• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.
I endured the finale and the episode before it (giant mecha? oh god no they went there) so I could get to korrasami.

Only good character arc was Asami's dad. RIP the villain on a path to redemption this show deserved fuck that loser. Kuvira managed to be worse than Unalaq, mostly due to the sudden change of the heart at the end. At least Unalaq was consistent, if cartoonishly so.
It's possible to say that's due to their alignment being nullified, but it seemed that Korra was still the avatar afterwards. Would have better if the third portal had straight up combined vaatu and rava again, since that was what Wan story was about anyway (and pretty much the entire plot of Korra's run).

Leaving the thing open for another show is kind of weak, considering the running theme and name of the last season. With the avatar still around, the world is inherently not balanced, so.... yeah.

I also don't think it's (=the thing!) controversial when Batman TAS all but straight screamed it at the viewer with Ivy and Harley, and that was twenty years ago. Yes, I realize DC is a giant party pooper on this. :(

Kasumin

You could always do season 3 Kuvira. I had no idea you were a female, but I was told the Tales fanbase leans more female than male.

Oh, yeah. I tend to not mention my gender unless asked. Season 3 Kuvira would be easier, but I like her season 4 look better. Maybe if I could find someone to help me.

I think one reason Tales fans lean female is that there's so much, er... subtext, in the games. Now that I think about it, the arguments over whether Korrasami is canon are pretty funny to me because they remind me of people arguing ships in other fandoms I've been in.

aly

I also don't think it's (=the thing!) controversial when Batman TAS all but straight screamed it at the viewer with Ivy and Harley, and that was twenty years ago. Yes, I realize DC is a giant party pooper on this. :(

It's been 20 yrs sine Batman TAS?? Geez. Ivy and Harley were a cool couple, although I can't remember much about them at the moment. I'm gonna assume it was good, because that show was great.

Toxi

Banned
Would you disagree? He may have had a short tenure but his concept and execution far surpasses Unalaq and Kuvira.
Tahno was the generic cheating asshole rival seen in every sports movie ever.

Just because he was better than Unalaq doesn't mean he was well-executed or interesting.

Neo Dark

daKMK52.jpg

Looking back at this scene now definitely has a whole new meaning.

Edit: To celebrate OT2, I don't think anyone made avatars on the fan extended ending so here's 2 for anyone that wants them (100 x 100) and (100 x 120)
XNIyvcz.png
CQZsv3o.png

Tahno was the generic cheating asshole rival seen in every sports movie ever.

Just because he was better than Unalaq doesn't mean he was well-executed or interesting.

Unalaq was neither interesting nor well-executed. I'd say Tahno succeeded as an antagonist where Unalaq didn't by at least making sense in terms of purpose

wildfire

Banned

XAL

Mako and Lin should hook up.

She deserves a younger man.

Also looking through makanidotdot's tumblr is always entertaining

tumblr_nd9wj6lWMs1qkwdtzo1_1280.jpg

Lethe82

Banned
Fine Unalaq haters here is a revised sheet:

Amon>Zaheer>Ozai>Kuvira

There happy?

He, like the equalists and the only good narrative the show had going, vanished off the face of the earth!

Season 1 really was the best season, followed by 3. All of the very interesting narratives and possibilities they had set up in Book 1 kind of disappeared. Book 2 had an interesting concept but horrible execution. I don't think the show ever recovered from bringing on board a lot of the ATLA writers and changing the writing process.

Newt

Whether Korrasami is real or not, Asami is still a trash character that didn't need to be in the show at all.

Dmax3901

Despite not really enjoying this season (Korra losing to Kuvira halfway through made no sense to me) I thought that finale was fucking great.

aly

Whether Korrasami is real or not, Asami is still a trash character that didn't need to be in the show at all.

Should've replaced Asami with Tahno. Then there would be no need for Korra to ever water bend again. Would've been a true team avatar.

Permanently A

That was lava bending silly and he learned it right at the end of season 3

Oh okay. I thought it was a good finale and they wrapped everything up pretty well. The only thing I didn't like was that they forgot to put Asami's dad back in jail. It would have been pretty funny to see Kuvira and Bataar's reunion as well.

-Deimos

Oh okay. I thought it was a good finale and they wrapped everything up pretty well. The only thing I didn't like was that they forgot to put Asami's dad back in jail. It would have been pretty funny to see Kuvira and Bataar's reunion as well.

Umm....

Zabka

No jail could hold him so they didn't bother.

Cuz he's a ghost.

Hamlet

Did he not get swatted like a fly in the finale by Kuvira. Yeah I would have loved to see that Baatar/Kuvira reunion ha.

elmars369

Unconfirmed Member
They'd have a pretty hard time piecing him together.

televator

So Zuko's uncle... He hangs in the spirit world. Cool. So is he dead or alive? If he's dead, then what stops Korra from finding the previous avatar incarnations in the spirit world?

So Zuko's uncle... He hangs in the spirit world. Cool. So is he dead or alive? If he's dead, then what stops Korra from finding the previous avatar incarnations in the spirit world?
Absolutely nothing.

Aside from Bryan and Mike just not wanting her to. Which is lame.

Ochi

Neo Member
Did he not get swatted like a fly in the finale by Kuvira. Yeah I would have loved to see that Baatar/Kuvira reunion ha.

He did, but everyone else (who mattered) lived through that giant fight so it's not impossible that he might've lived XD

Technically Zuko can just walk into the spirit world and talk to Iroh right?

Can Iroh walk out?

I feel like they didn't think this through.

televator

Absolutely nothing.

Aside from Bryan and Mike just not wanting her to. Which is lame.

Yeah there just seems to be some ambiguity about spiritual concepts in the Korra series. If the Avatar was the channel for previous incarnations to communicate through, I'd think that would no longer be necessary after merging the spirit world with the real world... Previous avatars (Hell millions of previously dead people) should be able to just come and go as they please.

Also, Zaheer sits in jail... but he can go into the spirit world in spirit form... but he can't come into the real world in spirit form? The worlds are merged so technically I think he could, but I think there might be limitations to what he can do in the real world and in spirit form... I mean look at Aang Jr./Jinora... She can go all spirit form right into the real world...

Shit, I gotta stop thinking about this.

-Deimos

Technically Zuko can just walk into the spirit world and talk to Iroh right?

Can Iroh walk out?

I feel like they didn't think this through.

Iroh had this shit planned for ages. Sent his spirit to the spirit world and waited for Korra to open the portals. Dude basically made himself immortal.

Yeah there just seems to be some ambiguity about spiritual concepts in the Korra series. If the Avatar was the channel for previous incarnations to communicate through, I'd think that would no longer be necessary after merging the spirit world with the real world... Previous avatars (Hell millions of previously dead people) should be able to just come and go as they please.

Also, Zaheer sits in jail... but he can go into the spirit world in spirit form... but he can't come into the real world in spirit form? The worlds are merged so technically I think he could, but I think there might be limitations to what he can do in the real world and in spirit form... I mean look at Aang Jr./Jinora... She can go all spirit form right into the real world...

Shit, I gotta stop thinking about this.

I feel like they fucked up what the spirit world was and the properties of the portals when making Korra...

Spirit world - also Bryked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom