• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LotusHD

Banned
I didn't think I'd ever see something like this. I mean, i was 3 years old when Ocarina came out so I couldn't really be there for that, but it feels like another watershed moment like that did for those who could experience it. Some of the things reviewers are saying...

The wait for my copy is torture.

I won't lie, a big reason I've never been all crazy over Ocarina is because I just basically skipped over it as a kid. I mean I had it, but I just never finished, and as a result, the magic and nostalgia is just lost on me. BoTW looks to be my 2nd chance when it comes to that.

Salex_

how does nintendo make high rated AAA games in this day and age without being a graphically impresssive / "cinematic experience"

There's plenty of 90+ (and near 90) MC games that don't fit that mound. I feel like this is a bait post to give Nintendo additional praise lol.

Raysoul

Can anyone say 'moneyhat'?

Jeez, I'm looking at this thread and I'm seeing what I guess full grown ADULTS losing there minds over a game for CHILDREN. I guess it's good at what its supposed to do which is to entertain kids but some of you need to GROW UP, y'all acting like your at kindergarten LMAO.

I guess it like with Disney, sure the films are good and maybe an adult can enjoy them if he has to be in the room but you have LOST YOUR MIND if you think you can compare those films to adult movies like scareface and the fast and furious franchise.

If you like this game you NEED to grow up, that's all their is too it.

Wow this post is so Adult.

Grakl

Jeez, I'm looking at this thread and I'm seeing what I guess full grown ADULTS losing there minds over a game for CHILDREN. I guess it's good at what its supposed to do which is to entertain kids but some of you need to GROW UP, y'all acting like your at kindergarten LMAO.

I guess it like with Disney, sure the films are good and maybe an adult can enjoy them if he has to be in the room but you have LOST YOUR MIND if you think you can compare those films to adult movies like scareface and the fast and furious franchise.

A+

The M.O.B

I know you're joking but I died at "scareface"

Legit LMAO

Please tell me this is a GAF joke that I'm unaware of.

Kuro

What am I reading

jdstorm

Banned

/ Dead. Lol

bennibop

As excited as I am for Zelda I cant help feel it is being let off in reviews for performance problems when others game would not be given the same treatment. Games should not be given perfect score when there are issues, because it is not perfect.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I barely post in review threads and I'm not even anywhere near the biggest of Zelda fans despite my great enjoyment of the series; having said that - this is beautiful to see. Not only a perfecting of Zelda's formula by Nintendo it seems, and not only the largest Zelda to date, but probably Nintendo's best creation and one of the very best games of all time, if these reviews are anything to go by. Which is incredible to see and experience.

In the last 12 months alone, Hitman returned to form, we got one of the best console puzzlers in the Witness, we got Nintendo's best strategy game in many years in Fire Emblem Fates, we got one of the most memorable rhythm games of all time in Thumper, ID made their best game in decades with Doom, we got possibly the best and meatiest piece of DLC ever with the Witcher 3 Blood & Wine, we got Blizzard's new IP Overwatch that sweeped GOTY awards and gave everyone one of the freshest multiplayer games in years, we got an action adventure masterpiece in the form of Uncharted 4, we got one of the most acclaimed platformers ever in Inside, The Last Guardian not only finally came out but was actually incredible for gamers, the Yakuza series came back with a bang with Yakuza 0, Resident Evil 7 brought the series back to form and actually scared the shit out of gamers, we got the best Tales games in many years with Berseria, we got probably Koei Tecmo's best game in decades with Nioh, Guerilla finally created their masterpiece with Horizon, and now Nintendo created likely not only the best Zelda game but maybe the best Nintendo game ever for some.

Bottom line is, it's a great honor to live in some of the most exciting times in gaming history with all of you. We shall cherish it :)

it's the best time to be playing games!!

AndersK

Wow! Congrats Nintenbros! Maybe this'll be my first non-handheld Nintendo console ever, if this keeps up. I hope for a great library down the line.

Edit: Yeah ok, Handheld-smanheld. You know what i mean.

Hmmm, I wonder how long it will take for the Switch to drop in price in the UK...?

That sentiment seems certainly short lived right now, lol.

Eh, I am very, very interested in this new Zelda, but there are those of us who put the visual package far up the list, and that game is a watershed in that area.

Fat4all

Banned
As excited as I am for Zelda I cant help feel it is being let off in reviews for performance problems when others game would not be given the same treatment. Games should not be given perfect score when there are issues, because it is not perfect.

I mean, even reviewers that are weighing the performance issues heavily are rating it really well

PhaZZe

Banned

wow so mature
11/10 better zelda

Copenap

Your mistake is thinking 10/10 means perfect.

ckaneo

how does nintendo make high rated AAA games in this day and age without being a graphically impresssive / "cinematic experience"

Except Nintendo games are always the best looking and technical on their systems. So they are impressive for their hardware.

vareon

10 years from now fam, we'll remember the point of our lives when this game came out.

"Where were you when Zelda: Breath of The Wild is out?"
"I'm here, F5ing Neogaf and grinning like stupid."

Not exactly glowing but I'll cherish these memories.

Bloodborne was rife with performance issues and also reviewed incredibly well. And deservedly so.

Seik

Banned

I am crushed under the weight of your maturity, man.

Also, ok for Scarface, but F&F? Fuck off lol.

Superb. Literally A+ material.

Chaos17

Read the reviews and you will understand that it's minor compared to all the fun testers had and mostly it's not to the point it not playable at like Assassin creed was.

mlclmtckr

Banned
I just woke up, reading this thread is the first thing I've done today, and it's exceeded all my expectations.

In about 30 hours I'll be playing this, holy shit.

Remember when the embargo was revealed and people went "Uh oh day before launch? Nintendo clearly doesn't have confidence in Zelda."?

Man this is something else.

bennibop

Your mistake is thinking 10/10 means perfect.

Framerate issues impact on gameplay experience.

@Chaos17 I have read the reviews, like I said I am hyped for game (love Zelda) just don't like that performance issues have been pointed out and a perfect score given.

ZombAid82

LMFAO

Post of the Day!
And Yeah, Movies can be compared and Kubo and the Two Strings is better than Scarface and FAF combined together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom