• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet money with someone that it'd settle in at 95+ mc. :)
hMjOPzE.gif

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
For those people reading the reviews, how is the soundtrack being received?

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
This is beautiful. The "open world perfection" was on point reading through the reviews. We got a wonderful game on our hands.

zulux21

the reviews sound good, I look forward to playing it sunday (if it manages to get here in time from best buy as they haven't shipped yet)

otherwise later in the week when I finish horizon.

either way I am hoping it is half as good as the reviews say.
skyward sword also reviewed well and I think that is the worst console zelda game, and overall not a good game in general.

that being said half of that is because i hated the controls to skyward sword as they weren't very responsive and just all around a pain to use (they could work fine if I slowed down, but at the pace I wanted to play the controls lagged behind) so at the very least I know breath won't have that issue.

Seems I have a treat to look forward come may when this will be my birthday present. Going to step out now to avoid any spoilers but great news.

UrbanRats

I kind of feel bad for guerilla. They are given the go ahead to make a new style of game. They deliver fantastically for a first try an amazing open world game and it's got a stunning story, amazing gameplay and stellar visuals.

And it gets drowned out by a GotG 3 days later.

The truly worst part is........should I finish horizon.......or start Zelda, a game that I've waited a long long time for.

Shit
You feel bad for Horizon? How should Nier feel?

kubus

Is it really okay to believe all these reviews? The game can't be this good... right?
I'm so scared to get too hyped from reviews and be disappointed but... from the looks of things this game really is that good.

I am so happy I don't have school for a month. This game will consume me...

Ansatz

Does Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 hold up nowadays?

I don't think it holds up as an "experience" like today's single player games since it's an arcadey game and those aren't being made anymore on the AAA tier, but it's an absolutely phenomenal game to min-max and it definitely holds up.

QaaQer

Nope it actually preety sad that Zelda won't get attention it deserves. What it deserves it GTA- Minecraft level sales, with appreciation from the whole gaming community.
Oh and comparisions are inevitable. They're both open world action-adventure games that come out in the same week.

Minecraft is a game that allows people to actually create things and collaborate and can be played for years. It is far beyond any single player adventure.

Karanlos

So my the GameStop overbooked their orders which means 5 have tonot come and get it :^D
This is painfully to watch :( all those 10s and no switch :(

(Not zelda spoiler)
Got an order for another one somewhere else and confirmed to be ready in 11 hours 20 mins for midnight launch

faint.

I wonder how Horizon will do GOTY wise after this. Certainly it will be GOTY from a few outlets, but I'm sure it will cause a shitstorm from both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom