• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
FFBxAsH.png

Statham would be disappointed.

Can anyone say 'moneyhat'?

Jeez, I'm looking at this thread and I'm seeing what I guess full grown ADULTS losing there minds over a game for CHILDREN. I guess it's good at what its supposed to do which is to entertain kids but some of you need to GROW UP, y'all acting like your at kindergarten LMAO.

I guess it like with Disney, sure the films are good and maybe an adult can enjoy them if he has to be in the room but you have LOST YOUR MIND if you think you can compare those films to adult movies like scareface and the fast and furious franchise.

If you like this game you NEED to grow up, that's all their is too it.

This is a parody post right?

Jeez, I'm looking at this thread and I'm seeing what I guess full grown ADULTS losing there minds over a game for CHILDREN. I guess it's good at what its supposed to do which is to entertain kids but some of you need to GROW UP, y'all acting like your at kindergarten LMAO.

I guess it like with Disney, sure the films are good and maybe an adult can enjoy them if he has to be in the room but you have LOST YOUR MIND if you think you can compare those films to adult movies like scareface and the fast and furious franchise.

Looking for a tag or a GAF meme I see...

Well, someone probably swallowed their Zelda cartridge because this post reeks of bitterness.

I can't tell if it's real or not, Gamexplain is one of the more critical reviews

The quote was by someone from Nintendoforce

Andre gave it a liked it a lot, he was critical of the inventory which he felt he spent too much time in having to sort through pages of stuff to find healing items he needed. Also complained when you find a chest with a full inventory its annoying that the game doesn't give you the option to auto throw your weakest weapon away. Finally he complained about some ugly textures up close and frame rate hiccups one so bad he though his game froze.

Rozart

Oh. my. god. That meta!

I knew it was always going to hit the 90s but a meta of 98 is /insane/! Incredible stuff from Nintendo's LoZ team.

MTC100

Banned
So, there is another one that wants to spit into the perfectly brewed Zelda Ratingsoup:

http://www.4players.de/4players.php...0/The_Legend_of_Zelda_Breath_of_the_Wild.html

91/100

I translated their statement at the end: "This is the best Legend of Zelda since Ocarina of Time in my opinion. Nintendo finally advanced [as a developer]. I wish everyone fun with this remarkable adventure."

You might wonder why it's only a mediocre 91/100 then? Because they are german. They gave HORIZON Zero Dawn 86/100 so you guys have something to compare that rating to ;)

[NaK]

Glad to see it's getting good reviews. I couldn't stand Skyward Sword and has been a bit reserved with my hopes for a new good Zelda game.

Can't help wishing it looked better though...
Im not interested in Switch so Im stuck with the Wii U version, and after a week with Horizon in 4K, going down to 720p and muddy textures will probably feel pretty noticeable.

What a beautiful post.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
I can only imagine certain someones furiously scurrying Google for "Breath of the Wild Review 6 7 8" and getting frustrated.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

I hate that this joke post is seemingly making fun of F&F - that series of movies is so god damned good and Fate of the Furious will be a blast.

legit cried at Vin's monologue at the end of F7 as Paul Walker drove away in that heaven-white pearl Supra 😭😭😭

Another 3D Zelda getting ridiculous (probably a teensy bit overhyped) review scores. have not ended up agreeing with the insane hype for any of these games except wind waker, but maybe this one will finally be another exception for me. Still don't understand why games media can't right level-headed reviews for these games.

Sony: "Here's Horizon, open world perfection"

Nintendo: "Hold my beer"
giphy.gif

Despite being open world both games seem very much geared towards different audiences and both are thus-far acclaimed. Admittedly I have only played one but I'm buying a Nintendo home console for the first time just to play Zelda however people really need to chill out with this adversarial shit, I saw it in almost every Horizon Zero Dawn thread and now the game is out, its great and people should be enjoying it we still get this kind of stuff.

I know you're joking but the sentiment isn't any less annoying.

I kinda feel bad for Sony.

They shouldn't have released Horizon so close to Zelda.
I wouldn't, Horizon will be fine.

Come to think of it, how is Zelda's marketing? I've seen none in the UK for the Switch or this game whereas Horizon is fucking everywhere.

Plus with Sony's install base it's gonna to be interesting to see what sells better, not from a console wars standpoint but from a general interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom