• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veelk

Banned
Given the fairy tale talk lately, I decided to check how long it'd take before we get unnecessary fanservice in the latest chapter. Counting the cover, it is 3 panels. Feel free to drop a Veelk any time Ray.

Ray Down

Banned
Given the fairy tale talk lately, I decided to check how long it'd take before we get unnecessary fanservice in the latest chapter. Counting the cover, it is 3 panels. Feel free to drop a Veelk any time Ray.

I'll defiantly make it tomorrow, got to leave to drop off a friend at the airport and then hang with my bro.

When I do it it will be in parts going over from the start when it was good to now.

Both shows I will probably never ever watch.

Never watched Black Butler it never really appealed to me.

Supernatural is good through the first 5 seasons I would recomend those seasons.

Okay six season and just awful for the rest imo.
Black Butler's first season is phenomenal, in my opinion. Really fucking good, and in my opinion, a perfect revenge story. It really is.

S2 is just garbage.

Supernatural's first 5 seasons are really good, honestly. Just good television.
Supernatural got better after the whole leviathan bullshit. It's not too bad right now.

It really didn't get any better. Leviathans were at least new territory for the show. The current Carver and Singer showrunning duo is just re-treading old ground. Erasing any new territory that was had. Notice how leviathans are no longer mentioned at all? Or how there was essentially zero fallout from the leviathans? At least Gamble had fresh ideas. Carver and Singer are just dragging out the exact same tired bullshit. S9 is the worst. It hasn't gotten better until now with S10, and even then the show is ROUGH. And on top of that, it took 5 SEASONS just to get the show back to a decent level of consistency. Will S11 be better? Maybe. But who the fuck cares? IT'S BEEN 11 SEASONS AT THAT POINT. LIKE, THE HELL?

-Deimos

Black Butler's first season is phenomenal, in my opinion. Really fucking good, and in my opinion, a perfect revenge story. It really is.

S2 is just garbage.

Supernatural's first 5 seasons are really good, honestly. Just good television.

It really didn't get any better. Leviathans were at least new territory for the show. The current Carver and Singer showrunning duo is just re-treading old ground. Erasing any new territory that was had. Notice how leviathans are no longer mentioned at all? Or how there was essentially zero fallout from the leviathans? At least Gamble had fresh ideas. Carver and Singer are just dragging out the exact same tired bullshit. S9 is the worst. It hasn't gotten better until now with S10, and even then the show is ROUGH. And on top of that, it took 5 SEASONS just to get the show back to a decent level of consistency. Will S11 be better? Maybe. But who the fuck cares? IT'S BEEN 11 SEASONS AT THAT POINT. LIKE, THE HELL?

I agree they're retreading old ground and that the show should have ended a while ago, but at least the current season isn't absolute garbage like the leviathan one. Basically just something decent to watch to pass the time. And I thought this was supposed to be the last season, are we actually getting one more?

Super Natural gets 11 seasons, Smallville got 10, Angel got 5. Fucking criminal.
And if what I read is correct, it got 5 seasons because Joss asked ahead of time because he didn't like getting the confirmations so late. He wanted to know much earlier so he could get started earlier on writing (because he does love to write).

Then they were like "Ya done kid." It's upsetting. And apparently from the sounds of it all he wanted was one more season.
I agree they're retreading old ground and that the show should have ended a while ago, but at least the current season isn't absolute garbage like the leviathan one. Basically just something decent to watch to pass the time. And I thought this was supposed to be the last season, are we actually getting one more?

S7 is no more or less garbage than 10. It really isn't. And yes, we are getting 11. It was renewed a few months ago.

And if what I read is correct, it got 5 seasons because Joss asked ahead of time because he didn't like getting the confirmations so late. He wanted to know much earlier so he could get started earlier on writing (because he does love to write).

Then they were like "Ya done kid." It's upsetting. And apparently from the sounds of it all he wanted was one more season.
And this here is why I pretty much boycotted all of WB's new shows. I'm thinking about watching Nikita and The 100 at least now.

-Deimos

S7 is no more or less garbage than 10. It really isn't. And yes, we are getting 11. It was renewed a few months ago.
God dammit just let it die.
I've heard so many mixed things about both. My next superhero show will be Dare Devil.
The 100 and Flash are absolutely amazing. Arrow is good at first but the drama starts killing it S2 onward. Daredevil is a must watch too.

I've heard so many mixed things about both. My next superhero show will be Dare Devil.
I think The Flash is actually a good show. I don't really understand any of the complaints towards it, mostly because almost every criticism begins and ends with some permutation of "It's garbage." Arrow, on the other hand, is...it's definitely...something. I understand essentially every complaint. I enjoy it, though.
God dammit just let it die.

Boy have I felt that way for the past 3 years.

It's a mix of two things:

1. The show is cheap to make

2. Makes money.

I mean there making a spinoff. Hopefully 11 will be the last season but I really doubt that.

There's no spinoff. Unless they're trying to do yet another one. They tried Bloodlines, and it failed miserably because the backdoor pilot was pure garbage (One of many things that makes S9 so bad).

I recall reading an interview before S10 came out with, I believe the new head of the CW, and he said that while he loves the show, he doesn't want the show to start dropping ratings during his run because that'd be the mark of a failure. Basically, the show getting a S11 would be unlikely, and if it did, that would be the last season.

That was the vibe I got out of the interview, but I'm far too lazy to go and look for it.

-Deimos

It's a mix of two things:

1. The show is cheap to make

2. Makes money.

I mean there making a spinoff. Hopefully 11 will be the last season but I really doubt that.
One of the reasons I kept watching was because I thought it was going to end. I blame the fangirls for this.

Good to know. Hamlet has good taste without the side effect of Veelk's lengthy explanations. I should enjoy this when I find the time...I need a clone.

I can only do so much... ungrateful I swear.
tumblr_nmtrjj5yRX1u8b2tjo1_1280.png

Kuvira redemption arc please.

Wat redemption arc?. Righting righteous is a tad redundant, dont u agree? The only possible "sins" Kuvira committed was her unyielding drive to bare the burdens of the people. To be the voice for the people, to be their shepherd and their iron fist. Victory and conquest made her, living in defeat and inglorious is to die a thousand times. The only real possible redemption arc for Kuvira is to take the sword again. And pick up the people's crown with her sword, to hang aloof at its guard.

Seriously though, what they written, mainly the ethnic cleansing/containment, is too much of a clusterfuck for them to weaved into something palpable and readable. It would require a big ass retcon of her character/Season 4. Or to be more precise, to properly characterize Kuvira consistently for the first time. Can't really think of plausible scenarios with Kuvira that would be meaningful at the moment.

Ray Down

Banned
Okay, for my tldr on Fairy Tail I'm just skimming through the latest chapters.

There another fucking time skip and Grey has become Sasuke.... Hopefully this time skip isn't as useless as the last time skip fairy tail had.

Comment I found on reddit about Bolin

Well Bolin is kinda sleazy.
The first thing Mako says about Korra is asking if she is another one of Bolins fan girls, implying he does it a lot.
He goes through the more relationships or attempts than anyone. (Korra,Eska,Ginger, Opal)
He kisses Ginger without her consent when she is tied down.
Really makes me wonder why everyone hates on Mako when he really only made mistakes in season 1 and yet people still give him crap for it.

Mako > Bolin confirmed

Toa TAK

Banned
Dude have you seen Daredevil yet?

No... Mako still ain't shit, won't be shit, and won't account to shit so fuck him and his shark brows.
At least Mako never sexually assaulted someone. He fucked with two women's sexual orientation, but he never sexually assaulted them.

JLU Season 4: Epilogue:

Seeing Terry storm Wallers mansion without even using the suit shows that Terry came a long way and stepped his game up post Beyond. Man Bruce is cryptic looking in this episode, can't have much in the way of a heart to heart conversation with the guy either. Dana still hot as fuck and loyal. "Bruce's DNA was easy enough to maintain, he left it all over town." *Terry cocks eyebrow* "Not remotely what I meant!" I love how the end of "Epilogue" is an homage to the first ep of Batman the Animated Series.

Season 5: I Am Legion:

Lol at the Superfriends Legion of Doom lair. Damn, Luthor thirsty for that Brainiac crack. Does Flash ever get with Fire?

Veelk

Banned
Dude have you seen Daredevil yet?

Yeah, finished it monday. It's good. Will make a lengthier post later.

Good to know. Hamlet has good taste without the side effect of Veelk's lengthy explanations. I should enjoy this when I find the time...I need a clone.

Psh. There is no such thing as good tastes until you know why they like it. For example, I know a guy who exclusively read classical stuff like Paradise Lost and the Illiad. Wow, he must be one sophisticated motherfucker, right? No, he specifically did it because he wanted to impress other people by giving intellectual allusions. When I questioned him in the material, he didn't even remember anything except the broad strokes. What people like is immaterial. Why they like it is the more important part. Bitch about all the space I take up if you want, it's better than people picking out what they like and not giving actual reasons for it.

Psh. There is no such thing as good tastes until you know why they like it. For example, I know a guy who exclusively read classical stuff like Paradise Lost and the Illiad. Wow, he must be one sophisticated motherfucker, right? No, he specifically did it because he wanted to impress other people by giving intellectual allusions. When I questioned him in the material, he didn't even remember anything except the broad strokes. What people like is immaterial. Why they like it is the more important part. Bitch about all the space I take up if you want, it's better than people picking out what they like and not giving actual reasons for it.
Lol that's pretty true. Sometimes at like 11:45pm before you're about to go to sleep you really just do not want to read anything lengthy, but I know what you mean. Usually with me I just like something for the story, characters and dialogue. If I can find a theme in that that appeals to me that helps as well. It's like when people mention Baccano as one of the best animes ever...for me it's not. The characters, tone, story and pretty much everything else just isn't for me. I've seen it twice and didn't care for it both times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom