• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I like how one of the few non-perfect scores came from a Nintendo specific outlet lol.

While I really liked Skyward Sword I don't think it's perfect and I don't think anyone would say it is. Hell some people seem to downright hate the game. But that didn't stop it from getting perfect scores.

Dude I'm one of the biggest Skyward defenders around (just... ask this forum) but even I don't think it's perfect. There are perfectly valid criticisms against it and I share some of them, but I would still give it a 10 based on my overall experience with the game. Most of my complaints are just annoyances, while a few... I really could have did without, like the repeat Imprisoned battles which weren't fun to me and mostly obnoxious so that didn't help.

However, for me they didn't culminate into any sort of weapon against the game; basically I can say yeah, didn't like this, didn't like that, but then I could go on and on about all the things I completely love about the game, and they're all things that I mostly love about Zelda and why it's my favorite gaming franchise. That alone is worthy of a 10, personally speaking.

Holy shit. My mom came into my room to bring me a plate of chicken nuggets and I literally screamed at her and hit the plate of chicken nuggets out of her hand. She started yelling and swearing at me and I slammed the door on her. I'm so distressed right now I don't know what to do. I didn't mean to do that to my mom but I'm literally in shock from the reviews tonight. I feel like I'm going to explode. Why the fucking fuck is Horizon losing? This can't be happening. I'm having a fucking breakdown. I don't want to believe the world is so corrupt. I want a future to believe in. I want Sony to be leading and fix this broken industry. I cannot fucking deal with this right now. It wasn't supposed to be like this, I thought Horizon was reviewing well on Metacritic???? This is so fucked.

Delete your account and get a life.

Air

Banned
So this is just a question because I am a giant Zelda fan / buying it day 1 and I don't want people to think I am being critical but what do you guys think this game does to be one of the highest rated games of all time? I haven't played it yet and I am sure it is the masterpiece everyone is saying it is but just from a observational perspective of the games industry as a whole people seem to award innovation so what in peoples opinions does this game do to push things so far forward? I am sure it has to be much more than just open world Zelda.

Looks like a perfect blend of design and systems driven gameplay that awards the player for being curious and adventurous with a strong focus on problem solving instead of reaching a goal. All done in one of the most massive open worlds made and with the polish, charm and attention to detail that Nintendo titles carry

reKon

Banned
Holy shit. My mom came into my room to bring me a plate of chicken nuggets and I literally screamed at her and hit the plate of chicken nuggets out of her hand. She started yelling and swearing at me and I slammed the door on her. I'm so distressed right now I don't know what to do. I didn't mean to do that to my mom but I'm literally in shock from the reviews tonight. I feel like I'm going to explode. Why the fucking fuck is Horizon losing? This can't be happening. I'm having a fucking breakdown. I don't want to believe the world is so corrupt. I want a future to believe in. I want Sony to be leading and fix this broken industry. I cannot fucking deal with this right now. It wasn't supposed to be like this, I thought Horizon was reviewing well on Metacritic???? This is so fucked.

new copypasta?

Has anything been said about the Wii u version? For example, how bad is the aliasing? I absolutely hate hate hate aliasing and on a 55 incher that's gonna stand out quite a bit.

The WiiU's got some killer titles, but no future.

The Switch is some killer hardware, but only one title.

Personally I'd go for the Switch, a lot of the better WiiU games are getting either ported or direct sequels on the Switch.

I mean, if you don't have either console, get the Switch, dude.

Get the Switch, cause the Wii U is a bad system and still expensive

For all of our sakes, get the Switch. We need a large base to encourage awesome future titles.

You might be able to get a WiiU a little cheaper, but you'd still be spending way too much for a dead console to play an inferior version of the game, imo. I'd go Switch, 100%.

Buy her a Switch, you idiot

Now's your chance buddy, you know what to do.

Switch! Absolutely.

I have a Wii U and it has fantastic games, but it will not get any more games. The Switch is more powerful, has built in 2-player support, will get all the new titles, and you can play Zelda portable on the go if you want.

Sounds like one of those girls they call "keepers."

Switch. Wii U is dead

If I didn't already have a Wii U I'd get a Switch for it for sure.

If you don't, she can find a real man like me who will

I would say the Switch.

From what I've heard so far I'm worried about the WiiU version. Sounds like it runs poorly.

Yeesh, alright. I guess we'll be hunting for a Switch this weekend

Crayolan

Anyone who says Metacritic scores don't matter is a liar. A game with a 98 Metacritic is a system seller. As someone who weren't to fond on the switch I've changed my mind.

You'd be doing yourself a disservice as a gamer not to play this.

To be fair, a 97/98 MC is not something you see everyday. This is a once in a generation kinda thing.

skypunch

Banned

You should apologise to your mum.

EDIT: Oh, it's a meme.

The difference between 88 and 98, is one is the GOTY. With DLCs coming during votes, the Zelda excitement will remain huge. Red Redemption 2 is the real other contender.

Wait, Horizon's MC / OC is in the high 80s now? Huh, I remember it sitting somewhere around the same ballpark BOTW currently is now. When I last checked, that is.

Mohonky

Übermatik;231351820 said:
BUILDING OT NOW, HOLD ON TO YOUR BUTTS
I was gonna ask, do we have an OT, Id search but theres more as many Zelda threads as there are Metacritic points....

Anyway, I maybe biased, as someone that has played pretty much every mainstream Zelda since the day it launched on NES, that this one is legit awesome. I was worried about the changes, but its done in such a Zelda way.

Also, you can be such a prick as Link to unsuspecting Koboblins lol.

FZZ

Banned
Easy Allies review was good

But I don't agree with giving a game 4.5/5 for technical issues when you give TLG a 5/5 lmao. Different reviewers but still

Folks, I don't know how Nintendo is going to recover from this.

In the short term, it looks as though we're in for a great game. In the long term, no matter how Nintendo's developers innovate from here, we are in for another twenty years of infighting over whether anything in the series will ever live up to the consensual acclaim and relevance of the One True 3D Zelda, Breath of the Wild. Time may pass and the game may be bettered, but the cycle will begin anew.

The problem with the game is that it's almost too good.

ryan.jpg

Kadin

Folks, I don't know how Nintendo is going to recover from this.

In the short term, it looks as though we're in for a great game. In the long term, no matter how Nintendo's developers innovate from here, we are in for another twenty years of infighting over whether anything in the series will ever live up to the consensual acclaim and relevance of the One True 3D Zelda, Breath of the Wild. Time may pass and the game may be bettered, but the cycle will begin anew.
I'm okay with that. We have this game now. That's all I need. I'll worry about later... later.

fantomena

Game has now a big banner in the Norwegian Wii U eShop today, previously today it has a very small banner below a game called Forma 8.

So at least they know it exists. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom