• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toa TAK

Banned
Getting called homophobes, probably.

Yes please this needs to stop. Especially here in KorraGAF where no one here is such. I think that everyone here is pretty pumped that Korrasami is real, but the crappy writing by Bryke leaves a lot of folks dumbfounded.

Like the rest of the show, it didn't really earn that beat, but they put it in, hints or not, it's there.

Yeah with the hindsight of the last scene and the director going "LOL THIS IS WHAT WE WANTED!!"

If that's what they wanted, I feel like they could've handled it so much better. They should've definitely hinted at it a bit stronger in the clips episode. That way it wasn't just a waste of 20 minutes.

Like everyone else, no one is arguing with you that is was handled poorly, i'm just saying it's canon and there were hints.

Still better than the majority of the romance in the show though.

Fj0823

That and Korra not writing anyone except her when she was at her lowest point in her life.

Still not enough, I mean she's her only girl friend, Girls are more likely to trust girls than guys for emotional stuff, unless its a Boyfriend, and even then...

I repeat my question from the other thread, have you actually seen close girl friends interact? I've seen far more than that ending coming from really straight girls that have been friends for years.

Ill say this,Korra and Asami look great together, but that's the entire foundation of the ship. The story between then does not hold up

Arksy

Like everyone else, no one is arguing with you that is was handled poorly, i'm just saying it's canon and there were hints.

Still better than the majority of the romance in the show though.

Well drats. Well I think we're in complete agreement then. Sigh.

Is this it for the entire avatar franchise for the time being? Any more animated stuff going to come out or is it just comics and bad merchandise from now on?

Yes please this needs to stop. Especially here in KorraGAF where no one here is such. I think that everyone here is pretty pumped that Korrasami is real, but the crappy writing by Bryke leaves a lot of folks dumbfounded.

Like the rest of the show, it didn't really earn that beat, but they put it in, hints or not, it's there.

first post from you that i agree with

Anyone who thinks Unaloq is better than anything is crazy

Maybe not better, but I'd rank unalaq = kuvira tbh

Toa TAK

Banned

Is this it for the entire avatar franchise for the time being? Any more animated stuff going to come out or is it just comics and bad merchandise from now on?
Pray for the soundtrack and we have the blu Ray release to look forward to 3/10/15

Satch

Banned
Still not enough, I mean she's her only girl friend, Girls are more likely to trust girls than guys for emotional stuff, unless its a Boyfriend, and even then...

I repeat my question from the other thread, have you actually seen close girl friends interact? I've seen far more than that ending coming from really straight girls that have been friends for years.

literally everyone is agreeing with you that it was written poorly and you're still trying to lash

girl let it go, theyre a couple, the writing is a mess. #neaux1curr

let's drag Kuvira and her stans instead

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
daKMK52.jpg

Somebody forgot the safeword.

Toxi

Banned
My little brother watched the finale before me and told me that Korra and Asami fall in love. Damn, never thought they were actually gonna do it.

Fj0823

literally everyone is agreeing with you that it was written poorly and you're still trying to lash

girl let it go, theyre a couple, the writing is a mess

let's drag Kuvira and her stans instead

uhm Im actually a guy, kinda feminine some times, but still a guy.

but Fair enough, you're right,theres no point beating a dead horse.

time to pull a frozen and let it go

Kuvira was cool as Earthitler, but nowhere near Zaheer Cool in terms of presence, and she can't beat Ozai in psycho dictator territory

Anyone who thinks Unaloq is better than anything is crazy

There's a reason the other villians didn't want to call that Muahaha tier character in that mover.

In animated form, I believe this is it in its current form. Both Bryan and Mike were screwed by Nick, so they may go separate ways from here on, and there's also the possibility that the network tries to reboot the IP into something closer to their target group, even if they trample all over the current franchise mythos.

first post from you that i agree with

Maybe not better, but I'd rank unalaq = kuvira tbh

htb arivuk = qalanu >=(

If a new animated Avatar thing happens, it wont be for a long time, but it's not completely ruled out because the writers said "The Avatar universe has many possibilities and we wouldn't be surprised if it drew us back in some day" or something like that.

I didn't really get the parallels they were trying to draw with Korra and Kuvira, that was a whole lotta nothing. I don't get it, like, they're both... Stubborn? Tenzin is a pretty stubborn guy, no one was saying they see a lot of Tenzin in Kuvira.

I feel really bad about Kuvira in general. I was so juiced for her in the beginning and was ready for her to leave all of the other villains in the dust, but as the season went on I found myself caring less and less about her. Unalaq was lame for days, but you took one look at the guy and knew you weren't getting much, Kuvira had a ton of promise so she had long way to fall which made it worse.

uhm Im actually a guy, kinda feminine some times, but still a guy.

but Fair enough, you're right,theres no point beating a dead horse.

time to pull a frozen and let it go

Kuvira was cool as Earthitler, but nowhere near Zaheer Cool in terms of presence, and she can't beat Ozai in psycho dictator territory
You dont understand pop-gaf. They call everyone girl even if they're a dude.

Trey

I could sorta fuck with bad writing on the lion turtle DEM level. You can at least see where that's going, and most folks will just think it's cool. But so much about Korra (especially early on) is "what the fuck were they thing?" level. And it's compounded the entire time by people's expectations not being met because the show has so much potential, so you're just hoping it goes the direction it should. And it doesn't, and it's like watching a pianist hold their hands to flames.

I'd rather just be able to say something is bad rather than saying "it should be so much more."

You know what was dumb?

Unalaq was a Dark Avatar for a few minutes but could still only bend one element.

We got an evil airbender, but never a real evil Avatar.

Also the whole "lets put the biggest stakes and most epic scale and most connection to series lore in season 2 than dick around in the remaining 2"

also doing an evil waterbender right after a previous one

XAL

Ill say this,Korra and Asami look great together, but that's the entire foundation of the ship. The story between then does not hold up

Yes.

But I've never seen 2 straight girls hold both hands and stare lovingly into each other's eyes while standing very closely to each other in the way that Korra and Asami did.

Toxi

Banned
Also the whole "lets put the biggest stakes and most epic scale and most connection to series lore in season 2 than dick around in the remaining 2"
I felt way more tense about the stakes in book 3. Maybe it's because actual decent storytelling and character building makes better stakes than an end of the world scenario.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Then she left it, hook up with two other regions, then went back to Kanto, then left him again, new one, then back with another ex, and then 2 more.

Talk about a bad girl.
Odd how connected she was to the earth and how isolated she was from people.

2deep5me

yeah I know she gave her raisins

XAL

You know what was dumb?

Unalaq was a Dark Avatar for a few minutes but could still only bend one element.

Wan got the 4 elements from the spirit turtles + Raava.

Unalaq never got the elements from the spirit turtles. He just had water bending and energy bending. The element he already had + the energy bending from Vaatu.

Trey

You know what was dumb?

actually, putting the most dramatic scenario in the middle of the story is an interesting move. It's like when Vader told Luke he was his daddy when there were still 2+ hours left to the trilogy.

I could sorta fuck with bad writing on the lion turtle DEM level. You can at least see where that's going, and most folks will just think it's cool. But so much about Korra (especially early on) is "what the fuck were they thing?" level. And it's compounded the entire time by people's expectations not being met because the show has so much potential, so you're just hoping it goes the direction it should. And it doesn't, and it's like watching a pianist hold their hands to flames.

I'd rather just be able to say something is bad rather than saying "it should be so much more."

Yea, there's nothing worse than something being okay. The ending doesn't hurt because it's completely terrible, it hurts because it's just okay. It didn't even have the decency to be bad.

Ochi

Neo Member
EkVI17D.png

There's nothing to discuss.

what. I guess you literally missed the picture where the writer said you're kidding yourself if you think that wasn't romantic.

There were a few moments that definitely was foreshadowing.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/HoYay/TheLegendOfKorra

Of course some of those there listed are stretches, but others are no doubt intentional foreshadowing.

Not trying to deny korrasami (even if I too think it was poorly written) but that picture was of Micheal Dante Dimartino sharing a link to a vanity fair article WRITTEN BY SOMEONE ELSE followed up with Dimartinos Wikipedia page description.

It's quite probable that Dimartino thought it was the most accurate or best written analysis of the finale, but those are not his words specifically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom