• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.
God damn life is weird. We're like clones or something.

hUNAo.jpg

360pages

somehow ended up on a DBZ clip on youtube and went down the rabbit hole...

went through all the great scenes in the series, Gohan vs Cell kamehemeha is the best thing ever created. the ultimate payoff.

DBZ as a whole is really good at payoffs. No one Arc/Season ever ends with you saying... (Wait, that's it?) All of them always have you on the edge of your seat. Even if sometimes the things leading up to them can be silly.

Hamlet

"1st animatic edit on our new project at Dreamworks! From top to bottom: Jeff Adams, Ki Hyun Ryu, Lauren Montgomery, and me! For the 5 of you reading this…… STAY TUNED!"
"Avatar and Korra alumni are working on a cool new project at Dreamworks! I know what it is but I’m not tellinnnnn…."
"The Dream Team is at DreamWorks. I love these people! Can’t wait to see their new project. (2-cents is Joaquim Dos Santos, co-ex prod from Korra.)"
Bryan
Hmm what could it be?

I remember Hamlet recommended Brooklyn Nine-Nine to me ages ago so I ended up watching Season 1 and Season 2 (well, all the episodes that have aired so far) this past week.

It's not animation but I'm happy to have found a new TV show that I really enjoy.
Glad you're liking it. Captain Holt is easily one of my favourite characters on TV at the moment. Its also proved to be a nice replacement for Parks and Rec now that it's finished.

I watched the first 2 episodes of Parks and Recreation and it's not like I thought it would be. Brooklyn Nine-Nine grabbed me from its pilot episode. Parks and Recs beginning episodes are pretty boring.

A friend told me that the first season is the worst of the lot so I'm looking forward to Season 2 which is apparently where the show finds its footing.

Yeah with Parks and Rec they did a semi reboot of the show after season 1 as it wasn't really working.
Brooklyn Nine-nine was created by a couple of Park and Rec writers so you'll find with Post season 1 Parks and Rec the humour is pretty similar between the two.

-Deimos

somehow ended up on a DBZ clip on youtube and went down the rabbit hole...

went through all the great scenes in the series, Gohan vs Cell kamehemeha is the best thing ever created. the ultimate payoff.

Same here because of Xenoverse. I actually just finished the Cell saga mission yesterday.

DBZ as a whole is really good at payoffs. No one Arc/Season ever ends with you saying... (Wait, that's it?) All of them always have you on the edge of your seat. Even if sometimes the things leading up to them can be silly.

Yup. I think it's because the villians are always so hyped up. Like in Namek saga Freiza sits in a damn chair half the time because he's so powerful. And then he beats the shit out Vegeta, Goku, Gohan, everyone. Makes the final battle and triumph so much better.

Sames exact thing goes for the Cell saga. And the Buu saga too I guess, but I don't like it as much.

Same here because of Xenoverse. I actually just finished the Cell saga mission yesterday.

How is Xenoverse?

360pages

Yup. I think it's because the villians are always so hyped up. Like in Namek saga Freiza sits in a damn chair half the time because he's so powerful. And then he beats the shit out Vegeta, Goku, Gohan, everyone. Makes the final battle and triumph so much better.

Sames exact thing goes for the Cell saga. And the Buu saga too I guess, but I don't like it as much.

How is Xenoverse?

I think the main problem with the Buu saga is the fact that Buu isn't a single Villain...he's 3. The Buu's have so widely different personalities and goal that they can't really be considered a single bad guy. That and the only reason why the Saga went on for so long was because everyone was making bad decisions.

Also, Xenoverse is really fun, it has some flaws, but it's really just pure fun.

-Deimos

How is Xenoverse?

In terms of the combat, the game is great. Story is meh and unlocking moves for your custom character is kind of a chore, but the actual gameplay is great.

"1st animatic edit on our new project at Dreamworks! From top to bottom: Jeff Adams, Ki Hyun Ryu, Lauren Montgomery, and me! For the 5 of you reading this…… STAY TUNED!"
"Avatar and Korra alumni are working on a cool new project at Dreamworks! I know what it is but I’m not tellinnnnn…."
"The Dream Team is at DreamWorks. I love these people! Can’t wait to see their new project. (2-cents is Joaquim Dos Santos, co-ex prod from Korra.)"
Bryan
Hmm what could it be?
Hopefully not CG/3D animation. I just don't like that look.

I do miss hand drawn animation. Some of the older animes I like are hand drawn. They're not exactly as smooth, but I feel that each one has a more individual feel and personality to them, it's something I miss in modern anime.

Hamlet

Pretty sure it'll be mostly 2D as Studio Mir is the studio working on it and they haven't really done any full CG shows. Interesting though how this is a Dreamworks project as their shows are usually based on their movies.

It's a great relationship tester.

If she likes Ukyo or Kodachi... keeper.

Akane.... it's not gonna work out.

Shampoo... delete her phone number and move out the state
Sadly I can see the logic in these options. She can't cook, but she's not Akane useless or Shampoo insane. She makes her own money, but she needs a bit of guidance on certain things.

Sadly I can see the logic in these options. She can't cook, but she's not Akane useless or Shampoo insane. She makes her own money, but she needs a bit of guidance on certain things.

Well.... she makes her own money, not crazy, or Akane status so that's good.

You went out with her quite a bit right? You like her.... like her? Or just like being around her?

This sounds so 4th grade.

I do miss hand drawn animation. Some of the older animes I like are hand drawn. They're not exactly as smooth, but I feel that each one has a more individual feel and personality to them, it's something I miss in modern anime.

Pretty sure it'll be mostly 2D as Studio Mir is the studio working on it and they haven't really done any full CG shows. Interesting though how this is a Dreamworks project as their shows are usually based on their movies.

Like, it's very stylized, right? But the problem is that it doesn't feel as...fluid, I guess. Like, I enjoyed the TMNT 2012 series (I dropped it part way into S2 and dropped it. Good show), but the action sequences just didn't feel as fluid. Or...something. It was incredibly clear when the budget was cut, because the sequence felt significantly slower.

I dunno, it's hard for me to describe. I haven't watched Beware the Batman or Green Lantern The Animated Series, which are the two other action cartoons animated in 3D/CG that come to mind (recently). So I'm only speaking from one source. Also, TMNT did actually have some decent action sequences as well.

Granted, I'm not generalizing CG as bad for action. Final Fantasy VII Advent Children, say what you will, but that movie has amazing action sequences. I just think that 3D/CG cartoons have a long way to come before they deliver, and I'm not prepared for someone who was part of the creation of one of my favorite fictional universes of all time to create a new series in that style. I'm just not.

Well.... she makes her own money, not crazy, or Akane status so that's good.

You went out with her quite a bit right? You like her.... like her? Or just like being around her?

This sounds so 4th grade.
I like her a lot more than the last series of emotionally confused or mentally unstable wrecks that I've tried to date previously. The fact that the whole thing is more mutual and not just me ramming my head into a wall is great.

I like her a lot more than the last series of emotionally confused or mentally unstable wrecks that I've tried to date previously. The fact that the whole thing is more mutual and not just me ramming my head into a wall is great.

That sounds good.... though you may want to get that checked out, slamming your head into walls isn't good for your health.

Even when Korra wants him, Mako still finds a way to hold an L.

Mako got the Avatar and one of the worlds richest people all on him and what does he manage to do....

That sounds good.... though you may want to get that checked out, slamming your head into walls isn't good for your health.

Mako got the Avatar and one of the worlds richest people all on him and what does he manage to do....
Deal with enough women that don't know either how to initiate a relationship or just treat you like crap cause you're not a rich, tall white guy and it'll pretty much feel like you're ramming your head into a wall. How Mako got both Asami and Korra with his lack of social skills is beyond me. He lucked into shit and fucked them up royally. He's never dropping that massive L he's hoisting.

Deal with enough women that don't know either how to initiate a relationship or just treat you like crap cause you're not a rich, tall white guy and it'll pretty much feel like you're ramming your head into a wall. How Mako got both Asami and Korra with his lack of social skills is beyond me. He lucked into shit and fucked them up royally. He's never dropping that massive L he's hoisting.

ehh... like I said before, I'm just a one off for women so relationships are foreign to me.

If I were Mako I wouldn't step foot in republic city again, I'll just go into exile in one of the many air temples.

ehh... like I said before, I'm just a one off for women so relationships are foreign to me.

If I were Mako I wouldn't step foot in republic city again, I'll just go into exile in one of the many air temples.
I don't know much either. First time I've had more than one date with the same woman, it's quite interesting. Mako should just go live in the Fire Nation, get back to those roots and hope nobody there knows about his massive ass L.

I don't know much either. First time I've had more than one date with the same woman, it's quite interesting. Mako should just go live in the Fire Nation, get back to those roots and hope nobody there knows about his massive ass L.

You know news spreads fast, Fire Lord Izumi probably done made "Mako Takes Legendary L" a holiday

There's probably a statue erected in his honor where everybody just points and laughs at it. It's probably the only thing to be erected regarding Mako.

Matter of fact, I don't think the Fire Nation even wants Mako. They'll exile him at first sight because they already took enough Ls at the end of the war, acknowledging Mako would just exacerbate it.

Matter of fact, I don't think the Fire Nation even wants Mako. They'll exile him at first sight because they already took enough Ls at the end of the war, acknowledging Mako would just exacerbate it.
"It's bad enough Ozai and Sozin bring dishonor to our nation, we don't need you too. LEAVE!"

"It's bad enough Ozai and Sozin bring dishonor to our nation, we don't need you too. LEAVE!"

*tries to get into the Earth Kingdom* - "As many times Ba Sing Se fell, you think we're going to take the risk of accepting you... LEAVE!"

*tries to become an air nomad* - "I already taken an L by leaving Lin, we already filled our L taking quota."

*Water Tribes* - "we pushed the Fire Nation back multiple times, but I don't think we can handle taking an L as large as you"

*Zaofu* - "sorry, my son is a simp and that girl people claim I adopted is a war criminal... I don't think I can mess your life up any further"

*Spirit World* - "HAHAHAHA!"

*tries to get into the Earth Kingdom* - "As many times Ba Sing Se fell, you think we're going to take the risk of accepting you... LEAVE!"

*tries to become an air nomad* - "I already taken an L by leaving Lin, we already filled our L taking quota."

*Water Tribes* - "we pushed the Fire Nation back multiple times, but I don't think we can handle taking an L as large as you"

*Zaofu* - "sorry, my son is a simp and that girl people claim I adopted is a war criminal... I don't think I can mess your life up any further"

*Spirit World* - "HAHAHAHA!"
*Sneaks into Wan Se Tongs Library* "My foxes told me all about you. Aren't you that simp Mako that cheated on the Avatar and Future Industries President Asami?" "But giant bird sir, I seek your knowledge. Surely in this vast library there must be something that can show me how to drop this L?" "You can not be helped, nobody in the history of mankind has fucked up as badly as you. Fuck off human."

*Sneaks into Wan Se Tongs Library* "My foxes told me all about you. Aren't you that simp Mako that cheated on the Avatar and Future Industries President Asami?" "But giant bird sir, I seek your knowledge. Surely in this vast library there must be something that can show me how to drop this L?" "You can not be helped, nobody in the history of mankind has fucked up as badly as you. Fuck off human."

*sneaks into Kuvira's prison cell* - "You should've died when you destroyed my colossus. I may be in prison for the rest of my life, but at least I don't have to live with an L as big as yours. Get out.
I'm expecting Korra, or do you want to see the weight of your L in action
"

*sneaks into Kuvira's prison cell* - "You're should've died when you destroyed my colossus. I may be in prison for the rest of my life, but at least I don't have to live with an L as big as yours. Get out.
I'm expecting Korra, or do you want to see the weight of your L in action
"
You and me both know Mako will stay get confused and go back to his bae Wu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom