• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daemul

I've seen enough female slash fanart to know that those kids aren't adopted.

Note: see Kigo family fanart, Blossom/Bubbles family fanart

I thought the same thing at first, the kids have too many traits from Korra and Asami to just be "adopted". But just this once, I'm gonna give the artist the benefit of the doubt, since it's the best Korrasami art I've ever seen :p

RdJkvpe.png

And this is the second

K7JdBXQ.gif

Lawd have mercy on my soul

Afrocious

I read the disclaimer and still wasn't prepared. That's what I get for shrugging it off. There's some good shit in there, but it's littered by so much WTF. As an Aliens fan I will always find this hilarious:
98tfu.jpg

This is the best thing I've ever seen. Holy shit.

Also, I saw Prometheus for the first time last night. Only caught the last 30 minutes of the movie.

I've seen every Alien movie up to Resurrection, and I'm kind of lost about the Engineers.

Just finished Young Justice and cried a little bit when I saw what season 3 could've been...god damn it
Darkseid
is my favorite too. I think M Shortpants should get a box of tissues out when the end comes cause it's going to be painful. It went out it style though and stayed pretty consistent. Now onto Gargoyles.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
They meant for the Red Lotus name to be a secret until this episode but “it got leaked like everything else”.

Yeah, it was such a big revelation. We learned all about the ancient order of the red lot-Oh wait, it was more wasted potential.

Just finished Young Justice and cried a little bit when I saw what season 3 could've been...god damn it
Darkseid
is my favorite too. I think M Shortpants should get a box of tissues out when the end comes cause it's going to be painful. It went out it style though and stayed pretty consistent. Now onto Gargoyles.

Fuck Lagoon Boy, am I right?

Afrocious

Long read but this helps explain the engineers and Prometheus in general.

http://cavalorn.livejournal.com/584135.html?nojs=1

Thank you. Reading now. Here's some fan art for you:

jy081cd.jpg

Darkseid

I haven't watched Gargoyles since I was a kid. I remember it being good but my tastes as 24 year old are far different than when I was in elementary school (kind of lol).

Does Gargoyles have a conclusion?

Fuck Lagoon Boy, am I right?
NEPTUNES BEARD!!!
I haven't watched Gargoyles since I was a kid. I remember it being good but my tastes as 24 year old are far different than when I was in elementary school (kind of lol).

Does Gargoyles have a conclusion?
I'm not exactly sure if it does. I know the first 2 seasons are on point, but I think there were some changes done to it for the last season.

My brother is visiting me and we've been talking about the ending on and off, but last night we had a huge conversation where we went through and discussed/debated every season in depth, episode by episode at some points. It was truly enlightening. Like Guru Laghima touched my soul and washed my anger away.

My opinion on the ending hasn't changed, but at least I don't feel the constant sting of disappointment as I think about it.

360pages

I do wonder how many of you watched the first Dagon Ball series, not Z, just plain old dragon ball.

Despite the simple story, the character carry it rather well, and the writing for the most part is on point. It was made from themed to late 80s so there are some animation hic-ups. (Honestly, I'm surprised it aged that considering the time it came out.)

It's easily a series that gets better with each season/arc, and would recommend it to anyone.

Village

This fanart thread sounds hilariously awful, and one day I might jump into it.

Now, imagine the moment Asami mails this to Mako weeks or months after the ending.

" Thats neat , I'm going to go have sex with a bunch of women because I'm hot, charming , a police officer and now due to recent events probably a international police officer they probably started some type of CIA after my ass, helped saved the world, the avatar is my best friend, also probobly had sex with the avatar, am friends with multiple members of royalty and can use that to get anything I want and probably will be super successful"

Ya'll acting like mako ain't going outside and people aren't literally throwing themselves pelvis first at him.

Poyunch

" Thats neat , I'm going to go have sex with a bunch of women because I'm hot, charming , a police officer and now due to recent events probably a international police officer they probably started some type of CIA after my ass, helped saved the world, the avatar is my best friend, also probobly had sex with the avatar, am friends with multiple members of royalty and can use that to get anything I want and probably will be super successful"

Ya'll acting like mako ain't going outside and people aren't literally throwing themselves pelvis first at him.

And his brother's a movie star.

If people are throwing themselves pelvis first at Mako, he's not acting like it. If I had other options Korra is the last person I'd pledge my loyalty to.

Bit-Bit

Opal annoyed the hell out of me. She was made a member of cast just to become Bolin's love interest, and when she fulfilled her role, she became as useless as Kai. She's the very perfect example of Bryke bloating the series by adding in unnecessary characters who serve an extremely minor purpose and are then completely redundant, but for some reason are made recurring characters when their part in the story is long done.

Those sort of characters are fine in 20+ episode seasons, but they have no place in 13 episode, 22 minute long seasons, no place whatsoever.
This is completely wrong. Did you miss the whole subplot of the Beifong rescue that was spearheaded by Opal?

Got a little emotional in the minutes directly after I watched the finale, went online, bought a neat little Korra fanart, and it just got here today! Want to share, and if anyone has seen this online before and is wondering if it's worth it, totally is!

e3nEBjG.jpg

Bit-Bit

Got a little emotional in the minutes directly after I watched the finale, went online, bought a neat little Korra fanart, and it just got here today! Want to share, and if anyone has seen this online before and is wondering if it's worth it, totally is!

e3nEBjG.jpg
Any link to the original artwork?

Village

And his brother's a movie star.

Goddamn, I forgot about that shit.

If people are throwing themselves pelvis first at Mako, he's not acting like it. If I had other options Korra is the last person I'd pledge my loyalty to.

He keeps it on the DL

She's the avatar, If she says " This guy is down for whatever and I took down mecha Stalin " in terms to mako to anyone. He automatically has reputation. That's a social business move.

DedValve

Banned
Those last 2 fanarts of korrasami and varrick....so good.

Especially the varrick one. Damn that tugged me hard since I didn't even recognize Tenzin or Korra until the final scene.

Yup, we need to do a book 5. With all of tumblr behind us.

Daemul

At this rate, Tumblr will have a whole new LoK episode ready for production and airing soon. The quality of their work is increasing with each passing day.

Toa TAK

Banned
I read the disclaimer and still wasn't prepared. That's what I get for shrugging it off. There's some good shit in there, but it's littered by so much WTF. As an Aliens fan I will always find this hilarious:
98tfu.jpg
WOW
Well I sure as shit wasn't expecting Neon Genesis Pikachu, pregnant everyone, My Little Pony cross overs, that Sonic fixation and other unholy shit.
Just bleach your brain now.
Based Varrick

tumblr_nh9kfgjMxX1ttqaiio1_1280.png

tumblr_nh9kfgjMxX1ttqaiio2_1280.png

tumblr_nh9kfgjMxX1ttqaiio3_1280.png

tumblr_nh9kfgjMxX1ttqaiio4_1280.png

tumblr_nh9kfgjMxX1ttqaiio5_1280.png

tumblr_nh9kfgjMxX1ttqaiio6_1280.png

tumblr_nh9kfgjMxX1ttqaiio7_1280.png

tumblr_nh9kfgjMxX1ttqaiio9_1280.png

tumblr_nh9kfgjMxX1ttqaiio8_1280.png
This is great.

Darkseid

I HATE YOU FOR GETTING ME HOOKED

Dammit. I know this is going to be terrible when I finish, yet I find myself compelled to keep watching

I HATE YOU FOR GETTING ME HOOKED

Dammit. I know this is going to be terrible when I finish, yet I find myself compelled to keep watching
Season 3 looks like it was going to be soooooooo fucking gooooooood, that god damn set up. Watch Escaflowne. It wraps up in one season. I'm watching Gargoyles now and it's aged pretty well, too mature for a kids show.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, is that true? I thought my boys were trying to be funny when they said it got canceled because you didn't buy the toys.

kids tv networks are some of the dumbest things alive. they once cancelled a tv show (dont remenber which one) because the uninteded audience was buying their toys more.

Daemul

Post from the Naruto Forums about Korrasami;

I really dont like Korrasami.. Why this joke? Maybe the makers thought that mako is a jerk and now they need to make a lesbian ending. I dont want to know what tenzin and the others will think when they get to know about this. But I dont think that korra and asami will have a future together ..in the end they will find a man, I think too that its only a phase of korra and asami

tumblr_inline_natfieVtm31s1xoge.gif

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Varrick is probably the best character in Korra. Every single scene he was in was amazing.

DedValve

Banned
They were going to bring Static, Static.

I completely forgot about static. As somebody who loved the original show I jumped in joy when I saw him in season 2.

Teen Titans made a hole in my heart but Young Justice patched it up just so it can punch right through it ;_;

At least Nick gave Korra a proper ending. Something I WISH Bryke would have really taken advantage of. I know if Young Justice had 1 more season knowing it would be the last it could have wrapped everything up in a nice bow.

EDIT: Varrick is easily the best thing to come out of book 2. Yes that includes origins.

Varrick is probably the best character in Korra. Every single scene he was in was amazing.
Varrick is a consistently written comedic character voiced expertly by John Michael Higgins. Compared to Bolin whom is ill used at times and is adlibed on top of that. PJ Byrne is fine doing the vocals, but sometimes I really do wish they gave Bolin more focus and didn't rely so heavily on Byrne's adlibbing.
This is here just to balance it out:
tumblr_m5f43rVPjb1qja923o1_r2_500.png

tumblr_m6crfiPTuT1rzu5bgo1_500.jpg

tumblr_nd7jq45zir1r7vkiro1_500.jpg

tumblr_mlodswTZQB1rdfmf3o1_500.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom