• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildfire

Banned
Nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

tumblr_mwcflhiE041rledc2o4_500.gif

Holy s***, and I thought this thread could get creepy at times.

I'm just gonna never click any other fan thread outside of this one from now on, yeah that sounds like a good idea.

Holy s***, and I thought this thread could get creepy at times.

I'm just gonna never click any other fan thread outside of this one from now on, yeah that sounds like a good idea.
I'm mostly really only in here and the Gundam fan threads. That fan art thread makes this one look really tame. Thy seem to have a thing for pregnancy...gross.

A-V-B

That fan art thread is like a coin toss

Either you get something remorsefully hilarious or unimaginably disgusting.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I thought I was crazy and then the Official Fan Art thread attacked. That place should come with a warning from the Surgeons General.

Hahaha

I check in that thread from time to time to see how far Poe's Law has come for fan art. Anymore you can't tell the difference between stuff sincerely made by awkward teenagers, and stuff purposefully invoking a bunch of famous fan art tropes to try and screw with people.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
So I just spent the last 2 days marathoning Korra after someone mentioned in another thread of
Korra x Asami
happening at the end. You guys have no idea how pumped I am at seeing that play out.
Originally I was KorraLin but the moment Asami showed up I knew she was the one for Korra.
Just a shame both were played by Mako but whatever everything worked out in the end!

Will write out a lengthier post later, going back to my giddy dance.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
So I just spent the last 2 days marathoning Korra after someone mentioned in another thread of
Korra x Asami
happening at the end. You guys have no idea how pumped I am at seeing that play out.
Originally I was KorraLin but the moment Asami showed up I knew she was the one for Korra.
Just a shame both were played by Mako but whatever everything worked out in the end!

Will write out a lengthier post later, going back to my giddy dance.

see guys
this thread is in fact only alive because of korrasami

SDBurton

see guys
this thread is in fact only alive because of korrasami

It really is. I was still stuck halfway on season 2 before I heard the news. Didn't have any motivation to get back into the saddle until I heard that bombshell.

I'm reposting this one simply to say I believe the kids in it are adopted. That is, if I truly found the artist's tumblr.

35k likes too lol

S1PcNhJ.png

I've seen enough female slash fanart to know that those kids aren't adopted.

Note: see Kigo family fanart, Blossom/Bubbles family fanart

So someone was ok promoting incest. *whistles*

I've had access to the internet for for years......I've seen some shit.

m_shortpants said:
Maybe they got Mako to donate.
Naw, Magic lesbian babies are a thing in female/female fanart. I bet its one of the reason both kids are girls.

Of course Male-preg is a thing with male/male fanart also. I've seen some Harry/Draco shit that I wish I could forget.

SDBurton

I was wondering when you were going show up.

I would've been here sooner if someone told me. I'm surpised my mailbox didn't explode. :lol

I have so much crap to do now. Browse fan art threads, get a new avatar, and visit fanfiction websites. I AM SO EXCITED RIGHT NOW!

Afrocious

I've seen enough female slash fanart to know that those kids aren't adopted.

Note: see Kigo family fanart, Blossom/Bubbles family fanart

The artist straight up said they were adopted. No need to start frothing lol.

I'm on my phone atm, bu BK, you have to admit LOK tried to be a bit more than an action show and failed in that regard.

Also, what was the point of talking about sa:eek:? So what if that show is straight garbage? That has nothing to do with Korra

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I would've been here sooner if someone told me. I'm surpised my mailbox didn't explode. :lol

I have so much crap to do now. Browse fan art threads, get a new avatar, and visit fanfiction websites. I AM SO EXCITED RIGHT NOW!

You have no idea how deep the well goes.

I'm on my phone atm, bu BK, you have to admit LOK tried to be a bit more than an action show and failed in that regard.

Also, what was the point of talking about sa:eek:? So what if that show is straight garbage? That has nothing to do with Korra

Yeah, that's why the kids are a combination or both of their physical traits. LOL

Come_on_son.gif

Afrocious

You have no idea how deep the well goes.

I'm actually in the mood for good fanfiction.

I read this really sweet one about Korra and Asami's time 6 months after the ending. I'll see if I can find it, but it was short and to the point.

I also wouldn't mind reading a straight up Book 5 if it's well done, either.

I'd write my own, but I'd probably write something too violent involving guns or something.

Yeah, that's why the kids are a combination or both of their physical traits. LOL

Come_on_son.gif

http://sherbies.tumblr.com/tagged/art

"looks like i’m drowning in post-finale korrasami headcanons involving marriage and adopting lil babies my apologies"

*shrug*

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
That fanart thread has made me realize all of the crazy shit water arm lady is capable of.
Can you imagine the shit she can do with her water hands...

oh god. what has happened to me.

Afrocious

That fanart thread has made me realize all of the crazy shit water arm lady is capable of.
Can you imagine the shit she can do with her water hands...

oh god. what has happened to me.

This fanart thread sounds hilariously awful, and one day I might jump into it.

Now, imagine the moment Asami mails this to Mako weeks or months after the ending.

RdJkvpe.png

Daemul

How did you survive a single concentrated dose of that for an hour?

My curiosity got the better of me. Once you go down the rabbit hole....

The power of Korrasami.

Kinvara

Decent summary of the Book 3 commentaries. Should sate those who don't have the blu-rays.

Some interesting ones.

• Book 3 production was smooth. Joaquim: “Book 2 was like trauma”. Bryan: “I think it took a year and a half off of my life.”
  • Bryan was worried about adding Kai because they had so many characters. Also worried because he was similar to Aang.
  • Bryan says most network notes from Nick are “more fighting, more action”.
  • The Red Lotus’ first plan was to go to Republic City, take out Raiko and get Korra. In this episode they’re hiding out in the spirit wilds. Episode 6
  • Henry Rollins wanted to audition for the role of Zaheer and as Bryan made a post about a while ago, called Mike and Bryan from tour to ask questions about the character, before the audition. Basically it he interviewed them instead of them interviewing him.
  • Bryan feared a backlash of people thinking the Nuktuk fans were parodying Korra fans. He says they hadn’t thought of it until a Nick executive brought it up.
  • They meant for the Red Lotus name to be a secret until this episode but “it got leaked like everything else”.
  • Mike says they were trying to be “as clear as possible” with the Queen’s death.
  • Mike attributes the “extended finales” to the high number of characters they have in the show.
  • Bryan is a little hurt that people only look to Mike out of the two of them for the story.
  • The idea of the highest level airbending move being “become wind” was in the original series bible.

Ah, these are great!

Decided to pop into the official fan art thread here...and it's fucking weird.

Did you go into it thinking it was a thread for regular fan art?

Because the entire thread is devoted to the weirdest fan art to be found on the internet.

No it didn't. It really did not try to be anything more than that. Might have gotten carried away with certain things, but it never tried to be anything more. A lot of the wasted potential that people are referring to is just because they didn't get ATLA 2.0, which this show was never going to be. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Yeah, certain parts of the show were underwritten, but at worst it was serviceable to the action we got and the plot at hand.

My point of bringing up SAO is pretty plainly stated within that post:

BKatastrophe said:
As for my general pet peeve about people talking about how "terrible" this show is:

One of the most comparable shows to this one right now in terms of genres, popularity, and overall structure is Sword Art Online. Now let that sink in, and then tell me if The Legend of Korra is really that bad. Because I gotta say, SAO is one of the worst things I've ever seen in my life. Does that save TLoK of its flaws? Nah, but it's (very) far from the bottom of the barrel, I must say.

I say this because it's bothering me that people are calling TLoK "garbage" or "terrible" and are comparing to shows that it shouldn't be compared to. SAO is actually similar to it and is thus worth the comparison. It's something that bothers me a lot in general, is when people compare things that have no business being compared. It wasn't directed at you, just a general thing (it's kind of why I bolded the word 'general') that popped into my head.

Like, imagine if someone said "Breaking Bad is so much better than Scrubs." That's what I feel like sometimes.

Did you go into it thinking it was a thread for regular fan art?

Because the entire thread is devoted to the weirdest fan art to be found on the internet.
Well I sure as shit wasn't expecting Neon Genesis Pikachu, pregnant everyone, My Little Pony cross overs, that Sonic fixation and other unholy shit.

DedValve

Banned
Book 5 will be written proper as if the writing team themselves where on it.

Korrasami will break up, there will be a love triangle between Korra, new girl and Eska whose rediscovering herself in the wake of losing Bolin. Korra will be super viscous towards Eska and Asami, book 2 style of abuse here people.

New villain. Darth Snippy. He brings back the dark avatar. Amazing fight sequence ensues. Darth Snippys goal is to devour the world with "teh evulz". I had originallly planned for Snippy to be a devoted leader who wants to help the avatar at all costs and tries to control Vaatu by fusing with him that way there can be 2 avatars but I got lazy so Darth Snippy is now SATAN. Like literally satan the last battle takes place in hell.

I also had a plot where Korra would try to see the error of her ways and win back Asami but I'd rather do some filler episodes with Meelo so instead they'll get back together again by Korra forcing Asami to be in a relationship through emotional blackmail.

The end will have giant darth snippy vs Korra riding a lion turtle using all 5 elements.

Oh btw a 5th element is introduced in the finale. Kthnxbai.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom