• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoy Easy Allies reviews but their scoring is shit.

The Last Guardian got 5/5 but Breath of the Wild gets 4.5/5?

Bloodworth reviewed Last Guardian, Damiani reviewed Breath of the Wild and he judges a LOT harder than the other reviewers.

(Huber would've given it 10 stars)

ncslamm

I am thrilled that I get to experience one of the greatest games ever made on its launch day on a new console. This may top playing Mario 64 on Christmas '96.

LOL People complaining about Easy Allies review.
People were saying Damiani shouldn't be reviewing the game because he's such a Zelda fanboy but now you're not happy because of the 4.5/5 stars?
Make up your mind.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
That feel when you hold the limited edition in your hands but you can't play it now cause the console hasn't arrived yet.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Wow... Expected great scores but they really delivered with the game.

Kudos to everyone involved in developing this masterpiece.

Wow lots of them perfect scores. Like, not a perfect score is an outlier. I'm looking forward to it but wow might have underestimated it somehow

Also seems like it's enough to pull me away from Horizon, unless I somehow finish it today. Glad I got a Switch to pick up tomorrow ;-)

full

jdstorm

Banned
Nintendo didn't have the experience of making open world games right? This makes it all the more amazing, impressed by their team!

Monolith Soft (internal Nintendo team) is just coming off Xenoblade Chronicles X and thats one of the most impressive open worlds ever made, so this isnt Nintendo's first go at it

Nice. I mean its Zelda so yeah expected 10/10's, but hearing everyone's different experience with the game and how truly special it actually is makes me excited as hell.

ckaneo

Is it really okay to believe all these reviews? The game can't be this good... right?
I'm so scared to get too hyped from reviews and be disappointed but... from the looks of things this game really is that good.

I am so happy I don't have school for a month. This game will consume me...

Contain the hype.

At this point it's easy to see where the "flaws" are.
Framerate/graphics
Inventory management (weapons,cooking,etc)
Open world fatigue (lots of empty space, slow movement)

Depending on how you personally feel about those should let you know what to expect in the game.

Arion

I wonder how Horizon will do GOTY wise after this. Certainly it will be GOTY from a few outlets, but I'm sure it will cause a shitstorm from both sides.

Horizon will easily be lost in the shuffle by the end of the year. Keep in mind Red Dead Redemption 2 might also release this year. 2017 is just too damn stacked.

Majukun

I kind of feel bad for guerilla. They are given the go ahead to make a new style of game. They deliver fantastically for a first try an amazing open world game and it's got a stunning story, amazing gameplay and stellar visuals.

And it gets drowned out by a GotG 3 days later.

The truly worst part is........should I finish horizon.......or start Zelda, a game that I've waited a long long time for.

Shit

it's a good sony exclusive on ps4
i think they are ok, really

Trickster

Genuinely surprised to see scores like that in this day and age.

I'm by no means a Zelda fan in general. But it sounds like this is an amazing open world game, which is a type of game I enjoy. Who knows, maybe I'll get a switch eventually, which I wasn't planning.

thefro

Launch will not be the problem, but the following months/year. They need to deliver software, and not just first party.

Things honestly look pretty good there with all the indie support.

We'll see what they have in store at E3. Pretty sure Zelda can carry the system on its back alone until MK8 Deluxe hits in April.

Welp I'm still going to play some Horizon and wait for the weekend for this. Damn this is a fun time for gaming.

there was a site that was linked a couple of pages ago that had a negative review of the game XD..no score though
Yeah I read it lol I just don't want anyone taking anything I'm saying about it seriously and going after some guy just because he has a different opinion.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Pretty fantastic scores all around, the game seems to be very special. As usual Nintendo keep creating the kind of games that make their consoles essential even if only play the first-party content.

Haven't read any review yet, but interested in knowing if any of the reviews talk about the Wii U version.

Does anybody know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom