• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.
When was the last time Asami had plot relevance? She's glorified window dressing with a name. She wasn't even needed for Appa tier troop transport in the last season.

Uhh....

Umm...

season 1

Hey!! Hey!! She gives Korra stuff! That does not warrant the Asami disrespect that's about to happen in this thread!!

We are not going to give Asami the Suyin treatment in here, you alll understand?!?!

Speaking of Su, found this on tumblr

Su: Of course I love all my children! Baatar Jr, Huan, Opal, Wei, Wing, and (looks at smudged writing on hand) caviar

360pages

That's why the Korrasami ending rubbed me the wrong way. Asami was marginalized by the writers and shat on by the rest of the Krew so much, the romantic ending felt completely unearned.

Which is super funny considering the writers said that they hate when romance reduce one of the participates to a prize for the other. but Asami was pretty much a prize for Korra at the end of the story.

I like Asami, but she was barely relevant to the plot.

RiuhH1Q.gif

Kuvira is a United Republic prisoner, so she's probably having bonding time with Lin talking about how ain't shit Su is.
Kuvira: "Dat bitch ain't shit."
Lin: "Tell me about the time you kicked her ass."
Kuvira: "I've told you about this five times already."
Lin: "I know, I just like that story."

Kuvira: "Dat bitch ain't shit."
Lin: "Tell me about the time you kicked her ass."
Kuvira: "I've told you about this five times already."
Lin: "I know, I just like that story."

"Had her simp ass son licking my bootstraps also"

And the prophecy is complete....

I'm officially a distant #2 behind Jaded in the post count

Beth Cyra

This is pretty neat
tumblr_nl499oxhj91rss05ao1_500.gif

http://avatarparallels.tumblr.com/post/113547159520

How many lines did these characters get anyways?
Totals:

• Korra: 312 lines
  • Bolin: 175 lines
  • Mako: 153 lines
  • Kuvira: 142 lines
  • Varrick: 129 lines
  • Wu: 115 lines
  • Toph: 86 lines
  • Baatar Jr.: 78 lines
  • Opal: 69 lines
  • Asami: 68 lines
  • Meelo: 61 lines
  • Tenzin: 58 lines
  • Lin: 48 lines
  • Suyin: 48 lines
  • Jinora: 41 lines

So many above Asami :(

I can't believe how much of an amazing job they did when they aged Mako and Asami. So many cartoons/anime just straight up fail doing this kinda thing.

Asami though, they artists did such a great job that during my first watch of the show that I didn't really notice it as a HUGE change, but just a natural change.

Totals:

• Korra: 312 lines
  • Bolin: 175 lines
  • Mako: 153 lines
  • Kuvira: 142 lines
  • Varrick: 129 lines
    [*]Wu: 115 lines
    [*]Toph: 86 lines
    [*]Baatar Jr.: 78 lines
    [*]Opal: 69 lines
  • Asami: 68 lines
  • Meelo: 61 lines
  • Tenzin: 58 lines
  • Lin: 48 lines
  • Suyin: 48 lines
  • Jinora: 41 lines

So many above Asami :(

WHY.gif

Asami :(

orochi91

Who is this "simp"?

Meelo?

Wu was dumb. Why did they act like he was going to get development at one point when he didn't?

His brand of humour was off-putting at times.

Like, it was "special" levels of stupidity at times.

I think his character would have worked better if it was a woman.

I didn't even hate him as a character. I liked him, but if he was going to have that much of a focus, they could have at least tried to do something interesting with him, especially since they teased a development at one point that went nowhere.

SystemBug

Oh, I didn't know you were working on a game! I need them deets

its an andriod/ios game so it's nothing big. Its going to be my actual first game. I am working with a really talented programmer friend as well.

Here is a little tease though

tYPVGhY.jpg

(actually came up with the logo today, this piece actually made both of us get super hyped)

Awesome! Well can't wait to see it. I've been super looking into starting a mobile project of my own, but my knowledge of C++ is fairly basic (been learning it not too intensively for about 6 months or so) and even though I don't really expect to be able to get too far with my current knowledge, I'd like to know what actually goes into development. So I was looking to try it out.

SystemBug

Awesome! Well can't wait to see it. I've been super looking into starting a mobile project of my own, but my knowledge of C++ is fairly basic (been learning it not too intensively for about 6 months or so) and even though I don't really expect to be able to get too far with my current knowledge, I'd like to know what actually goes into development. So I was looking to try it out.

I wish I could help with the programming aspect but I am terrible with that stuff. Just try to keep the scale small and then every thing will fall into place nicely. Try using random generation as a key point as it cuts down a lot on asset creation

Procedural generation interests me greatly. Still kind of trying to decide what I wanted to go for with my game though. The current idea I have is a very simple puzzle game with pre-made levels, so can't really use generation there. I'm still brainstorming though. Trying to go as simple as possible lol

SystemBug

Procedural generation interests me greatly. Still kind of trying to decide what I wanted to go for with my game though. The current idea I have is a very simple puzzle game with pre-made levels, so can't really use generation there. I'm still brainstorming though. Trying to go as simple as possible lol
Our game is a puzzle game as well! Also if your making the game on a phone consider other modes of input like the gyroscope, voice and etc.

Smh @ them still not throwing Finn to the wolves, I would've done it with a smile on my face fuck him.

*facepalm*

That's a title I really don't want

Would you prefer Krillin? You can have literally one of the best techniques in the series, but never use it properly and always get bodied constantly. You do get to marry 18 though, so that's a plus.

Still can't believe Bryke kept siding with her.

Dunno, I'm personally approaching the stage of acceptance when it comes to certain Bryke decisions/priorities. Like, why spend so much time on Wu? When it is better served for Korra to ultimately make the executive decision on abolishing of the Earth Kingdom monarchy instead of that bugger. Therefore proving she understood the reasons behind Kuvira's extremes, "Kuvira was crazy, but she was right about the monarchy and you Wu. You aint shit and never will be shit. Gimme that brooch." and throws it on the ground proclaiming that the Earth Empire and Kingdom are no more. None of that "I learn how to be compassionate" nonsense.

Another would be Kai, 2-3 episodes wasted on dat fool. Could've just use one of the Air Kids, Ikki maybe? Which would give us roughly 1-1.5 episodes dedicated to the Z-team or whatever.

Dunno, I'm personally at the stage of acceptance when it comes to certain Bryke decisions/priorities. Like, why spend so much time on Wu? When it is better served for Korra to ultimately make the executive decision on abolishing of the Earth Kingdom monarchy instead of that bugger. Therefore proving she understood the reasons behind Kuvira's extremes, "Kuvira was crazy, but she was right about the monarchy and you Wu. You aint shit and never will be shit. Gimme that brooch." and throws it on the ground proclaiming that the Earth Empire and Kingdom are no more. None of that "I learn how to be compassionate" nonsense.

Another would be Kai, 2-3 episodes wasted on dat fool. Could've just use one of the Air Kids, Ikki maybe? Which would give us roughly 1-1.5 episodes dedicated to the Z-team or whatever.
This is true. We rarely spend a lot of time with the villains, but the villains tend to be the most interesting characters, except that fool Unalaq.

This is true. We rarely spend a lot of time with the villains, but the villains tend to be the most interesting characters, except that fool Unalaq.

It is sad and funny that the worst Avatarverse villain got the most screen-time. Although, given the extremely short of time they had compared to the other seasons. It is not surprising, I guess.

It is sad and funny that the worst Avatarverse villain got the most screen-time. Although, given the extremely short of time they had compared to the other seasons. It is not surprising, I guess.
Unalaq was a shit dad and envious of his brother. Dude wanted a tentacled hentai spirit inside of him, not much complexity there.

toa is leading that poor guy watching korra in OT astray

imagine how disappointed he's going to be when he finally sees the book 2 finale after TOA has been hyping it up, lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom