• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lawd that girl who does the S3 Kuvira cosplay got me all types of thirsty with her new Korrasami photoset, I had to run to the sink and drink water fresh from the tap.

I already sent the link to my brother in thirst, but if you want it to either look it up on tumblr or ask
She's perfect as Kuvira or Satsuki, why would she lower herself to Asami's level.

She's perfect as Kuvira or Satsuki, why would she lower herself to Asami's level.

Because she needed it to sell / be popular.

It works the same way with fan fics and fan art in the fandom.

Fics and art with other ships can do bad to okay based on how good you write/draw.

Do anything to appease the collective however, you going platinum first week.

Lawd that girl who does the S3 Kuvira cosplay got me all types of thirsty with her new Korrasami photoset, I had to run to the sink and drink water fresh from the tap.

I already sent the link to my brother in thirst, but if you want it to either look it up on tumblr or ask

Hit a brother up via PM

Hook a brotha up with the links if you may. I need to distract myself from a goof that severed my ties to the M&B community.

1291751719_kid-drinking-water-from-hose-fail.gif

Episode Duscae was the name of the FFXV demo that came with Type-0.

Apparently they're doing another version of it with changes based on fan feedback.

Episode Duscae was the name of the FFXV demo that came with Type-0.

Apparently they're doing another version of it with changes based on fan feedback.
I wonder what game they're going to package that in with. I still need to download the original version since I still haven't opened up Type 0 since I currently have a life and because I'm still playing Bloodborne, go figure.
Bruh just imagine how thirsty you would be if she did it dressed as Kuvira or as this:
1378570_379629845537781_4365564619843401145_n.jpg

You'd be fucking dehydrated.
57896804.jpg

Altairre

Yeah I didn't think TDKR was as bad as GAF thinks either. It definitely isn't my favorite from the Nolan trilogy, that would probably be a toss up between TDK and BB.

Same here. I enjoyed TDKR a lot in spite of some of the dumb shit that's in that movie. And Bane might not be perfect but he's leagues above the average MCU villain. Ultron was better than most but still far from great (I love that movie but c'mon Marvel, get your shit together when it comes to the antagonist.)

Same here. I enjoyed TDKR a lot in spite of some of the dumb shit that's in that movie. And Bane might not be perfect but he's leagues above the average MCU villain. Ultron was better than most but still far from great (I love that movie but c'mon Marvel, get your shit together when it comes to the antagonist.)
The problem with the MCU antagonists is that they pretty much have 0 flair or personality.

The problem with the MCU antagonists is that they pretty much have 0 flair or personality.

Loki has to carry the weight the entire time.

Also, why is everyone talking like they've seen Avengers 2 already?

What the hell is going on in here, I feel like the damn Road Warrior every time I'm visiting this thread.

Where you been man? We haven't heard peep nor "she's not my waifu" from you in a long time.

Altairre

Loki has to carry the weight the entire time.

Also, why is everyone talking like they've seen Avengers 2 already?

Because it's already out here. But yeah Loki is the only great villain in the MCU (if you count the Daredevil show Fisk is as well but since it's a TV show the circumstances are a bit different). They keep casting good/great actors for the villain roles and then they do jackshit with that.

Loki is the only good one. I can only imagine if that would be the case if they got somebody other than Hiddleston for the role. The dude is fun and pretty much is that character on screen.
Turns out they're making another DBZ show...
beating-a-dead-horse-jpg.143037

Say that, but as much Xenoverse sold and the hype surrounding the last two movies no matter how bullshit they were. It was bound to happen

Loki is the only good one. I can only imagine if that would be the case if they got somebody other than Hiddleston for the role. The dude is fun and pretty much is that character on screen.
Turns out they're making another DBZ show...
beating-a-dead-horse-jpg.143037

I saw. What the fuck else is there left to do? They've already established that Goku is basically the third strongest being in the universe after Bills and Whis, who are gods.

How much more can they job Vegeta, Gohan, and everyone else not named Goku?

I saw. What the fuck else is there left to do? They've already established that Goku is basically the third strongest being in the universe after Bills and Whis, who are gods.

Vegeta gonna job so hard in the new series and you know it. Best thing about YYH is that the crew didn't job at all. They only lost to the main...main threat and even Hiei thought he could take the younger Toguro brother. I think Hiei and Kurama beat more people in the Dark Tournament saga alone than Vegeta or anybody else during the main series.
Best part about Bane in TDKR was the voice lol

its fucking hilarious
I loved his lambskin coat. Dude looked posh as fuck.

Not exactly if they actually pull the "there is a god of destruction for every universe" card

Veelk

Banned
It's truly stupid. I'm not opposed to reviving old franchises, but with DBZ, they should have gone for a straight up retelling of the tale, focusing more on developing the characters with a greater balance sheet between everyone. Hell, an alternative universe where Gohan had become the main character of DBZ would have been better. They even have a justification for it with multiverse theory being a thing in the DBZ mythos.

I'd be more optimisitc if DBZ F wasn't such an obvious cash in on the series most recognizable villain coming back to get his face pounded in round 2. This series isn't being revived because there is a belief there are untold stories still yet to be revealed in the DBZ universe, it's just one of the most transparent marketing ploys in a while.

I hate being a cynic about this, but it's hard not to be when the evidence for it is right there in your face.

360pages

It's truly stupid. I'm not opposed to reviving old franchises, but with DBZ, they should have gone for a straight up retelling of the tale, focusing more on developing the characters with a greater balance sheet between everyone. Hell, an alternative universe where Gohan had become the main character of DBZ would have been better. They even have a justification for it with multiverse theory being a thing in the DBZ mythos.

I'd be more optimisitc if DBZ F wasn't such an obvious cash in on the series most recognizable villain coming back to get his face pounded in round 2. This series isn't being revived because there is a belief there are untold stories still yet to be revealed in the DBZ universe, it's just one of the most transparent marketing ploys in a while.

I hate being a cynic about this, but it's hard not to be when the evidence for it is right there in your face.

Hmm it was kind of bound to happen the original idea was to make a movie series. But they realized introducing 12 gods was too much for the 4 movies they probably had planned. So a new series was made.

Gohan was supposed to kill Buu, but fans didn't like him as much as Goku so AT said why not and shifted the story so Goku would be the hero.

Village

Vegeta gonna job so hard in the new series and you know it. Best thing about YYH is that the crew didn't job at all. They only lost to the main...main threat and even Hiei thought he could take the younger Toguro brother. I think Hiei and Kurama beat more people in the Dark Tournament saga alone than Vegeta or anybody else during the main series.

I loved his lambskin coat. Dude looked posh as fuck.

The last movie was the greatest vegeta backhanded compliment, ever.

Veggie, ain't my favorite dbz character, but I gotta feel for hard core veggie stans who have to see this an job all the time. This last movie established the only reason veggie wasn't just s strong as goku the entire time, was because he never had formal martial arts training and training how to train. Even during the cell saga that while goku is a imbecile, he knows how to fight. he also knows how to teach you to fight. Because there were masters who taught him. Veggie was just a refugee, and just scrapped. Hell he didn't even know how to sense ki, no one did they never had formal training. Veggie gets to train with a master BOOM super Saiyian god Super Saiyin. Beating the cold shit out of the villain and then the villain basically rage quits. Apparently no one knew. Sure he lost, but at least they gave veggie stans that.And the chance he might do something in the future, which is more than gohan, gotenks, trunks and piccolo stans get.

This sort of conversation and tone is why , and some recent conversations with some writters on other forums have caused me to see why other series don't have definitive winners to fights a lot of the time. Because people just delegate people to jobbers and winners instead of valuing them as characters

Veelk

Banned
Hmm it was kind of bound to happen the original idea was to make a movie series. But they realized introducing 12 gods was too much for the 4 movies they probably had planned. So a new series was made.

Gohan was supposed to kill Buu, but fans didn't like him as much as Goku so AT said why not and shifted the story so Goku would be the hero.
Honestly, I don't like Gohan much myself. But the job of the storyteller is to write as natural a story as possible. If he truly didn't believe in Goku coming back and doing that, then that is what he should have done.

360pages

Veggie, ain't my favorite dbz character, but I gotta feel for hard core veggie stans who have to see this an job all the time. This last movie established the only reason veggie wasn't just s strong as goku the entire time, was because he never had formal martial arts training and training how to train. Even during the cell saga that while goku is a imbecile, he knows how to fight. he also knows how to teach you to fight. Because there were masters who taught him. Veggie was just a refugee, and just scrapped. Hell he didn't even know how to sense ki, no one did they never had formal training. Veggie gets to train with a master BOOM super Saiyian god Super Saiyin. Beating the cold shit out of the villain and then the villain basically rage quits. Sure lost, but at least they gave veggie stans that.And the chance he might do something in the future, which is more than gohan, gotenks, trunks and piccolo stans get.

It was hilarious though, Vegeta actually beats,
Frieza
in the new movie and the universe legit rewrites itself so it never happened.

Yup. They need to ground everyone's "power levels" and stop focusing on energy beams and transformations. They have a great cast of characters. Focus more on fighting techniques and let the characters drive the story.

It's such a cash grab, it sucks. Also I really don't like the new animation style. Looks too shiny and clean.

360pages

Honestly, I don't like Gohan much myself. But the job of the storyteller is to write as natural a story as possible. If he truly didn't believe in Goku coming back and doing that, then that is what he should have done.

Actually a lot of changes were made because of others.

Like 17 and 18 were never supposed to exist. 19 and DR Gero were supposed to be the androids that killed everyone. But his editors thought their deigns were too bad. So he made 18 and 17.

Of course this made a huge plot hole with why Dr. Gero didn't build a body as strong as those two. Since the excuse for 19 was he couldn't control their emotions...the problem is, that he wouldn't have to worry about controlling himself!

Veelk

Banned
Actually a lot of changes were made because of others.

Like 17 and 18 were never supposed to exist. 19 and DR Gero were supposed to be the androids that killed everyone. But his editors thought their deigns were too bad. So he made 18 and 17.

Of course this made a huge plot hole with why Dr. Gero didn't build a body as strong as those two. Since the excuse for 19 was he couldn't control their emotions...the problem is, that he wouldn't have to worry about controlling himself!
Well... In the case of the first Androids, his editors were right, but it's unclear whether the editors forced him to change them despite his will or if the editors just brought it to his attention and he agreed. The latter is what editors are for. Writers have blind spots and get tunnel vision. The former is wrong imo, if he truly believed 19 and gero were the villains for it. With Gohan, I think he truly believed in him, given the huge chapters give to building up his potential, and just gave in to the Goku demand. But of course there is no way to confirm that.

So instead of staying true to his actual vision he caved into the fan base? Doesn't that say a lot about AT as a writer? Also doesn't help that he forgot how to even draw SSJ2.

Veggie, ain't my favorite dbz character, but I gotta feel for hard core veggie stans who have to see this an job all the time. This last movie established the only reason veggie wasn't just s strong as goku the entire time, was because he never had formal martial arts training and training how to train. Even during the cell saga that while goku is a imbecile, he knows how to fight. he also knows how to teach you to fight. Because there were masters who taught him. Veggie was just a refugee, and just scrapped. Hell he didn't even know how to sense ki, no one did they never had formal training. Veggie gets to train with a master BOOM super Saiyian god Super Saiyin. Beating the cold shit out of the villain and then the villain basically rage quits. Apparently no one knew. Sure he lost, but at least they gave veggie stans that.And the chance he might do something in the future, which is more than gohan, gotenks, trunks and piccolo stans get.

This sort of conversation and tone is why , and some recent conversations with some writters on other forums have caused me to see why other series don't have definitive winners to fights a lot of the time. Because people just delegate people to jobbers and winners instead of valuing them as characters
I don't even hate Vegeta. I just don't like how he's sort of put down in the series constantly in order to make Goku look good. I always say that Hiei is a better Vegeta than Vegeta because his story and development his portrayed with lot of care and he's still allowed to be the badass that we all know he is.

Veelk

Banned
So instead of staying true to his actual vision he caved into the fan base? Doesn't that say a lot about AT as a writer? Also doesn't help that he forgot how to even draw SSJ2.
I could never really tell what the difference between ss1 and ss2 in most of the saiyans. Even when Goku demonstrated it to buu, I barely saw it.

360pages

It is always tricky for something serialized since it has more of a chance for input to actually matter instead of after the fact. I would have loved to see gohan get his chance to shine again.

Well... In the case of the first Androids, his editors were right, but it's unclear whether the editors forced him to change them despite his will or if the editors just brought it to his attention and he agreed. The latter is what editors are for. Writers have blind spots and get tunnel vision. The former is wrong imo, if he truly believed 19 and gero were the villains for it. With Gohan, I think he truly believed in him, given the huge chapters give to building up his potential, and just gave in to the Goku demand. But of course there is no way to confirm that.

Gonna be a cynic here but if the viewership don't give a fuck then i can see why the change would happen since you need that cash.

Plus nothing isn't gonna replace Goku in the minds of those viewers either, for better or worse (eg his parenting skills is highly suspect but that doesn't stop the train).

Same thing happened to the original earth defenders plus Piccolo.. *shrug*

Veelk

Banned
Gonna be a cynic here but if the viewership don't give a fuck then i can see why the change would happen since you need that cash.

Plus nothing isn't gonna replace Goku in the minds of those viewers either, for better or worse (eg his parenting skills is highly suspect but that doesn't stop the train)
I just don't accept that good storytelling and appeal are more mutually exclusive than they aren't. When you have a series that is already famous, the good parts are always going to be more appreciated than just... Fanservice, essentially. Maybe not in the immediate sense, but by and large? Certainly. If he kept with Gohan and continued to develop him, people would find appreciation for him. But I don't feel he ever really got that chance. As soon as the buu arc started, there's Goku, alive despite being dead, showing off a new saiyan form and shit.

Village

I just don't accept that good storytelling and appeal are more mutually exclusive than they aren't. When you have a series that is already famous, the good parts are always going to be more appreciated than just... Fanservice, essentially. Maybe not in the immediate sense, but by and large? Certainly.

That isn't true at all actually.

360pages

It's more on the fact that Goku is just the face of the series. He's on every cover of every game ect.

Of course there is always a chance that everyone can become relevant again. Since AT always does something on a whim. Hell, since fighting a God is all it takes to reach the next level of power. (What happened to Vegeta) it could happen to anyone...I hope.

Trey

Nah, a DBZ retelling would just be spitting in the eyes of fans for no reason. DBZ is a franchise that is held up almost entirely by hype and nostalgia.

Better to just continue the story of Goku duffing fools - it's what the people want.

I, too, wish the series didn't become so singularly focused on energy blasts. The Saiyan saga and Frieza saga are the best because they had the best mix of both.

Veelk

Banned
That isn't true at all actually.
I disagree. Reflection and review often yields a different impression than the initial reaction. I take this stance from personal experience and observations from others and scientific research that suggests it. I don't feel like people reflect or review often enough, but that's a separate issue.

Village

It's more on the fact that Goku is just the face of the series. He's on every cover of every game ect.

Of course there is always a chance that everyone can become relevant again. Since AT always does something on a whim. Hell, since fighting a God is all it takes to reach the next level of power. (What happened to Vegeta) it could happen to anyone...I hope.

Here's the thing though, there are other series with DBZ like structures to how they handle characters so they don't goku out. In fact have had been lashed out against when they try too.

If you are willing to humor me I have examples.

I disagree. Reflection and review often yields a different impression than the initial reaction. I take this stance from personal experience and observations from others and scientific research that suggests it. I don't feel like people reflect or review often enough, but that's a separate issue.

People reflect on hype ass fanservice moments the most and those stick with them. This isn't for everyone but yeah.

And not to be rude it sounds like you are saying " if people reflected ore they would realize good story telling is better" they probably reflect all the time, they just don't value you what you value.

360pages

Well there is also the fact that watching something and thinking about it after is very different.

When SSJ3 was first shown it was actually a really cool moment. We didn't really care about how it further pushed the gap in power while Goku was doing it.

Also, this is relevant.

213591.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom