• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakitu

st5fu
Wow. Zelda fans must be dreaming right now. Good job Nintendo. Some developers should really take a leaf out of their game design philosophy.

Caelus

Nintendo should be kissing the feet of the Zelda team right now, this game makes the Switch from "I'll get it this Christmas" to a "Ahh maybe I should get it launch day and lock myself in my room".

Jesus, back to back 5/5s from Giant Bomb with Horizon and Zelda. 2017 has sucked in a lot of ways, but in terms of gaming, this is shaping up to be one of the best years in recent memory

trixx

Excited about this game, wondering if this means Zelda is going to be open world going forward..ehh.

Anyways still got Metroid :(. Confused about getting switch or wii u version now :L

Mario Odyssey gonna be the second coming of Christ if this is any indication of what they can do to reinvigorate a franchise. Goddamn.

Just had the thought that this and Mario Odyssey might end up being the two highest rated games of this decade. I expect Mario to deliver.

Skulldead

If this was GTA VI you'd have a point. I trust Nintendo A LOT more than Rockstar to actually deliver in terms of gameplay and overall game design.

True, Nintendo usually deliver, but at the same time, i still think it get bonus point because... it got Zelda name (same for GTA or Mario). Anaway i'll see like everyone else.

score01

These reviews are awesome and are getting me hyped. Gonna be tough holding out on getting a switch till later on in the year.

b0bbyJ03

Wow, just wow. My favorite game of all time is OoT but I haven't played a Nintendo system since the early Wii days. Might have to buy a Wii U or switch just for this damn game. Fuck!

Prithee Be Careful

Industry Professional
Anyone saw this review?

http://www.zam.com/article/1365/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-review
Verdict: No

They hate that it is open world and like Dark Souls.

I mean, he backs up his points well...

I hate that their screenshots are pulled from trailers and they didn't do any capture of their own :p

Nah I didn't give it a proper read but I did read the bolded quotes, he's just complaining about what it is rather than how well it does it.

This is pretty much what I expect...

I really hope you guys are reading the reviews, and not just seeing scores.

Really helps to understand the groundbreaking changes this game stands for.

ajjow

I feel like GTAIV + Tony Hawks most definitely don't belong there, but otherwise that's a damn solid list. Any one of those games is indeed great.

Tony hawk is great. I hate skating, but that game is awesome.

Gta4 is the prime example of buying reviews. Its one of the worst gtas since gta3.

Its a shame that gta5 is even lower than that. Gta5 is superb. Amazing and pretty funny.

Anyway, colour me impressed. I still
Have faith jim sterling will give it a 4 because he hates nintendo for taking his money.

xviper

WOW, this is more than i expected

i thought it will score 95

this is amazing and it's probably gonna stay the highest rated game of the generation

well done nintendo, i hope this surpasses Twilight princess as my favorite Zelda game of all time

i think Witcher 3 has finally gotten a competitor

thank god it's on Wii u or else i would have bought a Switch, Zelda is the only game worth buying a console for

Angel_DvA

I'm a man of word:

3a2400f2dde4f0600623e201c65710a7.png

Domstercool

GameXplain | "Liked it a lot" (= Their highest score)

I thought "Loved it" was the highest?

Mad scores overall - I'm dug in and waiting for tomorrow and my days off from work to play all day ( and weekend).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom