• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of them are cute, but they're not fire nation and Beifong level.

We just ain't seen 'em. If they got anymore like Korra...

ez6DGzF.pngko

Lethe82

Banned
No she can't.

If Korra is her reincarnated, and she lost. Then she's a loser, too.

Kuvira the Great Uniter cannot be stopped.

Even Korra well off her game just had to pop into the Avatar state for a second (to draw up power) to utterly wreck Kuvira. If Korra wasn't suffering from PTSD Kuvira would have been a stain on ground in front of her entire army. Kuvira with Home field advantage (her Colossus command center) was only keeping up with Korra who wasn't using the Avatar state. Kuvira would get eventually get bodied by Korra on neutral ground even if she didn't use the Avatar state :p

Fuck that, all she did was divide, not unite.

Well she also united!
By creating the Dah Li to help crush and prevent future peasant uprisings in the Earth Kingdom

Seriously Kyoshi, what did you think creating a secretive and elite police force of Ba Sing Se who work to capture, interrogate, and imprison political dissidents with the aim of "protecting the cultural heritage of Ba Sing Se" was going to lead to? Sure they became corrupt in that they did not serve the monarchy but their own interests, but they were still very much carrying out the means that you set them up to do, and that was some dark shit.

Lethe82

Banned
She probably couldn't keep up with Korra, but we've seen her owning face multiple times. She knows how to fight and clearly stays fit.

Even Korra well off her game just had to pop into the Avatar state for a second (to draw up power) to utterly wreck Kuvira. If Korra wasn't suffering from PTSD Kuvira would have been a stain on ground in front of her entire army. Kuvira with Home field advantage (her Colossus command center) was only keeping up with Korra who wasn't using the Avatar state. Kuvira would get eventually get bodied by Korra on neutral ground even if she didn't use the Avatar state :p
Actually given how much Kuvira likes to dodge around I wouldn't exactly call cramped conditions "home field advantage." With her being that restricted in her movements she wasn't able to really dodge around as much.
She probably couldn't keep up with Korra, but we've seen her owning face multiple times. She knows how to fight and clearly stays fit.
She fit, but not Korra fit. Korra would just military press Asami.

Lethe82

Banned
Actually given how much Kuvira likes to dodge around I wouldn't exactly call cramped conditions "home field advantage." With her being that restricted in her movements she wasn't able to really dodge around as much.

She fit, but not Korra fit. Korra would just military press Asami.

I'd say having all of the various types of metal more than compensated for it though, I'm not so sure how much she likes to dodge around and how much it just so happened that she was feeling Korra out in their first fight (and then toying with her). That first fight between them wasn't just Kuvira fighting how she normally fights, she wanted to embarrass the Avatar, so she stayed defensive the entire fight and picked holes in Korra's defense, but the same strategy wouldn't have worked against a more recovered Korra in round 2, regardless of the environment.

She didn't have any problems going up against Su in a cramped environment/close quarters fight

I'd say having all of the various types of metal more than compensated for it though, I'm not so sure how much she likes to dodge around and how much it just so happened that she was feeling Korra out in their first fight (and then toying with her). That first fight between them wasn't just Kuvira fighting how she normally fights, she wanted to embarrass the Avatar, so she stayed defensive the entire fight and picked holes in Korra's defense, but the same strategy wouldn't have worked against a more recovered Korra in round 2, regardless of the environment.

She didn't have any problems going up against Su in a cramped environment
Maybe you are right about that. She was pretty much just toying with Korra pre avatar state in that fight. Korra just looked like an amateur at that point too. She was using metal in the second fight to mimic the other elements and that was pretty interesting to witness, I love when she used the wires or the liquid metal as whips. It was pretty creative her her part. She didn't even really use her uniform in that fight. I loved watching her wreck Su though, I wish it lasted longer. I'm pretty sure she's well versed in how Su fights any way since she grew up watching her fight and train.

Tomorrow is gonna suck, as if I don't already browse tumblr and post here most of my day.... I'm gonna be snowed in.

Prepare for epic Kuvira ships. You may want to avoid this thread tomorrow Toa.

Lethe82

Banned
Korrasami art in general has become too wholesome and sweet for this thread. Needs more kink/umph to incite reactions, but not too far [i.e. Owler] to get banned. Iahfy is usually a safe bet for the middle ground kinky korrasami stuff.

Edit: Of course I still appreciate Korrasami art posts

Alright there you go, is that better? :p

tumblr_nglsqu7fT71qm8wf8o2_r1_1280.jpg

But I will still post some other art that I like :p

tumblr_n1iuejdceT1r0bsjlo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n9yc33r1BT1r0bsjlo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mv9l5bpxHt1r0bsjlo3_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mv9l5bpxHt1r0bsjlo4_r1_1280.jpg

http://ctchrysler.tumblr.com/archive

tumblr_njqzu1tyPv1r6btzgo3_500.png

http://denimcatfish.tumblr.com/

tumblr_m4xc0vJkYO1qfrrfso1_1280.png

http://minuiko.tumblr.com/post/24181597569/girlfriends

I actually missed the part where you said you loved it, quoted with apologies :p
Ya damn right
She practically is a statue, but yes I would too. Why does it seem like the earth benders have the hottest women? Fire nation too.

No love for the waterbenders?

A strong gust of wind can kick Kuvira's ass tho.

Be nice John.

Anyways, I throw my hat at da Water Tribe if Korra was the norm, not the exception.

Whoa, whoa whoa...Water Tribe's got it. Dark hair. Dark skin. Blue eyes. And lawd when they let that hair down...Anyone else getting warm?

College classes start tomorrow :/ 2 days in the week I have a schedule that goes from 8:00 to 5:30 wtf like working a full time job LOL and I only have 2 classes. They're just super spread out.

inb4itcouldbeworsecommentsorsomethingalongthelinesofthat

Toa TAK

Banned
College classes start tomorrow :/ 2 days in the week I have a schedule that goes from 8:00 to 5:30 wtf like working a full time job LOL and I only have 2 classes. They're just super spread out.

inb4itcouldbeworsecommentsorsomethingalongthelinesofthat

Muahaha, I know the feeling. I had a class go from 7:15am to 1:15pm twice a week, along with two other classes. While working. D:

Now I can sorta chill, got a much better schedule this time.

Muahaha, I know the feeling. I had a class go from 7:15am to 1:15pm twice a week, along with two other classes. While working. D:

Now I can sorta chill, got a much better schedule this time.

I could not imagine working while having a full schedule. I'd have no time to myself lol

Toa TAK

Banned
I could not imagine working while having a full schedule. I'd have no time to myself lol
That's why I gotta enjoy "me" time when I can. X(
When she was younger? She's hot as fuck now!

reminds me of one of my profs. Damn she was an older woman but I had a mad crush on her

Duuuude. I know the feeling. And I'll stop right there in case some x amount of years into the future someone finds these posts and uses them against me.

tumblr_inline_njuosxLzFh1t2s7j4.png

tumblr_inline_njuotajkTC1t2s7j4.png

tumblr_inline_njuotlqWSd1t2s7j4.png

tumblr_inline_njuotvFMy41t2s7j4.png

SystemBug

Duuuude. I know the feeling. And I'll stop right there in case some x amount of years into the future someone finds these posts and uses them against me.
Bro I don't even care. I think we managed to have some what of relationship. Like she would get physical with me and even kept my USB safe with her during all of summer break. I forgot it in class lol.

According to Tumblr everybody is Lin's bae though.

That is true, Lin has been shipped with Korra, Bolin, Mako, Asami, Tenzin (which was canon) Bumi, Kya, Suyin (yea... ew), Kuvira, acupuncture dude and I know there's a lot I'm missing.

And nothing wrong with older women, I'm currently serving as a "side dude" to one....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom