• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.
alfred-nevah.gif
Has Mako ever said "m'lady"?

At the very least the team in Yu Yu actually brought down a decent amount of mooks and side characters. Hiei and Kurama cleaned house in the Dark Tournament. Way more efficient than anybody in the Z crew. Regarding Genkai, none of the other fights were as personal to her as Toguro. She essentially just pulled a Toph.

Damn no props to Kuwabara? I think he was the only one capable of doing damage to Sensui outside of Yusuke. I noticed how he just blocked all of Kurama and Hiei's attacks in that fight, but always dodged Kuwabara's.

I felt like what was the point of bringing
Genkai back if she wasn't going to fight?
I love to see old dudes throw down in fights. Korra didn't give me that, nor did DBZ. Master Roshi claiming that he was too old, but he was still alive by the end of GT.

A-V-B

The fellow who drew those film-esque posters for season 4 just posted this

tumblr_nhd94nbRb61qjcqgvo1_r1_500.png

They all look related. All got the same super pretty face style. Translated the cartoon features straight to a more realistic brush without adding anything in -- though Korra looks even... less like Korra?

Shouldn't be too surprised considering the method, I guess! Looks great.

Damn no props to Kuwabara? I think he was the only one capable of doing damage to Sensui outside of Yusuke. I noticed how he just blocked all of Kurama and Hiei's attacks in that fight, but always dodged Kuwabara's.

I felt like what was the point of bringing
Genkai back if she wasn't going to fight?
I love to see old dudes throw down in fights. Korra didn't give me that, nor did DBZ. Master Roshi claiming that he was too old, but he was still alive by the end of GT.
Genkai was the mother figure that entire cast lacked. Everybody that wasn't Keiko had severe mother trauma. Kuwabara didn't exactly get powerful until he got that sword technique, but after that I think he knew his place. It just stopped being his scene, which I'm not making up given what he does during the Spirit Tournament arc.

Genkai was the mother figure that entire cast lacked. Everybody that wasn't Keiko had severe mother trauma. Kuwabara didn't exactly get powerful until he got that sword technique, but after that I think he knew his place. It just stopped being his scene, which I'm not making up given what he does during the Spirit Tournament arc.

I barely remember the Spirit Tournament. The last season was the worst of the bunch and ended with the most anti-climatic fight.

Yusuke did have a pretty shitty mother. She always had liquor bottles everywhere, went out of town for days while her son was comatose in her house and she didn't even clean up her act after losing her son. I thought that would change up her act, but nope.

Also, isn't it funny that Kuwabara looks thirty when this fucker's in middle school?

I barely remember the Spirit Tournament. The last season was the worst of the bunch and ended with the most anti-climatic fight.

Yusuke did have a pretty shitty mother. She always had liquor bottles everywhere, went out of town for days while her son was comatose in her house and she didn't even clean up her act after losing her son. I thought that would change up her act, but nope.

Also, isn't it funny that Kuwabara looks thirty when this fucker's in middle school?
If you haven't you should hear the dub actor voice. Oh yeah I actually forgot that Kurama actually has the best mother on the show. Because god damn nobody else on that show is getting a mothers day card for their mom. Spirit Tournament actually has some very character defining moments in the show and the actual end to it is a change up from what's in the manga, because the manga really ends on a sad note. It might be one of those takes more than one viewing seasons.

I forgot that Ku and Yu were bloody middle schoolers. lol.
Only one that didn't go to school was Hiei, though that would've been hilarious if they made him attend school
What? I thought they were in High School at the very least.

Also, I really need to get the boxsets of that series since it's only 4 of them at 20$ each.
I believe they're 16 in the beginning at least. Get the Blu Rays. They cleaned up the picture quality a lot.

Only one that didn't go to school was Hiei, though that would've been hilarious if they made him attend school

I believe they're 16 in the beginning at least. Get the Blu Rays. They cleaned up the picture quality a lot.

Nah, they be 14.
"Product Description
Episode 1 - Surprised To Be Dead Fourteen-year-old Yusuke Urameshi is having a typical day. He's cutting class at school, having arguments with his teachers, and getting into fistfights with his rival Kuwabara. Hey - when you're the toughest kid in town, you have a reputation to maintain! But then Yusuke does something that betrays his killer rep.
" ~Amazon.com

Man, I lost track of YuYuHakusho somewhere around when they were fighting a dude that used to be a spiriit detective or something. I never finished it.

360pages

Oh, that makes sense.

I would get the Blue-rays, but m PS3 is in the Living room, while my PS2 is in my room. So I would have to sacrifice being able to look at it anytime to only when people aren't using the living room.

Nah, they be 14.
"Product Description
Episode 1 - Surprised To Be Dead Fourteen-year-old Yusuke Urameshi is having a typical day. He's cutting class at school, having arguments with his teachers, and getting into fistfights with his rival Kuwabara. Hey - when you're the toughest kid in town, you have a reputation to maintain! But then Yusuke does something that betrays his killer rep.
" ~Amazon.com
I keep getting their ages wrong. God damn they did not act 14. The antics of that cast was the best. I guess with the level of parenting they got then it makes sense. In one scene Yusuke's mom is hanging out with cross dressers while he's still dead I believe. We never even saw Kuwabara's mother. I love that cast a lot though. You can't debate them all being friends because they all are, even reluctant ass Hiei.
Man, I lost track of YuYuHakusho somewhere around when they were fighting a dude that used to be a spiriit detective or something. I never finished it.
Dude finish the show, it's awesome.
Oh, that makes sense.

I would get the Blue-rays, but m PS3 is in the Living room, while my PS2 is in my room. So I would have to sacrifice being able to look at it anytime to only when people aren't using the living room.
That's a pretty tough decision. I own both versions for the most part. The DVD's look fine, but there's a noticeable amount of grain and popping from time to time. And on a PS 2 one of the Chapter Black discs or at the very least when I used a PS 2 to play it doesn't work properly on a PS 2. I think it either skipped around on a particular episode or barely played it.

That was season 3. I just suggest finishing that one. It has some of the most unique fights because of the psychics. The taboo power is just straight broken and I think that guy could have possibly beat Sensui easily or the water guy.

Afrocious

Hmm. I think my korrasami sentiments are wavering now.

Getting irked by poor art. Kind of wondering why I'm so into the couple being canon when I can be simply happy that it exists, praise it, and then move on.

That was season 3. I just suggest finishing that one. It has some of the most unique fights because of the psychics. The taboo power is just straight broken and I think that guy could have possibly beat Sensui easily or the water guy.
Most of those psychics were straight up non fighters. Considering the fact that sensui isn't stupid I think he could've figured it out. Kurama beat most of the psychics so it's not impossible. As long as you use your head don't ego bluff some stupid shit like Hiei did they're not impossible.

Getting irked by poor art. Kind of wondering why I'm so into the couple being canon when I can be simply happy that it exists, praise it, and then move on.
It's time to board ship Kuvorra.
tumblr_inline_nh6erk9zDY1qbu3bc.png

Most of those psychics were straight up non fighters. Considering the fact that sensui isn't stupid I think he could've figured it out. Kurama beat most of the psychics so it's not impossible. As long as you use your head don't ego bluff some stupid shit like Hiei did they're not impossible.

I see no way for anybody to escape the water dude's trap other than Kuwabara.
You have to be able to travel or rip through dimensions.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

Stay strong! Better art will come!

Daemul

Damn, we've been Community'd.

The Community section is actually not that bad a place to be, it's not really a graveyard, threads on the first page are usually extremely active. The only downside is people who haven't watched the finale yet and want to post about it won't find this thread, though 99% of them only make a couple of posts and then vanish. The regulars will have be subbed to this thread anyway, so conversation will continue.

All we need to do is hope that Googleplex hasn't subbed to the thread and we'll be golden.

Afrocious

272.gif

Stay strong! Better art will come!

I hope so!

The Community section is actually not that bad a place to be, threads on the first page are extremely active. The only downside is people who haven't watched the finale yet and want to post about it won't find this thread, through 99% of them only make a couple of posts and then vanish. The regulars will have be subbed to this thread anyway, so conversation will continue.

All we need to do is hope that Googleplex hasn't subbed to the thread and we'll be golden.

I actually had to ignore the guy after that Superman post.

No, I'm not bisexual but that post irked the hell out of me.

Daemul

Yeah, the quality has gone down a bit, I think the fandom may have blown it's collective load too early lol

But I still look up stuff a couple of times a day, and I find some nice stuff. The quality will go up again I think.

Afrocious

Yeah, the quality has gone down a bit, I think the fandom may have blown it's collective load too early lol

But I still look up stuff a couple of times a day, and I find some nice stuff. The quality will go up again I think.

Maybe :) That makes sense.

I did decide to step into fanfiction territory. Lots were boring to read, but I did find one that had a bit of spiritualism.

This author has the characters down IMO.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10902822/1/Noodles

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

i wont accept asami being cheated on again, get this filth out

I see no way for anybody to escape the water dude's trap other than Kuwabara.
You have to be able to travel or rip through dimensions.
I completely forgot about that broken ass power. That season is like Jojo's part 3 with it's Stands. I think that whole thin was part of Sensui's plan though. He wanted Kuwabara to awaken that power and I don't think Sensui would've employed him if he couldn't beat him as well.
NO

Get this shipping nonsense out of here.
tumblr_ngwoyiKwYV1qf2huro1_500.gif
You can either embrace it or act like it doesn't exist. Either way Kuvorra gets the hotter fan art. They're not trying to be all sweet and innocent like Korrasami.
How do you know she won't join them later?
Asami better prepare her
anus
self.

Toa TAK

Banned
You can either embrace it or act like it doesn't exist. Either way Kuvorra gets the hotter fan art. They're not trying to be all sweet and innocent like Korrasami.
I will not sit and pretend that it's okay for Kuvira to be a sex object for the fandom. Did we forget what show we were watching?
You're stepping too close to da darkness mah friend.

tumblr_nh7x5zClmc1rpdkb2o1_1280.jpg

Sweet & wholesome will triumph over kinky&hawts

That's nice. More like this.

I should probably find some good Kuvira fanfics, since Bryke can't be bothered with her characterization.

If you haven't already you should check out the Korra game. Its pretty decent. Its fun action and its on sale until tomorrow for $10 ($9 with PS+) on the PS4 and PS3.

Its helping me recover from the loss of the show. Its got some good replay value with New Game+ and probending, also it looks like an easy platinum.

Its not as bad as the reviews would suggest, I don't know how its only at 50 on metacritic.

I will not sit and pretend that it's okay for Kuvira to be a sex object for the fandom. Did we forget what show we were watching?
Everybody has been paired up with every character under the sun that's of proper age, unless you've seen some really fucked up fan art.

Toa TAK

Banned
If you haven't already you should check out the Korra game. Its pretty decent. Its fun action and its on sale until tomorrow for $10 ($9 with PS+) on the PS4 and PS3.

Its helping me recover from the loss of the show. Its got some good replay value with New Game+ and probending, also it looks like an easy platinum.

Its not as bad as the reviews would suggest, I don't know how its only at 50 on metacritic.
I really dug the game, and got all the achievements for it before the finale aired so I can let go of the Korra baggage.
It's not working.
Everybody has been paired up with every character under the sun that's of proper age, unless you've seen some really fucked up fan art.
Nope.

Dude finish the show, it's awesome.

Yeah, I'm gonna need to start from the beginning. I ain't seen that shiz since I was a teenager.

image.php

Daemul

I found it really hard to figure out just what connection the Tumblr artist was trying to make with Jinoras story and the subsequent gifs, especially the third row until I figured out it was referring to Mako(I think), but I got there eventually lol

tumblr_nhb8fefiCt1rx9v2zo2_r4_400.gif
tumblr_nhb8fefiCt1rx9v2zo8_r2_400.gif

tumblr_nhb8fefiCt1rx9v2zo10_r1_400.gif
tumblr_nhb8fefiCt1rx9v2zo7_r2_400.gif

tumblr_nhb8fefiCt1rx9v2zo3_r4_400.gif
tumblr_nhb8fefiCt1rx9v2zo6_r4_400.gif

tumblr_nhb8fefiCt1rx9v2zo1_r4_400.gif
tumblr_nhb8fefiCt1rx9v2zo5_r4_400.gif

tumblr_nhb8fefiCt1rx9v2zo4_r4_400.gif
tumblr_nhb8fefiCt1rx9v2zo9_r1_400.gif

tumblr_inline_nhbgu8JBH81rqpagv.gif

Toa TAK

Banned
If you're denying that claim you haven't seen enough fucked up fan art...to be that naive again...

I've seen plenty in this thread and the previous OT.

Which everyone here should give a read.
I found it really hard to figure out just what connection the Tumblr artist was trying to make with Jinoras story and the subsequent gifs, especially the third row until I figured out it was referring to Mako(I think), but I got there eventually lol

I'm starting to learn that Tumblr reaches farther than Mr. Fantastic.

I've seen plenty in this thread and the previous OT.

Which everyone here should give a read.

I'm starting to learn that Tumblr reaches farther than Mr. Fantastic.
Oh you haven't wandered off unchaperoned into the fucked up nether regions that is the internet, lucky man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom