• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSESN

Of course Zelda fans will be upset with a 9. Why one of my favourite game franchises has one of the worst fanbases?

Lingitiz

Horizon will easily be lost in the shuffle by the end of the year. Keep in mind Red Dead Redemption 2 might also release this year. 2017 is just too damn stacked.
Mario, Zelda, and Rockstar games are massive critical darlings and own the list of top rated games of all time. The Goty conversation is going to centered squarely around those three.

It's also funny that GameXplain's review is one of the few less positive ones.

Biased Nintendo outlet!

To be fair they moan about everything.

They spent the first 5-10 minutes of their Mario Odyssey cast worrying that there would be only 4 levels in the game because Nintendo only showed 4 levels in the trailer.

Seriously.

Chaos17

thumb-350-805656.jpg

Metacritic: 98
http://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild?ref=hp

Opencritic: 97
http://opencritic.com/game/1548/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild?tab=1

GameRanking: 98
http://www.gamerankings.com/switch/189707-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild/index.html

(posting this because they compiles reviews like the OP)

That feel when you hold the limited edition in your hands but you can't play it now cause the console hasn't arrived yet.

The feel being at work and knowing that the parcel has been delivered home early in the morning, one day earlier than expected, containing both console and Zelda LE...

Crazyorloco

Not only are these reviews saying it's the best Zelda, some are even saying it's the greatest video game of all time. Now these reviews are fucking with my head. Lol

I'm about to camp at 12:00 am to pick up my preorder.

Skulldead

Impressive score, but whit most of the background of player here, anybody still think it will their best game of all time ? You don't remember how many game that was over hype like these ? GTA 4 is a good exemple on MC list, it's not a bad game, but it's far from GOAT.

Still looking to play it, but lower the hype.... please lol.

Raylan

Banned
I kind of feel bad for guerilla. They are given the go ahead to make a new style of game. They deliver fantastically for a first try an amazing open world game and it's got a stunning story, amazing gameplay and stellar visuals.

And it gets drowned out by a GotG 3 days later.

The truly worst part is........should I finish horizon.......or start Zelda, a game that I've waited a long long time for.

Shit
Feeling bad? Drowned? Dude, Horizon will be fine. Millions are playing it, it received great reviews scores and it's the first part of a new and great franchise. It will seel great, etc. It will be fine. Not everybody has a Switch or will get one. So in the end, enjoy both games. Both are great and both will do just fine in the gaming market. Great times, right now ;)

Namikaze1

I don't trust any of these reviews, too much Zelda biased in the press.
/s

Freaking sucks being broke. :( Won't get to play this till the holiday seaso. It's gonna be a long ass wait. Though by then, I'll have a couple more games to look forward to picking up alongside my eventual Switch and Zelda pickup. I am jealous of you all getting to play it tomorrow.

HeelPower

Horizon probably already sold more than this will in its lifetime lol

Maybe ,but if the switch takes off you can bet 90% of switch buyers will get one.

I for one know that if I ever get a switch,I am getting Zelda.

I think this will be the highest selling Zelda.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
The feel being at work and knowing that the parcel has been delivered home early in the morning, one day earlier than expected, containing both console and Zelda LE...

Well i will likely get the console next week so i'd rather be in your shoes now.

Mantorok

So my only hope to play games is on my lunch break, so sat at my desk for up to an hour gives me approximately 6 months of Zelda on switch goodness, and that's assuming I play every day.

:O

Ionic

Absolutely,I can not play it for years but within seconds it all comes back to me. It's like riding a damn bike.

Man, that's the perfect way to describe classic THPS. I think when I'm 80, if I were handed an N64 controller and THPS2 I'd be doing combos all around the Warehouse without much acclimating.

Hopefully when I'm 80 I also reminisce about BotW with a similar reverence I hold my childhood Zeldas in.

alexbull_uk

Looking damn good, I'm excited to play it tomorrow.

I do wish that Horizon had come out a week ago though, it's going to be hard to balance playing both of them.

FTF

Wow this game sounds so amazing. Can't wait to play! I just hope I'm not getting myself too psyched lol.

vaderise

OléGunner;231319988 said:
Holy fuck 98 meta :eek:

Agreed.
I can't see any other game knocking Zelda off for GoTY.
Not even the mighty Red Dead 2 stands a chance.
Rockstar invented the modern open world genre nd they're keeping perfecting it. Even Zelda has a big competitor right there.

Bloodworth reviewed Last Guardian, Damiani reviewed Breath of the Wild and he judges a LOT harder than the other reviewers.

(Huber would've given it 10 stars)

heh, makes it sound like we're just handing out 5s. Last Guardian and Uncharted 4 are the only two we've given that score to. Nothing at GT ever got 10.

Makikou

I kind of feel bad for guerilla. They are given the go ahead to make a new style of game. They deliver fantastically for a first try an amazing open world game and it's got a stunning story, amazing gameplay and stellar visuals.

And it gets drowned out by a GotG 3 days later.

The truly worst part is........should I finish horizon.......or start Zelda, a game that I've waited a long long time for.

Shit

But then you remember Sony PS4 user base vs. Nintendo WiiU/Switch user base.

Yeah I think they'll be fine man.

Can you please shake your hair over my fries?

I have no idea what you're trying to say, but 1 game is not redeeming Switch for what it still seems to be.

The guys who made Horizon are probably thrilled about the great reviews they got, the sales they're probably going to get, and about playing Zelda.

faint.

Horizon will easily be lost in the shuffle by the end of the year. Keep in mind Red Dead Redemption 2 might also release this year. 2017 is just too damn stacked.

Totally forgot about RDR2... This really is a great year for gaming. I had originally preordered a Switch but cancelled it 2 weeks ago. I'll buy a PS4 Pro later this year (I own an XB1) and a Switch once Mario Od drops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom