• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 2008 version was no where close to being as good with it's QTE platforming, but I still would have liked to see a sequel to that than nothing at all.

Forgotten Sands on 360/PS3/PC actually had really good platforming. Shame a lot of people passed on it thinking it was a movie cash in...which it may have been.

Still, some top tier platforming.

-Deimos

Star Citizen looks super tight too, but the planet exploration focus of NMS edges it out IMO

I don't know how SC is planning on implementing it with a future update, but i'm just judging from what i'm seeing right now.
Yeah Star Citizen isn't going to have much planet exploring. Though I feel like NMS isn't going to have these amazing detailed worlds like they're implying. The scope is just too big and the planets being procedurally generated makes me think they're going to be generic copies of each other. To me it seems like the kind of game that's really fun to explore in the beginning, but gets old quickly.

Yeah Star Citizen isn't going to have much planet exploring. Though I feel like NMS isn't going to have these amazing detailed worlds like they're implying. The scope is just too big and the planets being procedurally generated makes me think they're going to be generic copies of each other. To me it seems like the kind of game that's really fun to explore in the beginning, but gets old quickly.

I hope there's lots of diversity. I mean, the game will be huge. So huge it will be rare to see other players. That's insane.

From the way their systems work, it will probably be a lot more varied than something like Starbound in planet aesthetics. Plus, it's not like the exploration has no purpose to it. You explore to find resources and gather them to upgrade your suit, & multitool, and to make fuel to get closer to the center where it gets harder and and more "alien" as you go on, to explain it in a relatively simple way. That sounds good to me tbh

Those games are so anime it's not even funny, I don't mind those though. The games at least know they're essentially playable animes.
I've only played Symphonia. Very fun combat, so I liked it. And the music. Oh that music. I have a copy of Abyss for the PS2. Have yet to actually play it, so my only experience with it is an LP I watched by...I'm tryna think...PrinceBoo something. There was a number. Anyways, he's done probably all the Tales games by this point. He loves that franchise ferociously. I stopped watching his LPs, but his Symphonia and Abyss playthroughs are pretty good.
That's why I really liked AC1. How many games are there set in Jerusalem and Damascus?

Setting was great. Altair had an american accent though :| Though they retconned this with animus bullshit.

They NEED to do China. Or India. Or Egypt. Just get us out of Europe and the US, PLEASE

I liked Istanbul as a setting but that game wasn't...amazing.
Wasn't there supposed to be a game set in Japan, but UbiSoft said it wouldn't work for some reason?
I would personally like to see India. Gotta see more brown people in games.
More brown people in literally everything. Seriously. Everything.

orochi91

That's why I really liked AC1. How many games are there set in Jerusalem and Damascus?

Setting was great. Altair had an american accent though :| Though they retconned this with animus bullshit.

They NEED to do China. Or India. Or Egypt. Just get us out of Europe and the US, PLEASE

I liked Istanbul as a setting but that game wasn't...amazing.

This is why I stopped playing AC, the focus on EU/US is so goddamn dull.

AC4 was different, but the colonies did nothing for me.

Asia as a setting is steeped in history; China/India would be a blessing.

Perhaps that's why both Avatar series hit so close to home, since I'm Asian as well lol

This is why I stopped playing AC, the focus on EU/US is so goddamn dull.

AC4 was different, but the colonies did nothing for me.

Asia as a setting is steeped in history; China/India would be a blessing.

Perhaps that's why both Avatar series hit so close to home, since I'm Asian as well lol
I don't believe you, since I assume you are, like your avatar, a Knack Soldier. Destined to look like all Knack Soldiers.

Daemul

it was, though we pretty much agreed on the genre not really represent people of color too well... I just came at her the wrong way =/ and I apologized before correcting myself.

Iahfy just commented on the Kuvira pic saying someone had commissioned her to do something similar, lawd Toa about to avoid tumblr like the plague and

7zfrawigklqk2pwze4ws9jovo.300x169x27.gif

Iahfy gonna do something good. Looking forward to seeing it.

Daemul

You guys are too harsh on Mako ha. He ain't Mako books 1 & 2 anymore and i'm sure he'll be fine.
tumblr_naxiaiPnrb1refhi9o2_r1_500.gif

He may not be the same as he was before, but his actions are unforgivable, how the fuck can you cheat on Asami? It would be physically impossible for me to do so, the girl is perfect.

Hamlet

He may not be the same as he was before, but his actions are unforgivable, how the fuck can you cheat on Asami? It would be physically impossible for me to do so, the girl is perfect.

Yes what he did was pretty shitty and he should have told Korra straight away. Instead he became super indecisive over how to deal with it. Which is probably the worst possible way to do it ha. But at the same time just imagine the strain put on you as all of a sudden your Ex girlfriend comes back with amnesia/forgetting the whole break up thing kisses you and bam you're also told that you need to head to the southern spirit portal to help prevent 10,000 years of darkness. He was trying to not hurt/distract Korra even at the same time he was hurting Asami.

Thinking back on it, we never really did get to see how Asami reacted to the affair apart from the angry face at the kiss. Then again poor Asami was pretty much non-existent for the Book 2 finale.
I will say though that the breakup between Korra and Mako was quite well done. Really mature stuff from both of them realizing that the relationship just wasn't working. Apart from the romance stuff Mako turned into a pretty decent if dull character.

Cmon brah, when Korra is seducing you going to say you wouldn't take the bait?

Dude got confused. Such is teenage romance.

His actions in book 2 were more deplorable. But every character in book 2 seems to be mentally challenged

Daemul

Cmon brah, when Korra is seducing you going to say you wouldn't take the bait?

Dude got confused. Such is teenage romance.

His actions in book 2 were more deplorable. But every character in book 2 seems to be mentally challenged

Nah man, I like Korra bus she's not in Asami's league. I would need to go full retard like every character in book 2 did in order to ever do something to hurt Asami.

I'll never stop laughing at that video. It's perfect.
Also go watch Gravity Falls people it's fantastic.
It brings tears to my eyes every time I watch it, it's fucking hilarious. Only thing is who would be Korra's stand? I'm mean she's strong enough to Ora ora Mako herself.
"Has Asami been getting my letters?"
"Mako, you really are the worst character in Legend of Korra"
"She's my waifu"
atKwWux.gif

Kinvara

Thank you for saying this. I feel that we're a bit alone though. In the things you want to see in a RPG thread, only me and one other person said they actually want to see different settings. I feel like a lot of times geeks want more of the same, even though they say different sometimes.

What, seriously? That's just depressing.

I totally want to see a spiritual sequel to Jade Empire.

I'm a sucker for the Gothic(?) fantasy stuff. Angels, demons, vampires, etc. I like that. I would love to see an animated action series with that kind of setting. Like, a good one. There's too much bullshit that tries to do this, but very rarely is any of it good. The most recent one I watched was I, Frankenstein.

Have you guys seen that movie?

Fuck that movie.

I'd also like to see a good fantasy either game or animated series based in a Middle Eastern/African setting. There's some cool shit there. Fucking Hellboy goes to Africa, and it's sick.

Totally agree.

(I, Frankenstein was trash lol)

I, Frankenstein is a boring shlock of a movie that has a plot that doesn't make any sense. They literally place the bulk of the movie 300 years in the future just so the bad guys could wear suits. I'm 100% sure of that.

You mean Rise of the Lycans? I thought that was alright, it shined the Lycans in a good light and showed just how afraid people are of a potential Vampire-Lycan hybrid being.
I guess. I remember whatever one without Beckinsale being horrible to me though.
I, Frankenstein is a boring shlock of a movie that has a plot that doesn't make any sense. They literally place the bulk of the movie 300 years in the future just so the bad guys could wear suits. I'm 100% sure of that.
Most likely to save on budget as well. Period pieces are expensive because of the costume designing. Game of Thrones is expensive for the costume work and armor alone...not to mention the fucking wigs.

I went to my comic book store to see if I could order the I, Frankenstein graphic novel through them (because I have to know), and he couldn't even find it.

Not even the publisher wants it to be found.

I guess. I remember whatever one without Beckinsale being horrible to me though.

Most likely to save on budget as well. Period pieces are expensive because of the costume designing. Game of Thrones is expensive for the costume work and armor alone...not to mention the fucking wigs.
You must not have seen the movie, because a majority of the set pieces and costumes are the same anyway. Just with more "white, sterile technology rooms."

I went to my comic book store to see if I could order the I, Frankenstein graphic novel through them (because I have to know), and he couldn't even find it.

Not even the publisher wants it to be found.

You must not have seen the movie, because a majority of the set pieces and costumes are the same anyway. Just with more "white, sterile technology rooms."
I stayed so far away from I Frankenstein...I've paid for some dumb shit before, but I wasn't paying for that movie. Maybe when it hits cable and I'm bored as fuck I'll watch it.

I stayed so far away from I Frankenstein...I've paid for some dumb shit before, but I wasn't paying for that movie. Maybe when it hits cable and I'm bored as fuck I'll watch it.
It's on Netflix streaming if you have it.
The only reason that I saw the movie was that it was free to check out from the public library.
Even that seems like a waste of time.
A review worth of being on the back of the DVD itself.

"The only reason that I saw the movie was that it was free to check out from the public library."-A person, 0 stars

She'd probably go upside his head so fast.

I'd definitely watch a Mako & Lin Lethal Weapon movie.

Lin can be like Murtaugh, the grizzly older police vet on the verge of retirement, and Mako can be Riggs... young, borderline suicidal and suffering from depression because his girlfriend left him for his... ex girlfriend.

I'd definitely watch a Mako & Lin Lethal Weapon movie.

Lin can be like Murtaugh, the grizzly older police vet on the verge of retirement, and Mako can be Riggs... young, borderline suicidal and suffering from depression because his girlfriend left him for his... ex girlfriend.
Especially after watching his buffoon younger brother get married to Opal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom