• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.
lok____blind__by_yinza-d88dfh4.png

Now you make me want to try it.

Eh you'll probably like it. I could say I enjoyed it for the most part as I was eating it. It was extremely sweet though, especially when you really dug into certain parts of the cookie. It was like, way to sweet, and I never say that.

I had to shiver after taking certain bites. It was so sweet, it was almost bitter.

I mean I don't know what the heck it was, but it probably had something to do specifically with the peanut butter. Bottom line I did not feel good at all a few hours later lol. I can't think about eating it without having a mini seizure in my head.

Hamlet

I'm only 4 episodes in and it's already better than most superhero movies I've seen. Sooooo good.

Oh saw the first three and I agree.

After you finish Daredevil you should all go and watch Spartacus if you haven't seen it already. Its made by the same showrunner for Daredevil Steven S. DeKnight and its even better. Though I will warn you that it takes a while to get going but boy does it get good.

exYle

Hey y'all, I encountered this post on Tumblr denoting the similarities between LoK and post-Imperial, pre-Communist China, and I thought you guys would be interested:

tumblr_inline_nml35rmzrY1qbo4n0_500.jpg

The top image, obviously is the Earth Queen Hou-Ting.

The one on the bottom is the Dowager Empress Ci Xi of China.

I don’t think I’m making up the deep similarities in their appearances and the parallels run deep into their personalities.

The first time we meet the Earth Queen, she’s seen berating some gardeners about her lands and she seems extremely preoccupied with it’s appearance.
Empress Ci Xi was considered quite tyrannical in her rule and she built extremely lavish gardens, Particularly, Ci Xi embezzled funds from the Imperial Navy to restore and expand on the Summer Palace.
Do you see where I’m going here?

The two women seem to share a lot of (unflattering) similarities in their perceived ruling styles.

Additionally, they both encountered a similar political issue during their reigns.

Earth Kingdom citizens resented that Republic City was built on Earth Kingdom land by foreign powers (Zuko: Fire Nation and Aang: Air Nomads) turning into a metropolis of modern technology and an extremely wealthy port city.
Similarily, there was a lot of discontent in China during the time of Cixi for parallel issue, that being the occupation of foreign powers on Chinese land. The Chinese were still recovering from the Opium wars and unequal treaties that gave western powers the control over some of the wealthiest Chinese port cities (Beijng, Shanghai, HK).

Full post here: http://pyrahus.tumblr.com/post/116084680647/meta-rant-the-parallels-of-legend-of-korra-s3-and

-Deimos

After you finish Daredevil you should all go and watch Spartacus if you haven't seen it already. Its made by the same showrunner for Daredevil Steven S. DeKnight and its even better. Though I will warn you that it takes a while to get going but boy does it get good.

Yeah I watched the first couple episodes but they were really slow. I've always heard good things about it so I'm going to have to start it again eventually.

Hamlet

Yeah I watched the first couple episodes but they were really slow. I've always heard good things about it so I'm going to have to start it again eventually.

Haha yeah it doesn't have the best start. For me it starts getting a lot better around episode 5 and keeps getting better from there on out. It's quite impressive just how much the show improves during that first season run. From that pretty bad first episode to one of the best season finales ever.

Yeah Daredevil is pretty good. Definitely the treatment that character deserved.

I just finished episode 7, and so far my only issue is Vincent D'onofrio's Kingpin. He has no presence, I feel like. In the comics Kingpin always gave off this "Holy shit" vibe when he was in the room. This big, ruthless, powerful fucker. His presence should make you feel small. Granted, the character is played as ruthless and powerful. He does some shit, but the presence is lacking.

For all the shit that the Daredevil movie gets, Michael Clarke Duncan (R.I.P.) was a damn perfect choice. Nailed all the parts of Kingpin.

Otherwise, good series. Very much looking forward to the rest of the Marvel Netflix lineup.

Welp, I finally broke down and caught up on Bleach.

>only one reaction
>
8dZZTx6.gif

God this manga is a piece of work/shit.
I do not watch any of the big 3 shounen shows and seeing the reactions to Bleach and Naruto keep me away. The only new shounen show I watch is Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

Ray Down

Banned
I do not watch any of the big 3 shounen shows and seeing the reactions to Bleach and Naruto keep me away. The only new shounen show I watch is Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

I would still recommended One Piece (manga not the anime), unlike the other two while the time skip so far isn't the same quality as pre-skip its still a fun read and dosen't fall of the quality cliff like Bleach did during Deicide and Naruto during part 2.

I agree with JoJo anime, hell its the only new anime that has stuck with me.

Daemul

Spartacus was the best, nice to see DeKnight get some recognition for it.

Ray Down

Banned
It starts off slow but give it a few episodes. Not many women to thirst on though. It's a show about being about a man. That Kuvira picture you sent me yesterday is a spoof of a key scene from the first season.
You mean this?:

tumblr_nml0vjeJbm1u7bqplo1_400.jpg

tumblr_nml0vjeJbm1u7bqplo2_400.jpg

waaat?!

One of my prerequisites before starting a show is to see how many thirst worthy women are there. If I can't watch a show dehydrated... why live?

There really isn't many woman in JoJo at-least until part 6.

Although most of the woman are either not hot or you would want a 30 foot pole between you and them.

There are like 3 woman I like in JoJo and thats Liza Liza (she just hot but not much to her), that chick from part 4 (same as Liza but less hot) and Jolyne (one of the two JoJos that get any development).

Although I would also take season 2 Korra crazy and all.

Veelk

Banned
About to start watching Daredevil. Excited because he's Marvel's Batman Number 3, so my expectations are high.

I'm always going to resent Marvel a little bit because I know the superior comic book universe will never realize it's potential this way

About to start watching Daredevil. Excited because he's Marvel's Batman Number 3, so my expectations are high.

I'm always going to resent Marvel a little bit because I know the superior comic book universe will never realize it's potential this way

I've always seen Batman has having the far superior rogues' gallery, but I'll always prefer Matt Murdock as a character over him.

Ray Down

Banned

You prefer DC to Marvel?

I keeping hearing that its pretty good.

Would be interested in your take

Now you make me curious, wants in your PMs?

also some neat fan art:
tumblr_nerhr8pAou1tibkx1o1_500.jpg

tumblr_niy829Z5bY1u80xjyo1_500.jpg
Depending on how pervy you are you might not be able to handle it. I have gigs upon gigs upon gigs upon gigs upon gigs....of yeah I'm just not going to finish the rest of this sentence. Kuvira in the second pic looks Japanese.

Depending on how pervy you are you might not be able to handle it. I have gigs upon gigs upon gigs upon gigs upon gigs....of yeah I'm just not going to finish the rest of this sentence. Kuvira in the second pic looks Japanese.

Shockingly... I don't have any.... erm, stuff on my PC

I stream.

360pages

I have to say, Black Hole creation is probably one of the coolest powers ever.

Been playing Pirate Warriors 2, and I'm surprised how much fun BlackBeard is to play as.

As on the Avatar front, maybe one day we'll get a animated movie.

*real tears brehs*

This is Kuvira dancing to Janet Jackson's 'Pleasure Principle' by Lin-the-bae-fong on tumblr

This is from my AU fic I'm doing and I didn't even ask her to draw it she just did.

Wow.
Kuvira...stop being so god damn hot. No wonder why there's a Suvira ship. You just know Kuvira couldn't grow up and look like that without Su wanting to sample those goods.

Kuvira...stop being so god damn hot. No wonder why there's a Suvira ship. You just know Kuvira couldn't grow up and look like that without Su wanting to sample those goods.

She probably didn't even know who she was until she started coming of age. "Who is that attractive young woman?" "Su, you adopted her 10 years ago"

"Huh?"

She probably didn't even know who she was until she started coming of age. "Who is that attractive young woman?" "Su, you adopted her 10 years ago"

"Huh?"
Why do you think Su was that formal about it? She was probably more like, "Got damn who dat hot bitch?" That's your adopted daughter Su." "Seriously?" "Yes." "She legal yet?" "No, but she will be in 6 months." *Su marks the date on her calendar* "Imma go buy her some lingerie."

Ray Down

Banned
Why do you think Su was that formal about it? She was probably more like, "Got damn who dat hot bitch?" That's your adopted daughter Su." "Seriously?" "Yes." "She legal yet?" "No, but she will be in 6 months." *Su marks the date on her calendar* "Imma go buy her some lingerie."

Su going all Woody Allen on Kuvira ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom