• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.

I do wonder how many times they wrote one another back. Did Korra start writing back to Asami 1 year into her three year hiatus? I feel like the writters should have had Korra writing back sooner, and not had the length of time be three years... I mean damn, Asami must be the most patient and devoted person on the planet.

I guess the wait was worth it to have moments like these:
tumblr_niw62j2qAJ1tl5boeo3_500.jpg

tumblr_niw62j2qAJ1tl5boeo4_500.jpg

tumblr_niw5rglmEL1tl5boeo1_540.jpg

Lethe82

Banned
Best episodes of Korra
Book 1...all over my face

Nice list Bk. That's probably what the top and bottom of mine would look like if I made a list of the atla episodes from best to worst. with a few exceptions of course.

Voice in the Night
And the Winner Is...
When Extremes Meet
Beginnings
A New Spiritual Age
Light in the Dark
Metal Clan
A Terror Within
Enter the Void/Venom of the Red Lotus
The Calling
Operation: Beifong
The Last Stand

Even the finale heh?

Man I barely even remember most episodes names... I should start compiling a list myself...

Even the finale heh?

Other than the finale. I mean, season one has some great episodes.

Welcome to Republic City
The Revelation
The Voice in the Night
And the winner is...
When Extremes Meet
Out of the Past (just for that one scene alone)

And there are more, I just can't remember all their names

Lethe82

Banned

Welcome to Republic City
The Revelation
The Voice in the Night
And the winner is...
When Extremes Meet

Season 1 really is incredible, it's my favorite season of Avatar period and certainly my favorite of LoK; obviously season 3 is an absurdly strong 2nd for me in LoK, the only question will be if I will prefer season 2 or 4 on rewatch.

The Steel Mother
tumblr_nijj48rhfV1qjlauao7_1280.png

This is only a small sample of the comic, rest is linked below.
Still a better ending than what Mako got.

ALL HAIL

Lethe82

Banned
double post because I forget to edit my posts with added quotes sometime, ah fuck it.

I guess the wait was worth it to have moments like these:

I kind of wonder what stage their relationship is at by the end of the series. I mean Korra is clearly smitten, but Asami is a bit harder to read. I think she has loved Korra for a long time, but I don't quite see them tongue kissing the second they get through the portal. I kind of feel like Asami's va played the "Really?!... ok..." dialogue a little too flat and light when you compare it against the animations. It seemed like Asami was excited and then... scared? Worried...? Giving in? With the way everything played out I kind of thing that they're 'giving it a go' by the very end and they're no question that it will work out, but I would seriously doubt that they would have even kissed prior to the portal scene.

I hope we get some awesome Korra comics to flesh out the post season 4 story, I feel like season 5 deserves to be right around the corner. Sure some of that might be down to the fact that Season 4 ended very open ended and we didn't get a ton of time for great character moments in season 4, but damn it I want more Korra.

EDIT: on that note people REALLY wanted Korra and Asami together
http://www.poll-maker.com/poll236735xFFdB465f-9

Hamlet

ZOMG Which element would you bend gaiz????

NICK QUIZ

Water Tribe 4 lyfe
3zNOoQS.gif

Woot got Water.

Welcome to Republic City
The Revelation
The Voice in the Night
And the winner is...
When Extremes Meet

Yeah I absolutely love Book 1 even if it did falter towards the end in the rush to wrap everything up. Amon is still the best Korra villain despite that eh backstory.
Also I really do love the tone and atmosphere they gave to Republic City which was sadly mostly dropped after Book 1.

double post because I forget to edit my posts with added quotes sometime, ah fuck it.

I kind of wonder what stage their relationship is at by the end of the series. I mean Korra is clearly smitten, but Asami is a bit harder to read. I think she has loved Korra for a long time, but I don't quite see them tongue kissing the second they get through the portal. I kind of feel like Asami's va played the "Really?!... ok..." dialogue a little too flat and light when you compare it against the animations. It seemed like Asami was excited and then... scared? Worried...? Giving in? With the way everything played out I kind of thing that they're 'giving it a go' by the very end and they're no question that it will work out, but I would seriously doubt that they would have even kissed prior to the portal scene.

I hope we get some awesome Korra comics to flesh out the post season 4 story, I feel like season 5 deserves to be right around the corner. Sure some of that might be down to the fact that Season 4 ended very open ended and we didn't get a ton of time for great character moments in season 4, but damn it I want more Korra.

Korra and Asami's relationship at the end was pretty much a new beginning sort of deal. Probably going to start things slow and steady, a lesson well learned from L-Master Mako mistakes. Also based on a off-topic/age 20-40s life advice podcast from a website about vidja games, when it comes to relationships you either need to either date awhile to explore what sort of person you want to be with for long term. And of course who you are as a person, etc etc. Or for the lucky few, a relationship just clicks. Korra seems to be settled as a person and knows what she wants and who she is. Her and Asami had the most chemistry and both know what they want, not Mako.

Season 1 really is incredible, it's my favorite season of Avatar period and certainly my favorite of LoK; obviously season 3 is an absurdly strong 2nd for me in LoK, the only question will be if I will prefer season 2 or 4 on rewatch.

ALL HAIL
Wu just isn't the same guy without having Mako watching him pee and vice versa.

3zNOoQS.gif

Woot got Water.

Yeah I absolutely love Book 1 even if it did falter towards the end in the rush to wrap everything up. Amon is still the best Korra villain despite that eh backstory.
Also I really do love the tone and atmosphere they gave to Republic City which was sadly mostly dropped after Book 1.

Agreed. The noir and steam punk vibe was really unique, and then lost in subsequent seasons. Other than the ending, I think the season was fucking incredible. Amon was amazing and definitely my favorite villian in Korra. Steve Blum fucking killed it. That one scene, "I...am the solution." Still gives me chills.

damn it guys I still need to start my ATLA and Korra rewatch. I havent seen ATLA in years now. That is so going to be a treat.

I rewatched ATLA (AGAIN... from the beginning this time) over this past weekend. By the time new OT comes around I will be able to recite every line from memory.

Nice list Bk. That's probably what the top and bottom of mine would look like if I made a list of the atla episodes from best to worst. with a few exceptions of course.

Voice in the Night
And the Winner Is...
When Extremes Meet
Beginnings
A New Spiritual Age
Light in the Dark
Metal Clan
A Terror Within
Enter the Void/Venom of the Red Lotus
The Calling
Operation: Beifong
The Last Stand
Not being a dick, but I find it interesting that you have Enter the Void and Venom of the Red Lotus together, yet you have The Last Stand separate from Day of the Colossus. Seems a bit disingenuous, no? Also, you have Light in the Dark on there?!
107211-Arnold-Schwarzenegger-biceps-h-DXwa.gif

Even the finale heh?
You know what, for all the shit that I give that finale for the final fight being disappointing as hell, I think the rest of the episode covers for it.
Man I barely even remember most episodes names... I should start compiling a list myself...
Just use the wiki. That's what I did.

EDIT: on that note people REALLY wanted Korra and Asami together
http://www.poll-maker.com/poll236735xFFdB465f-9
According to that TVTropes page, Asami was way more into Korra as opposed to the other way around. I dunno. I still contest a couple pf points that page makes.

How the heck did Korra never go to the fire nation in this series -____________-

-____________________-

-________________________________________-

-_-

Aight *cracks knuckles* lezdodisagin

Top 9 LEAST Favorite TLoK Episodes (What? It's a shorter show. Makes this harder)
The Spirit of Competition
Endgame
Peacekeepers
The Guide
The Calling
Remembrances
Kuvira's Gambit
Beyond the Wilds
Night of a Thousand Stars
(coolest name, though)

Top 9 FAVORITE TLoK Episodes (I mean, I gotta match it)
And the Winner is...
When Extremes Meet
Operation Beifong
Day of the Colossus
Light in the Dark
Beginnings
Venom of the Red Lotus
In Harm's Way
The Terror Within

How the heck did Korra never go to the fire nation in this series -____________-

-____________________-

-________________________________________-

-_-

we got boring ass water tribe. and then the series focused way too much on the earth kingdom, and su's family in particular. they had such a prominent role in season 3/4. fuck, they should've gone back to the fire nation.

we got boring ass water tribe. and then the series focused way too much on the earth kingdom, and su's family in particular. they had such a prominent role in season 3/4. fuck, they should've gone back to the fire nation.

I would have liked to at least get a small understanding of where the Fire Nation is at, but honestly, I'd had enough Fire Nation. They were such a huge focus of ATLA that I'm okay with focusing on the Earth Kingdom and the Water Tribe and even the Air Nomads.

Plus waterbending and metalbending > firebending.

Trey

Not being a dick, but I find it interesting that you have Enter the Void and Venom of the Red Lotus together, yet you have The Last Stand separate from Day of the Colossus. Seems a bit disingenuous, no? Also, you have Light in the Dark on there?!
107211-Arnold-Schwarzenegger-biceps-h-DXwa.gif

I really liked Big Blue Korra. Even on rewatch I found the Jinora ex machina stupid as hell, but it doesn't take away from the climax. It's entertaining, which is most important to me. And I thought the tree of time was really cool.

I contemplated putting Day of The Colossus in there as well. It's a good episode, but I think the reason I liked the Book 3 finale so much was due to how complete the two episodes felt together. I also left out Spirits' penultimate episode, while representing Beginnings as one episode.

I really liked Big Blue Korra. Even on rewatch I found the Jinora ex machina stupid as hell, but it doesn't take away from the climax. It's entertaining, which is most important to me. And I thought the tree of time was really cool.

I contemplated putting Day of The Colossus in there as well. It's a good episode, but I think the reason I liked the Book 3 finale so much was due to how complete the two episodes felt together. I also left out Spirits' penultimate episode, while representing Beginnings as one episode.
Well, the reason I point those out is because the episodes are technically separate, but they were aired together so I can understand counting them as one. I always count multi-parters as a single episode. That's why on my least favorites for ATLA, I count both of The Winter Solstice's parts even though the one I actually dislike is Part 1. That's just a nitpick for me when I see lists like this. It feels kinda unfair to do it for one as opposed to the other, but it's not my list.

I too love the ending of Book 2. So big and bombastic, I can't help but love it.

I wish they'd done more with lightning. Fuck, even lava gets cool fucking shuriken and discs. Lightning just gets....well, lightning. It's boring, is what I'm saying.

Sora_N

Yeah so I just finished this, the end part wasn't that surprising but I actually had to think about it for a second first lol. Guess there so many Korrasami hints, especially when she/they revealed the 'secret' letter thing lol.

Jesus, this thread is still going strong?

I'm proud of you guys. ;)

All hail The Legend of Korra!

I'm fueled by my desire to get Kuvira-senpai to notice me.

Also, Terra-7 on my dash talkin about let's celebrate Baavira week... She must be out her rabid mind. I love her artwork but damn, she on the wrong side of history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom