• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I'd like them to go the route of doing a story that takes place after the 4 seasons of LoK. And Korra's voice actor needs to not be terrible this time.

I didn't think Varney was that bad. On Talkin Toons she stated she really enjoyed the game, but the way she sounded was due to things like time constraints and the fact that she found working on the game to be a lot more strenuous than working on the series. She said she'd really love to do a lot more voice acting for video games in the future.

So I picked up the newly released hardcover library edition of The Rift today. Some of these designs are just better than the ones in the show. Toph especially.
tumblr_n24dx7T1w01qfneiyo4_r1_1280.png

She's the only one that knows of proper satomobile rules. Since Zaheer was all about bringing down the establishment he didn't give a shit.

I'm just trying to figure out who administered her driving test.

"Uhh.... ma'am, you have no arms"

"Just fill up a bucket of water and throw it on me"

"Uhh... k"

360pages

I didn't think Varney was that bad. On Talkin Toons she stated she really enjoyed the game, but the way she sounded was due to things like time constraints and the fact that she found working on the game to be a lot more strenuous than working on the series. She said she'd really love to do a lot more voice acting for video games in the future.

So I picked up the newly released hardcover library edition of The Rift today. Some of these designs are just better than the ones in the show. Toph especially.
tumblr_n24dx7T1w01qfneiyo4_r1_1280.png

They are taller, which make sense since the that comic I think takes place about 2 years after the end of the series.

They are taller, which make sense since the that comic I think takes place about 2 years after the end of the series.

The Promise takes place one year after, but then after all that time passes during that book, plus the time spent searching for Ursa, probably adds up to about two years by this point. The Rift takes place immediately after The Search. Or so it seems.

Jumped into The Unfinished Swan on vita blindly. Didn't know what it was about or what the gameplay was like. I only knew there was a lot of black and white. Very pleasant surprise.

No.

Chalk up another reason up why we need a Team Z spin off.
Them and Kuvira definitely need their own mini series. They're not OP like the avatar, but they are very interesting people. Since Ming was born with no arms it would be nice to see how she learned how to water bend and adapt her life around it. She's probably the most acrobatic water bender of the franchise. I kind of thought she learned how to do it by keeping a fluidic kind of movement using her torso and the rest of her body.

Them and Kuvira definitely need their own mini series. They're not OP like the avatar, but they are very interesting people. Since Ming was born with no arms it would be nice to see how she learned how to water bend and adapt her life around it. She's probably the most acrobatic water bender of the franchise. I kind of thought she learned how to do it by keeping a fluidic kind of movement using her torso and the rest of her body.

Ugh... if this was a long running shonen anime we would've found out everything down to what type of food they like.

I found the #1 worst tumblr page ever.... I just put it on ignore.

The one ship where the swag and sex appeal comes from only one person. Sure hope Terra gets on another ship.

That bed's not big enough for you Bataar, go sleep next to Pabu or something.

Eh, he probably slept on the floor next to Kuvira's bed/post during the whole time they were together anyways. Very little change in stations, except that he's actually sleeping with a better, Pabu.

Hmm, thought Terra-7 was the only one really pushing that ship.

She's the captain of the ship by far, but there are.... others unfortunately.

The one ship where the swag and sex appeal comes from only one person. Sure hope Terra gets on another ship.

That bed's not big enough for you Bataar, go sleep next to Pabu or something.

I will be on the ship that Nikkipet is the captain of, with Rin-trash, whatabeautifulkuv, sleepysenshi and others serving as officers. Terra-7's art is good, but that ship has to go down!

*goes all over tumblr to recruit artists for the great 2015 Kuvira Shipping War* whoever wins, Toa loses.

She's the captain of the ship by far, but there are.... others unfortunately.

I will be on the ship that Nikkipet is the captain of, with Rin-trash, whatabeautifulkuv, sleepysenshi and others serving as officers. Terra-7's art is good, but that ship has to go down!

*goes all over tumblr to recruit artists for the great 2015 Kuvira Shipping War* whoever wins, Toa loses.
That's because it's the best ship along with Suvira:
tumblr_nivvizjs1g1tgl1qro2_400.gif

That's because it's the best ship along with Suvira:

tumblr_nivvizjs1g1tgl1qro2_400.gif

that is a great ship and I will quote this picture again

I thought of it (though the dialogue was actually SDBurton's idea), Rin-trash drew it, and I'm a little happy that a few people hopped on the Suvira ship because of it *sniffs* I'm just guiding these little lost Baavira souls to the light. There's always room on the ship Toa.

that is a great ship and I will quote this picture again

I thought of it (though the dialogue was actually SDBurton's idea), Rin-trash drew it, and I'm a little happy that a few people hopped on the Suvira ship because of it *sniffs* I'm just guiding these little lost Baavira souls to the light. There's always room on the ship Toa.
I swear Kuvira has been shipped with every legal aged woman except for Asami by herself and Pema...wait I haven seen her with Izumi or Kya yet, but those two are paired up with Lin now.

"I always get what I want"

Such a strange line, especially since they tried to push the "abandoned child" reasoning for her there at the end. That line, and others, just made her seem like eeeeevvvil earth Hitler.

So then, what was Ultimate Gohan, then? I just plain don't remember the details of Ultimate Gohan.

107211-Arnold-Schwarzenegger-biceps-h-DXwa.gif

Ultimate Gohan, or Mystic Gohan, is basically Gohan with all his potential unlocked. So every ounce of his power there without any transformations. He's supposed to be the strongest character in DBZ as a result, but I think Toriyama forgot about that.

Also Goku needs to save the world.

I swear Kuvira has been shipped with every legal aged woman except for Asami by herself and Pema...wait I haven seen her with Izumi or Kya yet, but those two are paired up with Lin now.

She has, but she's still not the most shipped person in the fandom. That record undoubtedly belongs to Lin Beifong.

I highly doubt Aquaman cared, still laid down that pimp hand.
Aquaman: Put his family in danger, he will cut off his damn hand to save them. And then bitch slap you with the other.
Ultimate Gohan, or Mystic Gohan, is basically Gohan with all his potential unlocked. So every ounce of his power there without any transformations. He's supposed to be the strongest character in DBZ as a result, but I think Toriyama forgot about that.

Also Goku needs to save the world.

That's what I thought. Fucking Toriyama. And no, Goku doesn't need to save the world. I would have supported the Buu saga if it had focused more on Gohan as Goku's successor, and Vegeta as the sole member of the pure Saiyan race. Now Vegeta has to figure out what to do, since his major motivation was beating the shit out of Goku. Plus, focusing more on Piccolo (always a good thing), Krillin, and others would have been cool. Give everyone a greater chance in the spotlight.

It irks me when a series introduces characters and doesn't really do anything with them. I'm fine with characters serving a singular purpose and then becoming irrelevant, fine, but with the Z Fighters, these guys are supposed to be Goku's support. Goku's team. His fellow warriors, and they can barely (I mean barely) hold their own, if they can at all. I'd be fine with Goku being stronger and fighting the stronger opponents, that's fine and dandy. It's a tale about Goku, he should be strong, but for fuck's sake make the other characters relevant and useful. Don't just make them batteries. Such a waste.

That's what I thought. Fucking Toriyama. And no, Goku doesn't need to save the world. I would have supported the Buu saga if it had focused more on Gohan as Goku's successor, and Vegeta as the sole member of the pure Saiyan race. Now Vegeta has to figure out what to do, since his major motivation was beating the shit out of Goku. Plus, focusing more on Piccolo (always a good thing), Krillin, and others would have been cool. Give everyone a greater chance in the spotlight.

It irks me when a series introduces characters and doesn't really do anything with them. I'm fine with characters serving a singular purpose and then becoming irrelevant, fine, but with the Z Fighters, these guys are supposed to be Goku's support. Goku's team. His fellow warriors, and they can barely (I mean barely) hold their own, if they can at all. I'd be fine with Goku being stronger and fighting the stronger opponents, that's fine and dandy. It's a tale about Goku, he should be strong, but for fuck's sake make the other characters relevant and useful. Don't just make them batteries. Such a waste.

He even went back on that Mystic/Ultimate stuff since Gohan could go Super Saiyan again later on (even in Battle of Gods for the people who want to go for actual canon aka ignore GT and the earlier movies :p)

IIRC apparently the readers didn't care about Gohan as the main character so Goku had to come back in the story (the Cell saga was basically a "passing of the torch" moment with how it was played out). They supposedly made Goten as some alternative rather than having Goku back (which might explain we he fucking looks exactly like him) but that also didn't work.

Gotta keep the books selling (at that point in time) i guess *shrug*

IIRC apparently the readers didn't care about Gohan as the main character so Goku had to come back in the story (the Cell saga was basically a "passing of the torch" moment with how it was played out). They supposedly made Goten as some alternative rather than having Goku back (which might explain we he fucking looks exactly like him) but that also didn't work.

Gotta keep the books selling (at that point in time) i guess *shrug*

Fucking publishers. At the same time, Katekyo Hitman Reborn started out as a gag manga. Then Shonen Jump basically went to the creator and told her "Your series is not doing well. We'll cancel it unless you switch it up." She then changed it to a battle series, and it was all the better for it (I quite enjoy that series).

Point being, sometimes publisher involvement can be a good thing. In the case of DBZ though, eeeeehhhh.

FZZ

Banned
Damn what's going on here is a tragedy, worse than what happened to the naruto thread. Whereas over there everyone was cutthroat about their ships and debating them to no end, all I see here is ships on ships on ships. Ships that don't make sense, ships that would never be canon, ships that are being shipped for the sake of shipping.

With that said enjoy yourselves KorraGAF I hope one day there will be another Avatar series, hopefully not on Nick because of how they treated this one.

Daemul

Damn what's going on here is a tragedy, worse than what happened to the naruto thread. Whereas over there everyone was cutthroat about their ships and debating them to no end, all I see here is ships on ships on ships. Ships that don't make sense, ships that would never be canon, ships that are being shipped for the sake of shipping.

With that said enjoy yourselves KorraGAF I hope one day there will be another Avatar series, hopefully not on Nick because of how they treated this one.

Nah, it's not us shipping all these characters, its Tumbler, we're just having a good laugh at absurdity of most of them, well, I am anyway.

Korrasami is the one true ship.

xzibit_yo_dawg_render_by_kernelpanicx-d5aa710.png

Yo dawg, I heard you like ships, so I'm gonna put a ship on your ship so you can ship while you ship.

Yo dawg, I heard you like ships, so I'm gonna put a ship on your ship so you can ship while you ship.

Nothing wrong with that, errbody gon get shipped while I'm here. Except Mako... and Baatar Jr.

Damn, I just noticed who I never really shipped... Asami. Tumblr seems to agree also, she just ends up with Korra and that's it. There's no fun in that xD

360pages

To be fair, even the Naruto thread have more interesting things to talk. Between the new game and anime filler with hints of part 3 shorts.

Hamlet

Nothing wrong with that, errbody gon get shipped while I'm here. Except Mako... and Baatar Jr.

Damn, I just noticed who I never really shipped... Asami. Tumblr seems to agree also, she just ends up with Korra and that's it. There's no fun in that xD

Bosami had a decent following during books 1 & 2. Same with Asami and Iroh jr once those alternate storylines came out.

To be fair, even the Naruto thread have more interesting things to talk. Between the new game and anime filler with hints of part 3 shorts.
Naruto makes money so it's never going to truly die, Korra can't exactly say the same thing.

I can imagine Kuvsami being damn near impossible with Kuvira crushing her dad like a mosquito.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom