• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
Can anyone say 'moneyhat'?

Jeez, I'm looking at this thread and I'm seeing what I guess full grown ADULTS losing there minds over a game for CHILDREN. I guess it's good at what its supposed to do which is to entertain kids but some of you need to GROW UP, y'all acting like your at kindergarten LMAO.

I guess it like with Disney, sure the films are good and maybe an adult can enjoy them if he has to be in the room but you have LOST YOUR MIND if you think you can compare those films to adult movies like scareface and the fast and furious franchise.

If you like this game you NEED to grow up, that's all their is too it.

thatsbait.gif

Copenap

Framerate issues impact on gameplay experience.
That's not what I meant. It is an issue for sure and I agree that this should be considered in a review. However, your post implies that this means it cannot be a 10 because it is not perfect and I was just saying that a 10 does not mean perfect, it's not physics. If the game is incredible even with fram rate issues it can be a 10. Of course the whole rating is very subjective to begin with.

HunteronX

Banned
Wow. 98/100 metacritic from 50+ reviewers.

I was too young to experience Ocarina of Time when it was first released, but I luckily managed to complete it later on, via Virtual Console.

I can't wait to experience some of the feelings people had when being introduced to new game mechanics back then, which when encountered, seemed so much like common sense, that many adventure games now incorporate them like second nature.

Congrats Nintendo.

Grakl

So, there is another one that wants to spit into the perfectly brewed Zelda Ratingsoup:

http://www.4players.de/4players.php...0/The_Legend_of_Zelda_Breath_of_the_Wild.html

91/100

I translated their statement at the end: "This is the best Legend of Zelda since Ocarina of Time in my opinion. Nintendo finally advanced [as a developer]. I wish everyone fun with this remarkable adventure."

You might wonder why it's only a mediocre 91/100 then? Because they are german. They gave HORIZON Zero Dawn 86/100 so you guys have something to compare that rating to ;)
91 is so mediocre ugh

Nicktendo86

I mean, I KNEW this would get good scores. It's Zelda right? But I wasn't prepared for this. Amazing.

I just cannot afford a switch at the moment so will wait to see some comparisons between the wiiu and switch versions and pick up on wiiu if it isn't too bad, but damn. I wish I was 14 again and had all the time in the world to devote to this.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
It's going to be interesting to see how the game's reception will evolve in time. Can't wait to try it out tomorrow. Don't fail me amazon!

KHlover

Banned
So, there is another one that wants to spit into the perfectly brewed Zelda Ratingsoup:

http://www.4players.de/4players.php...0/The_Legend_of_Zelda_Breath_of_the_Wild.html

91/100

I translated their statement at the end: "This is the best Legend of Zelda since Ocarina of Time in my opinion. Nintendo finally advanced [as a developer]. I wish everyone fun with this remarkable adventure."

You might wonder why it's only a mediocre 91/100 then? Because they are german. They gave HORIZON Zero Dawn 86/100 so you guys have something to compare that rating to ;)

Platin medal from 4players is like a 10/10 from most other outlets. I don't think they ever rated anything higher than 94 or so.

The Hermit

Jeez, I'm looking at this thread and I'm seeing what I guess full grown ADULTS losing there minds over a game for CHILDREN. I guess it's good at what its supposed to do which is to entertain kids but some of you need to GROW UP, y'all acting like your at kindergarten LMAO.

I guess it like with Disney, sure the films are good and maybe an adult can enjoy them if he has to be in the room but you have LOST YOUR MIND if you think you can compare those films to adult movies like scareface and the fast and furious franchise.

Like the Zelda reviews, this is a 10/10 troll.

Nice

giphy.gif

Despite being open world both games seem very much geared towards different audiences and both are thus-far acclaimed. Admittedly I have only played one but I'm buying a Nintendo home console for the first time just to play Zelda however people really need to chill out with this adversarial shit, I saw it in almost every Horizon Zero Dawn thread and now the game is out, its great and people should be enjoying it we still get this kind of stuff.

I know you're joking but the sentiment isn't any less annoying.

I didn't like horizon just seemed like the developers focused everything on making the game look good, gameplay was bland.

-MB-

It is peopel with this mindset that got to do the growing up here. This is such a pubescent attitude to have.

Lernaean

Banned

I love you man. I really love you.

Nightbird

If the game really keeps the 98 Meta score can we make the ot:
Breath of the Wild |OT| It's 98 all over again

That's perfect.

And wow @ keeping that extremely high score.

I kinda regret having sold my WiiU last christmas...

On the other hand, i do have a reason to buy a Switch a little bit earlier now!

Another 3D Zelda getting ridiculous (probably a teensy bit overhyped) review scores. have not ended up agreeing with the insane hype for any of these games except wind waker, but maybe this one will finally be another exception for me. Still don't understand why games media can't right level-headed reviews for these games.

Even if it's a bit overhyped, this type of score is literally unheard of in modern gaming. This goes beyond what other Zelda games have gotten by quite a bit

HunteronX

Banned

Wonderful.

mrmickfran

I actually consider Breath of the Wild's average more impressive than Ocarina's, considering that it has to work with more than twice the amount of reviewers.

bennibop

I kinda feel bad for Sony.

They shouldn't have released Horizon so close to Zelda.

No reason to feel bad, Horizon looks to have sold very well they have 60 million consoles out there. Not sure why people feel the need to do this, if you love games you will buy both Horizon and Zelda they are both fantastic must have titles for totally different reasons. Horizon is a masterpiece and has totally blown me away, Zelda will also be fantastic and sure will have similar impact for different reasons.

ekim

91/100

Pretty good! I mostly agree with Jörg and he also gave Heavy Rain a really high score which was my GOTG last gen.

I kinda feel bad for Sony.

They shouldn't have released Horizon so close to Zelda.
To be fair. Horizon had its date looked down a long time ago.

Nintendo just announced Zelda released date not even two months ago. Doesn't matter tho, there's little overlap between Horizon and Zelda. They'll both get attention.

How are people even falling for this?

Wow those are great scores. To be honest I'm still worried about the performance of the game on the Wii U, but my hype is at maximum levels. Can't wait for tomorrow!!

shandy706

Wow, incredible scores. Can't wait for Mario and a Switch this Holiday. If I last that long.

I need to clear my catalog over the next 7 months so I can put 100 hours into this.

Who's mans is this?

On topic: Just waking up to see the reviews and Metacritic. Holy fucking shit!!!

vareon

I didn't like horizon just seemed like the developers focused everything on making the game look good, gameplay was bland.

Let's not bring Horizon now, no matter what you think of it. "Now" being the keyword because it does nothing but derail the thread where everyone is waiting for reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom