• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kuvira killed someone.

Took me a bit to remember who she explicitly killed.
2711771-8871551940-tumbl.gif

Observing a first time KLK watcher on tumblr descend into waifu Satsuki-sama madness. She is a Toa-level Kuvira stan, and now she is talking like myself and Jaded when it comes to Satsuki.

-Deimos

Hm just noticed Ukyo and Hitomi from Escaflowne have the same VA. I probably wouldn't have noticed on my own, they sound nothing alike. Speaking of VAs
Metal Gear x Avatar crossover confirmed. edit: This pic is pretty old. I thought it looked familiar.

Hm just noticed Ukyo and Hitomi from Escaflowne have the same VA. I probably wouldn't have noticed on my own, they sound nothing alike. Speaking of VAs

Metal Gear x Avatar crossover confirmed. edit: This pic is pretty old. I thought it looked familiar.
Well they're both Ocean studio dubs so it makes a lot of sense. Hayter should send Grey Delisle after Kojima.

-Deimos

Well they're both Ocean studio dubs so it makes a lot of sense. Hayter should send Grey Delisle after Kojima.

She voiced Diana from Martin Mystery too wtf. I don't know if I'm deaf or if she's really talented. Probably both.

Martin Mystery is another superior Canadian cartoon btw.

She voiced Diana from Martin Mystery too wtf. I don't know if I'm deaf or if she's really talented. Probably both.
The only Ocean actors that I think usually sound the same are Brian Drummond, Brad Swaile and Scott Mcneill, but even then Mcneill is damn good at hiding who he is.

At least Mako never sexually assaulted someone. He fucked with two women's sexual orientation, but he never sexually assaulted them.

JLU Season 4: Epilogue:

Seeing Terry storm Wallers mansion without even using the suit shows that Terry came a long way and stepped his game up post Beyond. Man Bruce is cryptic looking in this episode, can't have much in the way of a heart to heart conversation with the guy either. Dana still hot as fuck and loyal. "Bruce's DNA was easy enough to maintain, he left it all over town." *Terry cocks eyebrow* "Not remotely what I meant!" I love how the end of "Epilogue" is an homage to the first ep of Batman the Animated Series.

Season 5: I Am Legion:

Lol at the Superfriends Legion of Doom lair. Damn, Luthor thirsty for that Brainiac crack. Does Flash ever get with Fire?
Epilogue is one of the most moving episodes of anything I've ever seen. Truth.
I don't think Fire swings that way.

So that's what Shayera meant by "Brazilian."
It's implied that she might be bi with Ice, but it's just an implication. When Shayera said she's Brazilian I think she was just taunting Wally by giving him the obvious statement "She's Brazilian. The fuck do I know beyond that? Go talk to her!" I'm pretty sure that's all it really was.

I love how that thread immediately turned into the thing that the video talks about. Hilarious. I had to bail quickly.

Epilogue is one of the most moving episodes of anything I've ever seen. Truth.

It's implied that she might be bi with Ice, but it's just an implication. When Shayera said she's Brazilian I think she was just taunting Wally by giving him the obvious statement "She's Brazilian. The fuck do I know beyond that? Go talk to her!" I'm pretty sure that's all it really was.

I love how that thread immediately turned into the thing that the video talks about. Hilarious. I had to bail quickly.
Are anime fans really that fucking bad? I must be too laid back by comparison. Batman Beyond is just one of my favorites just because Terry is drastically different from Bruce. His deadpan snark humor is great.

-Deimos

The only Ocean actors that I think usually sound the same are Brian Drummond, Brad Swaile and Scott Mcneill, but even then Mcneill is damn good at hiding who he is.

I recognized Richard Ian Cox immediately the other day in Ranma. All of a sudden I'm hearing Inuyasha's voice and I haven't seen that since it aired on TV like 10 years ago. Shame about the VA change, old one was much better.

Kojima to direct the next Avatar game confirmed.

I recognized Richard Ian Cox immediately the other day in Ranma. All of a sudden I'm hearing Inuyasha's voice and I haven't seen that since it aired on TV like 10 years ago. Shame about the VA change, old one was much better.
You want to have fun with Ocean actors then watch Gundam shows. The same 5 people can usually be found SOMEWHERE in a Gundam show.
The Avatar state will be fueled by nanomachines.

-Deimos

You want to have fun with Ocean actors then watch Gundam shows. The same 5 people can usually be found SOMEWHERE in a Gundam show.

The Avatar state will be fueled by nanomachines.

Yeah I looked up the Gundam series a while ago when I remembered watching Gundam Wing as a kid.

Ain't nobody got time for that.

dammit dp

Yeah I looked up the Gundam series a while ago when I remembered watching Gundam Wing as a kid.

Ain't nobody got time for that.

dammit dp
I've seen so much Gundam it's not even funny. Most are pretty good shows actually too. Wing is actually a pretty decent starting point.

Are anime fans really that fucking bad? I must be too laid back by comparison. Batman Beyond is just one of my favorites just because Terry is drastically different from Bruce. His deadpan snark humor is great.
Well Terry was based off of Peter Parker. See, WB wanted Timm and Dini to make a "young Batman" series because they felt the older Bruce (who's in his 30s at least) wasn't connecting enough with the kids. Little did they realize that little kids didn't give a shit because fuck it, Batman's cool and does cool things. So they instead said "No we're not doing young Bruce. We'll do Batman in the future and a successor to Bruce." Then they based his personality off of Peter Parker.

Also yes, the general anime fandom is bad. It makes anime as a whole really hard to get into because of the fans. They're not open to newcomers and I think it's primarily because the medium that they're fans of is a foreign one and since they appreciate a non-American medium, they feel more "sophisticated" than everyone else and therefore a bigger authority on "quality" as compared to others. There's a reason why the "Your favorite anime is shit" meme exists. Look at any anime suggestion threads: they just boil down to full on shit talking what other people like. It's gross.

Never mind the fact that they won't just admit they like Japanese cartoons, as that's all anime is, they get offended by it. Like, holy shit. I consider myself a fan of anime, but I don't like associating with the general fandom of said medium.

Manga fans, however for some reason, are way more accepting and chill. I'll never understand that.
YEEEESSSSS

Well Terry was based off of Peter Parker. See, WB wanted Timm and Dini to make a "young Batman" series because they felt the older Bruce (who's in his 30s at least) wasn't connecting enough with the kids. Little did they realize that little kids didn't give a shit because fuck it, Batman's cool and does cool things. So they instead said "No we're not doing young Bruce. We'll do Batman in the future and a successor to Bruce." Then they based his personality off of Peter Parker.

Also yes, the general anime fandom is bad. It makes anime as a whole really hard to get into because of the fans. They're not open to newcomers and I think it's primarily because the medium that they're fans of is a foreign one and since they appreciate a non-American medium, they feel more "sophisticated" than everyone else and therefore a bigger authority on "quality" as compared to others. There's a reason why the "Your favorite anime is shit" meme exists. Look at any anime suggestion threads: they just boil down to full on shit talking what other people like. It's gross.

Never mind the fact that they won't just admit they like Japanese cartoons, as that's all anime is, they get offended by it. Like, holy shit. I consider myself a fan of anime, but I don't like associating with the general fandom of said medium.

Manga fans, however for some reason, are way more accepting and chill. I'll never understand that.
I will never understand how close minded they are. My girlfriend is getting into anime so I just let her borrow some dvd's and we talk about the show. Is talking so hard for these people?

I one-up you. Kojima directing the next Avatar game... that's developed by Platinum and given a sizable budget.

Opening battle is the Colossus, while Rules of Nature... sorry, I meant to say RULES OF NATURE!!! is playing, and ending with Korra throwing the Colossus into space and punching it to death.

I will never understand how close minded they are. My girlfriend is getting into anime so I just let her borrow some dvd's and we talk about the show. Is talking so hard for these people?
I've asked that question many a time, both about and to a great number of people. There are never any good answers.

The biggest issue is dub wars. That's the biggest problem, because any time there's something that has multiple ways to enjoy it, arguments about which is the better way will always happen. The thing is, when it comes to things like any one of GAF's many pizza threads for example, there's at least a certain degree of humor and self-criticism. Just because I say that you might be a vile heathen for putting broccoli on your pizza doesn't mean I actually think it
(you're a monster now go die)

But with dub wars, it becomes a condescending and hateful clusterfuck. Everyone hates each other and it's pathetic. Especially with DBZ, since there's at least 10 different dubs of that, everyone fucking rages over it. It's ridiculous, because everyone is enjoying the exact same content, but apparently no matter what way you enjoy it, you're enjoying it the wrong way. It's a level of smugness that can only be approached by the current Souls series fanbase, which is a disgusting level of smug and condescending that I can't comprehend even a little bit.

I've asked that question many a time, both about and to a great number of people. There are never any good answers.

The biggest issue is dub wars. That's the biggest problem, because any time there's something that has multiple ways to enjoy it, arguments about which is the better way will always happen. The thing is, when it comes to things like any one of GAF's many pizza threads for example, there's at least a certain degree of humor and self-criticism. Just because I say that you might be a vile heathen for putting broccoli on your pizza doesn't mean I actually think it
(you're a monster now go die)

But with dub wars, it becomes a condescending and hateful clusterfuck. Everyone hates each other and it's pathetic. Especially with DBZ, since there's at least 10 different dubs of that, everyone fucking rages over it. It's ridiculous, because everyone is enjoying the exact same content, but apparently no matter what way you enjoy it, you're enjoying it the wrong way. It's a level of smugness that can only be approached by the current Souls series fanbase, which is a disgusting level of smug and condescending that I can't comprehend even a little bit.
I don't get dubbed wars either. There's some stuff I like dubbed and there's stuff I like subbed. It's nothing worth arguing over to me. Now if a dub is bad then fine, but man it's not worth splintering the community over, just enjoy the show.

I don't get dubbed wars either. There's some stuff I like dubbed and there's stuff I like subbed. It's nothing worth arguing over to me. Now if a dub is bad then fine, but man it's not worth splintering the community over, just enjoy the show.

But no one seems to get it. See, you aren't getting the right level enjoyment out of it if you don't enjoy it correctly.

I've watched many anime, both sub and dub, and I will always ALWAYS prefer dub. If a dub is available, I will watch it. If I don't like the dub, but like the anime I'll switch to the sub, usually Japanese. If I still don't like that dub, but like the anime, I'll switch to which ever one sounds the best. If I STILL can't watch it, then I turn it off and find something else to watch/do.

As is my anime watching process.

But no one seems to get it. See, you aren't getting the right level enjoyment out of it if you don't enjoy it correctly.

I've watched many anime, both sub and dub, and I will always ALWAYS prefer dub. If a dub is available, I will watch it. If I don't like the dub, but like the anime I'll switch to the sub, usually Japanese. If I still don't like that dub, but like the anime, I'll switch to which ever one sounds the best. If I STILL can't watch it, then I turn it off and find something else to watch/do.

As is my anime watching process.
I've never really hated a sub outside of Goku's and Kenshin's sub voice. When a woman is voicing a little boy I don't care. When a woman is voicing a guy then that's a completely different story from me. Kind of breaks the immersion for me. Though whomever voiced Soujiro is Kenshin's dub did a good job of finding the right balance since he's voiced by a woman. I guess it just depends on how it's all balanced out to me on that front.

Ray Down

Banned
I one-up you. Kojima directing the next Avatar game... that's developed by Platinum and given a sizable budget.

Opening battle is the Colossus, while Rules of Nature... sorry, I meant to say RULES OF NATURE!!! is playing, and ending with Korra throwing the Colossus into space and punching it to death.

I wish this could happen, the Korra game was pretty good considering its budget and download only. Imagine if you gave platinum a budget to do one, but would they follow the story or make there own?

Imagine the season 2 final fight, its stupid and dumb fun I want to see platinum make it even crazier. Like Korra can take Aang statue staff and beat Unavaatu.

They could make different characters with different movesets and such...to bad it will never happen.
iAtOkfc.png

I wish this could happen, the Korra game was pretty good considering its budget and download only. Imagine if you gave platinum a budget to do one, but would they follow the story or make there own?

Imagine the season 2 final fight, its stupid and dumb fun I want to see platinum make it even crazier. Like Korra can take Aang statue staff and beat Unavaatu.

They could make different characters with different movesets and such...to bad it will never happen.
iAtOkfc.png
Give Kyoshi a Zandatsu game so she can bathe in the blood of her enemies. I wouldn't mind a GTA like game for Lin where she drives around the city, solves crimes and beats the shit out of criminals. Give Kuvira an action game with a DDR mini game as well.

Give Kyoshi a Zandatsu game so she can bathe in the blood of her enemies. I wouldn't mind a GTA like game for Lin where she drives around the city, solves crimes and beats the shit out of criminals. Give Kuvira an action game with a DDR mini game as well.

I think a Lin or Mako game done in the style of L.A. Noire would be very interesting. I mean, Mako's arc in B2 was practically Film Noir, so it would be a good fit, plus the general time period Republic City is based off of is the 1920s-1930s, the prime time of Film Noir.

I think a Lin or Mako game done in the style of L.A. Noire would be very interesting. I mean, Mako's arc in B2 was practically Film Noir, so it would be a good fit, plus the general time period Republic City is based off of is the 1920s-1930s, the prime time of Film Noir.
This is true as well. Though I can imagine the person being questioned will say just about anything to get Lin to stop screaming at them.

That'll be interesting and Mako would probably get Cole's ending. Then everyone in the Krew would've gotten what they wanted in the end.

What's with these big eye browed women turning Tumblr girls into lesbians?

Truthfully, every Tumblr girl I know ain't straight.... lmao.

I'm like the sole abnormality in my Tumblr circle being a straight male and all... lol., though we all share the same amount of thirst towards animated women.

That'll be interesting and Mako would probably get Cole's ending. Then everyone in the Krew would've gotten what they wanted in the end.

I think part of the reason I like Mako as a character is because he does sort of remind me of Cole, and I like Cole. Sure, he's by-the-book, and some people may think he's boring... like people think Mako is, but I found him a really interesting character, with flaws that he doesn't seem to ever recognize until the end, and always trying to do the right thing. Sort of like Mako.

I think a detective game set after B4 would be interesting. You can even have property scams as Republic City tries to rebuild. PROPERTY SCAMS, that's as much of trope in Film Noir as the corrupt business man.

I love that ending it just comes out of nowhere and its hilarious.

He just stops and then boom,its like the Pa Kent scene in Man of Steel.

I thought the ending worked, honestly. I mean, the entire game you see that Cole's by-the-book nature, which helps him be a good cop,
made him an absolutely terrible army captain, and led to the events which caused the major crimes the Arson and Vice desks surround. The ending is him realising that if he tries playing this one by the book, he'll get all of them killed, and finally let go of the case, managing to save Elsa and Jack at the cost of his own life.

Truthfully, every Tumblr girl I know ain't straight.... lmao.

I'm like the sole abnormality in my Tumblr circle being a straight male and all... lol., though we all share the same amount of thirst towards animated women.
Man that site has the weirdest community. Everyone there must be so thirsty.

Ray Down

Banned
I thought the ending worked, honestly. I mean, the entire game you see that Cole's by-the-book nature, which helps him be a good cop,
made him an absolutely terrible army captain, and led to the events which caused the major crimes the Arson and Vice desks surround. The ending is him realising that if he tries playing this one by the book, he'll get all of them killed, and finally let go of the case, managing to save Elsa and Jack at the cost of his own life.

Are you sure he realized that?

Maybe, I should replay La Noire again I did enjoy it and with me knowing how to breeze through the story it shouldn't take that long.

Oh and before Veelk says anything, I'll make the first part of the FT TLDR once I get home. I can't really make a post like that at work.

Are you sure he realized that?

Maybe, I should replay La Noire again I did enjoy it and with me knowing how to breeze through the story it shouldn't take that long.

Oh and before Veelk says anything, I'll make the first part of the FT TLDR once I get home. I can't really make a post like that at work.

That's the sense I got from the ending, and I did just replay it last summer.
When Cole and Jack finally find Elsa in the sewers with Ira, and Ira tells Cole how he ordered him to burn down the cave full of civilians, and Cole almost sort of resigns himself to the fact that he was responsible in part for causing the arsons. When Cole tries to argue that he needs Ira to make his case, and Jack tells him he suffered enough because of him, Cole gives up surprisingly easy, for a guy who aggressively hunted the Black Dahlia killer, and kept looking into Elysian, in order to save Elsa, and keep her out of harms way. When he lifts Jack up first, I always saw it as his apology for causing all of this, including putting Jack in danger to pursue the Monroe case.

It's neither a happy nor satisfying ending, but forget it Jake, it's Chinatown.

All this L.A Noire talk makes me want to replay it on PC w/ 60FPS unlock mod/whatever. The Cole and Mako comparison is surprisingly apt, general personality and almost the same human flaws [u know wat I'm talkin aboot]. Plus, Cole got what Mako wanted, Cole stays winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom