• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.
lawd jesus whatever Owler is drawing on her stream right now

dzsa7KL.png

Damn what's going on here is a tragedy, worse than what happened to the naruto thread. Whereas over there everyone was cutthroat about their ships and debating them to no end, all I see here is ships on ships on ships. Ships that don't make sense, ships that would never be canon, ships that are being shipped for the sake of shipping.

With that said enjoy yourselves KorraGAF I hope one day there will be another Avatar series, hopefully not on Nick because of how they treated this one.

You're a tragedy.

There.

I said it.

tumblr_mwafm4kwl51rkvzuno1_500.gif

Man, I always miss her streams. When does she usually do them?

It's still going, she just paused right now. I follow her on tumblr so I usually catch the stream link on my dash when she does it. If it's still up she's still doing it since she usually deletes the link when she stops.

Daemul

It's still going, she just paused right now. I follow her on tumblr so I usually catch the stream link on my dash when she does it. If it's still up she's still doing it since she usually deletes the link when she stops.

Ah cool, I'll try and check it out then.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Damn what's going on here is a tragedy, worse than what happened to the naruto thread. Whereas over there everyone was cutthroat about their ships and debating them to no end, all I see here is ships on ships on ships. Ships that don't make sense, ships that would never be canon, ships that are being shipped for the sake of shipping.

With that said enjoy yourselves KorraGAF I hope one day there will be another Avatar series, hopefully not on Nick because of how they treated this one.
Avataegaf has surpassed Naruto had in shipping prowess

Lethe82

Banned
We all know that there is only one true ship anyway

kdJ8837.png

Korra looks like she can military press Asami.

KorraLifts.gif

Korra_thanks_Tenzin.png

tumblr_inline_nir614yCKE1spg4o9.jpg

Sounds about right. Korra spent her entire upbringing years training and basically owning face at the physical and bending elements of being the Avatar, she is insanely strong.

And I just want to reiterate again who absurdly impressive her bending was at the end of the series, that being when she air bended a bubble to protect her and Kuvira from the cannon that was drawing on the entire spirit forest for energy, and then energy bended the beam to nullify it and redirected the resulting equivalent of a nuclear explosion to create a new spirit portal.

Like, damn girl, slow down.

If I saw that sight in the park everyday, I would eventually just bunk up there to get a better look.

lol... I know right, just posted up on the park bench for no damn reason.

Baatar jr better get his ass jailed as well.

That's what I'm also trying to figure out, I know they better have thrown his punk ass under the damn jail also. I swear if Su fell for his "my fiance shot me with a spirit cannon and I have nothing" routine, she's is crazier than I thought... and it pretty much verifies everything I've been saying about him.

lol... I know right, just posted up on the park bench for no damn reason.

That's what I'm also trying to figure out, I know they better have thrown his punk ass under the damn jail also. I swear if Su fell for his "my fiance shot me with a spirit cannon and I have nothing" routine, she's is crazier than I thought... and it pretty much verifies everything I've been saying about him.
Su will make sure his boy isn't held accountable, this is Su we're talking about. She'll be like, "well where would I be now if I was actually thrown in prison like I should've been? There'd be no Zaofu, or Bataar for that matter or Kuvira...yeah Kuvira's to blame, execute that bitch she brainwashed my baby and tried to take my Zaofu!!" and all that shit. Kuv really should've just blitzkrieged the shit out of Zaofu. "Su you now reign over a pile of rubble!"
She needs a proper Magneto moment, so many good ones to choose from.
"Stadium Levitation"

Lethe82

Banned
Su will make sure his boy isn't held accountable, this is Su we're talking about. She'll be like, "well where would I be now if I was actually thrown in prison like I should've been? There'd be no Zaofu, or Bataar for that matter or Kuvira...yeah Kuvira's to blame, execute that bitch she brainwashed my baby and tried to take my Zaofu!!" and all that shit. Kuv really should've just blitzkrieged the shit out of Zaofu. "Su you now reign over a pile of rubble!"

Another thing I would have liked Korra to do is basically stripped Su of her ownership/authority of Zaofuu, and been like

"Tough shit Su, your selfishness and ambivalence to the suffering of others is partly to blame for everything that has happened. Kuvira's methods may have been too extreme, but she wasn't wrong about Zoafuu needing to open up to the rest of the Earth Kingdom and sharing it's advancements and helping to improve the lives of millions. You've shown that you only care about yourself and those closest to you, and those are not the qualities of someone who is fit to lead."

The-Legend-of-Korra-Episode-5-The-Spirit-of-Competition-09-2012-05-05.jpg

"I'm the Avatar, you gotta deal with it"

I mean look at this place and compare it to other areas of the Earth Kingdom we have seen (or even the outer and middle rings of the Capital), it's freaking Minas Tirith in its prime.

latest

Daemul

Su will get away with murder again, and so will Baatar, that woman always get her way somehow. Now wonder Lin hated her so much.

Another thing I would have liked Korra to do is basically stripped Su of her ownership/authority of Zaofuu, and been like

"Tough shit Su, your selfishness and ambivalence to the suffering of others is partly to blame for everything that has happened. Kuvira's methods may have been too extreme, but she wasn't wrong about Zoafuu needing to open up to the rest of the Earth Kingdom, sharing it's advancements and helping to improve the lives of millions. You've shown that you only care about yourself and those closest to you, and those are not the qualities of someone who is fit to lead."

The-Legend-of-Korra-Episode-5-The-Spirit-of-Competition-09-2012-05-05.jpg

"I'm the Avatar, you gotta deal with it"
She should've thrown Su and Kuvira on a council with a couple of other people to help keep that place in check along with the rest of the Earth Empire. Kuvira had the right idea, but she needed some people there to help balance the dynamic out. Too many extremes don't bring balance. If need be Korra could be there to Aquaman slap some sense into the both of them.

Lethe82

Banned
She should've thrown Su and Kuvira on a council with a couple of other people to help keep that place in check along with the rest of the Earth Empire. Kuvira had the right idea, but she needed some people there to help balance the dynamic out. Too many extremes don't bring balance. If need be Korra could be there to Aquaman slap some sense into the both of them.

Yeah I was thinking of some sort of council of representatives but I got side tracked with my rant against Su and forgot to include it in the post (who can blame me, I mean really). Force Su to have to help people and act as a bulwark against Kuvira's more extreme tendencies with other members to moderate and limit the overall influence of the two as a whole.

Boom Balance.

And people wonder why Lin didn't talk to her for three decades. "Look at me!! I'm Su, I'm just going to run with the triads, have my mommy protect me, run away and live in my perfect metal wonderland and not give a shit about others!!" Ugh.

edit- lawd, Owler done posted that art on her page.

Iahfy put up some new Korrasami art as well.

Yeah I was thinking of some sort of council of representatives but I got side tracked with my rant against Su and forgot to include it in the post (who can blame me, I mean really). Force Su to have to help people and act as a bulwark against Kuvira's more extreme tendencies with other members to moderate and limit the overall influence of the two as a whole.

Boom Balance.
Exactly. Kuvira wasn't really in the wrong, but the extremes she took were in the wrong. Neither was Su, but they're extremes on two opposite ends of the spectrum. If you can put them together and get enough people in the mix to force them to compromise and I would think the place to could governed fairly well. She went crazy, not stupid and probably only did some of the shit she did because she wanted to ram her success up Suyin's ass sideways.
And people wonder why Lin didn't talk to her for three decades. "Look at me!! I'm Su, I'm just going to run with the triads, have my mommy protect me, run away and live in my perfect metal wonderland and not give a shit about others!!" Ugh.
She really was the secret villain of that show. If Toph raised her right and allowed Lin to chuck her ass in prison so she could learn something like Lin wanted maybe she would be a little more selfless as a person. I'm still shocked Kuv didn't just flat out chuck a brick at the woman's head on sight when she came back. Still should've had her tortured for the assassination attempt. "Try to kill me in the middle of the night while I'm in my fucking pajamas! Do you know how much shit I did for you! Fuck you Su I'm gonna have your fingernails yanked out!"

Lethe82

Banned
If we do get Korra comics, I do hope that (what I can only assume to be) the relatively large backlash/commentary on Su has the writers somewhat rethink how she is viewed in any continuations.

She really was the secret villain of that show. If Toph raised her right and allowed Lin to chuck her ass in prison so she could learn something like Lin wanted maybe she would be a little more selfless as a person. I'm still shocked Kuv didn't just flat out chuck a brick at the woman's head on sight when she came back. Still should've had her tortured for the assassination attempt. "Try to kill me in the middle of the night while I'm in my fucking pajamas! Do you know how much shit I did for you! Fuck you Su I'm gonna have your fingernails yanked out!"

That's the shit that kills me too. They actually took the time to plot out how to kidnap Bataar Jr... but attempts to assassinate Kuvira, like she still doesn't have an army planted outside your city ready to lay waste to it should something happen. That was just pure stupid on Su's part.

I'm still going with my head canon that Su should've turned out the true villain in Book 4. Have Kuvira stabilize the Earth Kingdom, then Su unveils her true plans for Earth Kingdom unification.... exiles Kuvira who then joins Team Avatar to take her down.

If we do get Korra comics, I do hope that (what I can only assume to be) the relatively large backlash/commentary on Su has the writers somewhat rethink how she is viewed in any continuations.
That's so true. She's very self centered and they better give Lin another chance to fight Su and Lin better wipe the fucking floor with her. I get that Lin shouldn't have been so bitter, but she had her reasons. And then to have Su flaunt her life in front of her and then just straight blast Lin for Tenzin leaving her was fucked up. Should've dropped a god damn mountain on her for that.
That's the shit that kills me too. They actually took the time to plot out how to kidnap Bataar Jr... but attempts to assassinate Kuvira, like she still doesn't have an army planted outside your city ready to lay waste to it should something happen. That was just pure stupid on Su's part.

I'm still going with my head canon that Su should've turned out the true villain in Book 4. Have Kuvira stabilize the Earth Kingdom, then Su unveils her true plans for Earth Kingdom unification.... exiles Kuvira who then joins Team Avatar to take her down.
That would've been so good. Kuvira and Korra join forces to curbstomp the shit out of Su, but not before they have a moment to talk and chill out and we discover a nice bond between Korra and Kuvira. Kuvira beats up Su though.
tumblr_n9a645JX891r2swomo6_r1_500.gif

tumblr_n9al94ApCY1qhvucpo2_500.gif

Very beautiful indeed.
Even more special when you're on the receiving end, but I digress. Can't lead this thread down that path, lol

that's why it's called a "head canon" :) All I'm doing is swapping out Kuvira and Su.
Su just seemed like more of a believable villain. Her doing it for a reason that would solely benefit her goes with her character a lot better than Kuvira. Su's been breaking the law since she was a teen. We have no idea about Kuvira, but she seems more of the chaotic lawful type.

Su just seemed like more of a believable villain. Her doing it for a reason that would solely benefit her goes with her character a lot better than Kuvira. Su's been breaking the law since she was a teen. We have no idea about Kuvira, but she seems more of the chaotic lawful type.

Su was basically a Bioshock villain, pseduo-libertarian and a ubermensch who follows her own values in contrast to those of common society. Creating a selfish character that is both despised and admired in a world that still clings to old values. By creating a functioning bubble civilization[Zaofu] within it that old construct. She has transferred from criminal to the new standard of citizen that absolves her "faults/wrongs" from old society into virtues in her new one.

We know nothing about Kuvira besides the fact she was abandoned when she was 8, same reason we don't know shit about Team Z, but we somehow managed to get a back story on Unalaq, smh.

Anyhow, Kuvira can easily stop the conflict by using my favorite method

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom