• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SgtCobra

Little Mons†er;231321801 said:
Yeah Nintendo decided to just rain on their parade lol

A mess, but horizon has the Sony players to get into
They're not raining on anything, Horizon has a pretty good MC score and will sell millions (probably way more than BotW). Zelda will be one of the best games of all time (if we have to believe these reviews) and will put up some impressive sales numbers.

Cloukyo

Banned
I honestly can't remember the last time I've spent so much money on games

My wallet hurts so much... With Nier and Persona coming out, there are now TOO many good games coming out this year, I don't have time to play them (ordered them anyway)!

I don't think I've ever had that problem.

bennibop

No game is ever perfect because expectations are unbounded. The point of a 10/10 is to say this game surprised and delighted in ways you couldn't even imagine were possible before playing it.

Suppose its all subjective, I believe issues should have an impact on final score. My favourite game this gen has been Bloodborne but it did not deserve a perfect score (which it did not in the majority) due to framerate stutters as it could spoil immersion.

Either way I am hyped for Zelda and look forward to my arriving!

CassSept

How are people even falling for this?

It borders on believable up until that line about the fast and the furious, I assure you there definitely are people out there who think exactly like that.

On topic, these reviews in 2017 are insane. So excited for playing this game and sad Nintendo cracked down on European shops selling games two days before launch date.

I've been playing the game for a couple days and I'm so glad my impressions are justified.

This game is something else and everyone needs to fucking play it.

Every other open world game is going to be compared to it from now on.

Can anyone say 'moneyhat'?

Jeez, I'm looking at this thread and I'm seeing what I guess full grown ADULTS losing there minds over a game for CHILDREN. I guess it's good at what its supposed to do which is to entertain kids but some of you need to GROW UP, y'all acting like your at kindergarten LMAO.

I guess it like with Disney, sure the films are good and maybe an adult can enjoy them if he has to be in the room but you have LOST YOUR MIND if you think you can compare those films to adult movies like scareface and the fast and furious franchise.

If you like this game you NEED to grow up, that's all their is too it.

Ahahahahahahahahahaha

Not only is your post shitty, your taste in movies is too. But if this is bait then you've given me a good laugh for the morning and I thank you.

....Anyways I planned on waiting to get this game, but I really had to click on the review thread. These reviews are fantastic. I'm assuming everything pretty much applies to the Wii U version too, right? I don't have the money for a Switch at the moment, though now I wish I did lol. Hope those of you that did get the switch version and the console enjoy!

Edit:
you realize that post is a parody, right?

I do now lol. Still gave me a good chuckle

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Horizon will probably sell a lot more than Zelda.

It could go either way. PS4 exclusives seem to cap out around 10 million and wii u games alone can get near that and BoTW will almost certainly still be sold for the rest of the switches lifetime. Probably have an insane attach ratio

It was the right choice. They wouldnt have canceled it unless it was gonna be trash.

Well yes, cancelling the version that existed at the time was probably the right call.

My point was that MS likely meddled with the game's core vision and concepts for a long time before that happened. Kamiya doesn't make bad games.

Prithee Be Careful

Industry Professional
tCMqSj9.jpg

I think back to that thread a few days back where they asked if reviews were always objective. I think these review scores provide a ready answer.

There's nothing I've seen listed in any of these reviews which blows your mind. No boundary pushing depth or complexity, no underheard of mechanics. The story telling remains rote, the technical perfomance is acceptable and there's the usual mixture of combat, traversal and puzzles.

There's no redefining of the open world scenario and nothing in the combat which is radically different from what we've seen before. Why the perfect 10s? What kind of otherworldly achievement would merit that? Simply being a Zelda game in a critical forum who's leading voices grew up with Ocarina of Time.

That's my takeaway.

Ahahahahahahahahahaha

Not only is your post shitty, your taste in movies is too

....Anyways I planned on waiting to get this game, but I really had to click on the review thread. These reviews are fantastic. I'm assuming everything pretty much applies to the Wii U version too, right? I don't have the money for a Switch at the moment, though now I wish I did lol. Hope those of you that did get the switch version and the console enjoy!

you realize that post is a parody, right?

tensuke

I guess I'm getting a Switch sooner than expected. Damn. Expected 92 or 93 after leveling out, but now I don't think it will hit below 96, if it even drops. And considering the number of reviews, that's pretty fantastic.

Grakl

Ahahahahahahahahahaha

Not only is your post shitty, your taste in movies is too

U got b8d m8 ayyyyyyyyy

rdytoroll

So, there is another one that wants to spit into the perfectly brewed Zelda Ratingsoup:

http://www.4players.de/4players.php...0/The_Legend_of_Zelda_Breath_of_the_Wild.html

91/100

I translated their statement at the end: "This is the best Legend of Zelda since Ocarina of Time in my opinion. Nintendo finally advanced [as a developer]. I wish everyone fun with this remarkable adventure."

You might wonder why it's only a mediocre 91/100 then? Because they are german. They gave HORIZON Zero Dawn 86/100 so you guys have something to compare that rating to ;)

A 91 from Jörg fucking Luibl, one of the most critical reviewers, is an amazing score. Not mediocre at all, a 91 never is lol

faridmon

Guys, Please

Can't we just live in a world where Both Zelda and Horizon are considered, equally, amazing games by their own right?

Lets not be pity

I didn't like horizon just seemed like the developers focused everything on making the game look good, gameplay was bland.

Hehe. You were waiting for this moment all week, eh? Congratulations, your Zelda game has scored higher than a game on an 'opposing' system that going by what you've written, you haven't even played.

ckaneo

Well yes, cancelling the version that existed at the time was probably the right call.

My point was that MS likely meddled with the game's core vision and concepts for a long time before that happened. Kamiya doesn't make bad games.

I think the problem is that Microsoft expected a new franchise quality game and Scalebound looked more like Nier than Horizon. If that makes sense.

bennibop

Besides that, Horizon and Zelda are probably the two best games of 2017…

Agreed playing Horizon at the moment it is phenomenal (and definitely not comparible with Zelda.) People should stop comparing and play both, 2017 looks like a fantastic year for Nintendo and Sony. (Poor Microsoft.)

Realeza

Banned
I think back to that thread a few days back where they asked if reviews were always objective. I think these review scores provide a ready answer.

There's nothing I've seen listed in any of these reviews which blows your mind. No boundary pushing depth or complexity, no underheard of mechanics. The story telling remains rote, the technical perfomance is acceptable and there's the usual mixture of combat, traversal and puzzles.

There's no redefining of the open world scenario and nothing in the combat which is radically different from what we've seen before. Why the perfect 10s? What kind of otherworldly achievement would merit that? Simply being a Zelda game in a critical forum who's leading voices grew up with Ocarina of Time.

That's my takeaway.

Nah my man, maybe is just that good.

LotusHD

Banned
I can understand the MC score rivalry, but why do people care which one sells more than the other lol

That's my takeaway.

I mean, I dunno what to tell you. 98 MC is unprecedented, so I'mma take their side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom