• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah you have much bigger fish to fry.

tumblr_nn87gzWpjY1smp47oo1_500.gif

tumblr_nn87gzWpjY1smp47oo4_500.gif

tumblr_nn87gzWpjY1smp47oo2_r1_500.gif

tumblr_nn87gzWpjY1smp47oo3_500.png

http://kuvira-bae-ass.tumblr.com

Kuvira-bae-ass is Rin fyi

Kuvira-bae-ass is Rin fyi
Well that's awesome. Is that a new account or does she just have two now?
Jaded post your Gurren Lagann reviews. No guarantees they'll be read but we all must contribute to the cause.
OK I'll start back up tomorrow. I'm at the part where Simon gets back his damn confidence after the whole Bro...situation. Can't believe how much I'm actually like Nia this time around. She's so sweet and heart warming, but she's not meek, she has a pretty stiff backbone when she needs to. She's just what Simon needs.

Well that's awesome. Is that a new account or does she just have two now?

OK I'll start back up tomorrow. I'm at the part where Simon gets back his damn confidence after the whole Bro...situation. Can't believe how much I'm actually like Nia this time around. She's so sweet and heart warming, but she's not meek, she has a pretty stiff backbone when she needs to. She's just what Simon needs.

"You were always a boring bitch, Nia."

Yeah that makes sense. It's during Yoko's comeback right? I can't remember what the exact context for that is.

Simon and Viral are the only two still in prison when the Spiral starts to invade and everything goes kablooey. Yoko goes to break them out and in order to do so I think she shoots "Nia." I think. I can't recall exactly.

Simon and Viral are the only two still in prison when the Spiral starts to invade and everything goes kablooey. Yoko goes to break them out and in order to do so I think she shoots "Nia." I think. I can't recall exactly.
I'll find out soon enough. The show has actually aged pretty well.

The Rocket Leauge seems to be kinda like SupraBall but with cars/third-person and a hella more polish. I remember after one linebattle, some of the lads and I played SupraBall for 2 hours or so. It was really fun, despite me lacking mobility with my fingers due to mah multiple sclerosis.

So y'all with PS4s are lucky with the Rocket League beta. Heard nothin about the PC version.

And I'll just be sitting here. Without a PS4. None at all. Not a one.

I don't have one either.

*shrugs*

And I'm trying to keep track of something.

What happens more, Toa defending his waifu or Jaded changing avis?

In personal related news, things might look up for me but thats another story.

I don't have one either.

*shrugs*

Probably Toa defending honourable wafi has the bigger count. Also, great news man.

I don't have one either.

*shrugs*

I change my avatar once a week though I have a bunch I haven't even rolled out yet. Good news man pm me the details. Better not include you surviving on Dominoes Pizza either. That shit will kill you bruh.

Icy, all I can think about at work is going home and playing some more Rocket League...why have you done this

I found it crazy how obscure that series was, and absolutely unacceptable how little buzz Rocket League had being it's fairly close to release and had a beta on PS4 going. The game is way too fun to go that ignored for so long. I'm just glad people here are actually taking a liking to it. 450 comments in the beta thread and still no negative impression lol

Literally the most negative comment in the thread

I'm awful at this :/

Still kinda fun though

Yay!

So this is fun?

Super.

The Rocket Leauge seems to be kinda like SupraBall but with cars/third-person and a hella more polish. I remember after one linebattle, some of the lads and I played SupraBall for 2 hours or so. It was really fun, despite me lacking mobility with my fingers due to mah multiple sclerosis.

So y'all with PS4s are lucky with the Rocket League beta. Heard nothin about the PC version.

The full game is coming out for PC as well. That's what I played the alpha on, and that's where I'll be buying the full game. Well actually that depends on if I can deal with having to play with keyboard and mouse, i'm still contemplating.

If you're just talking about a PC beta, that already happened a while ago, and being that it's kinda close to release I don't really expect another one to happen.

-Deimos

Yay!

Super.

The full game is coming out for PC as well. That's what I played the alpha on, and that's where I'll be buying the full game. Well actually that depends on if I can deal with having to play with keyboard and mouse, i'm still contemplating.

If you're just talking about a PC beta, that already happened a while ago, and being that it's kinda close to release I don't really expect another one to happen.

I'll probably pick it up on PC and use my DS4 as an xinput controller.

360pages

So it's come to this, me trying my hand at erotica...I said I should try all the types of writing styles and stories at least once. So...why not?

So it's come to this, me trying my hand at erotica...I said I should try all the types of writing styles and stories at least once. So...why not?

There's some dude on gaf who writes erotic novels for amazon and makes like 6 figures a year

edit: rocket league makes so much more sense now. didn't realize you could press x again after jumping to "shoot"

I'll find out soon enough. The show has actually aged pretty well.
Of course it has.
5 minutes until AoU

Saw it. It was what I wanted. Props to Joss for not making Scarlet Witch insufferable. One of my least favorite comic book characters and yet she still manages to constantly become a central plot device all the time. Though, I suppose if anyone could make her likable, it's Joss.

-Deimos

Of course Outlaw Star has a hot springs episode, why was I not expecting it? Only 3 episode left, I feel like it's not enough. This show is way better then I expected.

Of course Outlaw Star has a hot springs episode, why was I not expecting it? Only 3 episode left, I feel like it's not enough. This show is way better then I expected.
Dat Aisha Clan Clan cleavage, glad you're enjoying it. Aisha and Suzaka are my faves, their badassery keep Gene alive I'm telling you and that episode has importance because I do believe in that episode Gene gets some rather crucial and powerful caster shells there. Good show though, I really do need to watch that one again.
Let me know if you need help to find some "inspirational" footage.

-Deimos

Dat Aisha Clan Clan cleavage, glad you're enjoying it. Aisha and Suzaka are my faves, their badassery keep Gene alive I'm telling you and that episode has importance because I do believe in that episode Gene gets some rather crucial and powerful caster shells there. Good show though, I really do need to watch that one again.

Let me know if you need help to find some "inspirational" footage.
Lol more than just cleavage. And yeah Gene picks up a couple of supposedly super powerful caster shells which I'm guessing are going to be important.

Though apparently they drain his life force so that Aisha and Suzuka badassery is going to be crucial.

Lol more than just cleavage. And yeah Gene picks up a couple of supposedly super powerful caster shells which I'm guessing are going to be important.

Though apparently they drain his life force so that Aisha and Suzuka badassery is going to be crucial.
Yep, they fight some battles he wouldn't have been able to deal with and allows him to have just enough caster shells for the main fight. Aisha and Suzaka are so good.

It's good seeing Simon acting like a grown man, but holy hell Nia can't cook. It's like that camping segment in Persona 4. It's good that Yoko being jealous of Nia was short lived too. Nia was never catty with Yoko, just sweet and another woman for the guys to gravitate towards.

Agreed, TTGL has a lot of substance and that keeps it fresh on each watch, at least for me. I never got the Nia hate personally.
That's actually a legitimate thing? How do you hate her? She's a massive source of support for Simon and helps him get out of his depression.

Jacob

That's actually a legitimate thing? How do you hate her? She's a massive source of support for Simon and helps him get out of his depression.

I've seen a bunch of people who claim the show goes to shit after *that* death scene or after the time skip, too. I don't get it at all. I thought the show started off rather unevenly but got better with each arc, culminating in the second-to-last episode with the parallel universe mind prison thing. That's one of my favorite episodes of anything, ever. Simon's arc throughout the show is phenomenal. But I think a lot of people's appreciation of Gurren Lagann begins and ends with Kamina yelling about manliness. As fun as those scenes are, they mask the real substance of the show.

I've seen a bunch of people who claim the show goes to shit after *that* death scene or after the time skip, too. I don't get it at all. I thought the show started off rather unevenly but got better with each arc, culminating in the second-to-last episode with the parallel universe mind prison thing. That's one of my favorite episodes of anything, ever. Simon's arc throughout the show is phenomenal. But I think a lot of people's appreciation of Gurren Lagann begins and ends with Kamina yelling about manliness. As fun as those scenes are, they mask the real substance of the show.
Wait so people think the substance of the show begins and ends with Kamina? Are you fucking kidding me! Simon grows up to the point where he surpasses Kamina. Yes true Kamina kicked Simon in the ass when he needed it and he gelled the crew together initially, but the crew formed strong enough bonds to the point where they became a family, which is really reflected in the time skip half. I'll need to see more of it but man everybody grew up hard.
I think she's just too much of a Mary Sue, at least in those initial episodes after they find her.
Nia is the supportive woman that Simon needed and not Yoko with her kiss of death.

Veelk

Banned
Wait so people think the substance of the show begins and ends with Kamina? Are you fucking kidding me! Simon grows up to the point where he surpasses Kamina. Yes true Kamina kicked Simon in the ass when he needed it and he gelled the crew together initially, but the crew formed strong enough bonds to the point where they became a family, which is really reflected in the time skip half. I'll need to see more of it but man everybody grew up hard.
This feeling of "man, those guys just don't get it" because they're missing the true substance of what they're seeing? It's what I live with, all the time.

This feeling of "man, those hours just don't get it" because they're missing the true substance of what they're seeing? It's what I live with, all the time.
It's the mineral you crave. It seems like with certain things people just focus on the initial aspects of a show without picking up on the actual message of the show. A lot of it happens with KLK and how they thinks it's just a dumbed down fantasy show. One of my favorite moments is near the end when Ryuko
has a hard time addressing Satsuki as her sister.
That shit was hilarious and
Satsuki is the first one running after Ryuko screaming at the top of her lungs to catch her and that sweet tone Satsuki uses in her voice.
Some of the character moments are too good, but they seem to get lost on people cause it's a "fan service" show.

Veelk

Banned
Oh, hey Tales of Vesperia. It's the best
/only
Tales games I played, but I really loved it. I liked to think that Yuri was an idealized version of me at the time.

Oh, hey Tales of Vesperia. It's the best
/only
Tales games I played, but I really loved it. I liked to think that Yuri was an idealized version of me at the time.
Rita is one of my favorite Tales mages, great game, Yuri was a great protagonist too. The rest are still fun as well.

Nia is the supportive woman that Simon needed and not Yoko with her kiss of death.

I was super bummed when
Kamina died because his over the top nature was what I enjoyed most.
Luckily people told me to keep going, as Simon becomes freaking amazing as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom