• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LotusHD

Banned
Guys... we are witnessing gaming history right now.

tCMqSj9.jpg

Unison

I really hope you guys are reading the reviews, and not just seeing scores.

Really helps to understand the groundbreaking changes this game stands for.

I haven't read reviews for fear of spoilers... Could someone summarize just why it's that good?

I guess I have a general sense that all the various systems work together, but is there more than that... if it's something that requires spoilers to explain, please tag.

spekkeh

Banned
fundamental differences in the way they make games

Yep, iterative process with heavy prototyping of the gameplay for AAA production is still relatively rare.
It's starting to gain traction though. But to throw out everything this radically for one of your largest franchises is still a thing to behold, and luckily gets rewarded.

Intel_89

I'm here to eat crow, I'm really surprised by the amount of perfect scores BotW received so far. As a Zelda fan I've kept hoping for the best but never expected to break de 95+ average, hopefully the new direction will be one that I'll be able to enjoy too.

artsi

I just bought Nioh
I just bought Nier
I just bought Horizon yesterday

I haven't finished one of them yet.
And looks like I'm going to buy a Switch tomorrow... *sigh*

deleted

Looking at the Giant Bomb Quicklook is fantastic. Dan talking about the game sems like I'll be in for quite an experience. And the trying things out in the video and cheering when it works is great :)

Normally I never even start open world games because I loose interest in them. But experiencing with this seems so much fun.

I didn't think I'd ever see something like this. I mean, i was 3 years old when Ocarina came out so I couldn't really be there for that, but it feels like another watershed moment like that did for those who could experience it. Some of the things reviewers are saying...

The wait for my copy is torture.

Can anyone say 'moneyhat'?

Jeez, I'm looking at this thread and I'm seeing what I guess full grown ADULTS losing there minds over a game for CHILDREN. I guess it's good at what its supposed to do which is to entertain kids but some of you need to GROW UP, y'all acting like your at kindergarten LMAO.

I guess it like with Disney, sure the films are good and maybe an adult can enjoy them if he has to be in the room but you have LOST YOUR MIND if you think you can compare those films to adult movies like scareface and the fast and furious franchise.

If you like this game you NEED to grow up, that's all their is too it.

Peltz

I barely post in review threads and I'm not even anywhere near the biggest of Zelda fans despite my great enjoyment of the series; having said that - this is beautiful to see. Not only a perfecting of Zelda's formula by Nintendo it seems, and not only the largest Zelda to date, but probably Nintendo's best creation and one of the very best games of all time, if these reviews are anything to go by. Which is incredible to see and experience.

In the last 12 months alone, Hitman returned to form, we got one of the best console puzzlers in the Witness, we got Nintendo's best strategy game in many years in Fire Emblem Fates, we got one of the most memorable rhythm games of all time in Thumper, ID made their best game in decades with Doom, we got possibly the best and meatiest piece of DLC ever with the Witcher 3 Blood & Wine, we got Blizzard's new IP Overwatch that sweeped GOTY awards and gave everyone one of the freshest multiplayer games in years, we got an action adventure masterpiece in the form of Uncharted 4, we got one of the most acclaimed platformers ever in Inside, The Last Guardian not only finally came out but was actually incredible for gamers, the Yakuza series came back with a bang with Yakuza 0, Resident Evil 7 brought the series back to form and actually scared the shit out of gamers, we got the best Tales games in many years with Berseria, we got probably Koei Tecmo's best game in decades with Nioh, Guerilla finally created their masterpiece with Horizon, and now Nintendo created likely not only the best Zelda game but maybe the best Nintendo game ever for some.

Bottom line is, it's a great honor to live in some of the most exciting times in gaming history with all of you. We shall cherish it :)

Gaming is great.

breakfuss

Fuck. I may just have to spring for the Switch version now instead of playing it on Wii U. I have never seeen scores like this.

Jeez, I'm looking at this thread and I'm seeing what I guess full grown ADULTS losing there minds over a game for CHILDREN. I guess it's good at what its supposed to do which is to entertain kids but some of you need to GROW UP, y'all acting like your at kindergarten LMAO.

I guess it like with Disney, sure the films are good and maybe an adult can enjoy them if he has to be in the room but you have LOST YOUR MIND if you think you can compare those films to adult movies like scareface and the fast and furious franchise.

This is either brilliant trolling, or a truly sad individual.

Either way, top marks. I choose to believe the former.

ckaneo

My sarcasm meter is on, but im not quite sure.

Someone post this guys history

Too obvious.
Not 10/10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom