• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.
To make it less awkward I gave you back exclusive use of Ukyo. I wanted to change my avatar before I go to another office for the next week and a half where I don't have any of my excess avatars. This is what I get for having a simp as my replacement. He's vacationing in Barcelona after having a vacation in fucking Paris during the summer, fuck my fucking life.

ehh... if it makes you feel any better, I wasn't really a fan of Paris *shrugs*

Is this really a thing?

Yeah, we've been in a drought for a while, apparently the reservoirs only have 1 year of water left, or less. We're screwed.

It's super dry. My lips have been drying as soon as I wake up unlike ever before. Allergies suck too because there's no rain to wash pollen away. Usually at this time of year it rains a lot, right now we're not getting anything. We had 1 or 2 storms back in December but that wasn't enough, and it looks like it's already done.

Ollie's a great character actually so I really don't mind him at all. The Question allows for some darker humor and sarcasm as well, so yeah it's definitely a trade off.
When I re-watched JLU not too long ago, I realized that Kara is the secret MVP of that show. Far From Home is one of my favorite episodes of the series. The action, the humor, everything about it is awesome. And the ending is beautiful, especially if you watched Superman The Animated Series. It really hits the right spots.

The Borg Collective just managed to become even more powerful.

Nah... but here's JV speaking as Korra talking about her time in the spirit world with Asami.
Huh

-Deimos

When I re-watched JLU not too long ago, I realized that Kara is the secret MVP of that show. Far From Home is one of my favorite episodes of the series. The action, the humor, everything about it is awesome. And the ending is beautiful, especially if you watched Superman The Animated Series. It really hits the right spots.

Huh
They pulled off that episode really well.

Yeah, we've been in a drought for a while, apparently the reservoirs only have 1 year of water left, or less. We're screwed.

It's super dry. My lips have been drying as soon as I wake up unlike ever before. Allergies suck too because there's no rain to wash pollen away. Usually at this time of year it rains a lot, right now we're not getting anything. We had 1 or 2 storms back in December but that wasn't enough, and it looks like it's already done.

What the heck, I aint tryna live without water.

-Deimos

Did they ever. It really got me to like Kara as a character. I'd read more of her comic stuff, like New 52, but her design in that is atrocious, so I don't really want to.

She really was up there as one of the best characters of the show. I would have been pissed at the ending if it wasn't one of the last episodes.

Can't we extract the salt from sea water? What year is this?

We can, but the pure bullshit involved in even building a single desalinization plant is insane, on top of the energy required to operate one.

I mean, it's either get past the red tape and find methods on how to power hundreds of them.

Or let southern California just run out of water.

She really was up there as one of the best characters of the show. I would have been pissed at the ending if it wasn't one of the last episodes.

It's really expensive to do so, and it harms the ecology of the ocean.

I'd expect a few plants to go up but it won't solve the problem.

We can also purify trash and sewage in to drinkable water.

But guess what?

"Ain't nobody got time for that." - The United States Government

Daemul

RIP Cali

What happens when they water goes though? I don't see people staying calm for long

Fucking fuck no. If he's making more money than I am I'm shitting in my bosses coffee mug.

I mean, if he's over here taking extravagant trips to Europe then that money must be coming from somewhere.

It will pretty much be the start of the apocalypse

I'll sit here on the safety of the East Coast remembering all the times West Coasters called us "boring" and such.

"Oh.. Cali is where all the fun is at!!!"

me - *drinks a ton of water, then proceeds to wash my car, then goes and takes a nice long shower*

no but seriously, as long as Cali been in a drought how nobody thought up of an alternate method of obtaining water is mind boggling

I mean, if he's over here taking extravagant trips to Europe then that money must be coming from somewhere.

I'll sit here on the safety of the East Coast remembering all the times West Coasters called us "boring" and such.

me - *drinks a ton of water, then proceeds to wash my car, then goes and takes a nice long shower*

no but seriously, as long as Cali been in a drought how nobody thought up of an alternate method of obtaining water is mind boggling

Apocalypses are fun though...
You know, until they actually happen

Mad Max the Road Warrior yo!

inb4hamletpostingkorrasamivsbikersgif

you'll be alright, stock up on water
More like he better stock up on football pads and leather.
be9437bed5d462a56ad31cd8fd985bc0.jpg

Shit got real in this thread.

There are plenty of ways. The real question is whether or not they're affordable. The government is willing to sit this out until the very last minute to make a decision on it, because they don't want to spend the money.

Hamlet

Adorable
tumblr_nm1vu4sDbX1rptk5lo1_1280.jpg

Here is my finished piece for the charity auction at Anime Boston this coming weekend, benefitting the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. My cousin has been suffering from MS for a long time, so I am happy to pitch in to this great cause.
Bryan

huh? what's going on in your life Jaded?
My dad has pretty much destroyed my family and emotionally scarred my sister over some petty male ego bullshit. Every time I think he'd start acting mature about it and move beyond it I find out that he says something damaging and uncalled for to either my sister or mother. If he hates us all so damn much I'd prefer it if he just left to be honest. And no it doesn't exactly feel great locking in my emotions towards this. If I thought talking to my dad about it would help the situation I would've done it months ago, but I don't. I honestly just think he'd kick me out of the house if I said anything.
Great piece. They were all very close friends to Aang and it's nice that Bryan created this for a beneficial cause.

Justice League Season 4: Clash

Superman is so salty regarding Lex. Common sense flies out the window immediately when his name comes up. Congratulations Superman, you beat up an 11 year old boy. What a PR clusterfuck. Lol Lex and Amanda Waller played Superman like a god damn fiddle.

Hunters Moon:

Hawkgirl and Vixen on the same mission, drama will ensue. God Hawkgirl rocks that tank top and yoga pants outfit HARD. It was great seeing Hawkgirl and Vixen air John's dirty laundry in the end. Vixen isn't that bad of a character, interesting powers I just don't remember her being used all that much.

-Deimos

My dad has pretty much destroyed my family and emotionally scarred my sister over some petty male ego bullshit. Every time I think he'd start acting mature about it and move beyond it I find out that he says something damaging and uncalled for to either my sister or mother. If he hates us all so damn much I'd prefer it if he just left to be honest. And no it doesn't exactly feel great locking in my emotions towards this. If I thought talking to my dad about it would help the situation I would've done it months ago, but I don't. I honestly just think he'd kick me out of the house if I said anything.

Great piece. They were all very close friends to Aang and it's nice that Bryan created this for a beneficial cause.

Superman is so salty regarding Lex. Common sense flies out the window immediately when his name comes up. Congratulations Superman, you beat up an 11 year old boy. What a PR clusterfuck. Lol Lex and Amanda Waller played Superman like a god damn fiddle.

Hunters Moon:

Hawkgirl and Vixen on the same mission, drama will ensue. God Hawkgirl rocks that tank top and yoga pants outfit HARD. It was great seeing Hawkgirl and Vixen air John's dirty laundry in the end. Vixen isn't that bad of a character, interesting powers I just don't remember her being used all that much.

Superman got fiddled hard like a chump by Lex, it was pathetic to watch. Lex really gets into his head.

Good luck with your dad, I can't really offer any advice other than keep having your sister and mom's back.

Village

We should talk.

You aren't alone

That sucks. At least you don't have to live with them if that's the case.

I haven't lived with them for going on 7 years. I really don't like visiting there for a more than a few hours. It's not like they're bad.... Far from it, just my relationship with my father has been horrible since birth. His relationship with my sisters are great, but since I'm his only son he's been a million times harder on me to the point where it drove us apart.

So, as to not once again turn this thread sour with another one of my sad stories. It's Ranma gif time

tumblr_mjgq0w4kno1qc7hceo1_500.gif

I haven't lived with them for going on 7 years. I really don't like visiting there for a more than a few hours. It's not like they're bad.... Far from it, just my relationship with my father has been horrible since birth. His relationship with my sisters are great, but since I'm his only son he's been a million times harder on me to the point where it drove us apart.

So, as to not once again turn this thread sour with another one of my sad stories. It's Ranma gif time

tumblr_mjgq0w4kno1qc7hceo1_500.gif
Well that's the Asian part. Are your sisters married?

Does your entire family have a military background?

Just about, father and grandfather were both Navy. Did 30 years a piece. Brother in law and his younger brother are Air Force with the latter getting out recently.

My father and my mother actually protested my decision to join, my father saying that I didn't need to follow in their footsteps and my mother being concerned for my safety, it was chaos when I told them I was being deployed to the Middle East, then later on South Korea after the North once again started 'popping off at the mouth' after their missile tests. (I was in the 'green' Navy... I wasn't stationed on a ship, but rather a command that deploys people around the world in support of logistics and combat operations)

My relationship with my father was still 'rocky' at best, but after I decided I wanted to get out it all just went to hell and that's where I end this story.

I like my family...

Hunters Moon:

Hunter's Moon is so fucking random. Vigilante putting in work.

But yeah, Clash is really good. It's REALLY good. It's a pity they never use Captain Marvel after that. Must not have had rights.

I'm personally not a fan of Vixen. I find her boring, though her powers are pretty cool. I feel like she exists solely to create the love triangle, and while it's not a bad story arc at all (and actually resolved really well), I find her impeccably boring. It's upsetting so much screen time was given to her when it could have been given to multiple other characters. I guess it's better than just having John and Shayera awkwardly interact with each other for however many episodes, with no real basis for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom