• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

rhino4evr said:
Lol..someone on this board told you about a store nearby that was selling it and had 1 copy left. I call that LUCKY
I had two friends and one relative scout Targets nearby them. I then drove over an hour one way doing 80 at a minimum to an area I had never even heard of on the off-chance that this store would have exactly one copy left by the time I got there, and I was on fumes the entire time because I only had just enough money on me at the time to get the game. GTFO.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
catfish said:
I'm tempted, I never played oot before.
Whether this genre is one you like or not, you can't really understand what Nintendo brought to gaming if you have not played OOT.

McNum

DoctorWho said:
So SS happened before OoT?

*Notes it down on a very large notepad*
Weren't we already told that? Part of Skyward Sword is apparently about the Master Sword and where it came from. So it has to be before OoT.

Link Man

Banned
shadyspace said:
I had two friends and one relative scout Targets nearby them. I then drove over an hour one way doing 80 at a minimum to an area I had never even heard of on the off-chance that this store would have exactly one copy left by the time I got there, and I was on fumes the entire time because I only had just enough money on me at the time to get the game. GTFO.
Sound like you were trying for Biggoron's Sword. :)

McNum said:
Weren't we already told that? Part of Skyward Sword is apparently about the Master Sword and where it came from. So it has to be before OoT.

I never knew that.

*notes this down on very large notepad*

And on the note of Biggoron's Sword, I've never completed this or even got the sword itself. And yet here I am considering a 3 heart run.

I also realized that I've only beaten this once. I stopped at Ganon's Tower the second playthrough.

d0c_zaius

shadyspace said:

good for you? sounds like your priorities are in check nicely. now that you have the game a couple of days early, you will relax....until the next early game release.

and it's still lucky that you were able to get one, but gratz as you certainly put in the effort for it

marc^o^ said:
Whether this genre is one you like or not, you can't really understand what Nintendo brought to gaming if you have not played OOT.

Um wtf? for you maybe. For the rest of us, that statement is just silly

Game Analyst said:
Has anyone found the game for sale in Los Angeles?

you know where to look. this question is redundant :p

I'm bummed that there isn't a hardcover guide this go-round. I love the ones Prima produced for Spirit Tracks, Phantom Hourglass, and Twilight Princess.

GhostSeed

The OP says there's a poster for pre-ordering at GameStops in the US but there's nothing on their site and I called the local one and they didn't know anything about it either. Does anyone know what going on with this?

Forest Temple is still the king, the atmosphere puts it over for me. I swear those poes take more of a beating this time around.

It's quite astounding to me how much of a difference all the little things added in this version make, from the more obvious improved graphics and frame rate to the extra detail in interiors.
One thing regarding Lon Lon Ranch that was pretty cool was that (if you don't want some little details spoiled you should refrain from highlighting, first time players steer clear regardless)
upon returning to the ranch once Ingo has taken over you can head into what was Talon's room and it is now adorned with various Ingo related stuff such as his neck frill/ruff on a stand, some kind of Ingo emblem on the wall and even a picture of Ganondorf!

rhino4evr

shadyspace said:
So not only were you lucky enough to get a copy early, you were also lucky not to get a speeding ticket too.

Not sure why you are arguing here...

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Nocturnowl said:
Forest Temple is still the king, the atmosphere puts it over for me. I swear those poes take more of a beating this time around.

It's quite astounding to me how much of a difference all the little things added in this version make, from the more obvious improved graphics and frame rate to the extra detail in interiors.
One thing regarding Lon Lon Ranch that was pretty cool was that (if you don't want some little details spoiled you should refrain from highlighting, first time players steer clear regardless)
upon returning to the ranch once Ingo has taken over you can head into what was Talon's room and it is now adorned with various Ingo related stuff such as his neck frill/ruff on a stand, some kind of Ingo emblem on the wall and even a picture of Ganondorf!

That's AWESOME.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Nocturnowl said:

Gotta enjoy the little extra, however small it may be.

Rich!

Just got Saria's Song. And I've got one major complaint (for myself), right here:

Am I right in remembering that the aim in the original OOT was inverted up/down? I'm sure it was - it isn't in the 3DS version and it's fucking with my mind, man. And the speed for moving around while aiming/looking is MUCH slower too. Gah.

Ah well. Other than that, so far it's absolutely incredible. Forest Temple (from the outside) looks awesome - everything is so crisp and detailed compared to my N64 copy.

richisawesome said:
Just got Saria's Song. And I've got one major complaint (for myself), right here:

Am I right in remembering that the aim in the original OOT was inverted up/down? I'm sure it was - it isn't in the 3DS version and it's fucking with my mind, man. And the speed for moving around while aiming/looking is MUCH slower too. Gah.

Ah well. Other than that, so far it's absolutely incredible. Forest Temple (from the outside) looks awesome - everything is so crisp and detailed compared to my N64 copy.

Damn, I HATE non-inverted aiming. Although I can't remember if the original was inverted or not.

Edit: So there IS an option to change it. Crisis averted.

Rich!

Naked Snake said:
Damn, I HATE non-inverted aiming. Although I can't remember if the original was inverted or not.

I'm absolutely certain it was. OOT along with Goldeneye are the two games that taught me to play the superior inverted way from then on - and now the OOT remake is making me do it non-invert! Arghhh.

richisawesome said:
I'm absolutely certain it was. OOT along with Goldeneye are the two games that taught me to play the superior inverted way from then on - and now the OOT remake is making me do it non-invert! Arghhh.

That's really, really missed up. They should have included an option to change it.

This is the first thing I'm genuinely disappointed about in this remake.

Edit: FALSE ALARM! Damn you richisaweome! :p

Milpool

richisawesome said:

I think it was inverted in the original too by default, first thing I changed in the start>options menu when I started playing this version.

Also, I sort of brushed off being able to aim with the gyro. Turns out I'm deadly using that method.

Rich!

Naked Snake said:
That's really, really missed up. They should have included an option to change it.

Yeah, same. I noticed it when I played it at the Feburary event, but assumed it would be in the options in the final build (same for Mercenaries 3D, which was unplayable for myself due to that reason).

I know it sounds odd to those who play with non-invert controls, but as I said before, all the N64 games I grew up with had invert as default - and when you have been playing that way for the best part of 15 years, it's incredibly hard to change. And when the remake of OOT has non-invert as default, it takes the piss as the original was the opposite!

EDIT LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER:

Milpool said:
I think it was inverted in the original too by default, first thing I changed in the start>options menu when I started playing this version.

Also, I sort of brushed off being able to aim with the gyro. Turns out I'm deadly using that method.

HOLY SHIT I FOUND THE OPTION IN THE MENU. PANIC OVER

BEST GAME EVER.

thanks dude, I'm such a fucking retard sometimes. haha. CANNOT believe I missed that!!

Symphonic

Naked Snake said:

Really? All the changes and one difference in controls makes you disappointed?

edit: Nevermind, no longer an issue. Happy day.

Rich!

loblaw said:
Really? All the changes and one difference in controls makes you disappointed?

Doesn't matter. There's an option blatantly smack bang in the middle of the options screen to change it which I was somehow oblivious to.

Rich!

autobzooty said:
has someone broken street date? seems like a lot of people have it already...

I work at a rental store, we're entitled to games/films early. Not allowed to buy it until Friday though.

Rich!

You know what automatically makes this version superior to the original?

Text that scrolls twice as fast. Seriously, it's Majora's Mask levels of text speed awesomeness.

LuFel

richisawesome said:
HOLY SHIT I FOUND THE OPTION IN THE MENU. PANIC OVER

BEST GAME EVER.

thanks dude, I'm such a fucking retard sometimes. haha. CANNOT believe I missed that!!

oh my!! need buy a 3ds naoo...

neoism

took forever today but just got my 3DS :D :D :D :D :D! No games til Sunday.. :( I have cave story on DSi, is it a pain to transfer?

joetachi

Japan is ready

19663314.jpg

Top Bottom