• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Preview Thread

Caelus

If you want to make a Zelda 1 reference, you can use the Japanese title for the first game:
legend-of-zelda-nes-logo-jp-79004.png

Or maybe it's too boring.

I've seen it, besides the shaky voice acting, it's not even a phrase that's exclusive to the game let alone the franchise. As a title, it comes off as amateurish for a game about physics and interactions.

Well, if the title needs to be about physics, it should be this: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | OT | Causing Havok

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT| Wind Woke

Nepenthe

I've seen it, besides the shaky voice acting, it's not even a phrase that's exclusive to the game let alone the franchise. As a title, it comes off as amateurish for a game about physics and interactions.

It's probably the most noteworthy use of the title in recent gaming memory. It's the first bit of dialogue we hear on the E3 trailer before anything is even seen, and it bookends the Switch Presentation trailer. The story is also pertinent to the game too and is partly about unlocking memories, of "opening one's eyes" so to speak. The subtitle doesn't have to be about physics; it just needs to be clever and or evocative of the game, and if there is one bit of dialogue that fits the latter, well "Open Your Eyes," would be it......

Wait....

No.

There's another better bit of dialogue.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | OT | Here It Comes!

Print it.

It's probably the most noteworthy use of the title in recent gaming memory. It's the first bit of dialogue we hear on the E3 trailer before anything is even seen, and it bookends the Switch Presentation trailer. The story is also pertinent to the game too and is partly about unlocking memories, of "opening one's eyes" so to speak. The subtitle doesn't have to be about physics; it just needs to be clever and or evocative of the game, and if there is one bit of dialogue that fits the latter, well "Open Your Eyes," would be it......

Wait....

No.

There's another better bit of dialogue.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | OT | Here It Comes!

Print it.

Yeah, I could live with this one.

Open Your Eyes is still the best though and nothing else has come remotely close.

Kodaman

OT | Everything that light touches

OT | Breath of the West

OT | It's dangerous to go alone, take this.. saucepan

...I'm sleepy

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Don't let the mods find this thread, they'll make the OT title a Thanos or Thor 2 reference.

Retro

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT| Experience the Challenge of Endless Adventure

Zelda 1 throwback? Check.
"Endless," implying a huge playtime? Check.
"Challenge," as a wink towards increased difficulty? Check.
"Adventure," because it's such an evocative term, especially for this series (and a wink towards Zelda II, which supposedly precedes this game in the timeline)? Check.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild |OT| The History of Hyrule Is Also The History of Calamity Ganon, A Primal Evil that Has Endured Over the Ages

_Clash_

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT| This space has intentionally been left blank

but seriously, if in doubt "Open your eyes" IMO

Top Bottom