• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are sick.
code_geass_season_1_lelouch_evil_forum_signature_g_by_amaturemanga-d5cojzl.gif

Flandy

Look what just arrived in the mail :)
Apparently it comes with a poster :lol
B_w2saAVAAAV6FR.jpg
B_w2saCUcAEew0x.jpg

Collection is now complete :)
B_w2saDUYAA0KfG.jpg

It bothers me that my copy of book 1 didn't come with a cover for some reason >__>

Uh oh... people got their DVD/blu rays. Talk to us plebians!! Tell us what they say!!!

(Please, we've been talking about the same 5 things for three months now)

hahahahahaha

Hahahahahahahhahahaha

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAAA!

I should put a copy of The Last Airbender in there as a trap.
What? Where? When? Why? How?
Look what just arrived in the mail :)
Apparently it comes with a poster :lol
B_w2saAVAAAV6FR.jpg
B_w2saCUcAEew0x.jpg

Collection is now complete :)
B_w2saDUYAA0KfG.jpg

It bothers me that my copy of book 1 didn't come with a cover for some reason >__>
Eeeeew take those stickers off

Flandy

Alright about to boot up disc 2 and check out the last 5 minutes of the finales audio commentary. I'm sure you're all very eager to know what they say

edit: lol they didn't really say anything.
Bryan said that he likes to imagine that Asami lied to Tenzin about Varrick wanting to ride around with air gliders.
Said that Asami and Korra never really took out their frustration over Mako on eachother.
Friendship developed into something more. Bryan or Mike (not sure which) interjects and says "love"
Wanted Asami to go into the Spirit world since she never got to go. Thought this would be a nice way for her and Korra to go together and "live happily"

unfortunately neither Asami or Korras VAs did commentary for the last episode :(

Toa TAK

Banned
Alright about to boot up disc 2 and check out the last 5 minutes of the finales audio commentary. I'm sure you're all very eager to know what they say

edit: lol they didn't really say anything.
Bryan said that he likes to imagine that Asami lied to Tenzin about Varrick wanting to ride around with air gliders.
Said that Asami and Korra never really took out their frustration over Mako on eachother.
Friendship developed into something more. Bryan or Mike (not sure which) interjects and says "love"
Wanted Asami to go into the Spirit world since she never got to go. Thought this would be a nice way for her and Korra to go together and "live happily"

unfortunately neither Asami or Korras VAs did commentary for the last episode :(

Soooooo..... Nothing new?

And of course Asami lied. We all saw right through it.

Which episodes have the commentaries?

Flandy

Soooooo..... Nothing new?

And of course Asami lied. We all saw right through it.

Which episodes have the commentaries?

All of them on the BD have audio commentaries. For some reason the box says theres only 9 of them though

In Reunion they point out that the magazine that Asami was reading was originally supposed to be a fashion magazine with Ginger (Actress from Book 2) on it. That kind of rubbed them the wrong way though so they changed it to an engineering magazine with the ad on the back being a Future Industries ad calling out to women to join the company

Baavira shippers just went Super Saiyan 4 on tumblr, apparently Kuvira actually loved Baatar and wasn't using him.

No better way to declare your love than shooting your fiancé in the face with a pink kamehameha wave

Bryke doesn't even like him though so that's something

Baavira shippers just went Super Saiyan 4 on tumblr, apparently Kuvira actually loved Baatar and wasn't using him.

No better way to declare your love than shooting your fiancé in the face with a pink kamehameha wave

Bryke doesn't even like him though so that's something
Still can't believe Baavira shippers are that fucking adamant. We all know where the real heat is with Kuvira.

Flandy

Oh phew! That's a relief.

Did Kuvira get proper characterization?
Edit: it came!!!

I think I understand now. Think the back of the box actually meant that the BD has 9 commentaries exclusive to it. So if you got the dvd it would only have 4. Nothing new to report about the commentaries because I had to leave for class shortly after I made my last post. Any requests on what episodes commentary to listen to once I get back?

And everything she did she sounded like she was forcing it out of her mouth.
"This mouth is too sexy for that name to pass through these lips." "The fucks that fools name?" *Looks at the palm of her hand* "baa...baaattttaar...yeah that's right Bataar." "Fetch me my damn slippers fool...I mean Bataar."

Hamlet

Korra Book 4 Blu-ray Commentary Highlights
Heaps in the link

• Bryan says they designed gaunt Hiroshi and he happened to look similar to Miyazaki, so they went with it
  • Bryan says Kuvira’s army’s haircut is based on his.
  • Mike says Kuvira covered up the Toph statue in Zaofu.
  • Bryan says at the end of the Mako segment (Clip episode), Mako has matured and doesn’t see Korra as a love interest anymore, but as a person.
  • Seychelle: “Originally the way I remembered Asami’s name was because it sounded like salami.”
  • Bryan says Baatar’s canon was completely based on a Nazi canon during WW2, nicknamed “Dora”.
  • Mike says he thinks Kuvira really does love Baatar and that this was a tough decision for her.
  • Bryan on the Mako and Korra scene: “This is kinda the wrap-up of Mako and Korra’s relationship and I think it ties back to the clips episode where at the end of the day Mako is just really inspired by Korra and I think he really respects her and its not like oh that’s my ex-girlfriend or that’s my friend, he really admires Korra for who she is and it doesn’t need to be in the dynamic of a relationship. I think for me he still loves her and he’s always going to carry a torch for her, but he’s gonna move on and be a better person for knowing her and probably have a much better relationship next time.”

Toa TAK

Banned
Even Bryke doesn't like Baatar Jr. They also like to ship in their own show confirmed.

But they never said which one out of Korrasami would have the baby. Or why Kuvira's character was so underdeveloped.

Daemul

I actually wouldn't have minded Bolin and Zhu Li getting together. Opal is a Beifong and Varrick is a dick, Bolin and Zhu Li deserve better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom