• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it's Activision, so if it made enough money, they'll go to nick. :p

Maybe. Activision doesn't exactly need that. They're pretty much a part of the Big 3 of third party publishers, with EA and UbiSoft.

Cuz lawd knows what Capcom, Sega, and Konami are fucking doing. Bandai Namco is busy making Shonen Jump and Pac-Man games. Oh, and Tekken 7.

Maybe. Activision doesn't exactly need that. They're pretty much a part of the Big 3 of third party publishers, with EA and UbiSoft.

Cuz lawd knows what Capcom, Sega, and Konami are fucking doing. Bandai Namco is busy making Shonen Jump and Pac-Man games. Oh, and Tekken 7.

Yeah, that's the thing. They don't need to revisit that deal, unless the game was exorbitantly profitable compared to what they had to put in.
So, I doubt it. :(

Capcom's doing a lot apparently. It's just a lot of online and/or F2P stuff. lol We just got MH4U and Revelations 2 is gonna hit in a bit. And that Attack on Titan project, whatever the heck it actually turns out to be. I bet that Arcade machine is gonna be nuts.

Sega, Konami...nah, I can't defend them. lol

Amon boss fight

In a eerie snowy tundra

You have to be stopped Amon!

You cannot stop the solution

Fight starts with this music playing

omg
If they're gonna put music in the vein of the show, I'd rather it be an original OST. Platinum always does these select things right:
-Gameplay
-Boss fights
-Music
-Over the top-ness

Amon's more of a, lemme think, Collective Consciousness kinda guy.

I'd be hype for that fight though. The way I look at it, I'd either want the game to either a) be an adaption of the entire series or b) take place after the series ends and be an original story. In that case, the only villains we'd fight would be Zaheer and Kuvira. Unless they somehow managed to bring Ghazan and/or Ming Hua back. They could always wing it and do a Dark Avatar type storyline and have you fight UnaVaatu in some way.

Still, I'd much rather have DLC for the current game at this point. Either more levels or playable characters. I'm not sure which is a more realistic desire at this point, though.

Daemul

DBZ should've ended after Cell.

Buu saga had some cool moments, but they're all so superficial that the arc sucked. "Oh Vegeta is evil? Guess not. Vegetas dead after sacrificing himself? Oh guess not, Buus still alive. Oh you can go SSJ3 and kill fat Buu? Too bad I'm Goku I put billions of lives in danger so other people have a chance to fight. Oh Gohan is now the most powerful fighter in the universe? Nope, get absorbed scrub"

Goku as the messiah and savior ruined DBZ

Due to the voiceover, I thought the series WAS going to end with the Cell Saga. The announcer being all, "Thank Goku for all that you gave, the Earth will miss you", with that series finale like music playing in the backgroud, it made feel like that was it for DBZ. It would have been the perfect ending, then the Buu Saga happened

Was he stronger than Goku SSJ3? Because he gets bodied right quick in Battle of the Gods.

Yep, Ultimate Gohan is stronger than SSJ3 Goku, and everyone got bodied in Battle of the Gods tbh, they were no match.

This Lyrics are the closest thing to a Kuvira song that I have found thus far for what I can imagine she was going through living in Zaofoo up to leaving.

Along with the changes to Zaheer that I mentioned earlier, your posts got me thinking about Kuvira and how she became unhinged; a poster (a while ago, maybe they can see this and link the post in question?) made a back story for Kuvira that involved the Dai li.

I think it would have been neat if we had actually seen the Dai li playing an advisory role and handling/helping to push Kuvira into the more unpleasant' logistical element (like labor camps etc). As the season goes on and things go more and more sideways we see them having greater influence over Kuvira's decisions. What started as great intentions giving way to desperate justifications, and we as the viewer even gets hints that they might be brain washing her.

"But that just takes away her agency and absolves her from the things she has done'" and that would be correct, until Kuvira wakes up in the spirit world disoriented (following Korra basically performing the single greatest feat in the history of Avatar let's be honest) only to have a Dha Li agent come to 'help her'. This is where it turns weird the discourse had been getting increasing familiar and assertive throughout the season, assertive obviously, now the agent is deeming her a failure, saying things like 'no wonder your parents abandoned you and Kuvira only kept you around as a decoration; it was a mistake to place the fate of Earth Empire in the hands of a nothing like you'.

Kuvira would be furious (and probably upset at her failure etc), lashing back, but we the viewer (and Korra) can see that there is no one else in the scene, only Kuvira arguing against nothingness.

Actually I'm not sure how I feel about this direction for her character, but I do like it more closely tying a parallel between Kuvira and Korra (mental illness). It shows how both of them (and people in general) need the help, support, and love of others around them.

Korra being unable to really accept help and running away for 3 years did more harm than good for her and likewise Kuvira bears deep scars from her childhood and then upbringing. It would rely somewhat on looping this all back around to the upbringing Kuvira had under Su, which seemed somewhat cruel from a certain reading and there being more of a nuanced shades-of-grey portrayal of Kuvira/Batarr Jr and Su. Even having Batarr Jr care for Kuvira deeply and there have been some history of depression or issues with Kuvira that Su never paid enough attention to would have helped and also added something to their relationship imo.

Instead Batarr Jr was smirking like an evil person from the moment he was reintroduced so the viewer could know who the 'bad guys' are, but I feel like the meat of the story is actually a lot more interesting than that. Especially with the kind of perspective you mentioned above.

No Korra/Kuvira shipping here, but I would have also liked it if in the end Korra had refused to turn Kuvira over to the authorities and instead tried to help her, or put her in place (or in the care of another... Zaheer?) that would attempt to help her work through her issues. It would have shown Korra's full maturation as the Avatar (working outside of the established order doing what she feels in best for the world and individuals), and fully stepping out of the 'shadow' of her teachers and mentors throughout the series (who would no doubt have objected, but I would like to think that Tazen would have accepted and even referred to her as 'Avatar Korra').

On the flip side this would make KorrAsami harder since KUVIRA KILLED ASAMI'S FATHER... not sure how I'd work around that one...

I'm trying to decide how half baked this whole concept is, I mean Kuvira was going nutso in season 4, having her cracking under the pressure and externalizing the responsibility for her actions (because she couldn't integrate what she wanted with what she felt she had no choice but to do to accomplish her goals for the greater good) would help reconcile some issues with her characterization.
Well the Dai Li would make sense because the whole labor camp thing doesn't even sound like an idea that went with her perssonality. Kuvira had the respect of the people for an actual reason and unlike with the Hitler regime it wasn't a type of "you either join the fuck up or die with the enemy" type deal either, people actually liked her.

If you're playing on the aspect of the Dai Li agent being a hallucination I think it would be effective it also turned out to be her mother or both parents, it would just morph from one figment to the other telling her that she's a failure and they were right to cast her aside, also having a mother hallucination would heavily give her that Azula breakdown vibe. Yeah Kuvira never really got over her childhood. A part of me thinks she was doing some of what she was doing just to get praise or acknowledgment of her actual existence. Su treated her like just some other person, never even said her name until the last ep of season 3 and we never saw them just chatting about random stuff, like how her life was and other stuff. Kuvira most likely was never even allowed to eat with the family and for all we know if she did it was never at the family table, probably ate separately like she was their pet.

The family itself probably did like her I would like to think, just Su was the one that never really treated her like she meant anything. I don't even think Kuvira hates Su either, never attacked her or her family...trust me, she had reason to, but never really did. If you're going to lock a family up you usually lock them up separately to fuck up their morale, but she had them locked up together so they could support each other. You don't do that with a matriarch that tried to assassinate you in your fucking pajamas.

I could believe that Kuvira was losing her mind towards the end easily, in the last two eps she was way more expressive than usual especially as she saw everything she was working towards was crumbling around her. Personally I wanted them to show more of Kuvira when she wasn't wearing the "Great Uniter" mask. She strikes me as actually having emotions and an actual moral code. You never saw her really question or contemplate the ramifications of what she was doing or go to somebody for advice. You always saw Bataar ask her for advice, but never vice versa or have her go "what would Su do" and have a flashback of something they used to talk about. It was always "my way is the right way" pretty much.

I definitely that there is an actual connection between Korra and Kuvira, which is something I wished they played up more. I've stated that Kuvira should've been added to Team Avatar during season 3 when Su had them chase after Aiwei. That would've been the perfect opportunity. Through that you could have Kuvira discuss being an Orphan with Mako and Bolin and you could've had her spar with Korra and Asami during to have them bond. Personally I think Kuvira would've been chill as fuck with those guys and would've gave the Krew in general a really good character for them to relate to, but that never happened. Would've given her turn more of a personal stake and it actually would've hurt the audience a little bit as well.

There's a lot more that they didn't show with the Suyin and Kuvira relationship. Kuvira didn't "need" Zaofu, she wanted it. She wanted to take something that Su worked her life towards and nurtured and cram it right up her fucking ass. Kuvira taking Zaofu was her "notice me bitch!!" move. Kuvira probably actually did think of her as her mother at one point, but as she grew up she just noticed that that's a relationship that was never going to pan out the way she wanted and I think Suyin going "no I'm not going to help the Earth Kingdom" was just a final straw for her. Kuvira wanted to help out, but since Su probably just never stopped viewing Kuvira as "that orphan" and didn't want her to live her own life, it wasn't following the "map" Suyin laid out for her. She took offense that she wanted to do something the help and be an adult so she banished her, just like her parents did.

I always wanted Kuvira to truly lash out at Su, especially when Su tried to fucking kill her. That would've shown so many sides to that actual relationship and to what really goes on in her head.

Yep, Ultimate Gohan is stronger than SSJ3 Goku, and everyone got bodied in Battle of the Gods tbh, they were no match.
Still can't believe the world almost got ended over a fucking cup of pudding. Just shows you can't give foodies too much power. Only other person to hit Bearus was Vegeta after his "you smacked my bitch up" power up.

360pages

Was he stronger than Goku SSJ3? Because he gets bodied right quick in Battle of the Gods.

"I suppose my right arm will do" will always be one of the greatest moments I've ever seen. That, and "A mulberry is a tree, Kuwabara is a man."

Book 2 looks phenomenal on Blu-ray.

I understand. I just really did not want another canon debate to start.

He was supposed to be, but he stopped training, while both Goku and Vegeta continue.

People forget SSJ forms are multipliers of your base power. As a result even Vegeta at SSJ2 can be stronger than Gohan if Gohan just stops training completely (Which he did after the Buu Saga)

He was supposed to be, but he stopped training, while both Goku and Vegeta continue.

People forget SSJ forms are multipliers of your base power. As a result even Vegeta at SSJ2 can be stronger than Gohan if Gohan just stops training completely (Which he did after the Buu Saga)
You would think Gohan would at least train with Goten and Trunks, but I guess not. Who trained Pan then?

So then, what was Ultimate Gohan, then? I just plain don't remember the details of Ultimate Gohan.

Have Collective Conciousness play in the battle right before (as you fight her robot) and thus the perfect endgame.
107211-Arnold-Schwarzenegger-biceps-h-DXwa.gif

Beginning of the series Satsuki would indeed stomp on you and call you a pig. End of show Satsuki would drink tea with you. That right there is proper Satsuki though, she's quite sexy. Still can't believe Mako thought Ryuko had bigger boobs than Satsuki.

Exactly, just because Ryuko got the life fiber infused body between the two, doesn't mean her boobs are bigger. Besides, people named Mako tend to be blind to obvious things... but this Mako actually got the girl.

If they're gonna put music in the vein of the show, I'd rather it be an original OST. Platinum always does these select things right:
-Gameplay
-Boss fights
-Music
-Over the top-ness

Amon's more of a, lemme think, Collective Consciousness kinda guy.

I'd be hype for that fight though. The way I look at it, I'd either want the game to either a) be an adaption of the entire series or b) take place after the series ends and be an original story. In that case, the only villains we'd fight would be Zaheer and Kuvira. Unless they somehow managed to bring Ghazan and/or Ming Hua back. They could always wing it and do a Dark Avatar type storyline and have you fight UnaVaatu in some way.

Still, I'd much rather have DLC for the current game at this point. Either more levels or playable characters. I'm not sure which is a more realistic desire at this point, though.

Yeah I'd like them to go the route of doing a story that takes place after the 4 seasons of LoK. And Korra's voice actor needs to not be terrible this time.

Exactly, just because Ryuko got the life fiber infused body between the two, doesn't mean her boobs are bigger. Besides, people named Mako tend to be blind to obvious things... but this Mako actually got the girl.
That and unlike Ryuko Satsuki acted like a woman. She was a proper tea drinking bad ass, didn't let anything get in her way, nor did she lose her way. Satsuki didn't need a Mako to keep her ass on track, granted her friends kept her from fucking up and getting killed as well. They meant a lot to each other, which the viewer wouldn't have realized from the first I guess 5 episodes. Now that I think about it Nonon was probably Satsuki's Mako.

They look like they're having so much fun together, I love the push up contest one and her trying to act like Kuvira. Kuvira's riding the fuck out of that penguin otter. Look at Su acting like she doesn't want to join in.

All of Nikkipet's drawings convinced me that the wrong ship was canon at the end. I shall ride this ship until the end of time!

All of Nikkipet's drawings convinced me that the wrong ship was canon at the end. I shall ride this ship until the end of time!
Gonna ride it like Kuvira rides a penguin otter. I think that ship goes well for both characters because they can actually feed into each other's competitive side. Asami isn't a girly girl, but I can't see her rocking up to a push up contest and enjoying it. Nikkipet also does a good job of portraying that playful side of Kuvira that we know she has, but they opted to hide it. God I love the look on that penguin otters face, he's scared shitless.

LOL at Suyin doing the sassy Lin pose.

Man Kuvira being in team avatar would have been AWESOME (not for shipping purposes though)
I've said that on so many different occasions. Su should've been the final villain, not Kuvira. They need Kuvira's aid to bring down the tyrannical Suyin and Lin can't wait to help kick the shit out of her. "I've been waiting my entire adult life to break her teeth!!"

At least, it would've been a better way to introduce the character, even if her involvement may have only been a couple of episodes. Could've even worked in some of her questionable morality, so when that ominous music starts playing playing it would make sense.

At least, it would've been a better way to introduce the character, even if her involvement may have only been a couple of episodes. Could've even worked in some of her questionable morality, so when that ominous music starts playing playing it would make sense.
She's got so much in common with most of the krew it's not even funny, with the exception of Asami...hell her too, both have parent problems.

I would want her to be introduced as a shifty character beforehand though instead of being introduced as a good guy.
I always thought it would be interesting for her and the krew to see some bandits looting some family, they break it up and while doing so Kuvira goes a bit too far and damn near kills one of them. She doesn't think it's wrong, but because of her extreme version of justice she justifies it by saying, "the only way to keep people like this from committing a crime is to keep people like this from breathing." or some shit like that. It shows she has a moral code, but it shows she is really extreme with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-rj8HVW3PQ

I've come here from nowhere
Across the unforgiving sea
Drifting further and further
It's all becoming clear to me

But violent winds are upon us and I can't sleep
Internal temperatures rising
And all the voices won't recede

I've finally found what I was looking for
A place where I can be without remorse
Because I am a stranger who has found
An even stranger war
I've finally found what I was looking for

Here I come

La chaleur me dérange
Mais c'est le grincement du bateau qui m'a réveillé

I sharpen the knife
And look down upon the bay
For all of my life
A stranger I remain
A stranger I remain
A stranger I remain

:p

I feel that A Stranger I Remain would work better as Azula's theme song than Kuvira's.

I mean, there is: 1. References to Madness and hearing voices, 2. Only feeling normal when on the battlefield (if The Beach showed us anything, it's that this is true of Azula), and 3. References to hot temperatures (blue fire).

I always thought it would be interesting for her and the krew to see some bandits looting some family, they break it up and while doing so Kuvira goes a bit too far and damn near kills one of them. She doesn't think it's wrong, but because of her extreme version of justice she justifies it by saying, "the only way to keep people like this from committing a crime is to keep people like this from breathing." or some shit like that. It shows she has a moral code, but it shows she is really extreme with it.

I like that idea. I always imagined that they'd be in a situation where Korra is in a direct conflict with her cause I'd want to see a fight between them and the development would be more interesting

I like that idea. I always imagined that they'd be in a situation where Korra is in a direct conflict with her cause I'd want to see a fight between them and the development would be more interesting
Well they're both pretty headstrong people. It's pretty much either one of them capitulates or an argument happens. I would imagine over time they'd be able to work around it, but intially it would be weird. Pretty much they'd be like Hiei and Yusuke...or Hiei and Kuwubara, but fuck those two hate each other. Now if they developed a Hiei and Kurama like relationship then that would be funny as fuck.

If they did the show proper I'd watch it. There was a lot of potential in her story. I wouldn't mind seeing the ascension of a broke as fuck character in the Avatar universe. Korra was part of the 1%.

As long as it ends the same way as Korra....
with Korra
then I'm fine. Props to whoever modified Terra-7's art to fit... my tastes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom