• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veelk

Banned
I'm watching a play through because I'm curious enough to want to know what happens but I don't care enough to buy a PS4 or wait until I get one. I'm halfway through and they surprising managed to build a somewhat interesting world here, but the game play is standard tps without any real innovation and you can guess the story beats from a mile away, blindfolded.

orochi91

I'm thinking of rewatching all of LoK now, but I need to finish Fate Zero as well D:

I assume its because of the impending fallout with The Order :p

Instead i'll be check up on it, i'll tell you how it went

Yea, I'm also staying away from the gaming side.

The Order aftermath is gonna get ugly, unless it reviews really well!

orochi91

if you liked fate/zero you should really watch madoka magicka.

Madoka Magica is amazing.

Studio SHAFT produces some of the best anime in the world; Monogatari Series and Zetsubou Sensei are phenomenal.

I wish they would do a Senien version of Naruto.

Hell, I'd like to see their take on Lok/ATLA lol

#UnalaqWasRight

As with all LoK villains, they were right to an extent, but extreme in their execution.

Madoka Magica is amazing.

Studio SHAFT produces some of the best anime in the world; Monogatari Series and Zetsubou Sensei are phenomenal.

I wish they would do a Senien version of Naruto.

Hell, I'd like to see their take on Lok/ATLA lol

As with all LoK villains, they were right to an extent, but extreme in their execution.
I was just joking. Unalaq was a megalomaniacal, lying sack of shit who would kill his own family to grab power.

Daemul

TBF the time is what makes me wonder otherwise as well so i guess?.

If that's actually real then i will continue to ignore it/not take anything said seriously because its fucking insane for a shitty character (hamstrung massively by wasted fucking potential) but hey

Come on now, Toa is a Kuviras biggest fan, despite her wasted potential. He can see the good in her when the rest of us can't :p

I'm watching a play through because I'm curious enough to want to know what happens but I don't care enough to buy a PS4 or wait until I get one. I'm halfway through and they surprising managed to build a somewhat interesting world here, but the game play is standard tps without any real innovation and you can guess the story beats from a mile away, blindfolded.
Sounds like it's not even worth using my $15 gamestop gift car on. Whelp, least there's still Far Cry 4 and Persona 3 for me to play this weekend.

Got my money's worth (I was never buying the game) out of the Order from the review thread alone.
All I needed to see was this, I'm dying here:
ERNMmGq.gif

c279fb3ce0.gif

Toa TAK

Banned
There's a severe lack of respect in this thread towards the OP and The Great Uniter.
tumblr_nf6wq7V3ib1ths8nao6_500.gif

Well, I don't disagree, but there is still a bit of magic in finding things out for yourself. But if you want a tiny preview of the epicness to come... at one point
Dresden uses necromancy to reanimate a T-rex and rides it into battle
. Name something more epically awesome than that. Wait, don't bother, because you can't.
I don't own a PS4 so I'll never play this but:
does it have feathers?

Daemul

Got my money's worth (I was never buying the game) out of the Order from the review thread alone.

I'm exclusively an Xbox guy, but I feel so bad for The Order and it's devs. The game has been shat upon since it was first revealed and the horrific reviews are just the culmination of that. Hopefully it sells well enough for the devs to get a second chance with a sequel.

I'm exclusively an Xbox guy, but I feel so bad for The Order and it's devs. The game has been shat upon since it was first revealed and the horrific reviews are just the culmination of that. Hopefully it sells well enough for the devs to get a second chance with a sequel.
Ready at Dawn is famous for making PSP God of War games, I had a feeling something would be off when they had to sit down plan their own world and work on gameplay that wasn't already designed for them. The gameplay looks great from a graphics point of view, but the game play they showed off never really wowed me. I couldn't jump on that hype train ever so no skin off my ass with that one. Now my next new game will be Bloodborne, that should disappoint at all. But yeah hopefully Ready At Dawn can still exist after this game. The God of War games they made were good, but man hopefully they don't close up shop after this.
There's a severe lack of respect in this thread towards the OP and The Great Uniter.
tumblr_nf6wq7V3ib1ths8nao6_500.gif
Stop acting like we don't love Kuvira.

Veelk

Banned
I don't own a PS4 so I'll never play this but:
does it have feathers?
I'm talking about a book series. The Order wishes it was a tenth as awesome as the Dresden files. And to answer your question,
it's a zombie. It's skin is patchy at best.

Toa TAK

Banned
I'm talking about a book series. The order wishes it was a tenth as awesome as the Dresden files. And to answer your question,
it's a zombie. It's skin is patchy at best.

Damn my skimming skills.

And lol @ the Order frenzy. I knew that game couldn't have been all that if the trailers showed that little gameplay.

Sucks to see that everyone's suspicions regarding The Order were true.

Oh well. I just bought Middle Earth:SoM, Diablo 3, and Tomb Raider on the PSN sale. Hopefully those can hold me over until Bloodborne and the Witcher.

Sucks to see that everyone's suspicions regarding The Order were true.

Oh well. I just bought Middle Earth:SoM, Diablo 3, and Tomb Raider on the PSN sale. Hopefully those can hold me over until Bloodborne and the Witcher.
I'll be playing Far Cry 4 and Persona 3 for a bit. I'll be fine waiting for Bloodborne.
the moment you search the korvira tag on tumblr and Rin's pic is #1 most popular at the moment

ray_yes.gif
We won, the ship is gaining power.

I'm guessing the linked is the sequel to that Suvira gif posted a few times.
More like another advance. Kuvira knows what Su likes. Hilarious part is that Su eventually just gets seduced into shit either way. I mean you can fight her off, run away and toss her out of your city, but nope, still part of her personal guard.

Jacob

No need to split the community. We'll hash this out tomorrow.

I certainly don't want to split the community but if there is still interest in an organized rewatch of ATLA as had been discussed previously I'd love to see that happen. Especially with the 10th anniversary in two days, it feels like the right time to me. Plus I think the anniversary deserves to be marked with a thread in OT which stands a greater chance of being noticed by more casual fans of the show and maybe attracting new people.

We won, the ship is gaining power.

We've made it :p

Yes, our head canons out here feeding the masses.

Feenix will at least enjoy this:
http://shortsista.tumblr.com/

Ironically, I was looking for Suvira pics via Google and I found this pic but it was cropped to show only Kuvira, I was looking for the whole thing and I gave up finding it until you just linked it to me. And yes, I do like it.

More like another advance. Kuvira knows what Su likes. Hilarious part is that Su eventually just gets seduced into shit either way. I mean you can fight her off, run away and toss her out of your city, but nope, still part of her personal guard.

Almost every Suvira fic I've read goes that way. There's this one I'm reading where they started getting reckless with their affair, and ended up doing the thing with the windows wide open and lo and behold... they got caught by Opal.

Opal catching Kuvira with her pants down seems to be a trend in the fics I'm reading, there's another one where Kuvira and her dance partner were.... Owlering, and Opal just happened to walk in at a bad time.

Daemul

Just watched The Mentalist finale, and now that's two of my favourite shows in the space of two months which have ended(LoK and The Mentalist). Thank fuck Vikings and House of Cards are coming soon, because this shit sucks.

Yes, our head canons out here feeding the masses.

Ironically, I was looking for Suvira pics via Google and I found this pic but it was cropped to show only Kuvira, I was looking for the whole thing and I gave up finding it until you just linked it to me. And yes, I do like it.

Almost every Suvira fic I've read goes that way. There's this one I'm reading where they started getting reckless with their affair, and ended up doing the thing with the windows wide open and lo and behold... they got caught by Opal.

Opal catching Kuvira with her pants down seems to be a trend in the fics I'm reading, there's another one where Kuvira and her dance partner were.... Owlering, and Opal just happened to walk in at a bad time.
Almost sounds like Opal is looking for these situations on purpose. Explains the Kuvopal shipping then. I mean Opal has no sisters so I guess she would speak to Kuvira about things. I'm kind of pissed that they never really had the family interacting with Kuvira on the show. Would've made for some interesting conversations during the fourth season.

Trey

I certainly don't want to split the community but if there is still interest in an organized rewatch of ATLA as had been discussed previously I'd love to see that happen. Especially with the 10th anniversary in two days, it feels like the right time to me. Plus I think the anniversary deserves to be marked with a thread in OT which stands a greater chance of being noticed by more casual fans of the show and maybe attracting new people.

The mods ain't gonna let us create a rewatch thread in the OT. Best case scenario I think would be to create the Avatar community thread, and let althazor or whatever make his own independent LTTP Korra thread in OT.

Almost sounds like Opal is looking for these situations on purpose. Explains the Kuvopal shipping then. I mean Opal has no sisters so I guess she would speak to Kuvira about things. I'm kind of pissed that they never really had the family interacting with Kuvira on the show. Would've made for some interesting conversations during the fourth season.

The second one was from a Kuvopal shipping fic.

Annnnd, Rin-trash dropped another pic. She wanted to draw Kuvira on a horse, but then somehow ended up turning her into a centaur.

Still her #1 stan tho, that's why I even mentioned it.... lol

The second one was from a Kuvopal shipping fic.

Annnnd, Rin-trash dropped another pic. She wanted to draw Kuvira on a horse, but then somehow ended up turning her into a centaur.

Still her #1 stan tho, that's why I even mentioned it.... lol
Kuvira Centaur vs Hercules. It's the only logical next step...or Kratos.

Daemul

The mods ain't gonna let us create a rewatch thread in the OT. Best case scenario I think would be to create the Avatar community thread, and let althazor or whatever make his own independent LTTP Korra thread in OT.

Maybe a rewatch thread would give Omikaru the kick up the bum to finish up with the Community Thread lol

Jacob

Thanks for the info. I think your suggestion makes sense. I don't want to tread on anyone's toes but if I'd be happy to put together some text for the OP of a new AvatarGAF community thread if Omikaru and Azula aren't able to at this point. I've been in touch with Kinvara and she has some good graphics for such a post.

Would people in this thread still be interested in doing a rewatch of ATLA and/or Korra, though? I don't know if trying to do a rewatch in the community thread would be too messy alongside all the other posts that are made here.

Trey

Maybe a rewatch thread would give Omikaru the kick up the bum to finish up with the Community Thread lol

Thanks for the info. I think your suggestion makes sense. I don't want to tread on anyone's toes but if I'd be happy to put together some text for the OP of a new AvatarGAF community thread. I've been in touch with Kinvara and she has some good graphics for such a post.

Would people in this thread still be interested in doing a rewatch of ATLA and/or Korra, though?

Yeah, it was what we were expecting Azula and Omi to do with the next community thread. This OT was supposed to be temporary until one of them got the community thread up, in which case we'd start the rewatch. You or anyone can start the thread, but we should probably put our heads together as a community and agree to a rewatch schedule (and some general rules) before it goes up.

Jacob

Certainly, I would want to make sure everyone here was on board. I've been brainstorming but I don't just want to go off on my own.

Also, I just checked and TolkienGAF's community re-read of The Silmarillion last year was in OT so I'd think we could do something similar. Unless policies have changed on this front? They had the re-read thread running parallel to the thread in community.

Trey

Shouta gave this thread a two week grace period in the OT before moving us into Community. Seeing as a rewatch thread would be a completely community driven venture, I only assumed it would fit the same guidelines of a regular OT, but I suppose we could contact a mod for clarification. I don't think it's necessary to split the rewatch discussion away from the general community thread. That's just my opinion, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom