• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
eiji-aonuma.jpg

Guys. This guy.

Forget Everything!

Wow, I expect good scores because Zelda.

But this is crazy!

I have the game in my hands right now and I can't freaking wait to get stuck in!!! :D

Unison

I am still shocked by these scores... I've been dodging spoilers since E3, but what I've seen looked very combat heavy and very divisive, so uniform praise (apart from technical issues) was not what I expected.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Like 5 guys complained about the EZA score.... Yet we have at least 10 people acting as if all Zelda fans are going nuts about it xD

It still got a very high score..no need to take the discussion any further. You know it's a good game when even a 9.5 stands out compared to the rest.

The only game that can beat it is RDR2.
Don't forget Mario Odyssey. Seems like they topped OoT with BotW.... If they can deliver a Mario 64 type of title for this generation... Would be crazy.

syncyes

There were moments when I was watching the streams over these past few days when the streamer wasn't really doing anything exciting, just--exploring, and I was still enjoying it, I was still in awe.

Over these past few days I've watched probably 15+ hours of people streaming, and I was never bored and I wasn't even playing the game.

What I'm trying to say is, I'm not surprised. Haha.

Shredderi

Sony: "Here's Horizon, open world perfection"

Nintendo: "Hold my beer"

Playing Horizon currently and it's really good but not open world perfection :D It does many things better than other open world games and other stuff it doesn't I mostly forgive for the things I adore it for. The best thing I've seen in this Zelda is the sheer amount of gameplay mechanics that let's you do so many things. I don't need to play this Zelda though to know that it won't be "open world perfection" either. No game will. I have a dream, and that dream is for Nintendo to absolutely pump Switch full of, I mean FULL of big, hype quality games in the next two years, and then buy the console and have a smorgasboard of nintendo goodness at my hands.

13ruce

Banned
Well that orincess Zelda from BotW tattoo cerainly is in my mind after reading some of those heartwarming reviews.

Now i just need to experience the game!

KidB

Wow, just wow. This game seems to be one of the greatest achievements in gaming history. Nintendo couldn't have dreamt of a better launch title for Switch.

Skux

Ugh....I'm salty it's doing so well. Horizon is officially taken off of its pedestal.

Hardly. A lot of people will be talking about Zelda but only a fraction will be playing it when you look at the install base the Wii U + Switch, compared to the PS4 (which has more lifetime sales than the Wii U and XB1 combined). I would go so far to say that Horizon could even outsell BotW.

pringles

Impressive score, but whit most of the background of player here, anybody still think it will their best game of all time ? You don't remember how many game that was over hype like these ? GTA 4 is a good exemple on MC list, it's not a bad game, but it's far from GOAT.

Still looking to play it, but lower the hype.... please lol.
If this was GTA VI you'd have a point. I trust Nintendo A LOT more than Rockstar to actually deliver in terms of gameplay and overall game design.

EVO

There was a time when this wasn't a Switch title. An alternate timeline when "Zelda Wii U" is released in 2015 to the console's dying breath.

I wonder how that timeline fares.

There's also a timeline where this game is called Blood of the Wolf.

Seriously, I keep mistaking it for that. It's my Berenstein moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom