• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
As excited as I am for Zelda I cant help feel it is being let off in reviews for performance problems when others game would not be given the same treatment. Games should not be given perfect score when there are issues, because it is not perfect.

No game is ever perfect because expectations are unbounded. The point of a 10/10 is to say this game surprised and delighted in ways you couldn't even imagine were possible before playing it.

Can anyone say 'moneyhat'?

Jeez, I'm looking at this thread and I'm seeing what I guess full grown ADULTS losing there minds over a game for CHILDREN. I guess it's good at what its supposed to do which is to entertain kids but some of you need to GROW UP, y'all acting like your at kindergarten LMAO.

I guess it like with Disney, sure the films are good and maybe an adult can enjoy them if he has to be in the room but you have LOST YOUR MIND if you think you can compare those films to adult movies like scareface and the fast and furious franchise.

If you like this game you NEED to grow up, that's all their is too it.
Damn, this is good.

SomTervo

34, been playing games since the Atari.

Previous all-time favorites (abridged):
  • Chrono Trigger
  • Final Fantasy VI
  • Super Metroid
  • Super Mario World
  • The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
  • Metroid Prime

BotW might be better than all of these games.

what the fuck, man

C56OAKvXQAAVU49.jpg

From Metacritic, credit Nibel for screenshot

I'll never understand what outlets saw in GTA IV that made them lose their shit.

I actually consider Breath of the Wild's average more impressive than Ocarina's, considering that it has to work with more than twice the amount of reviewers.

And let's be honest, BotW did not have either:

1. An era where 10s were given out like candy, or
2. The prestige of being the first 3D Zelda

It's nearly better than OoT on MC and it had way more going against it.

I didn't like horizon just seemed like the developers focused everything on making the game look good, gameplay was bland.
I don't want to derail too much but you think the gameplay is bland and are insinuating Guerrilla only cared about graphics?

I really don't think you've played this game or really even watched much footage. The world building, lore, story, etc... is on point.

To be fair. Horizon had its date looked down a long time ago.

Nintendo just announced Zelda released date not even two months ago. Doesn't matter tho, there's little overlap between Horizon and Zelda. They'll both get attention.

Yeah Nintendo decided to just rain on their parade lol

A mess, but horizon has the Sony players to get into

JCH!

Wow. I really did not think it was possible for such a general positive consensus to be a thing in 2017.

Extremely happy to be wrong!

Wow at all the perfect reviews. First for a Zelda game? We Zelda fans truly are in for something really special!
Not really. Mainline Zelda games get like 95 meta score usually.
Skyward Sword at 93 was one of its lowest.

If you count Ocarina tho, but system was different back then.

Shame these devs are stuck on subpar hardware though. If the only complaints this game is getting is about performance, graphics and fps then imagine what they could do with better machines.

A "Nintendo should go 3rd party" post in a thread about literally the best reviewed game in decades.

Fucking lol.

Jb

I didn't think a game could enjoy this kind of euphoric critical reception in this day and age.
Glad I decided to pick up a Switch :)

Rozart

This is going to make my decision to wait on BotW until a new Switch revision comes out just excruciating.

A meta of 98 in the current game reviewing climate...Sheesh. I'm honestly still floored by all these scores. BotW seems like it's well on its way to being one of the classics.

Can anyone say 'moneyhat'?

Jeez, I'm looking at this thread and I'm seeing what I guess full grown ADULTS losing there minds over a game for CHILDREN. I guess it's good at what its supposed to do which is to entertain kids but some of you need to GROW UP, y'all acting like your at kindergarten LMAO.

I guess it like with Disney, sure the films are good and maybe an adult can enjoy them if he has to be in the room but you have LOST YOUR MIND if you think you can compare those films to adult movies like scareface and the fast and furious franchise.

If you like this game you NEED to grow up, that's all their is too it.

lol is this like a gaf meme I missed or is it serious? And I'll never grow up, thanks much.

Edit: it's obviously a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom