• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep I noticed. I'd love to have an Ukyo. If I was at work I would've switched to my Ukyo avatar. Then again I'm an insane chick magnet so Kodachi's kind of fitting. New girl is surprisingly sane though.

Yep I noticed. I'd love to have an Ukyo. If I was at work I would've switched to my Ukyo avatar. Then again I'm an insane chick magnet so Kodachi's kind of fitting. New girl is surprisingly sane though.

I'd love a Kodachi in my life, she can cook and clean and can be affectionate if need be, she's just a little out there.

Just finished Ghost Stories. Man, the English dub of Ghost Stories is really something. Kinda reminds me of the kind of immature humour I was into back in middle school and early high school. The causal -isms really takes me back.

On-topic pic I guess:
gentle__yet_passionate__korrasami_cosplay__by_nanami0406-d8n6dom.jpg

Edit: Sucks that happened to you Feenix. I kinda feel ya, when I got multiple sclerosis I spent more time watching shit. Got a lot of time, especially that I stopped trying to get good at the "greatest game ever made" since now that it'll never going to happen now.

I still have no idea why Ranma painted Kodachi as insane, she clearly had good qualities.

she was the most devoted out of all of them, but that devotion would cause her to do anything to ensure she was the one that got with Ranma and that's how she got painted as crazy.

Shampoo was clearly the crazy one out of the bunch but he didn't say shit about her, he just blamed it on "amazon law" or whatever

Just finished Ghost Stories. Man, the English dub of Ghost Stories is really something. Kinda reminds me of the kind of immature humour I was into back in middle school and early high school. The causal -isms really takes me back.

On-topic pic I guess:

I think I saw Ghost Stories... I think, I have to re-check the synopsis.

If anything positive came out of LoK, it was the cosplayers, lmao

she was the most devoted out of all of them, but that devotion would cause her to do anything to ensure she was the one that got with Ranma and that's how she got painted as crazy.

Shampoo was clearly the crazy one out of the bunch but he didn't say shit about her, he just blamed it on "amazon law" or whatever

I think I saw Ghost Stories... I think, I have to re-check the synopsis.

If anything positive came out of LoK, it was the cosplayers, lmao
I read about some of the shit Shampoo did and she legit put peoples lives at risk she was really crazy. Kodachi just had a couple of plans and an evil laugh, but she didn't curse people like Shampoo did. LOK gave us the cosplayers, the fan art and the fanfics bruh, you can't forget about the last two.

I read about some of the shit Shampoo did and she legit put peoples lives at risk she was really crazy. Kodachi just had a couple of plans and an evil laugh, but she didn't curse people like Shampoo did. LOK gave us the cosplayers, the fan art and the fanfics bruh, you can't forget about the last two.

Shampoo out here doing some real unnecessary shit just to get Ranma... smh.

Oh yea, totally wasn't even thinking about the fics and pics.

#BasedOwler

Shampoo out here doing some real unnecessary shit just to get Ranma... smh.

Oh yea, totally wasn't even thinking about the fics and pics.

#BasedOwler
I don't even think most women would really waste that much time on Ranma. Dude's broke and aloof as hell, just wants their attention. We've converted so many people into Owler fans on here. Based Owler Kuvira.

I don't even think most women would really waste that much time on Ranma. Dude's broke and aloof as hell, just wants their attention. We've converted so many people into Owler fans on here. Based Owler Kuvira.

Me and that girl almost had a confrontation on tumblr, she called Kodachi annoying and I was ready to throw hands.

Then she said Ukyo was best girl and all was almost right in the world , she still likes Akane..

Me and that girl almost had a confrontation on tumblr, she called Kodachi annoying and I was ready to throw hands.

Then she said Ukyo was best girl and all was almost right in the world , she still likes Akane..
Outside of Ukyo Kodachi is the only woman on that show that likes Ranma for Ranma. She has no moral or legal obligation to like the guy and Ranma is too stupid to even realize that.

Outside of Ukyo Kodachi is the only woman on that show that likes Ranma for Ranma. She has no moral or legal obligation to like the guy and Ranma is too stupid to even realize that.

Anyone else would kill for a Kodachi in their life but Ranma's dumbass, he would rather have Akanes ungrateful ass around him.

Anyone else would kill for a Kodachi in their life but Ranma's dumbass, he would rather have Akanes ungrateful ass around him.
She can cook, clean, defend you, buy stuff, doesn't need to rely on you for money. Only thing Ranma has to deal with is Tatewaki and even then Kodachi will fight the guy off for you. She's got great hair, skinnier, in much better shape, better dresser, probably smarter as well. What the hell's Ranma's problem?

Veelk

Banned
She can cook, clean, defend you, buy stuff, doesn't need to rely on you for money. Only thing Ranma has to deal with is Tatewaki and even then Kodachi will fight the guy off for you. She's got great hair, skinnier, in much better shape, better dresser, probably smarter as well. What the hell's Ranma's problem?
That he is in a Japanese harem show.

He stupid.

Ukyo practically throws herself at him, but he still stuck on Akane.

That he is in a Japanese harem show.

This too

Daemul

I really need to get around to watching Ranma, I gotta let a couple of shows finish up their seasons before I find the time though.

Veelk

Banned
Inuyasha had more filler than any other show I've seen. It's been 10 years, but like the first 30 episodes or something are at which point the Shikon jewel is almost completed with only a few shards missing, and then it draggs its feet for over a hundred episodes before resolving the story in like 10 (I've only read the manga, so I'm estimating how many episodes they spent on it, but the ending was very abrupt)

Inuyasha had more filler than any other show I've seen. It's been 10 years, but like the first 30 episodes or something are at which point the Shikon jewel is almost completed with only a few shards missing, and then it draggs its feet for over a hundred episodes before resolving the story in like 10 (I've only read the manga, so I'm estimating how many episodes they spent on it, but the ending was very abrupt)
Damn, and people wonder why I consider Yu Yu Hakusho to be one of the best Shounen animes. It doesn't fuck around with bullshit for no reason or drag its feet.

Veelk

Banned
Damn, and people wonder why I consider Yu Yu Hakusho to be one of the best Shounen animes. It doesn't fuck around with bullshit for no reason or drag its feet.

Yu Yu Hakusho (along with HxH) have different problems. Their writer knows how to make almost any situation interesting, but has difficulty staying committed to seeing that storyline through to it's proper end. Also, he doesn't recognize the value of character death. Genkai died and came back for literally no reason.

Yu Yu Hakusho (along with HxH) have different problems. Their writer knows how to make almost any situation interesting, but has difficulty staying committed to seeing that storyline through to it's proper end. Also, he doesn't recognize the value of character death. Genkai died and came back for literally no reason.
Only to die in the manga any way. I think Genkai just serves as the mother figure of the cast since they either have shit mom's or dead mom's with the exception of Kurama.

I'm pretty sure it's a date, as long as she's nice and doesn't read the book of Akane and Shampoo you should be fine.
She's been pretty chill. She's gotten into anime so she's watching Samurai Champloo, seems like an ep after work a day and might start Cowboy Bebop after that. The place we're eating at required a reservation, I think she made the reservation as early as Monday.

She's been pretty chill. She's gotten into anime so she's watching Samurai Champloo, seems like an ep after work a day and might start Cowboy Bebop after that. The place we're eating at required a reservation, I think she made the reservation as early as Monday.

Sounds too expensive for my tastes, but Jaded is a big baller so you got it

Let's see....what we got in here...

-Jaded's love life? Check
-Talk of fan art (but no fan art)? Check
-Veelk doing Veelk things? Check
-Feenix and Jaded bro-ing it out? Check
-Ranma? Check

Par for the course, folks. Par for the course.

Veelk

Banned
I've taken enough writing classes to know that your writing professors are the most interesting professors.

That's the impression I have too. Writing classes are where the professor sits down and creates a dialogue with the class, getting to know them as people and letting themselves be known in the same way. Humor and personal stories and opposing opinions are welcomed, whereas in most other classes, it's just a lecture, especially if it's a large class, because there isn't much to do except learn the material. Writing, and other art classes in general, are just much more fluid in it's teaching.

Though it still requires the proper teacher. I have had one of those teachers that accepts literally all opinions as having equal worth, and it made me want to claw out my eyeballs at times.

That's the impression I have too. Writing classes are where the professor sits down and creates a dialogue with the class, getting to know them as people and letting themselves be known in the same way. Humor and personal stories and opposing opinions are welcomed, whereas in most other classes, it's just a lecture, especially if it's a large class, because there isn't much to do except learn the material. Writing, and other art classes in general, are just much more fluid in it's teaching.

Though it still requires the proper teacher. I have had one of those teachers that accepts literally all opinions as having equal worth, and it made me want to claw out my eyeballs at times.
Yeah you're usually going to wind up closer to one of your writing teachers than a science teacher, especially if the class size or the opinion sharing is more natural. My favorite teachers were my creative writing teachers in college.

Veelk

Banned
Yeah you're usually going to wind up closer to one of your writing teachers than a science teacher, especially if the class size or the opinion sharing is more natural. My favorite teachers were my creative writing teachers in college.

Still, the assignments can get strange. The actual assignment is that I have to go on an adventure. Last time I had this, I jumped out of a plane. This time, I was gonna go scuba diving in an underwater city sort of place but it's colder than I had hoped it'd be, so I had to find interesting events going on in chicago since I didn't feel like getting hypothermia. I was going to go to a tai chi class, but I ended up chilling with someone instead. So now I'm down to seeing an improv show based on interesting people or the burlesque show. I'm leaning towards the improv, and only really entertaining the burlesque show as a 'wtf' entertainment factor.

Still, the assignments can get strange. The actual assignment is that I have to go on an adventure. Last time I had this, I jumped out of a plane. This time, I was gonna go scuba diving in an underwater city sort of place but it's colder than I had hoped it'd be, so I had to find interesting events going on in chicago since I didn't feel like getting hypothermia. I was going to go to a tai chi class, but I ended up chilling with someone instead. So now I'm down to seeing an improv show based on interesting people or the burlesque show. I'm leaning towards the improv, and only really entertaining the burlesque show as a 'wtf' entertainment factor.
Burlesque show would probably make for a more interesting story though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom