• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daemul

Fire_Nation_Propaganda_Poster_by_NoNamesavail.jpg

Fire Nation for life!

Whew thanks, I had to cleanse that sight out of my system. I'm tempted to go on tumblr and just make a post saying "Fuck Baavira" and see how many people catch feelings
I'm still shocked that's shipped as much as it is. The Linvira one cracks me up, but at least we could assume that Lin would treat Kuvira better than Su. They would probably just wake up every morning going, "Fuck Suyin Beifong. That bitch scarred my face." "Well that bitch scarred my heart."

I'm still shocked that's shipped as much as it is. The Linvira one cracks me up, but at least we could assume that Lin would treat Kuvira better than Su. They would probably just wake up every morning going, "Fuck Suyin Beifong. That bitch scarred my face." "Well that bitch scarred my heart."
Hmm, a love born out of a mutual hate of Suyin,I'll ship it!!

This shit is hysterical, on another forum I frequent there's a guy with a Korra avatar. They are talking about something completely unrelated and one guy says... I like the show in your avi, but I felt the ending was forced.

Next thing you know, dead smack in the middle of a sports forum there's a Korrasami brawl happening.

Those two aren't even wrong for each other. Kuvira would've made an excellent cop under Lin in my opinion.

Lin is the black sheep of the Beifong family in that she probably be a good parent. Didn't brood any o'course because fools learn from their mistakes, but the wise learn from history.

Lin is the black sheep of the Beifong family in that she probably be a good parent. Didn't brood any o'course because fools learn from their mistakes, but the wise learn from history.
I actually think Lin would've paid attention to her and would've helped her stay on the straight and narrow. They both seem to have a sense of justice, Kuvira's is a bit warped but Lin would've kept her ass in check. Su just didn't seem to pay that much attention to her and doesn't even realize that Kuvira was definitely influenced by her.
This shit is hysterical, on another forum I frequent there's a guy with a Korra avatar. They are talking about something completely unrelated and one guy says... I like the show in your avi, but I felt the ending was forced.

Next thing you know, dead smack in the middle of a sports forum there's a Korrasami brawl happening.
Dat Borg Collective. No forum is safe.

Did they use tumblr analyse to support their arguments and or aligment? If so, you know that shit went to the deeper end of the deep end.

Dat Borg Collective. No forum is safe.

Did they use tumblr analyse to support their arguments and or aligment? If so, you know that shit went to the deeper end of the deep end.

lmao... they started linking to Bryke's blogs on tumblr and shit. Then you have people peeping in like "what are you guys talking about?!?!" (rightly so, we talk about sports, lmao)

Then you have me putting my two cents in... "Korvira is life, Korvira is love, Korvira is Power!!!!"

lmao... they started linking to Bryke's blogs on tumblr and shit. Then you have people peeping in like "what are you guys talking about?!?!" (rightly so, we talk about sports, lmao)

Then you have me putting my two cents in... "Korvira is life, Korvira is love, Korvira is Power!!!!"
Korvira actually have shit in common with each other. Those two would make great sparring partners and then have sex after training. Don't get me wrong Asami would hold the heavy bag for Korra, but Kuvira would throw some gloves on and be like, "Come at me Avatar."

Heh, are they posting pics at this point or somethin?
Vaguely on topic. Or cause lesbians brah,
tumblr_ni8j64tTm01rz7su3o1_r1_250.gif

Daemul

The exact same thing happened in a sports forum I frequent. A couple of guys in the forum watch anime, so one day, when we had the chatbox open for the New Years day football(soccer), they brought up Kill la Kill, and the topic than devolved into a discussion about lesbians in animated shows, which inevitably led to the LoK finale being brought up.

Now, before this happened, I always thought I was the only person on the forum who watched LoK, since no one else talked about it in the TV show section of the forum, but when the discussion turned to Korrasami, all the rest of the LoK watchers came out of the closet, chaos erupted and the shipping wars began lol

It was Korrasami vs Makorra, Makorra vs Masami, Korrasami vs Masami, and those those who didn't want the show to end up with any sort of romance at all stuck in between. The forum is not moderated like NeoGAF, so shit got really intense lol, the mods eventually had to close down the entire chatbox prematurely because it was getting so heated and no one was focusing on the football anymore lol

The shipping curse struck us hard lol

Heh, are they posting pics at this point or somethin?

Vaguely on topic. Or cause lesbians brah,
tumblr_ni8j64tTm01rz7su3o1_r1_250.gif

dzsa7KL.png

yea, but not the type that gets posted in here, but rather the type that gets sent between myself and Jaded

"Like, how can you be against this bruh??!!!"

*proceeds to post one of Owlers finest*

It's probably where I get it from, before I joined this forum I was MUCH worse on that front... lol

Haha yeah, same for me. Like I said above, the sport forum I go on isn't moderated like GAF, we can get away with posting very dodgy ass pics, which would get us a ban if we ever posted them on GAF. We even have a specific thread devoted to just posting pictures of barely dressed women, a thread which I visit numerous times a day mind you.

dzsa7KL.png

Though to be fair, there's a thread for the female members of our forum to post pictures of barely dressed men, so there's true equality! :p

When I first joined GAF, I had to pretty much reign myself in on numerous fronts, because I was so used to saying and doing shit on other forums which wouldn't be deemed acceptable on GAF. It is actually sometimes surreal to switch over from GAF to one of my sports forums, and just see the sudden change in language that people are using, shit that would get them permed if they ever used it on GAF lol

GAF is very unique from most other forums on the internet tbh, it's the first, and only, forum I've ever been a member of, where homophobic and transphobic slurs are not allowed, and where you can't use the word "rape", as a metaphor for beating giving someone a beatdown in FIFA, that shit is rampant on the other forums I visit lol.

Oh yea , me here vs. me on other forums, two different people.

Not saying I'm like the stereotypical Internet troll or anything, I just don't have a filter outside of here.

Hamlet

Some info from the Book 4 commentaries are starting to come out.

• Fire Lord Izumi has a daughter (who's General Iroh II's sister) and Bryke almost put her in a relationship with Mako.
  • Prince Wu was studying at Republic City University. He's a distant relative of the queen; way down on the chain of succession.
  • Kuvira's personality is introduced through how she fights.
  • Even though Kuvira is powerful, she's very efficient and controlled.
  • Bryke had the idea for the Metal Clan before Korra. They tried to include it in the first two books but were unable.
  • Bryke planned Kuvira before Book 4, so they led her in from Book 3.
  • The voice actor for Kai had to re-record all of his lines AFTER animation was done b/c his voice changed when he needed to re-record lines.
  • Kuvira's mecha suits are Varrick's updated versions of Hiroshi's mecha suits.
  • Nickelodeon was worried that Book 4 jumped around in time too much, so Bryke made the time jumps as obvious as possible.
  • Bryke had bigger plans for the Fire Lord in Book 4, but they couldn't include her as much as they wanted b/c there were too many characters.
https://twitter.com/LegendofKorraWp

• Fire Lord Izumi has a daughter (who's General Iroh II's sister) and Bryke almost put her in a relationship with Mako.
  • Prince Wu was studying at Republic City University. He's a distant relative of the queen; way down on the chain of succession.
  • Bryke had the idea for the Metal Clan before Korra. They tried to include it in the first two books but were unable.
  • The voice actor for Kai had to re-record all of his lines AFTER animation was done b/c his voice changed when he needed to re-record lines.
  • Nickelodeon was worried that Book 4 jumped around in time too much, so Bryke made the time jumps as obvious as possible.
  • Bryke had bigger plans for the Fire Lord in Book 4, but they couldn't include her as much as they wanted b/c there were too many characters.
With how they ended Mako's character they should have. Dude's holding an L that could pierce the heavens.

Hamlet

tumblr_nkgfwibmmG1rptk5lo1_1280.jpg

Here it is, the original of the first drawing I did in what would become the Avatar universe, featuring cyclops robot monkey Momo, sci-fi Aang, and bipedal Naga. They all had arrows on their heads. I didn’t know who any of them were, or what any of it meant. I was just exploring it all on paper. I did know that I liked this mystery kid’s spirit and I wanted to know more about him.

This thing is just under thirteen years old! You never know how a single drawing will change the course of your life, and the lives of many other people. I guess the lesson here is to just keep drawing, and follow the characters on the page wherever they may take you.

Bryan

For some odd reason bi pedal Naga has always cracked me up. It's not a bad design, I just find it funny or interesting that he remembered to revisit that design for use in Korra. Momo works better as a flying Lemur so thank god they changed it. I really do like the evolution of Aang's design as well. When they decided to give the show a more Eastern vibe it must have really helped to nail down the art style direction in terms of wardrobe.

Hamlet

For some odd reason bi pedal Naga has always cracked me up. It's not a bad design, I just find it funny or interesting that he remembered to revisit that design for use in Korra. Momo works better as a flying Lemur so thank god they changed it. I really do like the evolution of Aang's design as well. When they decided to give the show a more Eastern vibe it must have really helped to nail down the art style direction in terms of wardrobe.

Yeah it's quite interesting seeing the early more scifi designs. That Zuko one ha. I wonder if they'll go back to that scifi feel they originally had in mind for avatar with what ever new show they do next.

Yeah it's quite interesting seeing the early more scifi designs. That Zuko one ha. I wonder if they'll go back to that scifi feel they originally had in mind for avatar with what ever new show they do next.
I hope they do, though I will admit their original designs kind of remind me of that game Enslaved from a few years back. I need a refresher on what concept art Zuko looked like. I know Azula was a guy in samurai armor if I'm not mistaken.

Jacob

I always thought it was kind of funny that the opening sequence of the show always used the Boulder as the earthbender at the very beginning since that was originally the idea they had in mind for Toph. Thank you based Aaron Ehasz for coming up with that change.

Hamlet

I hope they do, though I will admit their original designs kind of remind me of that game Enslaved from a few years back. I need a refresher on what concept art Zuko looked like. I know Azula was a guy in samurai armor if I'm not mistaken.

Early concept Zuko
I wouldn't mind an Enslaved type show. Really liked that game. Then again they might go ahead and finally create that Peanuts meets FLCL show they originally pitched to Nick. Curious to see what that would be like.

Too many characters? No, really?!

that's a got damn cheat, it's like the Jordan-era Chicago Bulls vs a whole bunch of D-league scrubs.

A combustion bender, a lava bender, and a woman who can water bend without arms.... yea, their trophy case gonna look like

Spurs-trophies20090312.jpg
The matches would just be the funniest things imaginable. They steamrolled the fuck out of Bolin and Mako with just Ghazan and Ming Hua adding P'Li to that would be fucking over kill. I'd still like to see a probending team consisting of Kuvira, Korra and P'Li god damn that' equally over powered as far as I'm concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom