• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daemul

Another ship, Zukaang

Zukaang_the_proof_by_uhanekahu.jpg

lindsay-lohan-spits-ok6ui0.gif

Shit slayed me

Another ship, Zukaang

lindsay-lohan-spits-ok6ui0.gif

Shit slayed me
Lol damn. If they have a pulse they shall be shipped.
That is true, Lin has been shipped with Korra, Bolin, Mako, Asami, Tenzin (which was canon) Bumi, Kya, Suyin (yea... ew), Kuvira, acupuncture dude and I know there's a lot I'm missing.

And nothing wrong with older women, I'm currently serving as a "side dude" to one....
As of right now I would not mind being some older woman's "side dude."

As of right now I would not mind being some older woman's "side dude."

I lucked out tbh... lol. We met while I was still in the military, she was an officer who outranked me by a country mile... she served in a different branch though so I wasn't breaking any rules
besides the whole adultery thing, since I found out she was married later.

SystemBug

I lucked out tbh... lol. We met while I was still in the military, she was an officer who outranked me by a country mile... she served in a different branch though so I wasn't breaking any rules
Man you always have interesting stories.

Daemul

Grandpa_e3efae_976974.gif

Toa TAK

Banned

Suddenly this thread has relevance.

SystemBug

Beats my life full of "dis bitch is crazy" and forced abstinence.
Nah I kinda have that going. Like I only somewhat had 1 relationship that lasted like maybe a month but just got turned down by a bunch of others.

I gotta stop falling in love with batshit insane women.

Shit. Some of them are robots I swear

Nah I kinda have that going. Like I only somewhat had 1 relationship that lasted like maybe a month but just got turned down by a bunch of others.

I gotta stop falling in love with batshit insane women.

Shit. Some of them are robots I swear
Least it's not just me. I thought I had something, then the woman just disappears. Either she can't balance her life and schoolwork or she just flat out really didn't care about me. So pretty much she's doing to me what she constantly complained about what other people did to her.

Ignore Jaded, he's just jaded about everything.

buh dum tss
They're two very different shows. How many times have we seen the equivalent of "it's not like ATLA" in one of the sister threads regarding this franchise. It's probably the best advice he'll hear all week.

orochi91

Huh, interesting. I'll keep that in mind. I know everything is different a little steampunk, but not much else.

LoK is brilliant and a worthy follow up to ATLA.

If anything, just go into it by treating it as its own thing and don't constantly compare it to ATLA.

They're both unique and well made.

LoK is the better show but the fact that TLA came before it makes LoK even better. Seeing how the world has evolved and changed coming out of the 100 year war is half the fun.

Precisely.

An awesome show/world. Send us your impressions!

Nah, LoK is the better show but the fact that TLA came before it makes LoK even better. Seeing how the world has evolved and changed coming out of the 100 year war is half the fun.
I enjoy both but I do feel like ATLA handled it's characters better. ATLA is pretty much the casts show. Everybody did a lot of growing in those three seasons, where Korra feels like the show is mainly there the attempt to have Korra find her actual place in the world. ATLA had the journeys of Zuko and Aang, seriously it's Zuko's show just as much as Aang's and both came off as fully fledged characters that grew and suffered in there journey. Korra just had Korra with the growth of a select few actually happening on screen. Korra helped to expand the world and helped you see the finished vision of Aang and Zuko as they try to fix the world decimated by the war.

I don't have a twitter. You should do a little write up on whatever season you just watched so we can have actual Korra discussion in this thread for maybe like 10 posts

Damn. That reminds me. I haven't finished my own Korra binge. I stopped right after "And the Winner Is..."

What a great fucking episode of television. Seriously. Fucking outstanding.

Also, I rank shows based on three things:
1) Did it get me to tear up, or at the very least on the verge of it?

2) Did it bring me that hype? Or if it's a comedy, how hard and often was I laughing?

3) Does it enthrall me in such a way that I have a hard time finding anything to dislike?

ATLA did all three. TLoK did two. Therefore, ATLA is the better show for me.

Very simple criteria for me. Now, whether I like a show or not is far more complex (characters, lore, cinematography, story, lore and mythos, etc.), but if a show can achieve any of those three main criteria, then it immediately becomes a high ranking show in my book.

That's because she puts all that rocket scientist shit in her hair. Asami is a flawless woman by design. She's beautiful enough naturally, but they had to amplify that as well, it's not even a fair match up.

She still felt that she needed to be Mako's rebound though, so that's like minus 15 points right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom