• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kuvorra is the false shepherd.
Kuvira needs to get back in her eva.
tumblr_ngtras7ukd1r4vxqzo1_1280.jpg

Daemul

Also, how is binge watching either series? I've always watched each episode as they aired. Would Avatar be suited for a whole strain season releases once a year?

It depends on the quality of the show. Binge watching season 1 and 2 of House of Cards was fun since it is a quality show and I looked forward to seeing what was next.

Binge watching season 1 and 2 of LoK however, (which I had to do because in seasons 1's case I didn't know the show existed until months after it's air date, and in because season's 2 's case I completely forgot about the show until someone told me the finale was coming up), was not fun at all. It was a wild roller coaster of emotions, starting with excitement and ending with blind rage.

If Bryke can keep the quality up then it will work out fine. If not.....

SO I'm left hungry for new animation, now that Korra has ended. There was a lot of discussion about Sword Art Online, so I decided to try.

tumblr_nctgkaWGoK1sdv4s4o2_250.gif

tumblr_nctgkaWGoK1sdv4s4o1_250.gif

NOPE.
Seriously, Fuck this anime so hard.
I should just marathon all of Avatar...

Bahahahaha

Yeah shouldn't have watched that. It's legitimately the worst anime I've ever seen and I refuse to watch SAO2. I mentioned it was similar to TLoK, but that was specifically referring to the plot structure and the type of genre. I mean, you could split SAO down into Books, effectively. Call them "Games" and it's the same damn thing.

SArcher

Banned
I'm rewatching season 2 and I had to laugh when Lin says "What the flamio happened here?" after Korra breaks up with Mako. I guess Aang did make flamio happen.

I'm rewatching season 2 and I had to laugh when Lin says "What the flamio happened here?" after Korra breaks up with Mako. I guess Aang did make flamio happen.
I love Lin's "You should've seen air temple Island after I got through with it." You just know she fucked that place up hardcore. Probably had to be tranquilized or something to end the carnage. I just imagine it like Brock Samsons blood soaked naked rampage.

RedShift

I love Lin's "You should've seen air temple Island after I got through with it." You just know she fucked that place up hardcore. Probably had to be tranquilized or something to end the carnage. I just imagine it like Brock Samsons blood soaked naked rampage.

It used to be called Air Temple Peninsula.

kd-z

I finished watching Book 3 today. For some reason with every season of Korra I just waited until it was done, and now I was two seasons behind.

But what I'm getting at is this: I LOVE this world and these characters. This is the second time I'm close to the end of an Avatar series, but this time there's no sequel on the horizon and I am terrified of the book hangover I'll have after the last episode of Korra :(

Toa TAK

Banned
There's only so much to talk about now, until the Blu-Ray comes out and the artbook, I guess.

I'm just holding out for the soundtrack at this point. I neeeeeed it.

360pages

This reminds me of that Fanfic I'm writing that is rather funny. It's pretty much just JoJo Bizarre Adventure, but with benders. Despite it taking place during the time line of Korra it features a mostly original cast.

Mostly it was a test to see how much stupid bullshit I can make up using bending...

Afrocious

I'd like to pick apart each book while rewatching them. However, I can't bring myself to do it since I don't hate the show.

There were times when the show insulted my intelligence, but no where to the degree of other things I've watched.

This reminds me of that Fanfic I'm writing that is rather funny. It's pretty much just JoJo Bizarre Adventure, but with benders. Despite it taking place during the time line of Korra it features a mostly original cast.

Mostly it was a test to see how much stupid bullshit I can make up using bending...
1400367717000.png

Toa TAK

Banned
I know while rewatching Book 3, I was pretty surprised at how long it took for The Red Lotus (to be called that, A) to meet up with Korra (B).

It's one of the entertaining things I wrote honestly. Mostly because I wrote it more for fun and don't actually edit it. Somehow it reached 140000 words and not even half done.

Tahno and Skoochy ended up being main characters, there is a Firebending bird.
I'd hate to have to scrape firebending bird shit off my satomobile. That's a lot of words. I've never written anything that long, sounds fun though.

Omikaru

I'm pretty much burned out on Korrasami. I still think it was the right pairing (and not from some SJW perspective, though obviously I'm pleased from that angle, but because I think they had the best chemistry in the few moments the characters were let loose from the constantly-moving plot), but it could've been executed far better.

Afrocious

I'm pretty much burned out on Korrasami. I still think it was the right pairing (and not from some SJW perspective, though obviously I'm pleased from that angle, but because I think they had the best chemistry in the few moments the characters were let loose from the constantly-moving plot), but it could've been executed far better.

Indeed. However, I do think, given what we do and don't know about the development of the show, them showing affection to one another could really have been stunted by the network, which is a common practice.

It's due to that I can see the two being together based on how they reacted toward each other in books 3 and 4.

And the discussion comes back around. Funnily enough it's the people against Korrasami that are making it the center of discussion.

Zing!

Omikaru

One day one of you is gonna take it too far and get your ass banned. It's happened before.

I'm still having nightmares about that Tarrlok picture.

Mononoke

Banned
Not really, that should say something coming from me.

Fanart gets posted every dozen posts or so, but Korrasami hasn't been the center of discussion for a two days or so.

I was just being tongue and cheek.

So what have you guys been up to? Any plans for New Years?

EDIT:

Also my giveaway is only 8 hours away from being done. So if anyone hasn't entered in KorrGAF, please enter:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=961687

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom