• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll be back to calling himself "Bataar Jr." right next to his mom. Kuvira gave that man a confidence boost.
<insert confidence boost innuendo here>
So he'll get with Kuvira again?
Tbh, that would indeed leave me legit shook. You'd have to possess mad game to convince someone you shot a giant laser at to get back with you.
Even your avi don't believe you.
It'll make the reveal even better.

This reminds me I need to remove his Christmas Hat at some point.

image.php

Even your avi don't believe you.
Legends-of-Korra-Season-4-Episode-12-13-Day-of-the-Colossus-The-Last-Stand.jpg

Kinvara

My list of worst A:TLA episodes:

The Great Divide
The Fortuneteller
The Headband
The Painted Lady
Nightmares and Daydreams

Ghazan and Bolin are lavabending. P'Li and Combustion Man are combustionbending. Kuvira is firing her spirit laser. Bataar Jr. is there because he helped build it (I guess).

I would assume the theme is "weird bending groups that aren't big enough to match the others so we'll just smash them together so people have to have conversations like this to figure it out."

Although they should have used Unalaq and Korra spiritbending instead of Kuvira (who's just metalbending) and Bataar Jr. (who isn't a bender). Would have fit the theme of weird bending pairs.

The title for that one was "Demolition Squad" ha.

Trey

"The Headband is one of the worst episodes in Avatar."

Nah. Sokka is probably at his funniest as Wang Fire. Getting to play dad is right in his wheelhouse, and the gags that result all hit. The beard being stuck to his face, his stand to attention when Aang tells him he enrolled in classes; all great stuff. (I really liked Katara's improvisation with Sapphire Fire.) Then you get a look into the life of a kid in the Fire Nation - all the joyless rigor these kids are put through. The indoctrination starts at an early age, and this stark setting allows Aang's vibrant personality to shine through strongly. His pure optimism and charisma cuts right through the imperialistic propaganda and reaches his FN peers on a fundamental level. Aang's spirit as a person transcends "enemy" lines, and directly leads to his wisdom later in the season that a person isn't born good or bad, and that the Fire Nation isn't inherently evil. It allows him to further understand his place as the Avatar and the nature of his duty.

Then you have the cute dance sequence which did more for Kataang than probably any specific instance focusing on their relationship. It wasn't in your face shipping that tLoK loved debasing itself to; it was genuine synergy that spoke a lot to how complementary the two were. They did something together that represented their feelings for each other, rather than merely saying as much.

The Headband is a great episode. All the characters are contributing to the episode in some form or fashion, and they're playing off each other well. Most importantly, we get to see the fundamental nature of who Aang is, all while he's immersed in what is supposed to be hostile territory. This subversion of what the Fire Nation is thought to represent is very well done. When I think about AtLA and what makes it so good, episodes like The Headband are what my mind goes to. The combination of humor, morals, and thematic expression is handled with deft skill and respect.

Who's saying The Headband is a bad episode? D=

I fucking loved that one.
I actually liked most of the show. My least favorite is the first half of Water, but even on my rewatch I'm not going to skip them. Earth and Fire are my favorite seasons and I'll stick a fork in anybody that doesn't think The Beach was a good episode. The Red Lotus and Kuvira needed a Beach like episode just so you can sit back and watch them be actual people. That episode gave you a really good window into what's digging beneath the surface of Zuko, Ty Lee, Mai and Azula.

Who's saying The Headband is a bad episode? D=

I fucking loved that one.

That's one of my favorite Book 3 episodes. You guys are trippin.

See, me and Toa can agree on something!!
Now let's hop on the S.S. Korvira and ride off in the sunset

I actually liked most of the show. My least favorite is the first half of Water, but even on my rewatch I'm not going to skip them. Earth and Fire are my favorite seasons and I'll stick a fork in anybody that doesn't think The Beach was a good episode. The Red Lotus and Kuvira needed a Beach like episode just so you can sit back and watch them be actual people. That episode gave you a really good window into what's digging beneath the surface of Zuko, Ty Lee, Mai and Azula.

All it served was me putting Tyzula into overdrive.

Yea... I'll just link the pic rather. I thought it was a cute picture with a "puppy love" kinda sense. But the pitchfork stuck in my spine says otherwise.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I've been checking out some more Owler. That girl has skills.

It's been awhile since I've seen her works. I'll give them a look! :D

Everyone's lesbian! Whooooo! Tumblr never ceases to amaze.

This girl literally was in the show for 2 minutes lmao.

Seriously! I am amazed and impressed.

==========

Caught up on the thread now, you guys with your Kuvira domination fantasies are killing me! XD

That and everything in that picture is pretty OP.
I mean, lavabending is pretty OP. Combustionbending not so much, but P'Li was. Combustion man couldn't firebend (as far as we know).
But she's the orgasm donor...
tumblr_njfjm2oC6L1texjnco1_1280.png
I'm sorry to anyone who may be offended, but everyone in that pic looks terrible.
My list of worst A:TLA episodes:

The Great Divide
The Fortuneteller
The Headband
The Painted Lady
Nightmares and Daydreams

The title for that one was "Demolition Squad" ha.
Makes sense.
She's with the superior air bending kid.
Seriously. I'd adopt the fuck out of Ikki.

Are we...are we doing top best and worst episodes lists? Oh. Oh I see. Lezdodis

*clear throat*
My Top 11 favorites (Because fuck you NC, I'll play your games)
The Drill
The Chase
Zuko Alone
The Blue Spirit
Lake Laogai
The Southern Air Temple
Jet
The Library
The Puppetmaster
The Southern Raiders
The Boiling Rock

My Top 11 Least Favorites (Because fuck you NC, I'll play your games AGAIN)
The Boy in the Iceberg
The Great Divide
The Northern Air Temple
The Painted Lady
The Runaway
The Winter Solstice (particularly Part 1: The Spirit World)
The Fortuneteller
The Deserter
The Avatar Returns
Imprisoned
The King of Omashu

I'll look through the TLoK episodes to see what my rankings would be there.

Trey

Nice list Bk. That's probably what the top and bottom of mine would look like if I made a list of the atla episodes from best to worst. with a few exceptions of course.

Voice in the Night
And the Winner Is...
When Extremes Meet
Beginnings
A New Spiritual Age
Light in the Dark
Metal Clan
A Terror Within
Enter the Void/Venom of the Red Lotus
The Calling
Operation: Beifong
The Last Stand

Lethe82

Banned
The Steel Mother
tumblr_nijj48rhfV1qjlauao7_1280.png

This is only a small sample of the comic, rest is linked below.
Still a better ending than what Mako got.

They only need a couple more lines of dialogue and he would have gotten a really good send off imo.

tumblr_njj10xf2U11r6btzgo1_1280.png

Korrasami morning warm-up piece. Reading each other’s letters long after they read them the first time.

http://denimcatfish.tumblr.com/post/110577273619/korrasami-morning-warm-up-piece-reading-each

I do wonder how many times they wrote one another back. Did Korra start writing back to Asami 1 year into her three year hiatus? I feel like the writters should have had Korra writing back sooner, and not had the length of time be three years... I mean damn, Asami must be the most patient and devoted person on the planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom