• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

vareon

I kind of feel bad for guerilla. They are given the go ahead to make a new style of game. They deliver fantastically for a first try an amazing open world game and it's got a stunning story, amazing gameplay and stellar visuals.

And it gets drowned out by a GotG 3 days later.

The truly worst part is........should I finish horizon.......or start Zelda, a game that I've waited a long long time for.

Shit

Don't worry, Horizon will have the sales and attention they deserve. Zelda is kind of a bigger deal now because it also marks the new generation for Nintendo, but I wouldn't worry for Horizon at all.

daxy

So........Killer app confirmed???

For people in the know, sure. For everyone else, I don't think so. Critical acclaim doesn't generate sales as much as positive word of mouth among the broader population does. If anything, the degree of time spent on it by popular Youtube streamers is a better indication of its possible popularity.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Yes, animations wise.

strafehorse.gif

Oh, this can totally be a "haters gonna hate" thing

Also, 4,5 with Easy Allies? C'mon...

jdstorm

Banned
I kind of feel bad for guerilla. They are given the go ahead to make a new style of game. They deliver fantastically for a first try an amazing open world game and it's got a stunning story, amazing gameplay and stellar visuals.

And it gets drowned out by a GotG 3 days later.

The truly worst part is........should I finish horizon.......or start Zelda, a game that I've waited a long long time for.

Shit

Im in the same position. Im going to finish Horizon first, because if BotW really is this good chances are you might view Horizon the same way.

Aaaand I just got confirmation that I'll have my switch tomorrow morning. So hyped for both this and the Switch in general... someone freeze me.

unrealist

Nintendo didn't have the experience of making open world games right? This makes it all the more amazing, impressed by their team!

Red

I enjoy Easy Allies reviews but their scoring is shit.

The Last Guardian got 5/5 but Breath of the Wild gets 4.5/5?
Maybe they liked one more than the other? These are human people expressing their understanding and enjoyment of something. There is no structure being built out of these review scores. There is no plan being followed that will result in a weak foundation if one reviewer doesn't follow the instructions. Because a handful of scores are different from the rest does not mean those outliers are wrong.

they made some critical decisions when making this game (much like with skyward sword), i expect that in the end of the day it will be arather divisive game for users,some people will love it with the intensity of a housand suns...other will probably ask "where is my zelda"

Yeah, I put an entire section at the end of my review, talking about areas where I feel the game will be divisive.

jchap

I tried a couple of reviews and they started spoiling stuff. I look forward to reading the actual content of these reviews when I finish the game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom