• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.
We know nothing about Kuvira besides the fact she was abandoned when she was 8, same reason we don't know shit about Team Z, but we somehow managed to get a back story on Unalaq, smh.

Anyhow, Kuvira can easily stop the conflict by using my favorite method
Worst character got the back story. Unalaq would've been an evil douche bag that wanted a giant tentacled spirit vine monster inside of him with or without the fucking back story.

Daemul

She used to...then she got busted by her parents (I think) and hasn't done stuff that lewd since

Ah yes, them young female artists getting busted by their parents for their lewd drawings, a common tale, one I heard a lot back in High School lol

It's amazing how often this happens, some douche always rats them out.

Ah yes, them young female artists getting busted by their parents for their lewd drawings, a common tale, one I heard a lot back in High School lol

It's amazing how often this happens, some douche always rats them out.
Where were these chicks while I was in high school? Makes me wish I had met one of those weird Japanese women that secretly had fantasies of Jotaro Kujo spitting on them.

Worst character got the back story. Unalaq would've been an evil douche bag that wanted a giant tentacled spirit vine monster inside of him with or without the fucking back story.

Exactly, he could've just been a crazy dude that wanted to absorb Vatu and send the world into chaos. Wouldn't have made Book 2 better or worse. Kuvira and the Red Lotus should've got the same treatment Amon (and Tarrlok) and Unalaq got. I want to see how Zaheer freed P'Li from that Warlord and how they came to meet Ming and Ghazan. I want to know who Kuvira's parents are, why they gave her up, and how Su came to find her... hell, Su still doesn't have a dad!!! lol

Daemul

Where were these chicks while I was in high school? Makes me wish I had met one of those weird Japanese women that secretly had fantasies of Jotaro Kujo spitting on them.

It was the art department girls, I hung about with them a lot due to my mate dating one of them, so I got to have a look at what they were drawing in their free time, it was Owler level stuff. If Tumblr was as big then as it is now, they would have been on there for sure.

Exactly, he could've just been a crazy dude that wanted to absorb Vatu and send the world into chaos. Wouldn't have made Book 2 better or worse. Kuvira and the Red Lotus should've got the same treatment Amon (and Tarrlok) and Unalaq got. I want to see how Zaheer freed P'Li from that Warlord and how they came to meet Ming and Ghazan. I want to know who Kuvira's parents are, why they gave her up, and how Su came to find her... hell, Su still doesn't have a dad!!! lol
Dude's name is probably Johto or Hoenn, you know he's a damn Pokemon region. Yeah Kuvira and and the Red Lotus really needed the extra development especially they're actually very well liked characters. There's just so many unanswered questions about those two. We don't even know if Kuvira was an only child. She was given up at 8 or something so if she actually had siblings and was forced to abandon then it would help to explain why Kuvira never really seemed that attached to Bataar. If she's too afraid to actually care about or too afraid to make human attachments it would make her a pretty sympathetic character.
It was the art department girls, I hung about with them a lot due to my mate dating one of them, so I got to have a look at what they were drawing in their free time, it was Owler level stuff. If Tumblr was as big then as it is now, they would have been on there for sure.
Man makes me wish I knew some while I was in college. English department women have problems.

Lethe82

Banned
Exactly. Kuvira wasn't really in the wrong, but the extremes she took were in the wrong. Neither was Su, but they're extremes on two opposite ends of the spectrum. If you can put them together and get enough people in the mix to force them to compromise and I would think the place to could governed fairly well. She went crazy, not stupid and probably only did some of the shit she did because she wanted to ram her success up Suyin's ass sideways.

She really was the secret villain of that show. If Toph raised her right and allowed Lin to chuck her ass in prison so she could learn something like Lin wanted maybe she would be a little more selfless as a person. I'm still shocked Kuv didn't just flat out chuck a brick at the woman's head on sight when she came back. Still should've had her tortured for the assassination attempt. "Try to kill me in the middle of the night while I'm in my fucking pajamas! Do you know how much shit I did for you! Fuck you Su I'm gonna have your fingernails yanked out!"

If Su was an Avatar she would be Avatar Avatar Kuruk. Do you know the story of Avatar Kuruk? He did nothing for his entire life but catch big waves and 'let other people solve their own problems', so Koh the face stealer came and murdered his wife. I feel like Su was in the wrong though, she wouldn't even lift a finger to help anyone outside of Zoafu, not even in the form of supplies or medical aid.

Y'know since Prince Wu abdicated the thrown an said he was going to set up a system where all the cities/regions in the Earth Kingdom had elected representatives that would probably apply to Zaofu as well, it would be hilarious if Su refused given everything (It would actually fit her character but she'd probably get away with it to). Obviously Su would be a representative, but:

*Kuvira runs for elected representative from prison*
*Kuvira loyalists (remember that the majority of Zaofu's army left with Kuvira) return to Zaofu*
*Civil unrest in Zaofu between Kurvira loyalists and people who are loyal to Su who (had others) build Zaofu*
*Kuvira wins a seat to represent Zaofu to the greater Earth Kingdom*
*Uses superior political skills to slowly gain favor with other representatives*
*Kuvira uses her majority control (or at least control of a large enough faction) to force Su out of politics more or less, eventually engineering Su to lose her next election*
*Kuvira is defacto ruler of Zoafu, the most advanced and prosperous city in the Earth Kingdom*
*Eventually has her sentence commuted as her loyalists white wash the darker parts of her army and she is painted as a true Patriot who united the Earth Kingdom in a time of need at great personal cost (completely with her being all remorseful about oversteps etc in prison and highlighting her rough upbringing etc 'just trying to help out people!')*

Funny thing is I could see that actually being a plotline.

I figure they're saving that for the comics (it's obviously Sokka!)

SystemBug

I knew an asian girl I was friends with who did that kinda of stuff. Yaoi hetalia stuff. lol

I asked her if I could look at her sketchbook and she said yea. I think I caught a glimpse of something before she realized what was in it and took it away from me. Good times

If Su was an Avatar she would be Avatar Avatar Kuruk. Do you know the story of Avatar Kuruk? He did nothing for his entire life but catch big waves and 'let other people solve their own problems', so Koh the face stealer came and murdered his wife. I feel like Su was in the wrong though, she wouldn't even lift a finger to help anyone outside of Zoafu, not even in the form of supplies or medical aid.

Y'know since Prince Wu abdicated the thrown an said he was going to set up a system where all the cities/regions in the Earth Kingdom had elected representatives that would probably apply to Zaofu as well, it would be hilarious if Su refused given everything (It would actually fit her character but she'd probably get away with it to). Obviously Su would be a representative, but:

*Kuvira runs for elected representative from prison*
*Kuvira loyalists (remember that the majority of Zaofu's army left with Kuvira) return to Zaofu*
*Civil unrest in Zaofu between Kurvira loyalists and people who are loyal to Su who (had others) build Zaofu*
*Kuvira wins a seat to represent Zaofu to the greater Earth Kingdom*
*Uses superior political skills to slowly gain favor with other representatives*
*Kuvira uses her majority control (or at least control of a large enough faction) to force Su out of politics more or less, eventually engineering Su to lose her next election*
*Kuvira is defacto ruler of Zoafu, the most advanced and prosperous city in the Earth Kingdom*
*Eventually has her sentence commuted as her loyalists white wash the darker parts of her army and she is painted as a true Patriot who united the Earth Kingdom in a time of need at great personal cost (completely with her being all remorseful about oversteps etc in prison and highlighting her rough upbringing etc 'just trying to help out people!')*

Funny thing is I could see that actually being a plotline.
My god that shit would be hilarious. "But my Zaofu!!" "My Zaofu now bitch, now get in the kitchen and make me a sandwich!"
get-back-in-the-kitchen-o.gif

Daemul

I knew an asian girl I was friends with who did that kinda of stuff. Yaoi hetalia stuff. lol

I asked her if I could look at her sketchbook and she said yea. I think I caught a glimpse of something before she realized what was in it and took it away from me. Good times

She shouldn't have been so embarrassed, she got skills.

Sounds about right. Korra spent her entire upbringing years training and basically owning face at the physical and bending elements of being the Avatar, she is insanely strong.

And I just want to reiterate again who absurdly impressive her bending was at the end of the series, that being when she air bended a bubble to protect her and Kuvira from the cannon that was drawing on the entire spirit forest for energy, and then energy bended the beam to nullify it and redirected the resulting equivalent of a nuclear explosion to create a new spirit portal.

Like, damn girl, slow down.

Yup.

We all know that there is only one true ship anyway

kdJ8837.png

KorraLifts.gif

Korra_thanks_Tenzin.png

tumblr_inline_nir614yCKE1spg4o9.jpg

Sounds about right. Korra spent her entire upbringing years training and basically owning face at the physical and bending elements of being the Avatar, she is insanely strong.

And I just want to reiterate again who absurdly impressive her bending was at the end of the series, that being when she air bended a bubble to protect her and Kuvira from the cannon that was drawing on the entire spirit forest for energy, and then energy bended the beam to nullify it and redirected the resulting equivalent of a nuclear explosion to create a new spirit portal.

Like, damn girl, slow down.
She wasn't airbending. She was energybending. Every single season finale between ATLA and TLoK has energybending at the end. Save for Change and Earth, but that depends on whether you consider the activation and usage of the Avatar State energybending. I personally do.
You know even Costanza almost got married.
Got her killed though. Man he's a terrible person.

She wasn't airbending. She was energybending. Every single season finale between ATLA and TLoK has energybending at the end. Save for Change and Earth, but that depends on whether you consider the activation and usage of the Avatar State energybending. I personally do.

Got her killed though. Man he's a terrible person.
His lack of guilt over Susan dying was fucking horrible.

That's the whole point though: they're all terrible people. The finale is them getting punished and then going about it like no big thing.
There's not one character on that show you can root for, thank god they never procreated. No wonder why I like the Curb Your Enthusiasm characters more. And yes I know Larry is a douche bag too.

There's not one character on that show you can root for, thank god they never procreated. No wonder why I like the Curb Your Enthusiasm characters more. And yes I know Larry is a douche bag too.

Larry just simply doesn't stop. It literally hurts me to watch CYE sometimes, not because I think it's bad. I think it's hilarious. The reason it hurts is because Larry does not let things go. At all. You just want him to stop, and he doesn't. It's so cringe worthy, and yet I can't stop watching. Like a massive train wreck. A very well-made train wreck.

Larry just simply doesn't stop. It literally hurts me to watch CYE sometimes, not because I think it's bad. I think it's hilarious. The reason it hurts is because Larry does not let things go. At all. You just want him to stop, and he doesn't. It's so cringe worthy, and yet I can't stop watching. Like a massive train wreck. A very well-made train wreck.
Larry doesn't stop till Susie calls him a "four eyed fuck" or anything for that matter. She's like a prison warden for rich Jewish people.

Lethe82

Banned

41XMc7Z.jpg

The part right before where she creates the space to protect herself and Kuvira is visually identical to scenes in TLA and Korra where air bending was used to create a vortex around the user to protect them from harm. Either she was Avatar state Air bending on steroids to block the beam, or she was Energy bending to protect herself and Kuvira. I do agree that she was energy bending (possibly combining both or using energy bending in a way that mimicked air bending for the same purposes, because I don't think that air bending alone could do it), and yeah energy bending (at least how the Avatar uses it) seems pretty clearly linked to the Avatar state.

m0KZFbf.jpg

Honestly I just saw some people say she air bended at that point, like yesterday, and didn't want to deviate from my what I figured was the generally accepted interpretation because I didn't want to get into a tangental debate on the subject.

TLDR: I agree with you, it was probably energy bending, or using both air bending and energy bending.

Larry seriously gets caught in the dumbest shit. If he wasn't a rich famous guy I swear somebody would've shot his ass.

Based on pop culture history, I don't think status matters. Larry David in reality though, is a pretty cool dude from what I've heard and seen. Neurotic as hell, but cool.

The part right before where she creates the space to protect herself and Kuvira is visually identical to scenes in TLA and Korra where air bending was used to create a vortex around the user to protect them from harm. Regardless I do agree that she was energy bending, and yeah energy bending (at least how the Avatar uses it) seems pretty clearly linked to the Avatar state.
It's just energybending. No airbending at all. She's not airbending to create a space because you don't see her create any air. It's not visually identical, aside from one thing being split by another thing, which admittedly does occur.

Which brings up how overpowered airbending is and how insanely badass you have to be to defend against it. Your only cue is a slight distortion. Maybe some dirt or leaves or something. Because by the time you feel that breeze, it's too late. Makes you really realize how badass some benders are.

Lethe82

Banned
It's just energybending. No airbending at all. She's not airbending to create a space because you don't see her create any air. It's not visually identical, aside from one thing being split by another thing, which admittedly does occur.

Fair fair, you're probably right. It was either pure energy bending (while using it in a way that mimicked the air bubble shield we've seen prior) or some combination that still relied on energy bending for everything after or even to supplement to air bending. We probably both agree that it was most likely energy bending, but I don't think there is enough proof to say that air bending wasn't involved at all. I mean Korra and Kuvira's hair doesn't start getting blown about until Korra creates the bubble so there is an argument to be made (on the other hand one would assume that a giant death laser would be displacing air, likewise Korra creating a bubble around the beam).

Regardless or that particular detail I can't think of a single greater feat in the series (protecting herself and Kuvira from the beam and then redirecting all of the energy during the massive explosion to create a new spirit portal. That last bit it a bit out of nowhere, but I guess that she had to do something with all that energy she was redirecting.

http://youtu.be/6OfWAxp-bnU?t=8m24s

Which brings up how overpowered airbending is and how insanely badass you have to be to defend against it. Your only cue is a slight distortion. Maybe some dirt or leaves or something. Because by the time you feel that breeze, it's too late. Makes you really realize how badass some benders are.

Are you referring to Zaheers air vortex finisher?

Him, Susie, Jeff and JB Smoove were the best side characters on that show. Just with how they interacted with Larry and the hilarious hijinks that ensued.
"Get up in that ass, Larry."
Fair fair, you're probably right. It was either pure energy bending (while using it in a way that mimicked the air bubble shield we've seen prior) or some combination that still relied on energy bending for everything after or even to supplement to air bending. We probably both agree that it was most likely energy bending, but I don't think there is enough proof to say that air bending wasn't involved at all. I mean Korra and Kuvira's hair doesn't start getting blown about until Korra creates the bubble so there is an argument to be made.

Regardless or that particular detail I can't think of a single greater feat in the series (protecting herself and Kuvira from the beam and then redirecting all of the energy during the massive explosion to create a new spirit portal. That last bit it a bit out of nowhere, but I guess that she had to do something with all that energy she was redirecting.

http://youtu.be/6OfWAxp-bnU?t=8m24s
I watched the scene earlier. It's basically her forcing it back and the two opposing forces make it go boom. If she could have redirected the laser with airbending, there's no reason she couldn't have done it much earlier to defend against the Colossus. Even if just to deflect it. Plus, there's a ton of foreshadowing throughout the season (and really the series) of people telling Korra how powerful she is, especially with the Avatar State. It's straight up energybending. You're not wrong in saying there's nothing to say there isn't airbending involved, except we don't see any of the artistic stylings used with airbending (a greyish white representation of wind emanating from the bender in some way). It just doesn't happen, so in reality there's less evidence suggesting airbending then there is for it.

Are you refering to Zaheers air vortex finisher?
I'm thinking airbending in general. If someone attacked you with a blade-shaped air blast, could you block it? I suppose you'd just read their movement and try to block accordingly, but their projectile is invisible. You don't know how that's going to hit. Zaheer's air vortex isn't that overpowered considering his start up. It's like lightning in that way (though Mako is apparently a god-tier lightning master).

Lethe82

Banned
"Get up in that ass, Larry."

I watched the scene earlier. It's basically her forcing it back and the two opposing forces make it go boom. If she could have redirected the laser with airbending, there's no reason she couldn't have done it much earlier to defend against the Colossus. Even if just to deflect it. Plus, there's a ton of foreshadowing throughout the season (and really the series) of people telling Korra how powerful she is, especially with the Avatar State. It's straight up energybending. You're not wrong in saying there's nothing to say there isn't airbending involved, except we don't see any of the artistic stylings used with airbending (a greyish white representation of wind emanating from the bender in some way). It just doesn't happen, so in reality there's less evidence suggesting airbending then there is for it.

Yeah fair enough, I agree with you. I do wish (on the point of people basically telling Korra that she is the Konami cheat code) that Zaheer had elaborated a bit on that (but I've gone over that before). This Avatar was bending 3 of the 4 elements on her own by the age of 4; it seems like her greatest weakness is herself, but that is less so an issue by the end of the series. Edit random ramblings: Though I feel like the spirit portals were something that the show never really did a good job of justifying or integrating. I mean... ok... the portals are open... why is that a good thing? Why was them being closed a bad thing... in the old times people were restricted to basically small areas that they were 'allowed' to exist on... and since opening the spirit portals all it has done is cause problems... somewhat mitigated by one of the most brilliant humans on the planet reconstructing Republic City somewhat to compensate (costing billions I'm sure) and turning the spirit forest into a tourist trap.

And by the end of the series it contributes to basically the near complete destruction of Republic City and the only use people have really found for spirit vines is creating incredibly destructive weapons... and the spirits are completely useless and basically said 'screw you we've got ours' to the Avatar when Republic City was about to be attacked.

I'm thinking airbending in general. If someone attacked you with a blade-shaped air blast, could you block it? I suppose you'd just read their movement and try to block accordingly, but their projectile is invisible. You don't know how that's going to hit. Zaheer's air vortex isn't that overpowered considering his start up. It's like lightning in that way (though Mako is apparently a god-tier lightning master).

I can see it being taken in that direction; I've always kind of assumed that what the viewer sees as a visual indicator is more or less what the characters see in the moment and fights more or less seem to back that up, but that (in a practical real world sense) makes no sense, air doesn't suddenly turn white simply because it has been manipulated.

On the topic of Lightning though, who knows how good Mako really is with it (well he's good obviously but-); The first time we see Mako more or less he is in a PowerPlant with other fire benders bending lightning into capcitors to power the city. There was a Simpsons reference there but I forgot what Homers actual designation was... but on point, along with the technological boom that the world experienced following FireLord Zuko opening up the Fire Nation and sharing all of their war time advancements, he must have made public the teachings of Lightning Bending (where as previously it was only taught to Royalty if memory serves).

tumblr_inline_nc1i54jyXa1qg7om4.jpg

Yeah fair enough, I agree with you. I do wish (on the point of people basically telling Korra that she is the Konami cheat code) that Zaheer had elaborated a bit on that (but I've gone over that before). This Avatar was bending 3 of the 4 elements on her own by the age of 4; it seems like her greatest weakness is herself, but that is less so an issue by the end of the series.
It's a weird thing that I really liked. Korra is an incredibly physical person. Totally embraces the power that the Avatar State gives her, but can't figure out how to tap into it. Aang can tap into, but rejects it. I always thought those dynamics were cool.

But Zaheer is always vague. He loves being cryptic. In a way, he's a natural teacher, though. He originally was going to be one of Korra's teachers (presumably).

I can see it being taken in that direction; I've always kind of assumed that what the viewer sees as a visual indicator is more or less what the characters see in the moment and fights more or less seem to back that up, but that (in a practical real world sense) makes no sense, air doesn't suddenly turn white simply because it has been manipulated.
That's what I'm saying. Otherwise, airbending is no more or less powerful than firebending, but in reality I assume they can't see the projectiles. Makes you wonder...

On the topic of Lightning though, who knows how good Mako really is with it (well he's good obviously but-); The first time we see Mako more or less he is in a PowerPlant with other fire benders bending lightning into capcitors to power the city. There was a Simpsons reference there but I forgot what Homers actual designation was... but on point, along with the technological boom that the world experienced following FireLord Zuko opening up the Fire Nation and sharing all of their war time advancements, he must have made public the teachings of Lightning Bending (where as previously it was only taught to Royalty if memory serves).

tumblr_inline_nc1i54jyXa1qg7om4.jpg
Lightningbending was not a widely taught ability, because a lot of people couldn't use it. The Royal Family all know it, but consider the people rather than the source.

Also, Mako is insanely good with lightning. Look at what he does against Amon and Ming Hua. Now compare that with other feats involving lightning.

Hamlet

Lightningbending was not a widely taught ability, because a lot of people couldn't use it. The Royal Family all know it, but consider the people rather than the source.

Also, Mako is insanely good with lightning. Look at what he does against Amon and Ming Hua. Now compare that with other feats involving lightning.

It was a rare skill because according to Bryan in the Book 1 art book the training of it was usually reserved only to the inner circles of Fire Nation royalty and high-ranking military officers. It's become a tad more commonplace now due to the training not being so secretive anymore. Also it is incredibly taxing on a persons chi reserves according to Bryan. So power plant bosses tend to find it quite difficult in getting people to do it.

Lethe82

Banned
It's a weird thing that I really liked. Korra is an incredibly physical person. Totally embraces the power that the Avatar State gives her, but can't figure out how to tap into it. Aang can tap into, but rejects it. I always thought those dynamics were cool.

I feel like it was a very welcome change (and contrast) between the two. Aang didn't want to be the Avatar in a world that needed him, and Korra wants to be the Avatar in a world that you could almost say doesn't need her; a large part of her arc is figuring out herself as a person but also how to exist in a world that she really wasn't trained for. It's a world where her importance via status as the Avatar is weaker than any past life, and one that is changing faster than any one person can really keep up. The unrelenting march of technology and social infrastructure is dramatically changing the role that the Avatar can play, and let's be honest, our girl Korra is not the most politically savvy person.

She still turned out exceptionally well given her upbringing though, even in Book 1. Her parents must have been doing something right (and credit to her as well, obviously).

But Zaheer is always vague. He loves being cryptic. In a way, he's a natural teacher, though. He originally was going to be one of Korra's teachers (presumably).

I don't know if his team was ever in the good books of the White Lotus/the established powers, but they did say that he could hold his own and be a threat to benders even when he had no bending so he would have made a great hand to hand teacher.

For as unexplained as it was I did like how good Zaheer was made at bending, he was top tier but not quite the best. He was clearly more than a match for Tonraq (would beat him 1 on 1) which show's Zaheers skill level, but it was nice to see that he couldn't keep up with Tenzin when it came down to it. "The son of the Avatar" got a small handful of pretty cool scenes throughout the series.

That's what I'm saying. Otherwise, airbending is no more or less powerful than firebending, but in reality I assume they can't see the projectiles. Makes you wonder...

Well firebending has a hard time creating the same kind of force from being projected that air bending does and is less versatile (Air bending you can use to protect yourself, "fly" and fly if you are god tier). Fire bending is good though because of how... fire... it is. Destructive, hot, able to spread.

It was a rare skill because according to Bryan in the Book 1 art book the training of it was usually reserved only to the inner circles of Fire Nation royalty and high-ranking military officers. It's become a tad more commonplace now due to the training not being so secretive anymore. Also it is incredibly taxing on a persons chi reserves according to Bryan. So power plant bosses tend to find it quite difficult in getting people to do it.

Yep.

"Until at least the end of the Hundred Year War, the ability to generate lightning was an incredibly rare skill, usually reserved for the inner circles of Fire Nation royalty and high-ranking military officers."

"Seventy years later, the ability to generate lightning has become more common, though still not widespread.[2] The technique is used in Republic City's power plants, where lines of firebenders generate and direct lightning simultaneously to create electric currents for the city's industrial district.[6] Both Mako[7][8] and Lightning Bolt Zolt[6] have demonstrated the ability to generate lightning at high speeds."

http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Lightning_generation

It's certainly an advanced technique, but enough people have learned it that it can be commoditized as means of providing a service. If only (presumably so far) in Republic City which seems to be the technological heart of the world. I would assume that the reason it is not yet wide spread (although much more common than before) is because 1) It's an advanced technique and 2) as Uncle Iroh said...

>:D "Ok uncle, I'm ready for you to shoot lightning at me!"
O_O "WHAT ARE YOU CRAZY? LIGHTNING IS VERY DANGEROUS!"

But as a matter of perspective, Mako grew up homeless with the gangs and somehow a little street kid learned how to Lightning bend, so there you go. Maybe Lightning Bolt Zolt taught him, though I can't remember if they ever established prior history between the two.

I just don't know if Mako has shown lightning bending that puts him at god tier, Firelord Ozai/Lightning Bolt Zolt could lightning bend very quickly, and Korra wasn't necessarily a god tier air bender the moment she learned to Air just because she managed to air bend through Amon's blood bending (as did Mako with Lightning Bending against Amon). Not disputing that he's good, and I guess in the end him being god tier or not is a matter of opinion and a debate founded on semantics, so oh well. XP Like I said though, not disputing that he's good!

I'm going to assume airbending is a pain in the ass to fight because you can't really train against fighting an airbending. With every other element you can run into a bunch of them and learn how to counteract the nuances of each technique. Airbending? fuck not really, back in Ozai's time they were practically unicorns and even in Korra's time they're not that easy to find. Didn't get solved till post Harmonic Convergence. Pretty much after you roll through a couple of dozen of each element you learn how to fight them, not enough airbenders to get experience points on.

Lethe82

Banned
I'm going to assume airbending is a pain in the ass to fight because you can't really train against fighting an airbending. With every other element you can run into a bunch of them and learn how to counteract the nuances of each technique. Airbending? fuck not really, back in Ozai's time they were practically unicorns and even in Korra's time they're not that easy to find. Didn't get solved till post Harmonic Convergence. Pretty much after you roll through a couple of dozen of each element you learn how to fight them, not enough airbenders to get experience points on.

And even after Harmonic convergence there is like what 40 active air benders tops? I'm sure the number will continue to go up but it will be generations until they have a decent population size.

And even after Harmonic convergence there is like what 40 active air benders tops? I'm sure the number will continue to go up but it will be generations until they have a decent population size.
Yeah it will be a long time before you can try to level grind off them. That's the main reason why Zaheer felt so OP till he fought Tenzin, I would imagine Lin could probably take him, but that's probably about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom