• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamlet

Maybe all of the airbenders that "came back" were actually all of Tenzin's kids

But Kai and Jinora though.
CiEDxRO.gif

plot twist: harmonic covergence didn't make new airbenders out of thin air, Aang banged the shit out of many women

case in point: bumi, aangs nonbender child, gets bending.

Any of you guys/gals watch The Scorpion King?

How about The Scorpion King 3?

Well, let me tell you, is the third one really where the series takes off. Fuck the second one. I don't even know what happens in that movie. I think Randy Couture is in it. But the third...oh man. Top tier.

Maybe all of the airbenders that "came back" were actually all of Tenzin's kids
Yes, Zaheer is just Meelo from the future.
I think I've official passed the "have money but no time" point on that graph.

16 year old me would've had the time but not the money. And I would've loved the game.
This is exactly me right now, though I really just buy games on sale now and I can't even play Bloodborne till tomorrow and luckily I'm off from work on Friday. Can't even enjoy it all Saturday cause the woman I think I might be dating made a dinner reservation at a restaurant.

Justice League Ep 12:

This fool that built this time machine should've used it to get out of marrying his bitch ass wife.

Ep 13:

Batman meeting hardcore Old Bruce is great.
"Do you know what killed the dinosaurs? Well Chuck-O knows."
Old Bruce broke Ghoul like a fucking graham cracker.
John was a better dad to War Hawk than Superman was to Super Boy in Young Justice.

-Deimos

That time machine guy was fucking nuts.

Ranma has gone full blown harem now, but there's still enough wacky shit to keep me entertained. That tension though, that angst. That double tsundere. Book 4 Korrasami x 100.

So far I've seen Akane, Kodachi, Shampoo and that one-off delivery girl. Akane remains in the lead, even though I miss her old look. Didn't realize we were stuck with Sailor Mercury for the rest of the show.

Ranma has gone full blown harem now, but there's still enough wacky shit to keep me entertained. That tension though, that angst. That double tsundere. Book 4 Korrasami x 100.

So far I've seen Akane, Kodachi, Shampoo and that one-off delivery girl. Akane remains in the lead, even though I miss her old look. Didn't realize we were stuck with Sailor Mercury for the rest of the show.

Best girl Ukyo hasn't debuted yet

Shampoo, I don't like at all. Akane's so ungrateful, Kodachi grows on you, because there's some cuteness to her insanity, plus she's full of swag. Akane's too much of a useless tomboy in my opinion. Can't cook, clean or help Ranma and there's so much of that "unsure of feelings" stuff that I don't even think their moments last without getting fucked up, can't dress either. Compare Kodachi's wardrobe to Akane and you'll see why she's superior.

Regarding Chrono, Batman did him dirty in the end.
Best girl Ukyo hasn't debuted yet
What this man said.

Shampoo, I don't like at all. Akane's so ungrateful, Kodachi grows on you, because there's some cuteness to her insanity, plus she's full of swag. Akane's too much of a useless tomboy in my opinion. Can't cook, clean or help Ranma and there's so much of that "unsure of feelings" stuff that I don't even think their moments last without getting fucked up, can't dress either. Compare Kodachi's wardrobe to Akane and you'll see why she's superior.

Regarding Chrono, Batman did him dirty in the end.

What this man said.

Kodachi is the most devoted in my view. Akane was due to a arranged marriage agreement, Shampoo was because of Amazon law, Ukyo was because of some shit Ranma's father did

Kodachi on the other hand loves Ranma.... Just because

But Ukyo is also best girl because she is the most normal out the four, is sweet, can cook, and can kick your ass with a spatula.

Plus

tumblr_nj2pp6E7C51qknyvjo1_500.gif

Ukyo crossed dressed as a man, assisting girl-type Ranma in throwing cross dressing Tsubasa into outer space. Now that's a good woman

Kodachi is the most devoted in my view. Akane was due to a arranged marriage agreement, Shampoo was because of Amazon law, Ukyo was because of some shit Ranma's father did

Kodachi on the other hand loves Ranma.... Just because

But Ukyo is also best girl because she is the most normal out the four, is sweet, can cook, and can kick your ass with a spatula.

Plus

tumblr_nj2pp6E7C51qknyvjo1_500.gif

Ukyo crossed dressed as a man, assisting girl-type Ranma in throwing cross dressing Tsubasa into outer space. Now that's a good woman
Kodachi don't need a reason. Yeah she didn't get forced to like Ranma over some shit Genma did, she just likes him. They never even really seem to explore that and just make her the crazy stalker. Granted she's got issues, but she'd do anything for the guy, but they just make Ranma afraid of her all the time. Ukyo is boss though, I hate what they did to her later in the show.

Something in the back of my head was waiting for someone to do this.

Su-Sensei!!!! I have reunited the earth empire!!!

Let's go live our youth and run 500 laps on our hands around Zaofu into the sunset!!!!

Though Kuvira with all 8 gates open would be fuckin scary

Something in the back of my head was waiting for someone to do this.

Su-Sensei!!!! I have reunited the earth empire!!!

Let's go live our youth and run 500 laps on our hands around Zaofu into the sunset!!!!

Though Kuvira with all 8 gates open would be fuckin scary
I've still only seen one ep of Naruto.

-Deimos

I think I'm way too early in the show to be comparing girls. Kodachi showed up for like 3 episodes, did some crazy stalker shit and disappeared. Shampoo is getting a lot of attention, but fuck Shampoo. Akane's the only other one to get meaningful screen time so far but it sounds like the unresolved feelings crap is going to continue for a while. She still has time to fuck up.

I think I'm way too early in the show to be comparing girls. Kodachi showed up for like 3 episodes, did some crazy stalker shit and disappeared. Shampoo is getting a lot of attention, but fuck Shampoo. Akane's the only other one to get meaningful screen time so far but it sounds like the unresolved feelings crap is going to continue for a while. She still has time to fuck up.

It's going to continue for a long while, that's why I don't even like Akane like that.

Shampoo is annoying as fuck.

Kodachi is crazy, but like a good type of crazy

I saw every episode but the last episode. Akane and her shit never ends. Shampoo is the true crazy one, Kodachi is just legit thirsty for Ranma.

Great. RIP any redeeming qualities of Akane.
Akane never had any redeeming qualities, she's even the most boring one compared to her sisters. Ranma lasts for 7 seasons and I think a bunch of OVA's, I never saw the OVA's, but Akane and Ranma still haven't figured anything out by the end of the show.

-Deimos

Akane never had any redeeming qualities, she's even the most boring one compared to her sisters. Ranma lasts for 7 seasons and I think a bunch of OVA's, I never saw the OVA's, but Akane and Ranma still haven't figured anything out by the end of the show.
I'm still only on ep 20 and so far Akane's been a decent character, but I can see what's happening and it looks like she's becoming this show's Asami. Ryoga's been having more meaningful interaction with Ranma than her for the past couple episodes.

And yeah I only just noticed how long the show actually is. I was supposed to start Moribito like a month ago.

I'm still only on ep 20 and so far Akane's been a decent character, but I can see what's happening and it looks like she's becoming this show's Asami. Ryoga's been having more meaningful interaction with Ranma than her for the past couple episodes.

And yeah I only just noticed how long the show actually is. I was supposed to start Moribito like a month ago.
Moribito is quite frankly the better show. It's not as action packed as what I wanted, but Balsa can kick an ass and she's a very very good female character. She's not like Revy from Black Lagoon or the Major from GITSAC, she's still got a very good maternal side to her.

Daemul

Any of you guys/gals watch The Scorpion King?

How about The Scorpion King 3?

Well, let me tell you, is the third one really where the series takes off. Fuck the second one. I don't even know what happens in that movie. I think Randy Couture is in it. But the third...oh man. Top tier.

I'm surprised they even made the two sequels, the first movie wasn't that good.

-Deimos

Moribito is quite frankly the better show. It's not as action packed as what I wanted, but Balsa can kick an ass and she's a very very good female character. She's not like Revy from Black Lagoon or the Major from GITSAC, she's still got a very good maternal side to her.

I was worried about getting sucked into it because of school and then kept putting it off. Ended up finding other ways to waste my time lol.

Everyone knows Nabiki is the superior Tendo sibling anyway

This is true.

I think I stopped on season 6, I should resume that
Depending on when that show really pissed me off you'll probably fly into rage mode as well.
Ranma seemed light-hearted so I thought I could limit it to a couple episodes between studying. Damn procrastination.
It is light hearted, just has weird relationships that never progress. Doesn't even have the pay off that Ouran High School Host Club did.

Trey

Three? Goddamn, I don't see how the franchise is worth milking, it doesn't seem popular enough for that, unless I'm missing something about it.

They're direct to video c tier trash anyway. for all intents and purposes Verhoeven's Starship Troopers is the only one.

They're direct to video c tier trash anyway. for all intents and purposes Verhoeven's Starship Troopers is the only one.
Oh I know. I've only ever seen the first one in its entirety and probably a handful of minutes from the second. Sad part is Casper Van Dien was in the third one I believe.

Three? Goddamn, I don't see how the franchise is worth milking, it doesn't seem popular enough for that, unless I'm missing something about it.

Well, I watched the third.

Boy, is it worse than I thought. I expected the acting and visuals to be poor, but I at least expected it to have good action sequences.

How the fuck do you make a fight BORING? It's something I do not understand. Transformers 4 had the same problem (amongst a shit ton of others). Every fight was a snooze fest.

HOW?!

But then he did G.I. Joe Retaliation.

Which I also watched.

It also made me sad.
GI Joe: Retaliation had enough of a budget to pay his asking price, I've only seen bits and pieces of that one though. I'm still shocked Jason Statham is in Furious 7. I loled heavily when I saw him in the trailer for it.

You would think, with Dwayne Johnson, Ray Park, Ray Stevenson, Channing Tatum, Bruce Willis, and Adrianne Palicki that they could do at least one...ONE good action sequence in the entire movie.

But NOPE.

How the hell do you make ninjas fighting on a mountain side boring? HOW?!

-Deimos

You would think, with Dwayne Johnson, Ray Park, Ray Stevenson, Channing Tatum, Bruce Willis, and Adrianne Palicki that they could do at least one...ONE good action sequence in the entire movie.

But NOPE.

In a way, it's impressive.

But NOPE.

This thread seems to have an ongoing theme of "wasted potential" no matter what we talk about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom