• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamlet

Asami's dad was going to die in prison any way, she just hastened the process.

She did the old man a favor, some just don't see it that way.

tumblr_mwe8r4H5gL1s8lt90o2_r1_500.gif

100 talk:

So they just had to kill that black dude off huh?!?! See!! See, that's why I don't trust little white children Bruh because of shit like that!! Damn show pissing me thee fuck off already. Come the fuck on!!!

Edit - and they just let a guy pee on another black dude because he asked for water. Fuck this show man, smh

Nvm, that guy just got rekt, this show is cool again.

Yall better fuck that little girl up tho

/rant

Damn it Hamlet

Fyi, nice to see Bryan posting stuff.

-Deimos

100 talk:

So they just had to kill that black dude off huh?!?! See!! See, that's why I don't trust little white children Bruh because of shit like that!! Damn show pissing me thee fuck off already. Come the fuck on!!!

Edit - and they just let a guy pee on another black dude because he asked for water. Fuck this show man, smh

Nvm, that guy just got rekt, this show is cool again.

Yall better fuck that little girl up tho

/rant

Damn it Hamlet

Fyi, nice to see Bryan posting stuff.

That death hit me hard, man. Never trust little girls, they're fucking demons.

You have to love how Korra is not only the first metal bending avatar, but she becomes one of the best metal benders in the world in a few years, most of which she spend with poisonous metal in her blood.
It is pretty cool, but I wouldn't call her "the best." Toph basically told her the best way to get the metal out was for Korra to do it herself as opposed to Toph doing it for her. Bending meteors isn't really special, because Su stated that meteors are far easier to bend than actual metal.
I've always found Korra's bending to be all power and not enough technique or creativity. I think she fought and beaten a lot of benders technically better than her but they lack the strength or endurance to beat her. In fact she's lost most of her fights minus Zaheer due to numerous handicaps placed on her.
Korra is also a physical monster. She's a strong bender by default, but her physical strength is immense. I've point out before how she is probably the most physical bender in the Avatarverse that we see, given how she blends bending with direct attacks.
Nah son, the worst monster since Ozai was the Earth Queen. Ozai may killed thousands, perhaps millions under his reign. But the Earth Queen killed and ate a fuckin bear. A bear with a goddamn name. So I think we all know who was the real monster in this franchise was. It hell aint Kurvia.

Hold. The Fucking. Phone.

The Earth Queen ate Bosco? When the fuck did this get brought up?

Also I do want to point out that I think it would have been cool if Kuvira had been the Earth Queen's daughter or some such. Given that Kuvira is literally carrying out the Queen's original plan (minus the airbending army).

Jacob

Hold. The Fucking. Phone.

The Earth Queen ate Bosco? When the fuck did this get brought up?

http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Transcript:Original_Airbenders

JINORA: How can you steal these bison. They're endangered.
GANBAT: Well, that's why they're worth so much. The Earth Queen and her fancy friends pay big money for bison steaks and other rare meats. I even heard she ate her dad's pet bear.

That scene made me more emotional than any other in TLOK. :(

Man I want to slap the pure dog shit outta some of these people argh!!! I swear, if I I ever get trapped with these people on a post apocalyptic earth I'm snitching!! Let everyone kill us! Idgaf!!

And I can't stop watching it....

And of course the other brotha gets killed off. Leave it up to the dudes with melanin get killed off by members of their own fuckin squad rather than the enemy that's chopping them down.

Someone please tell me this show gets better with how it treats minorities because this shit is about to get tossed in the bushes real quick.

-Deimos

And of course the other brotha gets killed off. Leave it up to the dudes with melanin get killed off by members of their own fuckin squad rather than the enemy that's chopping them down.

Someone please tell me this show gets better with how it treats minorities because this shit is about to get tossed in the bushes real quick.

Who?

The show has a pretty diverse cast, too. At least more than most other shows.

Korra is also a physical monster. She's a strong bender by default, but her physical strength is immense. I've point out before how she is probably the most physical bender in the Avatarverse that we see, given how she blends bending with direct attacks.
She's a strong bender, which I stated, she's just technically not the best technique wise. She's like a Street Fighter player that Hadokens their way through fights. Her physical prowess is the reason why she's so deadly. Aang wasn't the best earth, fire or water bender, but he was a master class airbender and it showed. Korra doesn't really seem like the best any bender in Korra, she's just the strongest bender. She's not even a better or at least more creative water bender than Ming Hua, but she'd probably brute force her way through that fight. She's like mid tier tops in her bending elements technique wise.

Hamlet

Yes it gets better.
Both Jaha and Lincoln become main/major characters as it progresses. Plus Jaha is one of the real heroes for season 1
Who?

The show has a pretty diverse cast, too. At least more than most other shows.
Yeah I think it does a decent job compared to other shows out there. Monty deserves more of the spotlight though.
The hell are you guys even talking about in here. Sure as hell doesn't seem like Korra
The 100 and funnily enough it seems to do quite a few things similar to Korra recently.

Well, I stopped at after episode 10 so the last thing I saw when that dude getting smothered in his sleep. If you guys say so I'll continue ( I was anyway even though this show has been doing nothing but pissing me off)

When the whole love triangle business started, I shit you not and said "ugh.... not this shit again" lmao

And Flandy, this is what happens in post finale KorraGAF. We talk about random stuff and unite in our undying hatred for Suyin Beifong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom