• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asami done hit Suyin levels of aint shitness. Just throwing poor Kuvira under the bus.
Even Suyin had more screen time than Asami. Asami was just that character that had potential, but almost forgot she even existed.
How often do you guys post on gaming side? I feel like I rarely see you guys there. I just remember seeing shortpants once and ToaTak in the Halo threads.
Rarely. I'm usually in a community thread to a show that I like, but that's usually it. I mean I love games, I just can't endlessly debate it anymore.

Toa TAK

Banned
It depends. But I feel like I don't need to post that much in gaming side (unless I shitpost like I do in the OT). People over there do a great job of conveying my thoughts on something much better than I could ever articulate.

It depends. But I feel like I don't need to post that much in gaming side (unless I shitpost like I do in the OT). People over there do a great job of conveying my thoughts on something much better than I could ever articulate.

In the California water thread, I wanted to make a nice joke on what I should write on your epitaph, but you probably wouldn't like it :)

Daemul

How often do you guys post on gaming side? I feel like I rarely see you guys there. I just remember seeing shortpants once and ToaTak in the Halo threads.

Gaming side is a cesspit. I've had to install that script which allows me to hide certain threads just to make it bearable, but it still sucks. I spend more time in Off topic, and even with the crazy shit you can find here I prefer it over gaming side, by a large margain. As of yet, I haven't been forced to hide certain threads in Off topic, though the Superhero topics are beginning to get on my nerves a bit.

Toa TAK

Banned
kuvira_by_sircinnamon-d8ffmav.png

As of yet, I haven't been forced to hide certain threads in Off topic, though the Superhero topics are beginning to get on my nerves a bit.

That's 'cause Superheroes are the best.

Daemul

That's 'cause Superheroes are the best.

Superheros are alright, but threads on them are filled with the console warrior like mentality, with irrational arguments and blind fanboyism everywhere, it would be better if I hid them out of sight. I'll give it a couple of months and if shit doesn't improve by the time The Avengers comes out they're gone for good.

Rarely. Every once in awhile I'll check over there for any news regarding upcoming games I might be/am interested in (Bayonetta 2 director wants to make a Spider Gwen game). Every once in awhile there's a thread that's fun to read (Most Broken Characters in Sports Games, for instance) or perhaps I'll participate in a particular OT for a game (last one I did was Kingdom Hearts 2.5).

That's really it though. I'm just tired of a lot of the debates over there. They aren't fun most of the time, people just attacking each other and overreacting. It's just angry now. Plus, it feels like the same threads pop up constantly. "When does ______ get good?" "When does ______ stop being bad?" "What are the best/worst _________ of this/last/_____ generation?"

It gets tiresome. I just play the games I want to play. I have no need to endlessly debate why I find Devil May Cry 4 so much fun. Or whatever game I like. That was just an example.
Superheros are alright, but threads on them are filled with the console warrior like mentality, with irrational arguments and blind fanboyism everywhere, it would be better if I hid them out of sight. I'll give it a couple of months and if shit doesn't improve by the time The Avengers comes out they're gone for good.
The main issue is that so many people who have no investment in superheroes or superhero-related stuff (like comics) comment in those types of threads. Take the thread about Wonder Woman and Superman's current looks: wanna bet how many people in those threads were commenting about it, calling them "shit" or saying the new designs were "stupid" or "dumb decisions," that don't even read comics? Guaranteed about 50% of them.

Those people are the reason those threads devolve into garbage. Same with the MCU threads. "Oh look, another cookie cutter Marvel movie that's overhyped." Don't comment in the thread, if those are your feelings on the matter. Comments like that don't facilitate good discussion. Beyond irritating.

Rarely. Every once in awhile I'll check over there for any news regarding upcoming games I might be/am interested in (Bayonetta 2 director wants to make a Spider Gwen game). Every once in awhile there's a thread that's fun to read (Most Broken Characters in Sports Games, for instance) or perhaps I'll participate in a particular OT for a game (last one I did was Kingdom Hearts 2.5).

That's really it though. I'm just tired of a lot of the debates over there. They aren't fun most of the time, people just attacking each other and overreacting. It's just angry now. Plus, it feels like the same threads pop up constantly. "When does ______ get good?" "When does ______ stop being bad?" "What are the best/worst _________ of this/last/_____ generation?"

It gets tiresome. I just play the games I want to play. I have no need to endlessly debate why I find Devil May Cry 4 so much fun. Or whatever game I like. That was just an example.
Yeah they are sort of battle grounds. I read them but rarely post. Besides less of a chance of saying something that someone will disagree with increasing my chance of getting banned.

Yeah they are sort of battle grounds. I read them but rarely post. Besides less of a chance of saying something that someone will disagree with increasing my chance of getting banned.

They're not even discussions worth reading, honestly. Just mud-slinging shit holes. Very rarely now do people discuss games in a worthwhile manner. Everyone's just trying to be the "superior cynic" now. It's gross.

They're not even discussions worth reading, honestly. Just mud-slinging shit holes. Very rarely now do people discuss games in a worthwhile manner. Everyone's just trying to be the "superior cynic" now. It's gross.
This is true. Granted I've gotten some pretty good suggestions as well but I prefer the community specific threads for the games. Much more respectful.

This is true. Granted I've gotten some pretty good suggestions as well but I prefer the community specific threads for the games. Much more respectful.

Oh man, don't get me started on recommendation threads (this goes for OT and Gaming). Man do I hate those, though sometimes I do comment in them or read them, so I suppose I'm a walking contradiction to that end.

There are a few reasons I dislike those threads:
1) The person making thread has no actual idea what they're looking for or they don't know how to describe what they're looking for.

2) Regardless of what the person looks for, people never properly recommend stuff. If I were to make a thread and say "Looking for an anime. Something really over-the-top and heavy on the action. Similar to FLCL, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, and Kill la Kill." Someone would recommend Cowboy Bebop. It never fucking fails. It's not even a remotely similar anime, but someone would recommend it, because why not.

3) Someone always has to pop up and completely shit all over whatever stuff happens to be mentioned. Either other recommendations, or what the OP is looking for, or what the OP has found him/herself to enjoy. It's despicable.

Daemul

The main issue is that so many people who have no investment in superheroes or superhero-related stuff (like comics) comment in those types of threads. Take the thread about Wonder Woman and Superman's current looks: wanna bet how many people in those threads were commenting about it, calling them "shit" or saying the new designs were "stupid" or "dumb decisions," that don't even read comics? Guaranteed about 50% of them.

Those people are the reason those threads devolve into garbage. Same with the MCU threads. "Oh look, another cookie cutter Marvel movie that's overhyped." Don't comment in the thread, if those are your feelings on the matter. Comments like that don't facilitate good discussion. Beyond irritating.

It's no surprise really, people bring their gaming side behaviour with them into to those superhero threads, and help turn them all into cesspits. There's not one superhero related thread that doesn't get infested by trolls, it's crazy how bad they can get.

Like I said though, I'm giving it until The Avengers comes out for those threads to clean themselves up otherwise I'm done with them for good. No point in wasting my time looking for some proper discussion when people have more interest in trolling.

Oh man, don't get me started on recommendation threads (this goes for OT and Gaming). Man do I hate those, though sometimes I do comment in them or read them, so I suppose I'm a walking contradiction to that end.

There are a few reasons I dislike those threads:
1) The person making thread has no actual idea what they're looking for or they don't know how to describe what they're looking for.

2) Regardless of what the person looks for, people never properly recommend stuff. If I were to make a thread and say "Looking for an anime. Something really over-the-top and heavy on the action. Similar to FLCL, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, and Kill la Kill." Someone would recommend Cowboy Bebop. It never fucking fails. It's not even a remotely similar anime, but someone would recommend it, because why not.

3) Someone always has to pop up and completely shit all over whatever stuff happens to be mentioned. Either other recommendations, or what the OP is looking for, or what the OP has found him/herself to enjoy. It's despicable.
I really don't mind as long as you know how to weed out the bullshit. I've become of fan of Danganronpa, Senran Kagura and the Y's games because of this site so I really don't mind. I'm pretty open minded and curious so it very rarely bothers me. Hell I picked up Kill La Kill because of this actual community.

It's no surprise really, people bring their gaming side behaviour with them into to those superhero threads, and help turn them all into cesspits. There's not one superhero related thread that doesn't get infested by trolls, it's crazy how bad they can get.

Like I said though, I'm giving it until The Avengers comes out for those threads to clean themselves up otherwise I'm done with them for good. No point in wasting my time looking for some proper discussion when people have more interest in trolling.
It's just frustrating. I like NeoGAF because, compared to the last forum I participated in (the fucking IGN Boards), this actually seemed like a place where people actually discuss things, which is nice. Then shit like that happens and it breaks me.
I really don't mind as long as you know how to weed out the bullshit. I've become of fan of Danganronpa, Senran Kagura and the Y's games because of this site so I really don't mind. I'm pretty open minded and curious so it very rarely bothers me. Hell I picked up Kill La Kill because of this actual community.
I'm not saying nothing comes out of those threads, it's just that their hard to wade through. A diamond in the rough type of thread, where 70% of the posts are just bad.

Daemul

It's just frustrating. I like NeoGAF because, compared to the last forum I participated in (the fucking IGN Boards), this actually seemed like a place where people actually discuss things, which is nice. Then shit like that happens and it breaks me.

Have you seen the Batgirl variant cover thread in OT? This exact shit we're complaining about is happening right there. People with no comic book knowledge are coming in and stirring up shit, and when people show them up, they attempt(and fail) to move the goalposts in order to push their agenda. It's fucking embarrassing.

Have you guys ever been to System Wars at gamespot? It's the most bizarre game forum, and it's very strange just how little I hear it mentioned outside of that forum considering the place is more active than most game boards. (From what I'm aware of)

It's the weirdest. Hence the name, it's like the whole culture there is to join a console/company cult and just fight for it to make it look as good as possible, while making the opposing sides look as bad as possible. All of the Sony people will always be hyping up Sony exclusives, while the same people go to the MS exclusive threads and shit on it. I mean this may sound like a lot of places, but I used to browse there for a long time and it's not quite like any other board I've ever experienced tbh. They don't feel genuine at all for the most part. There literally just trying to make their side look as good as possible, while making the other sides look as bad as possible, and that behavior is basically encouraged.

Of course there are a decent amount of people who are genuine and not a part of all of that.... But I guess they didn't fully come to the realization that there are better boards for them, or they just enjoy watching the fanboy wars (which I did for a while)

Oh and they have these nicknames they use very regularly that are assigned to each type of fanboy. Sony fanboys were called "cows" because Sony milks their franchises. Nintendo fanboys were called sheep because they blindly follow them even after all of their bad decisions, and MS fanboys are called.... Well I forgot what they were called because I haven't been there in so long lol. PC people had a name too

Have you guys ever been to System Wars at gamespot? It's the most bizarre game forum, and it's very strange just how little I hear it mentioned outside of that forum considering the place is more active than most game boards. (From what I'm aware of)

It's the weirdest. Hence the name, it's like the whole culture there is to join a console/company cult and just fight for it to make it look as good as possible, while making the opposing sides look as bad as possible. All of the Sony people will always be hyping up Sony exclusives, while the same people go to the MS exclusive threads and shit on it. I mean this may sound like a lot of places, but I used to browse there for a long time and it's not quite like any other board I've ever experienced tbh. They don't feel genuine at all for the most part. There literally just trying to make their side look as good as possible, while making the other sides look as bad as possible, and that behavior is basically encouraged.

Of course there are a decent amount of people who are genuine and not a part of all of that.... But I guess they didn't fully come to the realization that there are better boards for them, or they just enjoy watching the fanboy wars (which I did for a while)

Oh and they have these nicknames they use very regularly that are assigned to each type of faboy. Sony fanboys were called "cows" because Sony milks their franchises. Nintendo fanboys were called sheep because they blindly follow them even after all of their bad decisions, and MS fanboys are called.... Well I forgot what they were called because I haven't been there in so long lol. PC people had a name too
tumblr_n8jwilhgp71tg5sl7o1_500.gif

Finished my Book 4 commentary run. Now I just need the soundtrack and I can finally let go of this series.

Let go, enter the void empty...and become wind?

I feel that though. I used to visit GAF a lot but recently I realized no one reads my posts anyway and even if they do most people are so stubborn it's impossible to alter anyone's opinions.

So now I mostly just read, with a few posts here and there.

Anyway, today I was being all nostalgic about The Big O. That OST so good. https://youtu.be/FiMqZmNHU1I

More 100 talk:

Holy fuckin shit Jaha!!! Oh man... I cant believe he pulled that off and not died

Man, I was for sure they were going to leave him up in space but damn that got me a little excited

Well, the Big O is on Youtube in 720p...I guess cartoon network or sunrise or whoever the fuck owns gives zero fucks about it because they've been there for a while.

ended up watching the firs two episodes...might be time for a rewatch

edit: god damn someone is selling a blu ray set which apparently was released only in japan for 430 dollars on ebay...330 on amazon.

Have you seen the Batgirl variant cover thread in OT? This exact shit we're complaining about is happening right there. People with no comic book knowledge are coming in and stirring up shit, and when people show them up, they attempt(and fail) to move the goalposts in order to push their agenda. It's fucking embarrassing.
Oh god no. I want to, but oh god no.

Oh and they have these nicknames they use very regularly that are assigned to each type of fanboy. Sony fanboys were called "cows" because Sony milks their franchises. Nintendo fanboys were called sheep because they blindly follow them even after all of their bad decisions, and MS fanboys are called.... Well I forgot what they were called because I haven't been there in so long lol. PC people had a name too
NOOOOOOOOOOOliver.gif

Let go, enter the void empty...and become wind?

I feel that though. I used to visit GAF a lot but recently I realized no one reads my posts anyway and even if they do most people are so stubborn it's impossible to alter anyone's opinions.

So now I mostly just read, with a few posts here and there.

Anyway, today I was being all nostalgic about The Big O. That OST so good. https://youtu.be/FiMqZmNHU1I

Well, the Big O is on Youtube in 720p...I guess cartoon network or sunrise or whoever the fuck owns gives zero fucks about it because they've been there for a while.

ended up watching the firs two episodes...might be time for a rewatch

edit: god damn someone is selling a blu ray set which apparently was released only in japan for 430 dollars on ebay...330 on amazon.
The Big O is awesome, but it is incredibly difficult to acquire. My friend owns the DVD set, but it cost him $100 and he got through ebay from a shady Taiwanese distributer. It was weird, but the series was completely fine. I love that series and would love to own, but it's hard to get.

I'm not sure who owns it, either. Sunrise was the animation studio, and I think Cartoon Network was the U.S. distributer. Either them or Bandai, but all of Bandai's U.S. distribution rights and properties were acquired by FUNimation, so I dunno. The only reason a second season of that show got made was because Cartoon Network partially funded it (which is pretty much the only time that's ever going to happen). And I know it got incredibly small distribution in Japan because it wasn't popular over there to begin with. That's why Cartoon Network funded the second season.

Jacob

When was the last time Asami had plot relevance? She's glorified window dressing with a name. She wasn't even needed for Appa tier troop transport in the last season.

That's why the Korrasami ending rubbed me the wrong way. Asami was marginalized by the writers and shat on by the rest of the Krew so much, the romantic ending felt completely unearned.

It almost like Season 4 was a bit of a mess proprieties wise.
Book 4 was a lot of things that needed a lot of things and didn't need a lot of things.
When was the last time Asami had plot relevance? She's glorified window dressing with a name. She wasn't even needed for Appa tier troop transport in the last season.
Whoa whoa whoa.

Let's not compare anything to Appa, because to be fair, Appa is a better character than most characters in most things. Comparing anything to him is unfair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom