• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only ship I support is me + any chick in the avatar universe
Nothing wrong with that, yall know I ship me + Lin Baefong

lets see what going on in here
tZOS8.gif

Don't try to act brand new now Mr. Korrasami ;)

In all honesty she probably doesn't mind. Kuvira's Tumblr stans stan her hard.

when you look up Korvira on tumblr, "Nikkipet" turns up in related searches under it so she is the captain by default... I was just letting her know. I know she don't mind, she just needs to feed the masses more Korvira heat.

I never understood this "stan" thing. What's up with that?

Fanboying/fangirling

Originates from Eminem's record "Stan" where he talks about an obsessive fan named Stan. Then Nas called Jay-Z a "stan" in his diss record and that's where that term started taking off.

Plus I personally prefer it over fanboy/fangirl anyway... much easier to say.

Nothing wrong with that, yall know I ship me + Lin Baefong

Don't try to act brand new now Mr. Korrasami ;)

when you look up Korvira on tumblr, "Nikkipet" turns up in related searches under it so she is the captain by default... I was just letting her know. I know she don't mind, she just needs to feed the masses more Korvira heat.
Yep, Nikkipet, Rin and Sleepy are front and center. Also check out Kuvirasenpai and SSKuvira.
Lol god damn:
tumblr_njrjhe0IVx1rw4rq4o1_1280.jpg

SSKuvira

Rin-trash actually fuels my thirst for Kuvira crack ships, and I just love Sleepy.. her coloring/art style is just wowness.

and I pick the final option too, that's the true ending
If SSKuvira actually took the time to finish everything the way that Sleepy and Rin do her stuff would be really good actually, but yeah Sleepy and Rin are a lot of fun. Nikkipet and Sleepy actually have pretty decent plotlines to their artwork too. I love Sleepy's kid Kuvira stuff.

If SSKuvira actually took the time to finish everything the way that Sleepy and Rin do her stuff would be really good actually, but yeah Sleepy and Rin are a lot of fun. Nikkipet and Sleepy actually have pretty decent plotlines to their artwork too. I love Sleepy's kid Kuvira stuff.

same thing with whatabeatifulkuv, I wish she'd just clean up and color her pics than I would stan her also.

Come on now, it ain't that bad :p

It's not, Toa decided to challenge me and I had to answer in kind.

Shipless heathens

same thing with whatabeatifulkuv, I wish she'd just clean up and color her pics than I would stan her also.

It's not, Toa decided to challenge me and I had to answer in kind.

Shipless heathens
Why is it so hard for people to hop on a ship? It's fun as fuck. Then again I am me. And yeah I do wish some of the tumblr users would finish their pics, some of them just stop half way at the framing level.

Why is it so hard for people to hop on a ship? It's fun as fuck. Then again I am me. And yeah I do wish some of the tumblr users would finish their pics, some of them just stop half way at the framing level.

They're just uncultured, that's it. They haven't been indoctrinated on the glory of
Kuvira
shipping. .

They're just uncultured, that's it. They haven't been indoctrinated on the glory of
Kuvira
shipping. .
I was skeptical of it at first, then I saw how hot and kinky it was, that and I was getting tired of being beaten over the head with Korrasami and then I just hopped onto the Kuvira battleship. People act like those two have nothing in common.

It's not even Anarchy Reigns which suffers from this, even Bayonetta does. It's like brown + colors, which is a terrible combination imo. MGSR:R was also ugly.

They need a better environmental art director or just somebody who's better at post-processing color better.

Both Bayonettas and The Wonderful 101 are fucking gorgeous looking and really unique visually, and Madworld also goes for that Sin City look. MGR looks like a Metal Gear game.

I'd agree that Anarchy Reigns is probably their worst looking game. I can't on any other game, even Vanquish which is arguably the most boring game when it comes to visuals.

Both Bayonettas and The Wonderful 101 are fucking gorgeous looking and really unique visually, and Madworld also goes for that Sin City look. MGR looks like a Metal Gear game.

I'd agree that Anarchy Reigns is probably their worst looking game. I can't on any other game, even Vanquish which is arguably the most boring game when it comes to visuals.
I think God Hand is the game where they stopped paying heavy attention to their visuals. I know it's technically a Clover Studios game, but it's pretty much the same people.

I think God Hand is the game where they stopped paying heavy attention to their visuals. I know it's technically a Clover Studios game, but it's pretty much the same people.

God Hand was supposed be like old school kung fu movies, so that was the vibe they were going for. Whether it worked...I dunno. Couldn't tell you. I didn't play nearly as much of that game as I should have. Plus, on top of that, that was the last game Clover did, I believe. They probably weren't given much of a budget for it.

I also really don't want to get too much into this, because ignoring TW101 and Bayo1&2 is a sin against mankind. Seriously.

360pages

What Bayo is really the only Platinum game that doesn't suffer from areas being recycled and they both look amazing. My only problem with Bayo, is that missions/Chapters are too long compared to DMC 1,3 and 4. Making playing them rather tough.

What Bayo is really the only Platinum game that doesn't suffer from areas being recycled and they both look amazing. My only problem with Bayo, is that missions/Chapters are too long compared to DMC 1,3 and 4. Making playing them rather tough.

The difference is that you can pick up and drop at any point. DMC requires you play the whole mission again.

Also, has no one played Madworld or TW101? Seriously, I might actually be getting upset.

Veelk

Banned

Eh? The Paradiso levels are literally Vigrid except light and shiny.

360pages

Eh? The Paradiso levels are literally Vigrid except light and shiny.

I actually didn't notice that too much, at least not as blatantly as DMC4 and 3s reused areas.

Well, Bayo's longer length makes it a super chore getting a good rank combined. Well, it's more just me personally not like dropping out of the middle of a mission.

I actually didn't notice that too much, at least not as blatantly as DMC4 and 3s reused areas.

Well, Bayo's longer length makes it a super chore getting a good rank combined. Well, it's more just me personally not like dropping out of the middle of a mission.
I'd actually leave DMC 4 right out of this discussion because that game is a straight up Capcom game. They used the Lost Planet producer I think on that game. DMC 3 as far as I'm concerned is a Platinum Game. But yeah the Bayonetta games handled the levels far better than DMC has.

360pages

I'd actually leave DMC 4 right out of this discussion because that game is a straight up Capcom game. They used the Lost Planet producer I think on that game. DMC 3 as far as I'm concerned is a Platinum Game.

Actually both DMC3 and 4 had the same director, and gameplay wise I think DMC 4 is amazing...too bad it's only half a game.

Actually both DMC3 and 4 had the same director, and gameplay wise I think DMC 4 is amazing...too bad it's only half a game.
Well shit I had no idea then, sorry about that. 4 did a much better job of incorporating the different styles, but 3 did a better job at level design and boss diversity. I remember looking at Nevan thinking she'd be a cakewalk, she wasn't.

Veelk

Banned
I'd actually leave DMC 4 right out of this discussion because that game is a straight up Capcom game. They used the Lost Planet producer I think on that game. DMC 3 as far as I'm concerned is a Platinum Game. But yeah the Bayonetta games handled the levels far better than DMC has.

Itsuno was the director of DMC3, and heavily involved in DMC4's combat. Maybe Itsuno studied under Kamiya at some point or something, but I'm pretty sure Clover wasn't involved in any DMC's post 1.

Edit: more than heavily involved even, he was the director. But I know he didn't have as much freedom in DMC4 as he did in 3. Dude named Kobayashi was the producer and demanded lots of stuff, especially in terms of story. Hence we got Nero. I don't remember if the repeated levels were because of him too, but at some point, their budget got cut in half so they had to make due in the worst way.

Besides, in terms of gameplay, DMC4 is just an evolution of DMC3's. The repeated level design and dual character stuff is, while unfortunate, not a major alteration of the combat system.

Itsuno was the director of DMC3, and heavily involved in DMC4's combat. Maybe Itsuno studied under Kamiya at some point or something, but I'm pretty sure Clover wasn't involved in any DMC's post 1.

Besides, in terms of gameplay, DMC4 is just an evolution of DMC3's. The repeated level design and dual character stuff is, while unfortunate, not a major alteration of the combat system.
Yeah I kind of just assumed most of good Capcom came out of Clover or was heavily developed by them so yeah. I don't mind when I'm wrong, shit happens.

360pages

It's odd, but on pure gameplay...I find both DMC3 and 4 Better than Bayo..not saying Bayo isn't an amazing game, but DMC 3 and 4 more weighted and grounded combat seems more precise for me.

Veelk

Banned
It's odd, but on pure gameplay...I find both DMC3 and 4 Better than Bayo..not saying Bayo isn't an amazing game, but DMC 3 and 4 more weighted and grounded combat seems more precise for me.

Everyone has their preferences. I love them all, but I prefer what I like to call tactical combat over stylish combat. Namely, I like the Ninja Gaiden games best. I was worried there wasn't going to be an adequate replacement for them as Bayo was for DMC, but Revengeance did that. It doesn't have as much depth due to budget and time issues during development, but I found it the most fun of all of them, and I expect the inevitable sequel will make me cry with joy when it gets proper development time.

Yeah but Bayo's rank is only based on how you perform during the Verses. DMC is based on the mission as a whole. Honestly I find Bayo easier to get good ranks on than DMC because of the Verse system. A system that Viewtiful Joe started.
Kamiya directed and created DMC. That's it for Platinum's involvement. It wasn't even a Clover game, actually. Kamiya has never directed a sequel to a game he directed. YET.
Everyone has their preferences. I love them all, but I prefer what I like to call tactical combat over stylish combat. Namely, I like the Ninja Gaiden games best. I was worried there wasn't going to be an adequate replacement for them as Bayo was for DMC, but Revengeance did that. It doesn't have as much depth due to budget and time issues during development, but I found it the most fun of all of them, and I expect the inevitable sequel will make me cry with joy when it gets proper development time.
Ninja Gaiden is straight up stylish action. It's no more or less tactical than any other character action game, the difference with NG being the focus is on the kill rather than the combo. So I understand what you mean fully, as I love the NG series as well (serious fucking shame what happened to 3). I'm just picky when it comes to this.

Kuvira shippers are like the Reapers. I'll resist your indoctrination.

You will be assimilated.

Resistance is futile.

I was skeptical of it at first, then I saw how hot and kinky it was, that and I was getting tired of being beaten over the head with Korrasami and then I just hopped onto the Kuvira battleship. People act like those two have nothing in common.

Like I said, the fact Korrasami is canon makes me not want to go crazy with it just due to the sheer amount of pics/fics flooding tumblr. But Owler just dropped some new NSFW heat so I'm not complaining.

dammit

maybe its a good thing not a lot of mods hang in here lol

lol, I'll be sure to remind you of that post every time you try to insult my inner shipper

Anyway, I'm positive that Rin is a girl after my heart due to her painting what she calls the "second love of her life" aka, my Lin Baefong.

Veelk

Banned
Ninja Gaiden is straight up stylish action. It's no more or less tactical than any other character action game, the difference with NG being the focus is on the kill rather than the combo. So I understand what you mean fully, as I love the NG series as well (serious fucking shame what happened to 3). I'm just picky when it comes to this.

That'd exactly what I mean by tactical. It's just what I've always called it, since DMC were always called stylish action games because how good a players comboing was termed 'style ranking' by the game.

That'd exactly what I mean by tactical. It's just what I've always called it, since DMC were always called stylish action games because how good a players comboing was termed 'style ranking' by the game.

I gotcha. NG definitely requires a different mindset, that's for damn sure.

I gotcha. NG definitely requires a different mindset, that's for damn sure.
Requires patience. I should just start Sigma 2 all over again because I'm stuck at that stupid water dragon thing and my long ass break from it meant I forgot how to play the fucking game. Sigma 1 is still my favorite though. Yeah you really need to learn how to block, know certain tells, dodge cheap grab throws and know which weapons work the best on certain enemies.
Asami is the best thing that ever happened to the Avatar universe.
She's hot, but I just can't worship her. She's not "drink her bath water" level to me. I think too many characters on the show had her, Kuvira, nobody really had her.

Requires patience. I should just start Sigma 2 all over again because I'm stuck at that stupid water dragon thing and my long ass break from it meant I forgot how to play the fucking game. Sigma 1 is still my favorite though. Yeah you really need to learn how to block, know certain tells, dodge cheap grab throws and know which weapons work the best on certain enemies..

I love Sigma as well. It's typically regarded as inferior to Black, though. I'm unclear as to why.

Also, that Water Dragon is pretty easy once you know the tricks. The Vigoorian Flail should help with those fish.

I love Sigma as well. It's typically regarded as inferior to Black, though. I'm unclear as to why.

Also, that Water Dragon is pretty easy once you know the tricks. The Vigoorian Flail should help with those fish.
I beat the game twice technically if you include me beating the more buggy difficult as fuck original version with the shit ass frame rate. It's just been a while for me on that one. I even still want to play Razors Edge, just not worth that much money to me. God I hated the last half of NG2...fuck.

I beat the game twice technically if you include me beating the more buggy difficult as fuck original version with the shit ass frame rate. It's just been a while for me on that one. I even still want to play Razors Edge, just not worth that much money to me. God I hated the last half of NG2...fuck.

Razor's Edge is certainly an improvement. How much of an improvement, it's hard to say. Definitely enough that I would say it's the definitive version of that game.

5269558397_64406aeb94_z.jpg

I think you've been spending too much time listening to Toa.
Eh, Asami used to be Mako's plaything that he would pick up and drop at his whim like a mediocre JRPG. Canon wise not Tumblr wise only Bataar had Kuvira, but we're not even sure if she even allowed much. It's not like she was pregnant with his kid or anything. I guess Mako's treatment of her and how she allowed it drops her down several fucking levels.

Eh, Asami used to be Mako's plaything that he would pick up and drop at his whim like a mediocre JRPG. Canon wise not Tumblr wise only Bataar had Kuvira, but we're not even sure if she even allowed much. It's not like she was pregnant with his kid or anything. I guess Mako's treatment of her and how she allowed it drops her down several fucking levels.

Asami knew what she was getting into. Let's not place all the blame on Mako, here.

Man, this shit again.

Asami knew what she was getting into. Let's not place all the blame on Mako, here.

Man, this shit again.
Any self respecting woman wouldn't have allowed herself to be treated like that the second time. If she had stood up and went "Eat my fucking shit Mako" and stormed out when Mako allowed Korra to kiss him and act like they're still dating I would have a lot more respect for her on that front. She knew yes, but she didn't have to allow herself to get dragged down like that.

Any self respecting woman wouldn't have allowed herself to be treated like that the second time. If she had stood up and went "Eat my fucking shit Mako" and stormed out when Mako allowed Korra to kiss him and act like they're still dating I would have a lot more respect for her on that front. She knew yes, but she didn't have to allow herself to get dragged down like that.

But she did. Then she jumped back on the boat. At least 33-50% (I say 33 because of Korra) of that shit is her own fault. She thought getting back into bed with Mako was apparently a good idea. Korra, her friend, leaves Republic City crying and speeding away in a motor boat (actually sounds hilarious when said out loud), and she immediately goes: "You and Korra broke up? When?" and proceeds to immediately hop on that Mako D. Keep in mind, he let it happen. In his defense though, he did not pursue, but Asami did. She had no reason to believe Mako would actually stay with her.

She's a smart girl. Better decisions could (and should) have been made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom