the show, the complete opposite of Unalaq. His role in book two was unfortunately wasted, because ultimately he did absolutely nothing to affect the civil war or Unalaq’s plans and mostly just kept the rest of Team Avatar busy while Korra did all the important stuff. But, hey, at least he tried, which is all the credit I can give for anything in book two.

Book three has the Earth Queen, who apparently has a name, but I’m pretty sure they never said on the show. A horrible tyrant who extorts her starving people and ultimately deserved what she got. I liked how we got to see a scene of bandits attacking under both the queen’s oppression and Zaheer’s anarchy, illustrating how similar the two states are.

So, who was the side-villain for book four? I had to think for a while on this. At first it seemed obvious that it was Dark Korra, as that was the one Korra spent the most time fighting, but when I thought about it, she didn’t match the pattern. Dark Korra never fought Kuvira in any fashion; if anything, she helped Kuvira win that first fight. So who opposed Kuvira in a manner that took things to the extreme and lost? When I asked that question, it suddenly became obvious.

Suyin Beifong was the second villain of book four.
Mic dropped.

http://www.reddit.com/r/TheLastAirb...lok_b4some_thoughts_on_the_eight_villains_of/

Jacob

I understand his points, and I actually agree with some of them, particularly about Sokka's Master and Boiling Rock Part 1, though I think it's disingenuous of him to single out Part 1 when in his Top 11 Best he combines the multi-parters into one episode for each listing. Part 1 is basically set-up that's not really necessary, but without it Part 2 wouldn't have worked out as nicely as it did. That's sort of the whole point of multi-parters though: They're better when treated as a whole as opposed to separate.

Sokka's Master...I really like that episode (Robert Patrick as Piandao is great), I like the power-up it gives Sokka and the confidence he receives. I love the action. On the other hand, in order for that plot to progress, it makes Sokka out to be useless, which has been shown time and time again to not be true. In fact, episodes after this don't really focus on his sword usage at all, which in the long run makes it seem like "Oh. Cool. We got that now." I mean, he's held his own in combat plenty of times before as well (he was trained by Suki before this).

The Painted Lady and The Headband do a good job of showing us what life is like in the Fire Nation, so it's good world-building and has some fairly fun and funny moments, as well as some Kataang stuff. Overall, they're sort of worthless. Same with The Great Divide, the only episode of true filler within the series (absolutely nothing of note occurs in this episode).

I really enjoy the rest, and thus disagree with him, but I understand his points. The only one I can't truly rectify is The Serpent's Pass (and Jet, but that's because he's so dreamy. Look at him. Look at how dreamy he his. And how cool he is. So cool). I feel like that episode is too strong in terms of Aang's progression, Sokka and Suki's relationship, and the foreshadowing of the Drill (the Fire Nation was doing some secret operation, which is why the ships were there, as well as Hakoda's group keeping them out ). I feel like it's a really important episode (though not one of my favorites), especially considering it's a lead in to one of my favorite episodes (from both series), The Drill.

I completely agree about The Boiling Rock and what you say about two-parters.

I hear what you (and the NC) say about Sokka not being useless, but I think the episode is more about Sokka's perception of himself and his need to overcome that sense of inferiority. Obviously Sokka was far from useless before that episode, and I don't think the writers somehow forgot that. The whole meteor scenario is a little contrived, but it's simply used to highlight an element of Sokka's character that had already been established. And while the sword fight at the end is really cool, Sokka's brief time with Piandao doesn't really teach him much (besides blacksmithing, I guess), mainly because of the limited time. Piandao straight-up says this at the end of the episodes, noting that Sokka wasn't a natural swordfighting prodigy, but that he had demonstrated important positive traits like intelligence and versatility. And this recognition from a respected figure ultimately helped Sokka mature into the character he is by the season's end.

I thought The Painted Lady was too on-the-nose with its message and exaggerated the main cast almost to the point of caricature for the sake of having conflict among them, but overall I don't think the "fillery" episodes at the beginning of Book 3 are worthless at all. The worldbuilding is a huge part of what I like about ATLA, and establishing the positive sides of the Fire Nation is essential to understanding the end of the series and why everyone goes along with Aang's plan to be merciful to the Fire Nation in general and the Fire Lord in particular. There were other episodes that did this better (The Avatar and the Fire Lord comes to mind), but The Headband was also genuinely really funny (IMO) and I enjoyed getting to see the characters relax after all the shit they'd been through from the middle of Book 2 up until that point. And the dance scene in the cave gave some insight into the ongoing evolution of Aang and Katara's relationship (and was surprisingly sensual for a kids show, especially the shot of them drenched in sweat at the end).

I agree about the significance of The Serpent's Pass, although I also liked it a lot, largely because I'm a big Suki fan. :)

Thanks for the in-depth response. I always love getting to talk about ATLA with other people who care about the show.

I hear what you (and the NC) say about Sokka not being useless, but I think the episode is more about Sokka's perception of himself and his need to overcome that sense of inferiority. Obviously Sokka was far from useless before that episode, and I don't think the writers somehow forgot that. The whole meteor scenario is a little contrived, but it's simply used to highlight an element of Sokka's character that had already been established. And while the sword fight at the end is really cool, Sokka's brief time with Piandao doesn't really teach him much (besides blacksmithing, I guess), mainly because of the limited time. Piandao straight-up says this at the end of the episodes, noting that Sokka wasn't a natural swordfighting prodigy, but that he had demonstrated important positive traits like intelligence and versatility. And this recognition from a respected figure ultimately helped Sokka mature into the character he is by the season's end.
Like I said, I really like the episode and what it does, but you have to think: Sokka had a moment of inferiority born out of...what? Not being able to stop a small fire? I might have bought his sudden spurt of an inferiority complex, but having that as the scenario seemed dumb.

I like Sokka, he's one of my favorite characters between both series, but he's never had this problem before. He's always found a way to do things to play to his own strengths. He's never worried about not having bending, instead directing the others to best maximize their bending for the scenario. Plus, we even have the scene when they are making their attempt at re-taking Omashu where Ty Lee blocks Katara's chi and May goes "what are you gonna do without your bending?" What does Sokka do? Fly in on Appa, save Katara, and go "I seem to manage."

All the episode does is prove what we've already known: that Sokka's greatest strength has never been his ability to fight, but his creativity. Now, that's fine, but as I've said we know that. Aside from giving Sokka a power-up and a turning the Gaang onto the Order of the White Lotus (which doesn't seem to matter much anyhow, since it isn't until Zuko joins that they even find out about the Order and that doesn't happen until Sozin's Comet). While I get your point about reinforcing his confidence, he's also always been (besides Toph) the most self-assured member of the group in his abilities. Aang and Katara both had issues dealing with their abilities and skills.

I like the episode, but I question why it was necessary in the first place. Maybe Bryan and Mike got tired of people saying Sokka sucked and decided to show people what's been in front of them the whole time? It's the only reason I see.
I thought The Painted Lady was too on-the-nose with its message and exaggerated the main cast almost to the point of caricature for the sake of having conflict among them, but overall I don't think the "fillery" episodes at the beginning of Book 3 are worthless at all. The worldbuilding is a huge part of what I like about ATLA, and establishing the positive sides of the Fire Nation is essential to understanding the end of the series and why everyone goes along with Aang's plan to be merciful to the Fire Nation in general and the Fire Lord in particular. There were other episodes that did this better (The Avatar and the Fire Lord comes to mind), but The Headband was also genuinely really funny (IMO) and I enjoyed getting to see the characters relax after all the shit they'd been through from the middle of Book 2 up until that point. And the dance scene in the cave gave some insight into the ongoing evolution of Aang and Katara's relationship (and was surprisingly sensual for a kids show, especially the shot of them drenched in sweat at the end).

I agree about the significance of The Serpent's Pass, although I also liked it a lot, largely because I'm a big Suki fan. :)

Thanks for the in-depth response. I always love getting to talk about ATLA with other people who care about the show.

I suppose "worthless" was far too strong of a word to use, but I think if you were to cut those episodes out, especially The Painted Lady, they wouldn't really be missed too much. The Headband does far more by creating an impact on our perception of the Fire Nation than The Painted Lady does. World-building is a strong aspect of ATLA, I agree, but I don't think those two episodes do much for me to go, in hindsight, "those two episodes are extremely important." The Avatar and the Fire Lord, while it isn't "necessary" viewing, I would say it feels very important regardless because it does immense things towards building the setting (which has already been rather fleshed out) as well as make huge advancements in Zuko and Aang's respective arcs.

Trey

The 11 Worst Episodes according to NC:

11- Boiling Rock: Part 1
10- The Serpent's Pass
9- Jet
8- The Cave of Two Lovers
7- The Waterbending Master
6- Sokka's Master
5- The Swamp
4- The Painted Lady
3- The Headband
2- Bato of the Water Tribe
1- The Great Divide

I need to make my own list but I remember hating Avatar Day.

A "worst episodes of Avatar" list longer that two or three entries is already fucking up.

But this list doesn't even have Appa's Lost Days on it, so it's invalidated in that respect as well.

A "worst episodes of Avatar" list longer that two or three entries is already fucking up.

But this list doesn't even have Appa's Lost Days on it, so it's invalidated in that respect as well.

Agreed. There are only a few weak episodes, I'd say maybe 5 at the most. And they're not necessarily bad, but rather they don't do enough to push the story forward or develop characters. Like the Great Divide, where we don't really learn anything new about any of the characters, and the plot doesn't go anywhere.

I will fight you. I'm surprised Avatar Day isn't on it. I've seen so much vitriol towards that episode from some people.

Jacob

Like I said, I really like the episode and what it does, but you have to think: Sokka had a moment of inferiority born out of...what? Not being able to stop a small fire? I might have bought his sudden spurt of an inferiority complex, but having that as the scenario seemed dumb.

I like Sokka, he's one of my favorite characters between both series, but he's never had this problem before. He's always found a way to do things to play to his own strengths. He's never worried about not having bending, instead directing the others to best maximize their bending for the scenario. Plus, we even have the scene when they are making their attempt at re-taking Omashu where Ty Lee blocks Katara's chi and May goes "what are you gonna do without your bending?" What does Sokka do? Fly in on Appa, save Katara, and go "I seem to manage."

All the episode does is prove what we've already known: that Sokka's greatest strength has never been his ability to fight, but his creativity. Now, that's fine, but as I've said we know that. Aside from giving Sokka a power-up and a turning the Gaang onto the Order of the White Lotus (which doesn't seem to matter much anyhow, since it isn't until Zuko joins that they even find out about the Order and that doesn't happen until Sozin's Comet). While I get your point about reinforcing his confidence, he's also always been (besides Toph) the most self-assured member of the group in his abilities. Aang and Katara both had issues dealing with their abilities and skills.

I like the episode, but I question why it was necessary in the first place. Maybe Bryan and Mike got tired of people saying Sokka sucked and decided to show people what's been in front of them the whole time? It's the only reason I see.

I don't agree that Sokka is particularly most self-assured. He's blustery, and he's often able to get through by this alone, but the show points out his vulnerabilities several times. His sense of insecurity, largely about living up to his father, is a repeated theme throughout the show. In The Swamp and The Serpent's Pass we learn more about his regret with regards to Yue. His lack of bending isn't brought up much, no, but I don't think it's a big jump to go from "I wasn't strong enough to save my girlfriend from turning into the moon" to "maybe if I had magic water powers like my sister and friends maybe I could have".

I suppose "worthless" was far too strong of a word to use, but I think if you were to cut those episodes out, especially The Painted Lady, they wouldn't really be missed too much. The Headband does far more by creating an impact on our perception of the Fire Nation than The Painted Lady does. World-building is a strong aspect of ATLA, I agree, but I don't think those two episodes do much for me to go, in hindsight, "those two episodes are extremely important." The Avatar and the Fire Lord, while it isn't "necessary" viewing, I would say it feels very important regardless because it does immense things towards building the setting (which has already been rather fleshed out) as well as make huge advancements in Zuko and Aang's respective arcs.

I'm not a fan of The Painted Lady -- it would be on my list of the weakest episodes too -- and I get what you're saying about the sillier episodes not being as important for worldbuilding purposes. Certainly The Avatar and the Fire Lord does more on this front. But I think that The Headband, in addition to fleshing out the Fire Nation, is fun enough that I rank it a bit higher. Book 3 was structured in a more episodic fashion, so you can't expect every episode to be driving the plot forward relentlessly (although when the season first aired I kinda did, and it's mainly grown on me in retrospect).

I've had trouble getting past about five episodes that I'd put on such a list. Appa's Lost Days isn't one of them though, not even close.

I don't agree that Sokka is particularly most self-assured. He's blustery, and he's often able to get through by this alone, but the show points out his vulnerabilities several times. His sense of insecurity, largely about living up to his father, is a repeated theme throughout the show. In The Swamp and The Serpent's Pass we learn more about his regret with regards to Yue. His lack of bending isn't brought up much, no, but I don't think it's a big jump to go from "I wasn't strong enough to save my girlfriend from turning into the moon" to "maybe if I had magic water powers like my sister and friends maybe I could have".

I get your point. I do, and I'd agree with you, if it weren't for the way the episode played out, as I said. If Sokka had said all those things about Yue and his dad, then perhaps I would have considered the meteor scenario to be something that just compounded the whole thing and was the final straw that broke the Sokka's back. As it stands, that's not how it played out, and so it feels like the episode just goes "Sokka's not a fighter, but his strength is his creativity. Give him an OP sword and let's call it a day." I think that's the fundamental problem in that, and again, I can't stress enough, I do enjoy this episode. It just plays out in a way that doesn't have the impact that I think it should have.

Trey

11 - The Ember Island Players
10 - The Chase
9 - The Firebending Masters
8 - The Day of Black Sun
7 - Zuko Alone
6 - The Puppetmaster
5 - The Guru
4 - The Southern Raiders
3 - The Crossroads of Destiny
2 - The Storm
1 - Sozin's Comet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FCNebbo81s

Still feel Zuko Alone should be higher up.

Where is the The Blue Spirit? The Blind fucking Bandit? The Avatar and the Firelord? Tales of Ba Sing Se???

Take the Guru, Ember Island Players, Day of Black Sun, and Sozin's Comet out and sub in the aforementioned. that's basically my list.

Agreed. There are only a few weak episodes, I'd say maybe 5 at the most. And they're not necessarily bad, but rather they don't do enough to push the story forward or develop characters. Like the Great Divide, where we don't really learn anything new about any of the characters, and the plot doesn't go anywhere.

I will fight you. I'm surprised Avatar Day isn't on it. I've seen so much vitriol towards that episode from some people.

I've had trouble getting past about five episodes that I'd put on such a list. Appa's Lost Days isn't one of them though, not even close.

Only episode I actively dislike was Appa's Lost Days. The animation is yuck. I don't care much for the nightmare episode or the Great Divide either. Everything else ranges from okay to absolute flames.

Also, The Headband is silently one of the show's best episodes.

Where is the The Blue Spirit? The Blind fucking Bandit? The Avatar and the Firelord? Tales of Ba Sing Se???

Take the Guru, Ember Island Players, Day of Black Sun, and Sozin's Comet out and sub in the aforementioned. that's basically my list.

Only episode I actively dislike was Appa's Lost Days. The animation is yuck. I don't care much for the nightmare episode or the Great Divide either. Everything else ranges from okay to absolute flames.

You bring it back by putting The Blue Spirit in a Top 11.
107211-Arnold-Schwarzenegger-biceps-h-DXwa.gif

Also, to add to my argument about Sokka's Master: The whole point of the episode is showing how creativity is Sokka's strength, and they give him a brute force option. Seems awfully contradictory to me.

Jacob

Wow, a text heavy debate and I'm not part of it. This is weird.

What can I say? You're an inspiration to us all. ;)

I get your point. I do, and I'd agree with you, if it weren't for the way the episode played out, as I said. If Sokka had said all those things about Yue and his dad, then perhaps I would have considered the meteor scenario to be something that just compounded the whole thing and was the final straw that broke the Sokka's back. As it stands, that's not how it played out, and so it feels like the episode just goes "Sokka's not a fighter, but his strength is his creativity. Give him an OP sword and let's call it a day." I think that's the fundamental problem in that, and again, I can't stress enough, I do enjoy this episode. It just plays out in a way that doesn't have the impact that I think it should have.

Also, to add to my argument about Sokka's Master: The whole point of the episode is showing how creativity is Sokka's strength, and they give him a brute force option. Seems awfully contradictory to me.

Fair enough, man. I respect what you're saying, and you've got a point about the contrived nature of the meteor thing. But I do think that it builds upon previous character development even if it's largely implied. And I don't think the point of the episode is about Sokka becoming a badass warrior, because Piandao says that Sokka shows potential but not much more. He does okay in the final fight, but as you mentioned earlier, he had done okay in combat before this episode too. But given the emphasis on the space sword in later episodes, I do take your point here.

I love all the episodes you single out as great ones here. It's been too long since I've watched Appa's Lost Days to really comment on the quality of the animation, but story-wise I thought it was effective (surprisingly so for a flashback episode focusing on an animal character that can't speak).

Do u see mah boi Bataar Jr. in the back coming up with the master plan
I'm still trying to figure out the theme for this one. There's no Zaheer or Ming so it's not villain groups, plus Bolin is there and he's not a villain. I mean could be bending duos, but Bataar don't bend. Bataar's like, "Imma hang out in the background and let my woman
master/owner
do all the work."

You're the only one who'll claim him as "your boy". lol
People with glasses gotta stick together
I'm still trying to figure out the theme for this one. There's no Zaheer or Ming so it's not villain groups, plus Bolin is there and he's not a villain. I mean could be bending duos, but Bataar don't bend. Bataar's like, "Imma hang out in the background and let my woman
master/owner
do all the work."
I'm guessing for the purposes of that picture, it's his involvement with the laser Kuvira is firing.

master/owner
do all the work."

Ghazan and Bolin are lavabending. P'Li and Combustion Man are combustionbending. Kuvira is firing her spirit laser. Bataar Jr. is there because he helped build it (I guess).

I would assume the theme is "weird bending groups that aren't big enough to match the others so we'll just smash them together so people have to have conversations like this to figure it out."

Although they should have used Unalaq and Korra spiritbending instead of Kuvira (who's just metalbending) and Bataar Jr. (who isn't a bender). Would have fit the theme of weird bending pairs.

Ghazan and Bolin are lavabending. P'Li and Combustion Man are combustionbending. Kuvira is firing her spirit laser. Bataar Jr. is there because he helped build it (I guess).

I would assume the theme is "weird bending groups that aren't big enough to match the others so we'll just smash them together so people have to have conversations like this to figure it out."

Although they should have used Unalaq and Korra spiritbending instead of Kuvira (who's just metalbending) and Bataar Jr. (who isn't a bender).
That and everything in that picture is pretty OP.

He's the only one that pays attention to the ship he's in.

Lol, Kuvira sure doesn't.

Kuvira shot at him with the megatron cannon that he made for her. Afterwards he was jut lying on the ground stunned trying to figure out what the fuck happened. Unlike Mako, Kuvira knows how to break up with somebody.

Mark my words, when the he cameos in a Korra comic, he will have the baddest chick of all time, leaving you all legit shook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom