• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, he killed
Ace
though considering that Sabo is around, I wondered why he did so
I'm not spoiler tagging OP. If anyone wants to jump into it, props to you, because that series has a Great Wall of China-level barrier of entry to climb in order to get in. You'll probably forget whatever it is I spoiled by the time you get there.

Sabo was not even conceivably in the realm of dead, and those who thought so were oblivious and should feel bad for thinking so. I honestly can't believe that there was such an argument within the OP fandom that was as mundane as that. "Is Sabo dead or alive?" more like "Why is this a fucking question?" It's so obvious he was alive. Dragon met him earlier, then an explosion happens, Dragon's crew pulls someone aboard, Dragon says they'll heal him and Dragon says he knows him.

Let's see, Sabo must be dead and this must be a mystery character! Look at Oda's track record, people: It's. Not. Happening.

Ace and WB met theirs, and WB met his like a goddamn hoss. Thing is, they always came off as super weird choices to me. Like, why? Granted WB's was to make a statement of "the world is changing and we're entering a new era" and Ace's was to make a huge impact on both Luffy and the state of the world.

Still, Oda needs to learn how to kill characters. I'm betting that not a single person has actually died during Dressrosa yet. I haven't read OP for at least 4 weeks. At LEAST.

16781415935_ac838be114_c.jpg
This pic confirms that Mako is both a necrophiliac and a pedophile, you got some strange ass fetishes Mako.

360pages

I'm not spoiler tagging OP. If anyone wants to jump into it, props to you, because that series has a Great Wall of China-level barrier of entry to climb in order to get in. You'll probably forget whatever it is I spoiled by the time you get there.

Sabo was not even conceivably in the realm of dead, and those who thought so were oblivious and should feel bad for thinking so. I honestly can't believe that there was such an argument within the OP fandom that was as mundane as that. "Is Sabo dead or alive?" more like "Why is this a fucking question?" It's so obvious he was alive. Dragon met him earlier, then an explosion happens, Dragon's crew pulls someone aboard, Dragon says they'll heal him and Dragon says he knows him.

Let's see, Sabo must be dead and this must be a mystery character! Look at Oda's track record, people: It's. Not. Happening.

Ace and WB met theirs, and WB met his like a goddamn hoss. Thing is, they always came off as super weird choices to me. Like, why? Granted WB's was to make a statement of "the world is changing and we're entering a new era" and Ace's was to make a huge impact on both Luffy and the state of the world.

Still, Oda needs to learn how to kill characters. I'm betting that not a single person has actually died during Dressrosa yet. I haven't read OP for at least 4 weeks. At LEAST.

They tried to make Law look dead...but I doubt he is. Ace dying was also super weird, since it seemed his character actually still had a lot of room to grow.

They tried to make Law look dead...but I doubt he is. Ace dying was also super weird, since it seemed his character actually still had a lot of room to grow.

His death wasn't about him though, it was about Luffy. We're not supposed to be caring about Ace's death because of Ace, it's because of the impact it made on Luffy.
Now, granted, to that end his death worked, but it's also why his Mera Mera no Mi is the only Devil Fruit we've seen given to another person. His death is all about those around him and his legacy.

Ace was a Woman in a Refrigerator.

360pages

His death wasn't about him though, it was about Luffy. We're not supposed to be caring about Ace's death because of Ace, it's because of the impact it made on Luffy.
Now, granted, to that end his death worked, but it's also why his Mera Mera no Mi is the only Devil Fruit we've seen given to another person. His death is all about those around him and his legacy.

Ace was a Woman in a Refrigerator.

True, I don't mind Ace dying honestly. Since characters did grow and it did kick off the 2 year time skip.

Toa TAK

Banned
Those are terrible. And I'm pretty sure she also smiles in that scene as well. It isn't all awkward strained faces with The Great Uniter.

Daemul

I see Jaded got a new avatar, maybe I should do the same.,,..nah, keeping the same avatar for ages makes you more recognisable.

I see Jaded got a new avatar, maybe I should do the same.,,..nah, keeping the same avatar for ages makes you more recognisable.
And I made it myself. Sometimes I need a change, I get tired of looking at the same thing all the time, though Satsuki fit perfectly.

You have to love how Korra is not only the first metal bending avatar, but she becomes one of the best metal benders in the world in a few years, most of which she spend with poisonous metal in her blood.
I've always found Korra's bending to be all power and not enough technique or creativity. I think she fought and beaten a lot of benders technically better than her but they lack the strength or endurance to beat her. In fact she's lost most of her fights minus Zaheer due to numerous handicaps placed on her.

Toa TAK

Banned
You have to love how Korra is not only the first metal bending avatar, but she becomes one of the best metal benders in the world in a few years, most of which she spend with poisonous metal in her blood.
I love that gif due to how empowering that pose is when she throws back the liquid metal. That and the way she splits it is cool, too.
Why is Toa TAK in constant denial about his waifu
You guys just don't get her like I do.

That's not true. Unlike Ozai, she did everything out of the live for her people.

Ozai was just a dick.
Ozai was a dick and a shit ass parent. I can't see Kuvira being a shit ass parent. Ozai inherited his cause from Sozin and Azulon. Kuvira took up her cause to attempt to better the lives of her people and due to crippling abandonment issues.

Kurvia is the worst monster since Fire Lord Ozai

Nah son, the worst monster since Ozai was the Earth Queen. Ozai may killed thousands, perhaps millions under his reign. But the Earth Queen killed and ate a fuckin bear. A bear with a goddamn name. So I think we all know who was the real monster in this franchise was. It hell aint Kurvia.

What did Kurvia do? Stabilized the lands of the former Earth Kingdom. Decreased unemployment. Gave the people of the Earth Kingdom something to rally behind. A chance at righting the wrongs of the past. And aimed and fired a cannon at Bataar Jr. She was a goddamn hero the people needed. Sure as hell wasn't the Avatar, a product of the upper crust of the world stage. Naturally such a entity was not able to commune with the people. As such the Avatar has no right to speak for the people. Especially if it is against the will of the people and their best interest.

Flandy

Nah son, the worst monster since Ozai was the Earth Queen. Ozai may killed thousands, perhaps millions under his reign. But the Earth Queen killed and ate a fuckin bear. A bear with a goddamn name. So I think we all know who was the real monster in this franchise was. It hell aint Kurvia.

What did Kurvia do? Stabilized the lands of the former Earth Kingdom. Decreased unemployment. Gave the people of the Earth Kingdom something to rally behind. A chance at righting the wrongs of the past. And aimed and fired a cannon at Bataar Jr. She was a goddamn hero the people needed. Sure as hell wasn't the Avatar, a product of the upper crust of the world stage. Naturally such a entity was not able to commune with the people. As such the Avatar has no right to speak for the people. Especially if it is against the will of the people and their best interest.

She killed Asamis dad. She deserves the worst hell imaginable for giving poor old Asami more shit on her shoulders ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom